Important TFA Sidious revelation(Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
It is stated not only by the old dude in the tent with Poe but also by the opening crawl that the Force is still out of balance. Meaning Darth Sidious was not the only thing unbalancing the Force as it was still that way by the point of the movie.

Just food for thought.

ares834
Interesting. You must have had the special AncientPower version of the crawl.

AncientPower
No, it is said:

That Luke Skywalker had disappeared and in his absence the 'sinister' First Order arose causing chaos, that the Force was out of balance because of that.

The old guy that Kylo Ren kills reinforces this when he says to Poe that only Luke can bring the Force back into balance.

I am not making anything up and your condescension is unwarranted.

ares834
You're wrong.

Here is the crawl: http://imgur.com/a/B3cBF

AncientPower
I stand corrected then, though what the old man says in the tent still holds weight.

Beniboybling
Not really it's been 30 years since ROTJ, its not as if the force could have become imbalanced again.

The_Tempest
lol

carthage
I'm more curious as to what role if any he played or if Sidious had any involvement/knew of his existence in prior the prior era.

FreshestSlice
Isn't that "old dude" a muggle? Who cares about what he says? Also you think it might have something to do with the massive amount of death caused by Starkiller? Just a thought.

NewGuy01
Who knows what he is? He's a guy who knows where Luke Skywalker is apparently. He may very well be one of Luke's surviving students.

FreshestSlice
Pretty sure the leaks, that are now nuked, from the visual dictionary said he wasn't. Either way, like I said, there's a weapon that kills billions at a time out there. If the Clone Wars can cause imbalance, so could that.

Beniboybling
I was given the impression from the opening crawl that it was the general rise of the First Order and disappearance of Luke Skywalker that caused the imbalance.

DarthAnt66
The novel reveals Snoke saw the Empire rise and fall and that he's had other apprentices besides Kylo, but believes Kylo is his greatest.

ILS
ayy.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The novel reveals Snoke saw the Empire rise and fall and that he's had other apprentices besides Kylo, but believes Kylo is his greatest.

That was obvious. The Knights of Ren are his organization. What are you plugging your eyes with?

DarthAnt66
The denial Snoke is a Palpatine-level Force user.

ILS
Snoke > Valkoriate incoming

DarthAnt66
I repeat that Snoke being Palpatine level discredits the Chosen One prophecy which was one of the major plot lines of the first and third film.

DarthAnt66
I hope he's weaker than Kylo too, tbh.

NewGuy01
...fat chance of that. He's probably on the same level as Luke, whatever that level is.

If Luke is Yoda level, he's bound to be Sidious level. But I don't get the impression that either of them are that strong.

Aurbere
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I hope he's weaker than Kylo too, tbh.

That doesn't seem to be the direction that they'll go with Snoke. It would be surprising to me if they made Kylo stronger than Snoke.

ares834
I wouldn't be surprised if Kylo ends up surpassing him.

Beniboybling
I don't think he'd be weaker than Kylo (didn't J.J. say he was very powerful in the Force?) but I get the feeling with that massive hologram that he is overcompensating for something...

NewGuy01
Lel, my mother said he's probably smaller than BB8 in reality.

But nah, Serkis said Snoke was huge.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Lel, my mother said he's probably smaller than BB8 in reality.I would love that. stick out tongueWas it clear he was referring to Snoke irl? The hologram was huge.

Nephthys
Snoke had a ton of presence when I thought he was actually that big. That first scene blew my mind trying to think of how they'd fight him. If he really is that big then he's probably pretty legit.

Aurbere
Honestly, I felt that hologram was done to be similar to this scene from ESB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKtciRCVpFE

Beniboybling
Mmm, I agree with Aurbere. The whole photorealistic hologram felt like a bait and switch tbh, but I'm unsure.

I'd prefer him to be normal size, him being a giant would be a bit weird.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Aurbere
Honestly, I felt that hologram was done to be similar to this scene from ESB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKtciRCVpFE

Oh definitely. I keep rolling my eyes cuz pretty much every review I've watched has people shit on Snoke as a nothing villain. If you judged Sidious from that 1 minute scene he'd be lame as hell. Snoke will get fleshed out in the next two movies just like Sheev did in RotJ. Force Awakens merely introduced him.

Aurbere
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Mmm, I agree with Aurbere. The whole photorealistic hologram felt like a bait and switch tbh, but I'm unsure.

I'd prefer him to be normal size, him being a giant would be a bit weird.

Yeah, I think he'll be normal sized or slightly larger than normal. He seems to be the tall and gaunt fellow. I certainly don't think he'll be huge. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Nephthys
Oh definitely. I keep rolling my eyes cuz pretty much every review I've watched has people shit on Snoke as a nothing villain. If you judged Sidious from that 1 minute scene he'd be lame as hell. Snoke will get fleshed out in the next two movies just like Sheev did in RotJ. Force Awakens merely introduced him.

Definitely agreed. I for one am looking forward to his development as a character. He has a lot of potential outside of what's currently presented.

Beniboybling
I'm just concerned he'll end up a blander version of Palpatine, but we'll see.

Rebel95
According to wookiepedia, Snoke is about 7 feet tall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.