Jessica Jones vs. Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Jessica as of Jessica Jones Episode 13 "AKA Smile".
Matt as of Daredevil Episode 3 "Rabbit in a Snowstorm".

Can Jessica's super-strength compensate for her comparative lack of fighting skill, or will Daredevil's martial abilities carry him through to victory? Battle takes place in an alley in Hell's Kitchen.

Mindset: Usual morals, but will kill if necessary.

FrothByte
Ugh. Tough one. DD is skilled but doesn't really hit hard. Jessica is the opposite. Right now I'd say they have an equal chance of beating each other. Depends on who's having a better day.

KingD19
Matt shouldn't have a way to win. Jessica is probably a bit more skilled than the goons he fought early on, and he was taking thumps left and right from them. Her thumps will have more oomph though. And we see how much damage she took from Cage, as well as from Nuke when she was weakened. Matt is out of his element considering even with the suit he had trouble with Fisk is who very much weaker than Jones.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by KingD19
Jessica is probably a bit more skilled than the goons he fought early on Do you think she's more skilled than that red-headed, chimpanzee-looking dude in the third episode?

KingD19
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Do you think she's more skilled than that red-headed, chimpanzee-looking dude in the third episode?

The guy who dropped his head on a spike to keep from seeing Kingpin? Nah, she's not on his level, but she makes up for it by having every hit having the possibility of ending the fight as she did one shot normal people all the time. And even with plot armor, we see how people with slight super strength handled him. Like Kingpin and the guy who made his suit. Jessica is stronger than both of them.

|King Joker|
Good points. I haven't watched all of Daredevil (on ep. 4 right now), but do you think end-of-season Daredevil could beat Jessica?

KingD19
A 100% healthy DD with his suit and special billy clubs from the last episode could probably take a few. But it's still Jessica's fight to lose, since she was tossing guys 10+ feet casually and one handed when she cared to. She's far stronger than anyone Matt ever faced, and can tank his hits better than anyone he ever fought. Especially since in fights with actual threats, or when Kilgrave didn't need to escape for plot purposes, she put on her A game and wrecked shop for the most part.

FrothByte
DD gets hit by random thugs, so we know Jessica can hit him. On the other hand, Jessica got beat up by 4-5 security personnel whom I'm sure DD could have handled. Heck, she got KO'd by that red-headed wench with a 2x4. So yeah, to me it's a toss up.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
DD gets hit by random thugs, so we know Jessica can hit him. On the other hand, Jessica got beat up by 4-5 security personnel whom I'm sure DD could have handled. Heck, she got KO'd by that red-headed wench with a 2x4. So yeah, to me it's a toss up.

She also got hit by a truck and only suffered a bruise and a badly fractured rib while putting a huge dent in the front end. As well as being injured from the truck and fighting off Nuke for a bit(who admitted if she was 100% she would have beat him down). And she fought off Cage for a while, and took down easily that amount of guys in Luke's bar.

Usually whenever normal people got the best of her, it was for Purple Man's benefit to keep the story going. (The ginger knocked her out and helped Kilgrave escape. The security guards were immune to her hits and tasing her so Kilgrave could get away, etc...)So if we ignore all the times she shrugged stuff like that off or beat down a group easily when Kilgrave wasn't directly involved, then yeah it'd be a toss up.

We also know Jessica can kill Matt with a single hit.

FrothByte
She also got hit by a truck and only suffered a bruise and a badly fractured rib while putting a huge dent in the front end. As well as being injured from the truck and fighting off Nuke for a bit(who admitted if she was 100% she would have beat him down). And she fought off Cage for a while, and took down easily that amount of guys in Luke's bar.

Usually whenever normal people got the best of her, it was for Purple Man's benefit to keep the story going. (The ginger knocked her out and helped Kilgrave escape. The security guards were immune to her hits and tasing her so Kilgrave could get away, etc...)So if we ignore all the times she shrugged stuff like that off or beat down a group easily when Kilgrave wasn't directly involved, then yeah it'd be a toss up.

We also know Jessica can kill Matt with a single hit.

I don't recall Jessica killing anyone with a single hit, anyone who was actively fighting her that is. The only person she killed with a single hit was Luke's wife who looked like she just stood there and took the hit square on without trying to defend herself.

Jessica may have some high showings but she has a lot more low showings. Hand getting cut by simply picking up glass for example.

So DD definitely has a chance to KO her. And vice versa.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
I don't recall Jessica killing anyone with a single hit, anyone who was actively fighting her that is. The only person she killed with a single hit was Luke's wife who looked like she just stood there and took the hit square on without trying to defend herself.

Jessica may have some high showings but she has a lot more low showings. Hand getting cut by simply picking up glass for example.

So DD definitely has a chance to KO her. And vice versa.

That's who I was talking about. And she did just stand there because they were both under Kilgrave's control. But Jessica pointed out that she hit her full force and she was dead before the bus even hit her. She also sent her flying a rather impressive distance. You think Matt even blocking could take a hit like that? If it didn't outright kill him, it'd break whatever he tried to block with.

Her durability is suspect in some scenes, but unlike Luke her skin isn't unbreakable, so cutting/piercing damage can clearly hurt her. Like when she got shot iirc. But Matt doesn't hit hard enough to KO her without PIS to help him, and he doesn't have any weapons like that.

As that's the only time she went down. When Kilgrave needed to escape to keep the story going. Except when she was fighting Luke, who honestly did more damage than everybody she fought put together and she wasn't out of that fight until he pinned her under the police cruiser door.

Also DD this early couldn't even KO goons easily. No way he knocks her out.

TheVaultDweller
The times thugs tend to really hassle DD he isn't at 100%. The guy who made his suit also fought Matt not too long after the confrontation with Nobu. At high end DD has taken down multiple armed opponents in very short order. He also has ridiculous damage soak. If armed with his clubs and his suit I could see him taking a couple of wins, but would still probably give a majority to Jessica.

OP match Jessica beats him. He is injured at that point in the show IIRC, and quite badly so. laughing

FrothByte
That's who I was talking about. And she did just stand there because they were both under Kilgrave's control. But Jessica pointed out that she hit her full force and she was dead before the bus even hit her. She also sent her flying a rather impressive distance. You think Matt even blocking could take a hit like that? If it didn't outright kill him, it'd break whatever he tried to block with.

Her durability is suspect in some scenes, but unlike Luke her skin isn't unbreakable, so cutting/piercing damage can clearly hurt her. Like when she got shot iirc. But Matt doesn't hit hard enough to KO her without PIS to help him, and he doesn't have any weapons like that.

As that's the only time she went down. When Kilgrave needed to escape to keep the story going. Except when she was fighting Luke, who honestly did more damage than everybody she fought put together and she wasn't out of that fight until he pinned her under the police cruiser door.

Also DD this early couldn't even KO goons easily. No way he knocks her out.

I used to box, not to brag - I wasn't that good anyway. Just want to say that taking a hit while standing completely still is way way different than taking a hit while you're actively moving. You don't even need to block it, you just need to be in motion and it feels a lot different. Can Jessica kill DD with a single hit? Sure, but it will need to be a perfectly executed hit, and considering the difference in fighting skill I doubt she can pull it off. She was punching those security personnel after all, none of them got broken bones. Heck, she couldn't even KO them with a single hit.

Also, we can't keep focusing on Jessica's high end feats while ignoring low end feats, especially since she has far more low end feats. As far as we can tell, her durability is not really that much above a normal tough human. She gets KO'd with a 2x4 to the head. She cuts herself. She gets hurt by punches from average security personnel, etc. Yes she did survive that truck collision... but that doesn't negate her low end feats which are far more plentiful.

I mean, if we're only going to focus on high end feats then Jessica can kill DD with one punch, DD can't KO Jessica, and Jessica will never land a hit on DD. That's not a fun discussion. So I prefer taking their average performance.

KingD19
My father almost made it to the olympics for boxing, but didn't because his girlfriend at the time convinced him not to. I know the difference rolling with a punch or getting it to glance off you can have. But you seem to be under the impression these are normal hits. Even with gloves on a boxer can deliver 1,000+ psi with a punch. Jessica held up the back end of a car with one hand. If she put her all into a punch, Matt would be dead. If he blocked it, his arm would be shattered and the impact would still send him flying like Luke's wife and people she's casually thrown around.

I'm not ignoring her low feats. I'm pointing out they're clearly PIS so Kilgrave can continue to be the villain. Literally every low feat I can remember from a fight involved Kilgrave in some capacity. Or was just so stupid you can't not realize it's PIS and makes no sense.

Getting hit by the 2x4 ko'd her, and Kilgrave got away from her apartment. Do you honestly think a bunch of normal people should have been able to stand up to her?

Those security guys kept coming, so Kilgrave could get away.

In the bar, when Kilgrave wasn't concerned? She was tossing fully grown men like ragdolls and impressing Luke. As well as taking hits from guys with beer muscles with no problem. She did the same when they went to find the girls brother who was growing pot.

Fighting Nuke? She was injured and still put up a good fight. He straight up said if she wasn't hurt, even with his pill she would have kicked his ass by then. Even when he was under Kilgrave's control, she easily took him down.

She fought Luke for several minutes and was getting sent through walls, tossed around, slammed, hit, etc... Didn't lose consciousness for one second.

With no PIS involved, and we know that's what it was. She has this fight in the bag. Even with PIS involved, she's tougher than the goons Matt fought, hits harder than Kingpin when she's not holding back, and can play keep away by hopping all over the place.

Arachnid1
I don't know, she got handled by normal people waaaay to often to mark it all off to CIS. I see DD with his clubs eventually knocking her out. I don't really see her connecting any hits with Matt. That scene were he flipped between the bullets comes to mind, as does taking out groups of armed guards who, lets be honest, would have all made short work of Jessica.

Then again, like someone pointed out, wasn't DD near dead at that point in the show? She can definitely take him, even though he took a good 18 thugs out in that state (all those people would have handled JJ if they switched places).

End of show DD wins though.

FrothByte
My father almost made it to the olympics for boxing, but didn't because his girlfriend at the time convinced him not to. I know the difference rolling with a punch or getting it to glance off you can have. But you seem to be under the impression these are normal hits. Even with gloves on a boxer can deliver 1,000+ psi with a punch. Jessica held up the back end of a car with one hand. If she put her all into a punch, Matt would be dead. If he blocked it, his arm would be shattered and the impact would still send him flying like Luke's wife and people she's casually thrown around.

I'm not ignoring her low feats. I'm pointing out they're clearly PIS so Kilgrave can continue to be the villain. Literally every low feat I can remember from a fight involved Kilgrave in some capacity. Or was just so stupid you can't not realize it's PIS and makes no sense.

Getting hit by the 2x4 ko'd her, and Kilgrave got away from her apartment. Do you honestly think a bunch of normal people should have been able to stand up to her?

Those security guys kept coming, so Kilgrave could get away.

In the bar, when Kilgrave wasn't concerned? She was tossing fully grown men like ragdolls and impressing Luke. As well as taking hits from guys with beer muscles with no problem. She did the same when they went to find the girls brother who was growing pot.

Fighting Nuke? She was injured and still put up a good fight. He straight up said if she wasn't hurt, even with his pill she would have kicked his ass by then. Even when he was under Kilgrave's control, she easily took him down.

She fought Luke for several minutes and was getting sent through walls, tossed around, slammed, hit, etc... Didn't lose consciousness for one second.

With no PIS involved, and we know that's what it was. She has this fight in the bag. Even with PIS involved, she's tougher than the goons Matt fought, hits harder than Kingpin when she's not holding back, and can play keep away by hopping all over the place.

I don't even recall her knocking out someone with a single hit in a fight. But you'd prefer to think she can kill Matt with a single hit? In that bar fight, none of those people she was hitting ended up with broken bones. You can call PIS all you want, but basically all you have is one scene where she killed a woman who completely didn't put up a fight... vs. the rest of her feats for the entire show where she was strong enough to throw around men but wasn't able to knock them out or break their bones with a single hit.

Like I said, if you really want to take out PIS then she ain't hitting DD either and she'll end up with a broken nose and will eventually get knocked out with a well placed punch to the chin.

Emperordmb
I'd say at this point Jessica beats him. At the end of Daredevil I'm unsure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.