Thor vs Thing & Human Torch(05)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Thing is pretty strong and tough and Human Torch is powerful and fast, can they defeat Thor?

FrothByte
Originally posted by golem370
Thing is pretty strong and tough and Human Torch is powerful and fast, can they defeat Thor?

Which version of Thing and Torch?

golem370
05-07

FrothByte
I guess there's a possibility that they can win. Maybe. HT is pretty agile in flight and has his super nova. Thing is pretty durable and is a powerhouse on his own. They can definitely hurt Thor. The only thing is, I don't know how well they'll take a shot from Mjolnir. Thor is a better fighter than either of them so I'm pretty sure they'll get hit. HT probably won't survive a direct hit and I'm unsure how long Thing can last.

Actually I changed my mind. I don't think they have enough fire power to take out Thor. HT has his super nova but that takes time to build. His normal attacks won't do jack to Thor. Thing will hurt Thor more, but if Hulk can't put Thor down I don't see Thing doing it either.

golem370
Hulk hadn't but imo would have. Thing was hit by that massive rock which slammed into a wall even though it hurt didn't stop him, even if it takes time to build to nova he is still getting hotter it might not take full nova to stop Thor.

ShadowFyre
So I guess Thor just stands around throwing his hammer and doesent use any of his other powers? One multi-leviathan busting lightning strike ends this match before it started.

Arachnid1
Hulk hadn't but imo would have. Thing was hit by that massive rock which slammed into a wall even though it hurt didn't stop him, even if it takes time to build to nova he is still getting hotter it might not take full nova to stop Thor. I disagree. Hulk would have eventually been taken down by Thor sooner or later, once Thor stopped holding back.

And Thor took a blast that disintegrated Asgardians in the first movie and showed up the next scene just fine, not to mention a city blowing up in his face. Johnny's super nova isn't controlled by Susan here. That super nova would likely kill Ben before Thor.

At this point, Thor has better durability feats than the Thing. Neither of them will put him down before he puts them down.

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So I guess Thor just stands around throwing his hammer and doesent use any of his other powers? One multi-leviathan busting lightning strike ends this match before it started. And this.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So I guess Thor just stands around throwing his hammer and doesent use any of his other powers? One multi-leviathan busting lightning strike ends this match before it started.

thumb up

FrothByte
Yeah. Even that AOE lightning strike he used on Loki's illusions will probably take out HT and hurt THing.

golem370
Once Thor called for his hammer he stopped holding back and Hulk would have won

FrothByte
Once Thor called for his hammer he stopped holding back and Hulk would have won

Which is why he went for the more difficult chokehold instead of slamming Hulk with Mjolnir (which is a lot easier) again right?

wallman77
Originally posted by FrothByte
Which is why he went for the more difficult chokehold instead of slamming Hulk with Mjolnir (which is a lot easier) again right?

laughing Lol. there are ppl that acutally believe this. As of right now, the only thing that has rendered MCU thor unconscious is Sokvia being blown up in his face (its showed after the explosion thor falling into the ocean). Hulk can't generate that power. If kurse wailing on thor with the intent to kill wasnt enough to K'O thor, hulk aint doing it. Hulk on the other hand has shown that he can be put down.

Either way, Thor wipes with relative ease.

TheVaultDweller
Thor wins. Human Torch would get taken out by a single hard hit from Thor, and I doubt anything short of his nova flame would seriously bother the Asgardian. So it ends up being Thing and Thor and, while Ben is really strong, he is slow as shit and lacks versatility. So Ben loses there too in the end.

Adam Grimes
They get splattered.

golem370
I don't think he is going to hit Human Torch so easy for one Johnny was able to keep up with the SS and two he was able to stay way from a rocket. Thor imo would fall to Hulk, before the jet distracted Hulk he was fighting a defenseless Thor. The shot Hulk used to stop the leviathan would k.o Thor imo

FrothByte
I love how people think Hulk slamming Thor twice made Thor defenseless.

golem370
Thor was down and Hulk was taking the fight to him not only was he down but he was not ready for Hulk snatching him up which means he was defenseless from being attacked again.

FrothByte
And.... he was completely uninjured, despite Hulk giving him his best shots.

golem370
eek! Best shots? Hulk's best shot stopped a moving leviathan the thing that was the size of a cruise ship and probably had considerable amount muscle like a 300 foot shark or whale.

Silent Master
Thor wins.

FrothByte
eek! Best shots? Hulk's best shot stopped a moving leviathan the thing that was the size of a cruise ship and probably had considerable amount muscle like a 300 foot shark or whale.

And you somehow think that a just-turned-calm-Hulk can deliver a more powerful punch than a completely rampaging Hulk?

What proof have you that the leviathan punch is any stronger than the punch Hulk used on Thor?

golem370
He said he was always angry and based on the damage I think a punch like that would do a hell of a lot more damage in the Heli-carrier then he did fighting Thor the creature weight 100s tons and it was moving some where between 50 to 200 mph and he almost stopped it dead. He was also able to turn it from the bit near its mouth. Ask anybody who watched the movie what was his most impressive feat that Hulk did I believe it was stopping the creature. No proof but common sense is all I need.

FrothByte
He said he was always angry and based on the damage I think a punch like that would do a hell of a lot more damage in the Heli-carrier then he did fighting Thor the creature weight 100s tons and it was moving some where between 50 to 200 mph and he almost stopped it dead. He was also able to turn it from the bit near its mouth. Ask anybody who watched the movie what was his most impressive feat that Hulk did I believe it was stopping the creature. No proof but common sense is all I need.

Guess it never occurred to you that a lot of the damage sustained by the Leviathan was due to it's own mass and velocity.

If Hulk hit Thor with that punch all that would happen is it would toss Thor back for a dozen or so meters and *might* give him a bloody nose.

golem370
It would have sent him miles away the sucker punch Hulk gave Thor did that much we are not going to sway each other so I will say this Thor using all his powers can wins the majority but in a fist fight Hulk will wins almost all and I am done.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by FrothByte
Yeah. Even that AOE lightning strike he used on Loki's illusions will probably take out HT and hurt THing.

thumb up

Thor wins.

Pretty one sided fight tbh.

FrothByte
It would have sent him miles away the sucker punch Hulk gave Thor did that much we are not going to sway each other so I will say this Thor using all his powers can wins the majority but in a fist fight Hulk will wins almost all and I am done.

And again you choose to ignore that the leviathan's mass and velocity had a lot to do with the damage it sustained.

golem370
You forget I am talking about stopping that mass almost dead not that the shot really harmed the creature the fact he stopped it moving imo is more impressive then if the shot hurt it.

FrothByte
You forget I am talking about stopping that mass almost dead not that the shot really harmed the creature the fact he stopped it moving imo is more impressive then if the shot hurt it.

In that case you wouldn't be talking about the punch. You'd be mentioning how Hulk dug his heels in and put his entire body into pushing the leviathan. All of which happened after the initial impact of the punch, in which case you still have no proof that that punch would have been stronger than the one Hulk hit Thor with.

ShadowFyre
What is the point of your Hulk argument fellas? It doesent add one single thing to this match as Thing isnt as strong as Hulk and they would both (ben and johny) get oneshotted by Thor.

golem370
I don't think Thing would get one-shotted maybe not Human Torch either it would be a decent fight.

Silent Master
I don't remember any feats from HT that would indicate multiple hits being needed.

Unless of course you're using when he was powered up to fight Doomsurfer.

ShadowFyre
Lol. Yeah, an argument could benput forth for Thing not getting one-shotted. I would then destroy that argument with actual feats from Thor. Johny Storm surviving a single bolt or hammer throw isnt even worth talking about. Not happening.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Silent Master
I don't remember any feats from HT that would indicate multiple hits being needed.

Unless of course you're using when he was powered up to fight Doomsurfer.

Now that Johny using those powers smartly would be a legit teamwrecker.

golem370
Johnny is fast and agile in flight he is not going to be easy to knock out with one blast he set a trash barrage on fire.

carver9
Ironman fought a serious Hulk. Thor didn't fight anything close to a serious Hulk and was still getting worked. Thor wins this fight though.

Silent Master
Originally posted by carver9
Ironman fought a serious Hulk. Thor didn't fight anything close to a serious Hulk and was still getting worked. Thor wins this fight though.

Thor fought an out of control and murderous Hulk.

Silent Master
Johnny is fast and agile in flight he is not going to be easy to knock out with one blast he set a trash barrage on fire.

HT being fast and agile won't stop him from being ko'd from the first attack that hits.

ShadowFyre
Wtf does Hulk have to do with this thread? Both Hulk and Thor would fodderize Ben in seconds? Why do yall keep derailing the thread with Hulk. And thats untrue Carver, he was about to kill Natasha. Calm things dont attack people for no reason. But I agree he was angrier obviously in the HB fight. Regardless, none of Hulks feats reflect to Thing or vice versa.

Anyway...Mjolnir is multiple times faster than Johny and just as agile. Which is pointless because he has something else way faster than Johny and its called lightning. And yes, its a one shot. And that one shot is overkill. Not even remotely debateable, no version of Human Torch showed on screen so far would live through a single hit.

golem370
True no more Hulk an Thor vs talk please. Did you see how long it took the hammer to Thor in the Helicarrier it had to be somewhere on the ship.

ShadowFyre
Thats because Thor was timing it that way. Did you see how fast it went from the ground to the upper stratosphere in a couple seconds. It also made extremely sharp banks and turns as well in that movie ( without Thor) Its way way faster than Johny. The only on screen flight speed I have seen that passes it is Reeves. There was also a part of the Zod/mos fight where they go up to the stratosphere pretty damn fast as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.