Kilgrave vs. Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
10 random people are selected. Kilgrave gets to infect them with his virus and Loki gets to tap them with his mind-gem staff.

Kilgrave tells them to raise their right hand but keep their left hand completely still, Loki tells them to raise their left hand but keep their right hand completely still.

Who will they follow?

Utrigita
Has the Purple Man been featured in any movies?

Time-Immemorial
Loki

Robtard
I'm going with the power the infinity mind gem > virus-boy. Even though by feats, Kilgrave did more mind-controlly stuff.

Robtard
Originally posted by Utrigita
Has the Purple Man been featured in any movies?

Jessica Jones is part of the MCU, along with all characters attached.

KingD19
Well the mind gem controls the mind. Kilgrave controls the body. I see them trying to follow both orders and just not moving, or flailing around.

Robtard
Pretty sure Kilgrave controls the mind, where people are compelled to obey his commands.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Scoobless
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/Scoobless/Purple1.jpg

Robtard
In the show he was virus-boy and I'm pretty sure he affected the mind.

KingD19
His powers are exactly the same in practice. They just used virus instead of pheromones so they could intro his science parents and give him a boost later on.

Robtard
But again, I'm pretty sure that in the show it was "mind control".

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Robtard
In the show he was virus-boy and I'm pretty sure he affected the mind. Didn't the victims say they couldn't stop themselves despite not wanting to commit the acts he forced them to do? I know that dude he had staring at a wall for twelve hours looked like he didn't want to be there. It always came off as him controlling their bodies more than their minds, though I might be wrong.

Although every time jessica described it, she did refer to it as mind control

Robtard
Again, pretty sure the words "mind control" were stated and remember when blondie tried to kill herself, she said that's all she could think of while under his influence.

People seem to be aware they're being mind controlled by him; but lack the ability to resist.

edit: The Marvel MCU wiki notes "mind control" and in the screenrant article about the character it notes "mind control". Didn't check others, those two popped up first.

Arachnid1
Again, pretty sure the words "mind control" were stated and remember when blondie tried to kill herself, she said that's all she could think of while under his influence.

People seem to be aware they're being mind controlled by him; but lack the ability to resist. Actually, there was also that scene that he forced the entire police station to believe that dudes murder was a big joke. That is definitely mind control

Robtard
He's also able to make people outright forget things. iirc, he told someone to not remember he was there. That can't be body manipulation.

Surtur
Yeah and here is the thing it didn't seem like during what was happening everyone was actively fighting against doing it. It only seems after it wears off or they have completed their task suddenly they realize what they did. This is why it took Hope a few moments before she freaked out over shooting her parents, and why she had the creepy ass smile while doing it.

It's not just body manipulation like the "puppet man" from Heroes.

If you want to compare overall potency of power Kilgrave was able to effect many people at once, while the gem couldn't. At least that we know of. But even before his upgrade he could effect multiple people at once.

Mindset
He's also able to make people outright forget things. iirc, he told someone to not remember he was there. That can't be body manipulation. Nah, he specifically said he couldn't make people forget things.

If you're talking about the family they saved, he told them not to tell anyone they were there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.