Battlefield 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/12/12/dice-confirms-its-now-working-on-next-battlefield?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=17&utm_campaign=Blogroll

The next Battlefield has been confirmed! Thank god DICE is back on it. Hardline was atrocious.

Nemesis X
Bet you despite all that big talk campaigns are pointless, DICE is still going to add one for Battlefield 5.

Smasandian
Surprise!

Battlefield 4 was great (I was lucky I never ran into login issues) but what else can they do? They seriously need to do something different.

And you are probably right, a campaign will probably be included.

KingD19
Battlefield(aside from Bad Company) isn't known for it's stupendous, A+++ blockbuster campaigns, but they're fun for what they are. Now if only they'd put a campaign on Battlefront lol.

Kazenji
DICE needs to work on the campaign for these games being actually good otherwise don't bother at all.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Bet you despite all that big talk campaigns are pointless, DICE is still going to add one for Battlefield 5. I hope not. They're usually atrocious at single player, so they could leave it out for all I care

Smasandian
Atrocious is a strong word. They are not great but they are definitely not horrible. I enjoyed BF4 single player campaign especially the areas where they open up the map a bit.

I think they should create an open world type map with linear missions where big battles are organic and not follow the leader.

jinXed by JaNx
Campaigns should be mandatory. We already know that the multiplayer will be better than COD games,, so why not continue to include a a great aspect that COD is neglecting to include?

KingD19
COD is almost always praised for it's short, but spectacular campaign. All the Black Ops stories were awesome, even if I didn't like the concept of BO3. It's just most people are so hooked on the multiplayer, they skip the campaign entirely no matter how good it is.

Kazenji
The last two COD games i've heard had some good campaigns for a COD game.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/26/battlefield-5-reportedly-set-in-world-war-1-according-to-retailer

A leak says BF5 will be set during WW1. Not sure I'm a fan of that. There's going to be a real lack of features if this is true (at least compared to past BFs). I would rather stick with modern warfare, though I wouldn't mind WW2.

Smasandian
That would be different. I think it would be a wait and see approach to see what they do. One thing though, it would be interesting on how they do the art design. It could be gorgeous in a depressing sort of way.

I think WW2 should be revisited for Battlefield. It would get away from the modern weapons and probably be a bit more skilled base. There is tons of battles, tanks, planes, anti air and anti tank. Hell, maybe they could add battleships and subs like they used to have in BF1942.

Tzeentch
I'd be super interested in a WW1 Battlefield.

Smasandian
It will be definitely interesting. Well, at least more interesting than the "modern warfare" era.

I still think WW2 should be revisited over WW1 though. I'm not sure how BF will translate to WW1.

Arachnid1
UPcmR6seYjw

The full game has been leaked, DLCs and all. Its confirmed WWI. Best of all, its coming out this year.

10-26-2016

Smasandian
Hmm......WW1, I don't know how that is going to turn out.

N-Shifter
It's not confirmed as WWI, even if that leak is true (which we're still not certain it is) then look at the names of the DLCs - it's a future setting, probably somewhere set before "Battlefield: 2142" but after "Battlefield 4".

Arachnid1
Told ya its WWI. Its an alternate history WWI though. That could solve the lack of attachments and customization. Also, wtf is up with that numbering

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/details-on-the-next-battlefield-game-have-been-leaked-060516

Arachnid1
c7nRTF2SowQ&utm

KingD19
Just please no more silent protagonists. It's not hard to get one more voice in the ****ing game.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Told ya its WWI. Its an alternate history WWI though. That could solve the lack of attachments and customization. Also, wtf is up with that numbering

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/details-on-the-next-battlefield-game-have-been-leaked-060516

I guess they don't want to call it Battlefield 5.

It's definitely peaked my interest and I will probably buy it if no major issues pop up but I would rather have a true sequel to BF1942.

There is so many things they could do with World War 2 and so many iconic battles they could create maps for. And all the awesome tanks, weapons, planes and other stuff....ahhh, I ****ing hope they make a World War 2 game again. Hell, you don't even need to add the "alternate history" angle that this game has (because if it didn't, it would be ****ing boring and depressing).

Kazenji
Yeah the numbering for it is whacked, Makes you think they've remade 1942 but then you watch the trailer.....yeah.

jinXed by JaNx
I like the idea of revisiting older wars but I don't see why we can't have a game that spans generations. Battlefield 2 proved that we could have a game that includes modern warfare and Vietnam so why can't we have one that spans them all. I love battlefield. Their gameplay is leagues superior to COD games but I think the WWI gimmick will wear thin

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Their gameplay is leagues superior to COD games but I think the WWI gimmick will wear thin

Except for the Campaign modes, COD wins that out of the two.

RadZoa
I'd take it over jet pack wall run simulator 3000 Aka every f'n Call of Duty game.

Smasandian
Gamespot has a closer look regarding gameplay.

There will be more emphasis on dogfighting and planes will have turrets as well. It will have assault rifles, submachine guns, heavy machine guns and bolt action rifles. As well, the coolest thing is that you can use battleships and bombard emplacements and stuff. There is other stuff as well but I belive this is the closest BF has been to the original 1942. As for vehicles, heavy tanks, light tanks, armored cars and horses.

It looks very cool and I'm happy that the game will be more skill based than before. The single player campaign will try to be more Bad Company 2-ish and I think they said will revolve around flying, land and water parts. In the end, the game is about air, land and sea and I believe most maps will have all three....but I'm not sure.

Nemesis X
I noticed a blimp at the end of the trailer. Surely that's gonna be in the multiplayer too, yes? Better be.

Smasandian
From what they said, the guy who saw the game behind closed doors saw the blimp but it wasn't being used. He was unsure if you can use the blimp or not. He did say that planes were flying around it so it had a physical space in the game world.

Does that mean you can fly it? Maybe.....or it could be similar to how the AC-130 was used in modern BF's. However, it would a bit strange if you can control massive destroyers (and probably smaller cruisers and hell, maybe even subs) but not control that airship.

My best guess would be that the airship is part of mode and whoever controls are point get to use it and it's on rails.

Speaking of modes, I wonder what they are. I would assume conquest, rush, air superiority, and I'm guessing some sort of naval superiority.

Nemesis X
Turns out Battlefield 1's gonna have a campaign. What was it DICE was trying to explain to the rest of the world why their last game, Battlefront, couldn't have story? Something about nobody wanting one and that it was pointless? Friggin hypocrites man erm

Kazenji
Lets hope the campaign is on par with Bad Company 2 otherwise it's just going to be another pointless shit one.

Arachnid1
Battlefield 1 is now by far the most liked trailer on YouTube.

Infinite Warfare is now by far the most disliked trailer on YouTube.

Zack Fair
LoL.

Reminds me of the E3 reveals of PS4 and Xbone

Smasandian
There is gameplay footage of an actual match on Polygon. From what I've seen, I'm looking forward to it because it feels like it's back to the original 1942 where there isn't a lock on in sight.

Also, when the airship crashes, it crashes on the map in any location and obliterates anything beneath it and the remnants stay there until the end of the match. Also, it seems all the vehicles have multiple gunnery positions which I loved when I played BF3 and 4.

Kazenji
Heard the new trailer is alot more cohesive compared to the first one which was just bits & pieces

and here it is

4pY3hlQEOc0

Smasandian
It looks fun.

Nemesis X
If you want to play the French you'll have to buy the premium DLC first.

http://www.pcgamer.com/french-forces-will-be-premium-dlc-for-battlefield-1/

Arachnid1
So? Who cares what faction you play as in multiplayer? It has no real impact on gameplay if previous BFs are followed.

Plus, I don't want to play a quitting simulator.

Nemesis X
So? Who cares what faction you play as in multiplayer? It has no real impact on gameplay if previous BFs are followed.

Plus, I don't want to play a quitting simulator.

It's just odd you would exclude the French from a game about WWI. Didn't most of that war happen around their turf?

The French didn't quit 'til WWII.

Smasandian
Yes. It's a strange decision to add the United States instead of French due to what you said and the fact that US didn't join WW1 until very late.

However, I assume US was added because it's probably costing the devs big bucks to develop and thought not having US would hurt sales in the US. I'm guessing that's the reason behind it.

The Russian Empire is not in as well.

Kazenji
I heard somewhere that there's going to be a multiplayer map for Anzac Cove, Not sure about the actual story mode for the Australian stuff.

Smasandian
They have released info stating that the French will be DLC. Maybe the DLC Premium pack will be based on individual nations instead of areas like previous games.

So, maybe each DLC will include

1. British dominions (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India and etc)
2. Russian Empire
3. France
4. Japan
5. Client states/Bulgaria.

But who knows.

dika123
Indonesia DLC please....

Smasandian
What? Indonesia?

Not sure why they would be DLC for WW1.

Kazenji
Indonesia would be more to do with WW2 how Japan had it under control

unless i'm missing something for WW1.

Smasandian
I checked to see and I couldn't find anything.

The Netherlands were still controlling Indonesia until after WW2. Netherlands were neutral during World War 1.

Kazenji
2PjdFBr1LIM

FinalAnswer
http://i.imgur.com/9DaUKGo.jpg

lmao

Smasandian
I'm looking forward to this. I think it's a good step in trying to get away from a modern shooter. I'm looking forward to shooting people while turret in a plane, or an armoured car.

Now, if the next game can be WW2, that would be great. I think an updated version will be a very good thing. I want to see a King Tiger face off against a Sherman Firefly while people fight in Mustangs and that crazy German jet plane. That would be soo awesome.

Kazenji
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
http://i.imgur.com/9DaUKGo.jpg

lmao

Tyrese Gibson....is that what's funny from the picture?

FinalAnswer
No, a German soldier being black is what's funny.

Smasandian
Germany had black soldiers in WW1. They had colonies in Africa and WW1 was fought in Africa so it's not strange to see a black German solider.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Smasandian
Germany had black soldiers in WW1. They had colonies in Africa and WW1 was fought in Africa so it's not strange to see a black German solider.

None of the maps take place in the colonies, and Germany didn't have any black soldiers in the European theater.

Smasandian
Except the reveal trailer shows open desert African areas.....

And, the devs have said repeatedly that World War 1 took place all over the world and not just France and Belgium.

FinalAnswer
Except the reveal trailer shows open desert African areas.....

And, the devs have said repeatedly that World War 1 took place all over the world and not just France and Belgium.

The desert area is for the Ottoman front, and furthermore Germany's African colonies were located in Central/Southern Africa.

That's nice, that doesn't change the fact that the areas available for battle are none of the areas you'd see a German colonial soldier, especially not the European theater that the screenshot is from.

Kazenji
New gameplay trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymwXbF1VTKU

Smasandian
Beta out now. I played about 30 minutes or so. It was a lot of fun. It's basically Battlefield so it's not an entirely new experience. But.....being sent in the mid 1910's does change the gameplay up a fair bit. It feels much slower, more deliberate and it takes much more aiming skill than previous game.

It was strange jumping in an airplane and having to actually "dogfight" instead of relying on "lock on" weapons. Also, your in the air a lot more than previous games because you do not have 25 people locking on and shooting missiles.

And, they nailed the "war" aspect of the game. Things blowing up everywhere, shells flying through air, you can see the sand being pushed by the wind and when the train gets unlocked, it's this huge weapon platform that makes a difference.

Hopefully the SP is fantastic because this looks very promising.

Arachnid1
This game has been a blast so far. I've put a pretty good amount of time into the beta. The scout class is GOAT

Assault and Support are as expected, and I have yet to mess with medic yet. Not a fan of assault being the new engineer and medic being a separate class. Maybe I'll get used to it though.

The map in the beta is great, except for E being out in the middle of nowhere. This is also the most fun I've had with Rush mode since BF3. It's well done for the map.

Arachnid1
I've put a pretty good amount of time into this and got to level 31 on PS4 and 18 on xbox one. This is easily the most fun I've had with battlefield since Bad Company 2. This game blows away 4, 3, and obviously Hardline. No lock on weapons makes everything feel much more skill based, and the destructibility on the map is well done. This is also the most fun I've had with Rush mode in a long time. I originally thought it was stupid to change it to 12 v 12, but it makes for a pretty intimate experience.

I've already got this payed off. We've got 5 days left for the beta and then a bit over a one month wait for the game. It's going to be a loooong month.

Arachnid1
Zo2AbrQ0tOI&feature=youtu.be

Ended up level 50 on xbox and level 45 on PS4. I need this game back in my life already.

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by N-Shifter
It's not confirmed as WWI, even if that leak is true (which we're still not certain it is) then look at the names of the DLCs - it's a future setting, probably somewhere set before "Battlefield: 2142" but after "Battlefield 4".
you sure look silly now

Kazenji
C-vAxVh8ins

jinXed by JaNx
This game is absolutely stunning. It has some of the finest maps i've ever played. Just wish the campaign was a bit longer.

Smasandian
Yeah, this game is awesome.

And yeah, most maps are pretty damn stellar.

I wish the campaign was longer as well but it was a pretty sweet ride and the tank war story is freaking amazing. Really well done. I also liked the airplane war story too. The last one though is fantastic in my opinion. Sniping enemies from afar just felt great and the amount of ways you can do things was a welcome edition.

But....that operations mode is the best. I loved how it combination of rush and conquest with a cool mechanics of sectors and the amount of defense/attacks.

It's a very good game.

jinXed by JaNx
Does anyone know exactly how the take downs work? I'm sick of melee'ing someone two or three times just for them to turn around and stab me in the heart lol

Smasandian
I'm not sure.

I think it depends on what melee weapon you have. If it's a knife than it's faster but less powerful while the hatchet is the other away around.

I think if you attack from behind it's instant death but if you attack from in front, it depends on factors like weapon type and if the other player reacts. And I'm pretty sure charges are instant no matter what location.

Personally, I think the melee system is better in this game than the other. It felt in BF4 that the melee animation was always blocked if you attacked from the front.

Arachnid1
Fking love this game.

Insane Titan
This game is amazing.

About the takedowns like another poster said, it seems to be a instant kill if you can sneak up behind them. A bayonet charge kills them in one shot.

What class do ppl prefer?

Impediment
Edited the title.

I just bought this game today for PS4 and I'm currently installing it. I've heard a lot of good shit about this franchise and this is my first time playing any of the games.

Smasandian
Really?

Holy shit. Well, Battlefield 1 is like a new updated version of Battlefield 1942 using WW1 as subject matter.

Such a great series. Multiplayer has this "choas" aspect to it that no other series has even whiffed at. Most other shooters matches play out roughly the same way. However, in Battlefield, crazy shit is the norm.

For instance, just tonight I got over 40 kills in an Operations. Not because I'm amazing but due to me being the light tank overlooking a point. For some reason the other team were not going after me and I was just murdering them.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Impediment
Edited the title.

I just bought this game today for PS4 and I'm currently installing it. I've heard a lot of good shit about this franchise and this is my first time playing any of the games. It will be rough at first, but once you get the flow of gameplay and find a weapon you like, you will murder the fk out of others.

No multiplayer game comes close

Originally posted by Insane Titan
This game is amazing.

About the takedowns like another poster said, it seems to be a instant kill if you can sneak up behind them. A bayonet charge kills them in one shot.

What class do ppl prefer? Scout and support for me, but for the first time, all the classes are all pretty great

Insane Titan
It will be rough at first, but once you get the flow of gameplay and find a weapon you like, you will murder the fk out of others.

No multiplayer game comes close

Scout and support for me, but for the first time, all the classes are all pretty great thumb up same for me, at first I wanted to snap my controller in half lol.

Assault and scout for me, like the shotguns best of all.

jinXed by JaNx
This game needs a patch. It's such a pain in the ass not be able to quit a game in between matches. You should also be able to choose what medal you want to work towards. It's so annoying when the medals keep changing between matches or game types. You also shouldn't have to unlock the medal achievements in order.

The spotting function also needs tweaked. That used to be such a tactic in past games. In this game i be standing directly in front of someone and i won't be able to spot them, other times, however, i can call out an enemy that is across the map and nowhere near my reticle.

The most annoying element that Battlefield has NEVER offered is the ability to customize loadouts and classes at the main menu or in between matches. It makes no sense that the only time i can edit loadouts is during a match.

Smasandian
They are adding the ability to customize loadouts after starting the game.

But I don't agree with spotting. I like how you have to actually see them before spotting. In BF4, it was too much. It's really hard to actually surprise somebody when you can be spotted through a door in a gas filled room.

jinXed by JaNx
They are adding the ability to customize loadouts after starting the game.

But I don't agree with spotting. I like how you have to actually see them before spotting. In BF4, it was too much. It's really hard to actually surprise somebody when you can be spotted through a door in a gas filled room.

Thats good to hear. I still can't believe that Battlefield has never had this option.

Yeah, the spotting in past Battlefields was broken but at least it worked. If i wasn't shooting i was mashing the Spot button. The area and distance required to spot enemies was too broad. This time it rarely works regardless of how close the enemies are. I get killed more times than not when i try to spot enemies

Nemesis X
Do you guys need to sign up with an EA account in order to play the multiplayer or can you play without the EA account? Is that what's required for other shooters like Titanfall 2?

jinXed by JaNx
I didn't have to sign into or register for anything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.