8-Gates Gai vs Juubito

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
Straight-up, no outside factors.

Night Moth and Biju Bombs are banned.

BeyonderGod
How do you have 8-Gates Gai without Night Moth?......thats just wrong.

Q99
So, just, 'can Juubito take an Evening Elephant,' in short?

BeyonderGod
No

U need Leonard
I'm siding with Gai.

SSJGGogeta
Why are Night Moth and Biju Bombs banned?

If Gai spams Evening Elephant twice, there isn't really anything Juubito could do, other than sit there and wait for death. Even if he had Biju Bombs.

But it's likely that Evening Elephant wouldn't be able to overcome his regen, and wouldn't finish him off, even if he used it consecutively. A single Night Moth would do the trick though.

Going with Gai here.

AuraAngel
By feats Juubito really shouldn't be in danger from Evening Elephant since his body has taken a hit from Kurama/Susano'o together mostly fine. His TSB are certainly capable of stopping any of Guy's attacks. 8 Gates Guy doesn't seem to have much durability so I don't think hurting him is a problem.

The problem for Juubito is a matter of speed and narrative presentation. Guy is one fast bastard with the 8 Gates to just outright blitz Madara the way he did and while an argument could be made that Juubito could track Guy(Sharingan and the fact that Minato and Lee could sorta see the moves) it is a thin one. The bigger issue is just the story. Juubidara is flat out stated to be stronger than Juubito and his healing factor is definitely better. If Guy can beat Juubidara senseless there is no way he can't do the same to Juubito.

So idk.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by AuraAngel
By feats Juubito really shouldn't be in danger from Evening Elephant since his body has taken a hit from Kurama/Susano'o together mostly fine. His TSB are certainly capable of stopping any of Guy's attacks. 8 Gates Guy doesn't seem to have much durability so I don't think hurting him is a problem.

The problem for Juubito is a matter of speed and narrative presentation. Guy is one fast bastard with the 8 Gates to just outright blitz Madara the way he did and while an argument could be made that Juubito could track Guy(Sharingan and the fact that Minato and Lee could sorta see the moves) it is a thin one. The bigger issue is just the story. Juubidara is flat out stated to be stronger than Juubito and his healing factor is definitely better. If Guy can beat Juubidara senseless there is no way he can't do the same to Juubito.

So idk.

The Kurama/Susano'o thing wasn't that impressive, honestly. It was really just a weakened Naruto and Sasuke teaming up, like they already had to use the blaze rasengan against Jyuubito.

Completely different scale of power than the Asura and Indra Naruto/Sasuke that Jyuubidara fought. And 8th Gate Gai was likely superior to them in terms of strength.

AuraAngel
I'd agree if the later Naruto vs Sasuke fight didn't establish that Kurama Mode can physically go toe to toe with the mountain busting Susano'o.

NewGuy01
That only proves that an equally powerful Kurama mode can take on an equally powerful Susano'o, which is obvious. It doesn't mean Naruro's earlier Kurama mode was on par with Madara's PS.

AuraAngel
The Kurama modes look identical and Naruto had lost the extra Bijuu chakra for combat.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by AuraAngel
The Kurama modes look identical and Naruto had lost the extra Bijuu chakra for combat.

Naruto is still stronger.

AuraAngel
Certainly. The question is how much stronger is the Kurama mode? Especially since we know that Naruto's extra Bijuu chakra has only gone down more as time passed.

Though I just realized none of that matters. Obito can just summon the Shinju, hid in his little barrier, and wait Guy out. He can even trap him inside with his sealing techniques. Even Night Moth wasn't enough to destroy that.

NewGuy01
I considered that when I was making the thread, I figured "outside forces" would cover it. That includes summons, even if Shinju isn't' exactly a summon in principle.

AuraAngel
So when Naruto goes into a fight without outside help we're supposed to just take Kurama out of the picture?

I mean Night Moth and the Bijuudama fill more or less the same function. Equating the Shinju to a summoned turtle is less fair lol.

Be that as it may Obito should still be okay if he plays defensively. He's not as gung ho for a great fight like Madara and would likely stay tucked inside his little TSB Barrier until Guy's body eventually buckles under the strain of the 8 Gates. I assume that we're working under the assumption that Guy won't die but his body should still be in agony while using the move.

NewGuy01
I don't disagree; I think Obito can probably win without it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.