Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
"Obi-Wan should win in a possibly decent fight. To the credit of his unrivaled defensive abilities, he's shown the ability to deflect blaster fire from armies on multiple occasions (Republic, Labyrinth of Evil, Revenge of the Sith). Against other notable duelists, he was able to parry Dooku's Makashi flourishes effortlessly in the RotS novelization, react to all of dark sider-Anakin's powerhouse blows on Mustafar, and withstood Grievous' four-bladed attack. Palpatine has never proven the ability to deflect a flurry of attacks of the magnitude Obi-Wan has handled before, Obi-Wan turned aside Anakin's "meteor strike" force blows which exceeds Palpatine's, and Sidious' Lightning would be caught on his blade, just like Dooku's was.

On the subject of power, Obi-Wan was taken out by Dooku via TK in RotS, but Dooku didn't manage to do this immediately. Obi-Wan flinched as Anakin was knocked away from the exchange, and the unrelenting assault on Dooku paused. Had that not happened, Tyranus wouldn't have been able to defeat Obi-Wan in this manner. On top of that, it's unlikely Sidious is capable of TKing Obi-Wan level Force masters mid-duel anyway, seeing as he failed to against Mace, Kit, Saesee, and Agen. Concerning speed, Maul and Savage were able to keep up with Sidious' pace in a duel before; so it should hardly be impossible for Obi-Wan to replicate that given his wealth of impressive speed feats.

Overall, Kenobi just has the right skills to win this just about every time. Maybe Palpatine can take 1-2/10 if he intimidates and surprises Obi-Wan the way he did against the Council members, but even then, Obi-Wan is more refined master of Soresu than any of them are. Otherwise, both of them fought Maul and Savage simultaneously with Obi-Wan's performance being more impressive. Unlike Palpatine, who had to separate the brothers in order to kill Savage, Obi-Wan succeeded in piercing Savage's guard with Maul still in action, which shows a level of parity in lightsaber skill between Kenobi and Sidious with a possible advantage leaning to Obi-Wan. Savage also managed to ram Sidious; so I think it is very possible for Obi-Wan's defenses to keep him in the fight until he exploits a vulnerable spot in Palpatine's lightsaber technique and drops him. Obi-Wan would win 9-10/10."
--Silver2467

And with that, I accept the concessions from everyone who ever respected Silver.

quanchi112
Who is silver and where does he post ?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
*snip*
vin

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by quanchi112
Who is silver and where does he post ?
Silver's one of the most respected debaters in the SW side of the internet and crafted the Palpatine respect thread. He posts on CV.

quanchi112
Silver's one of the most respected debaters in the SW side of the internet and crafted the Palpatine respect thread. He posts on CV. Well to me it's obvious and even Yoda admits in the film Kenobi isn't powerful enough to take Sidious on yet this respected poster claims Kenobi wins. Delusional beyond belief.

Aurbere
Well that's unfortunate.

NewGuy01
Silver's always had odd ideas, but this seems very unlike him. Are we sure that this isn't an impostor?

quanchi112
Cv seems like a cesspool of mediocrity. He's probably been warped by being surrounded by this for years.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Silver's always had odd ideas, but this seems very unlike him. Are we sure that this isn't an impostor?
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/sw-ep-iii-obi-wan-vs-darth-sidious-dueling-1754198/?page=1#js-message-15955118

It's him.

Nephthys
Looking at the thread I think he's making fun of those youtube morons.

Zenwolf

He's clearly joking and making fun of the arguments.

NewGuy01
Ghehe, that's relieving.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Zenwolf

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Zenwolf

Jensaaurai1 lol There are rumors he plans on doing a Jaina Vs Mace video and that its currently in the works.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
There are rumors he plans on doing a Jaina Vs Mace video and that its currently in the works.
Why's that a big deal? That's a pretty good fight.

TheNuisanceBird
Why's that a big deal? That's a pretty good fight.

Because if he has a bias for one of them its gonna be Zannah Vs Tholme all over again.

Darth Thor

Yeah doesn't sound like him at all. He was of the opinion Kenobi level duelists can't even see Sidious.

So either he's being sarcastic or it's not him.

Sounds more like an argument Jensaari and crew would make tbh.

Edit- So is DarthAnt permanently banned? If so there goes his debate with Quanchi then, which was like the slowest debate ever in the first place.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah doesn't sound like him at all. He was of the opinion Kenobi level duelists can't even see Sidious.

So either he's being sarcastic or it's not him.

Sounds more like an argument Jensaari and crew would make tbh.

Edit- So is DarthAnt permanently banned? If so there goes his debate with Quanchi then, which was like the slowest debate ever in the first place. He isn't permanently banned and unlike you at least he posted. No one else dared to accept my Palpatine challenge.

Ps. Star trey beyond looks to up the ante and bring on the action. Be very afraid as I was right.

NewGuy01
Auto-Note (Today 04:20 PM)
User banned by Ushgarak, for 3 days
Reason: Criticising mods in the threads after a warning

Kurk
Sounds like this Silver guy was delusional when he posted this.

One line:
"To fight this Lord Sidious, strong enough, you are not."
-Yoda

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kurk
Sounds like this Silver guy was delusional when he posted this.

He wasn't serious at all.

But his line of thought would be a serious one for the likes of Jensaarai and Co.

SunRazer
Ant took this seriously? I thought he was going along with the joke on CV. LMFAO.

Agusto Pinochet
lol

Hilarious.@wollfmyth209: Really? Here I am trying to troll a thread by posting a bunch of distorted information and misrepresented showings, only to end up reciting the arguments of other fans who argued the same thing...and were completely serious? Hilarious.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Agusto Pinochet
lol

Hilarious.@wollfmyth209: Really? Here I am trying to troll a thread by posting a bunch of distorted information and misrepresented showings, only to end up reciting the arguments of other fans who argued the same thing...and were completely serious? Hilarious. Are you this silver poster ?

McP
You guys know I was trolling you, right? Don't take the bait. Agreeing with my loltastic arguments for Obi-Wan isn't giving him a win here.
-- Silver

NewGuy01
Are you this silver poster ?

...yes

DarthAnt66
Are you this silver poster ?
...yes

ILS
I love the emotional outbursts Silver brings out of Ant just by passively posting...

Syndicate
*Rubs Ant's shoulder* It's ok you'll get him next time.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ILS
I love the emotional outbursts Silver brings out of Ant just by passively posting...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN6KgrntDIg&t=0m04s

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
> ant

of course there's going to be emotional outbursts, kek. Unimpressive feat ngl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.