Darth Vader vs Admiral Ackbar (space battle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demenos
if Vader and Ackbar both commanded a fleet of equal size and they faced each other, who would win?

both have same size fleet

*************ackbar doesn't have rogue squadron*************

AncientPower
Ackbar apparently believes Vader would've single-handedly turned the Battle of Endor, so who knows. Then again he never believed he could have succeeded as an admiral in the first place.

Still, Vader.

EmperorSidious2
Vader

Fated Xtasy
Couldn't Vader just Superman fly through space, land on Ackbar's ship and terrify everyone like the slow moving Villain he is?

Now with LOTS this a legitimate option

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Couldn't Vader just Superman fly through space, land on Ackbar's ship and terrify everyone like the slow moving Villain he is?

Now with LOTS this a legitimate option

He also did it in Legends too...well abit, he didn't really fly to another ship, but he pretty much scaled an ISD to the bridge and took it out.

Or could just hop in his TIE and just start wrecking squadrons and the fleet. :P

Kurk
Vader

Lord Stark
Equal fleets? Ackbar stomps. Logically (given that a Mandator-class star dreadnought can take on 1,000 frigates) the Executor alone should have solo'ed the alliance fleet at Endor.

Can you imagine what a stomp it would have been if Ackbar had a dreadnought of his own.

Zenwolf
Wasn't the reason the fleet lost the Executor because Piett was told to not attack and when it finally did it was too late?

Seems to me that is out the window here.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Wasn't the reason the fleet lost the Executor because Piett was told to not attack and when it finally did it was too late?

Seems to me that is out the window here.

No. The Imperial ships returned fire as soon as the rebel ships began to engage at knife fight range. Ackbar cleverly focused fire on the bridge area to temporarily lower that area of the Executor's shields.

quanchi112
Ackbar rapes.

Zenwolf
Positive? I recall reading somewhere, the distance closed in to where the Executor couldn't bring it's full weapons to bare. /Shrug

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Positive? I recall reading somewhere, the distance closed in to where the Executor couldn't bring it's full weapons to bare. /Shrug

I mean that could potentially be true considering the majority of the Executor's weapons are likely on the "cityscape". But no the ships returned fire as soon as the rebel ships pressed their advantage.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Lord Stark
I mean that could potentially be true considering the majority of the Executor's weapons are likely on the "cityscape". But no the ships returned fire as soon as the rebel ships pressed their advantage.

Hmm...K, but i'll double check cause now I'm just genuinely curious if I recall it right or not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.