School Closes because teacher assigned Islamic coarsework

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
How long is this going to go on with these stupid teachers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2015/12/17/furor-over-arabic-assignment-leads-virginia-school-district-to-close-friday/

Robtard

Esau Cairn
Stupid teachers or ignorant parents?

Time-Immemorial
So glad to see the beginnings of forced Islamic indoctrination are failing, Obama and the Muslim brotherhood thought America would just allow it.

It's all falling apart now.

Robtard
And China, don't forget those kids are going to be forced to turn Chinese.

Adam Grimes
I'd say both, as He, being a teacher, should know how stupid some parents can be.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I'd say both, as He, being a teacher, should know how stupid some parents can be.

laughing out loud

Esau Cairn
For f-sake, it was a GENERIC assignment on CALLIGRAPHY. Most likely the same excercise given to the same class the previous year & the year before that.

Are history classes going to be targeted next the moment another culture is mentioned in topic?

snowdragon
That teacher made a terrible judgement call.

Esau Cairn
SMH there was no judgement call to be made.

It's a generic work sheet.
I remember my younger brothers doing the same type of work sheets I did in class.

Mindset
It's pretty obvious he's an ISIS recruiter.

Probably one of Obama's cousins too.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

I remember my younger brothers doing the same type of work sheets I did in class.

Bullshit

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Bullshit

Which bit about "generic" & "same type" don't you understand?

What's the point...every thread, every post you make has an underlying, if not ignorant hatred for Obama & "Gosh darn the Muslim's are taking over my country." mentality.

Dude your racist, fear mongering attitude is just sad.

KingD19
I guess there should be no Japanese calligraphy considering they were part of the AXIS.

Time-Immemorial
Which bit about "generic" & "same type" don't you understand?

What's the point...every thread, every post you make has an underlying, if not ignorant hatred for Obama & "Gosh darn the Muslim's are taking over my country." mentality.

Dude your racist, fear mongering attitude is just sad.

I know things are perfect down under. Where you don't allow anyone in, so you are one to talk.

Esau Cairn
Never claimed Australia was perfect.
Never blamed my government for my inadequacies either.

But once again, which bit about a generic work sheet at school don't you understand?

snowdragon
SMH there was no judgement call to be made.

It's a generic work sheet.

Lulz, the teacher could have picked anything to write in caligraphy to practice since its all generic..........and still CHOSE that particular worksheet. This event was totally avoidable.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by snowdragon
Lulz, the teacher could have picked anything to write in caligraphy to practice since its all generic..........and still CHOSE that particular worksheet. This event was totally avoidable.

Ok. Here's the point. If schools & teachers had to proofread every single work sheet they handed out & then edited or censored or disregarded every topic that might offend someone...don't you think there would be very little left to teach or learn from?

Oh it's not about America...let's scrap the topic.

Oh it's not even about Western society...it must be controversial & therefore an ulterior motive....let's behead the teacher!

All this started because one kid (ONE) decided to post part of his assignment onto his mother's FB page.
Why?
Let me speculate here...maybe the dinner talk around the table is narrow minded & bigoted & the kid knew his mom would get a "righteous thrill" about her freedom being threatened?

But yeah...I can only speculate but the fact is one kid posted his assignment to his mother & she & all her Social Justice Warrior friends started the abuse & threats to kill the teacher.
Wow!

Now I have a 9 yr old son in 4th class.
In 2nd class he chose to study Chinese simply because he liked & was intrigued
by Kanji, the art of picture writing. And because he's been doing it for the past 2 years, the lessons also involves Chinese history & culture.

His last lesson for the year included an assignment to illustrate his favourite Chinese fable.

He chose to illustrate a story about a Chinese princess who fell in love with a "white man from across the sea." It was a doomed love story because once the Chinese king found out he ordered the white man to be killed.
And yes, my son drew the execution of Chinese soldiers (they had slanty eyes in his drawing) chopping the head off a guy with "round" eyes so it's pretty obvious the Chinese are killing a Westerner.

Did I scream moral outrage?
Did any of the other parents who saw the drawing in Open Class Day demand the same be-heading of the teacher who taught Chinese & obviously told the entire class the story as part of her teachings?

No.
Nope.
Nada.
No butthurt was to be found.

Bardock42
How long is this going to go on with these stupid teachers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2015/12/17/furor-over-arabic-assignment-leads-virginia-school-district-to-close-friday/

Buried the lede

This just shows how messed up people are, they can't even take children knowing that the Arabic language exists...

Perhaps they should start using roman numbers if they are so worried of the undue influence of Arabic lettering.

Star428
Finally, some news that puts a big fat smile on my face. Thanks, TI. Seeing this really brightens up my morning. smile

Star428
So glad to see the beginnings of forced Islamic indoctrination are failing, Obama and the Muslim brotherhood thought America would just allow it.

It's all falling apart now.

thumb up

Let's hope so. This is a very nice start for sure. Glad the parents finally woke up and voiced their concern and outrage over this. It gives me a newfound sense of hope for our nation. thumb up

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Star428
thumb up

Let's hope so. This is a very nice start for sure. Glad the parents finally woke up and voiced their concern and outrage over this. It gives me a newfound sense of hope for our nation. thumb up

Rational thought just isn't one of your redeeming features, is it?

You understand the outraged parents sent death threats to the teacher, but I guess your valid argument is:
"If they (Muslims) can behead our Americans, then why can't we?"

-Pr-
Wow, talk about some stupid parenting...

So is Islam the new black/gay?

Bardock42
Originally posted by -Pr-

Well, it's not like the struggles that homosexual or black people face have disappeared, but being Muslim is definitely another group that's faces bigotry (in fact some people do link Islamophobia to Racism, and I am inclined to agree, it's definitely a very similar form of hatred).

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, it's not like the struggles that homosexual or black people face have disappeared, but being Muslim is definitely another group that's faces bigotry (in fact some people do link Islamophobia to Racism, and I am inclined to agree, it's definitely a very similar form of hatred).

Are you sure? I mean, we have gay marriage now, and racism has all but disappeared, hasn't it?

Bardock42
Are you sure? I mean, we have gay marriage now, and racism has all but disappeared, hasn't it?

Obviously things have gotten better from the 50s onwards, but I do think with both homophobia and racism, if not as overt anymore as it used to be, the people within these minority groups do, by default face more opposition than those that fit within the majority groups. Obviously it is often even subconscious on the part of people, but studies about hiring decisions for example show that those with "black sounding" names get charged more harshly. Racism within the justice system and police forces also still exists. I also think parents who disapprove or disown their children for their sexuality still exist.

I mean it's not as obvious and easy to discern as when the laws actually discriminated, but these kinds of things are relatively slow to change and people's attitudes are still negative for many minority groups which makes it harder for them to succeed.

Star428
It always pisses me off when high and mighty "know-it-alls" from other countries try to tell us Americans how to live our lives or criticize us because we don't want our children being forced to recite trash like "There is no god but Allah" or being forced to learn the 5 pillars of Islam as if that is something that should be taught in public schools anyway to children. Of course, if parents were upset that their kids were being forced to recite that "Jesus is the only way to salvation" you all wouldn't have a problem with that, would you? No, of course you wouldn't. You'd be bringing up the "separation of church and state" argument. You're all hypocrites and your bias towards Islam is clear as day. Just because all of you fools are in love with Islam doesn't mean the rest of us have to be. Got it?

FinalAnswer
^this being the man who shit his pants about Syrian refugees fleeing into Europe

Bardock42
Well, Islam is a world religion and rudimentarily teaching the things Islam teaches is a pretty important part of becoming a well informed member of society.

I do think there's a difference between teaching culture and indoctrinating children, and a lot of the people outraged seem to think that even mentioning what Islam believes is indoctrination.

-Pr-
Obviously things have gotten better from the 50s onwards, but I do think with both homophobia and racism, if not as overt anymore as it used to be, the people within these minority groups do, by default face more opposition than those that fit within the majority groups. Obviously it is often even subconscious on the part of people, but studies about hiring decisions for example show that those with "black sounding" names get charged more harshly. Racism within the justice system and police forces also still exists. I also think parents who disapprove or disown their children for their sexuality still exist.

I mean it's not as obvious and easy to discern as when the laws actually discriminated, but these kinds of things are relatively slow to change and people's attitudes are still negative for many minority groups which makes it harder for them to succeed.

...I was being sarcastic.

It always pisses me off when high and mighty "know-it-alls" from other countries try to tell us Americans how to live our lives or criticize us because we don't want our children being forced to recite trash like "There is no god but Allah" or being forced to learn the 5 pillars of Islam as if that is something that should be taught in public schools anyway to children. Of course, if parents were upset that their kids were being forced to recite that "Jesus is the only way to salvation" you all wouldn't have a problem with that, would you? No, of course you wouldn't. You'd be bringing up the "separation of church and state" argument. You're all hypocrites and your bias towards Islam is clear as day. Just because all of you fools are in love with Islam doesn't mean the rest of us have to be. Got it?

In irish schools, we actually have religion classes, where children learn all about world religions (including islam). it's education, not conversion, which you seem to be so scared of.

yeah, shame on other people for telling some crazy americans to chill the **** out.

Adam Grimes
I don't know how you guys keep quoting Star's posts.

Bardock42
...I was being sarcastic.

Oh lol, my bad, I guess particularly here you become used to that kind of view, Poe's Law I suppose.

Surtur
Instead of closing school why didn't they just not do the assignment and then school can remain open and the school board can look over the assignment and decide if it's appropriate?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Surtur
Instead of closing school why didn't they just not do the assignment and then school can remain open and the school board can look over the assignment and decide if it's appropriate?

They closed the school because of death threats sent to the teacher.

FinalAnswer
Star probably thinks Islam is the Devil's work and if you start learning about it, it will corrupt your mind and turn you against the teachings of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ.

Esau Cairn
Well, Islam is a world religion and rudimentarily teaching the things Islam teaches is a pretty important part of becoming a well informed member of society.

I do think there's a difference between teaching culture and indoctrinating children, and a lot of the people outraged seem to think that even mentioning what Islam believes is indoctrination.

Well put.
It's beyond belief the knee jerk reaction this incident has caused.
The topic wasn't even about Islam but the art of calligraphy & even mentioned studying the Chinese style afterwards.
Western calligraphy has its influence from both Asia & Arabia but I guess that point is totally lost in this issue.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Star probably thinks Islam is the Devil's work and if you start learning about it, it will corrupt your mind and turn you against the teachings of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ.

He keeps going on about "for the sake of our children."
I just truly hope he isn't a parent himself. Those kids of his would just grow up being narrow minded & hateful as he is.

Surtur
They closed the school because of death threats sent to the teacher.

Yeah but I thought it said they closed all schools in the county.

Esau Cairn

In irish schools, we actually have religion classes, where children learn all about world religions (including islam). it's education, not conversion, which you seem to be so scared of.

yeah, shame on other people for telling some crazy americans to chill the **** out.

Our schools here also teach various religions. These classes are not compulsory & it's up to the parents & kids to choose to enrol in them.

Even though my son was 5 yrs old at the time of enrolling into religious classes, I gave him a simple, non-bias explanation of each religion offered & gave him the sole choice to choose one or none at all. He chose not to enrol in any & that's fair enough to me. When he gets older & if he becomes curious then it's up to him to decide what faith he wants to believe in.

Nephthys
This level of xenophobia is shocking and seriously disturbing.

Esau Cairn

I think you're ranting in the wrong thread because there's no mention at all in this topic about American kids being forced to recite or learn Islamic faith.

It was an assignment on calligraphy.
Nothing more sinister than that.

Honestly you should stop hiding behind God to spread your racism & narrow mindedness.

Omega Vision
racism has all but disappeared, hasn't it?
No. Not at all.

Edit: Good sarcasm. uhuh

-Pr-
Oh lol, my bad, I guess particularly here you become used to that kind of view, Poe's Law I suppose.

lol no worries.

Our schools here also teach various religions. These classes are not compulsory & it's up to the parents & kids to choose to enrol in them.

Even though my son was 5 yrs old at the time of enrolling into religious classes, I gave him a simple, non-bias explanation of each religion offered & gave him the sole choice to choose one or none at all. He chose not to enrol in any & that's fair enough to me. When he gets older & if he becomes curious then it's up to him to decide what faith he wants to believe in.

over here it's compulsory, but the only religion that's ever been pushed was Catholicism, and when I say pushed, I don't mean shoved down your throat. I mean shown more than others. There's no danger of anyone being forced to believe anything.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
No. Not at all.

Edit: Good sarcasm. uhuh

ha.

Esau Cairn
When I was 12-14 yrs old, I went to a Christian Brothers private school. Not by choice but the sole belief at the time that they had a better educational system compared to public schools. Religion was shoved down our throats & it was an angry, fearful God they believed in.
Ironically a good majority of the Christian Brothers who taught the classes would be exposed as child molesters or drunks in the later years.

-Pr-
When I was 12-14 yrs old, I went to a Christian Brothers private school. Not by choice but the sole belief at the time that they had a better educational system compared to public schools. Religion was shoved down our throats & it was an angry, fearful God they believed in.
Ironically a good majority of the Christian Brothers who taught the classes would be exposed as child molesters or drunks in the later years.

They had those here too. They used to have a good reputation, but now... Sheesh.

Nibedicus
I think you're ranting in the wrong thread because there's no mention at all in this topic about American kids being forced to recite or learn Islamic faith.

It was an assignment on calligraphy.

Honestly you should stop hiding behind God to spread your racism & narrow mindedness.

So if a teacher gives "Jesus is God and Evolution is fake" as a writing assignment to teach kids how to write cursive, you'd be ok with that right?

I'm not agreeing with Star here, just wondering what you think.

Time-Immemorial
Never claimed Australia was perfect.
Never blamed my government for my inadequacies either.

But once again, which bit about a generic work sheet at school don't you understand?

Your country lets no one in, so its really odd for you to be criticizing me for having a problem with this. Islam is trying to take over America and we have a muslim president who is trying to allow it.

Mindship
EAST = Emotional And Short-Term = default human thinking.

'Splains much.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Mindship
EAST = Emotional And Short-Term = default human thinking.

'Splains much.

I get that Emotional and short term thinking is bad.

But what relevance does the EAST acronym have?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Nibedicus
So if a teacher gives "Jesus is God and Evolution is fake" as a writing assignment to teach kids how to write cursive, you'd be ok with that right?

No, I would not be ok with that because there would obviously be a hidden agenda behind that excercise.

This was simply an excercise in the art of calligraphy.
As its origins go back to Arabia & China, an example of Islamic text was used.
The worksheet stated it was a statement of faith & where it could be found on certain architecture. The principal even stated that there was a Chinese example to study afterwards.

Nibedicus
No, I would not be ok with that because there would obviously be a hidden agenda behind that excercise.

This was simply an excercise in the art of calligraphy.
As its origins go back to Arabia & China, an example of Islamic text was used.
The worksheet stated it was a statement of faith & where it could be found on certain architecture. The principal even stated that there was a Chinese example to study afterwards.

So an exercise is ok for as long as it contains nothing you disagree with?

Bardock42

Ultimately, assuming the teacher doesn't speak Arabic, which I guess is a likely guess, she probably has an issue in getting real Arabic writing. The Shahada is really relatively inoffensive and additionally may teach the kids a lesson about Islam at the same time.

Time-Immemorial

The fight against Islam will unite blacks/whites.

Nibedicus

Time-Immemorial
Stupid teachers or ignorant parents?

So according to you, "all the parents of the whole district are stupid and the teacher is smart." Try making that case, cause you failed here.

How easy is it for you to have this opinion when you don't deal with this bullshit where you from a daily basis here.

This is not a Islamic Country, WE DONT TEACH ISLAM or WRITE IT, I don't care if its writing, or whatever other excuse you want to come up with.

We write in cursive, not calligraphy. End of story.

Adam Grimes
Ironically a good majority of the Christian Brothers who taught the classes would be exposed as child molesters or drunks in the later years. thumb up

I went to a catholic school for nearly 14 years, still no religion forced down my throat. Not even in kindergarten.

Bardock42

Time-Immemorial

Not at all, this is America. Not the rest of the world, and no matter how much you and BO want us to become like Europe, we never will and we will fight it to our last breath, we left Europe, and we never going back to that.

Bardock42
Not at all, this is America. Not the rest of the world, and no matter how much you and BO want us to become like Europe, we never will and we will fight it to our last breath, we left Europe, and we never going back to that.

You'll fight to you last breath for your god given right to be ignorant?

Time-Immemorial
Nice with the capitalization. Why don't you go learn Islam and tell us all about it. Quit trying to project your backwards values on America. No one wants it here. Polls shows it. You could care less about the will of the people in our country.

Adam Grimes
We write in cursive, not calligraphy. End of story. Umm, calligraphy is not a type of writing in the same vein cursive is, bro.

Time-Immemorial
It is a type of writing though, which can be written in English.

Bardock42
Nice with the capitalization. Why don't you go learn Islam and tell us all about it. Quit trying to project your backwards values on America. No one wants it here. Polls shows it. You could care less about the will of the people in our country.

I did learn about Islam in school. Like I did about all the major world religions.

Time-Immemorial
Ah then you know about Jihad.

Not all Muslims are Jihadis, but all Jihadis are Muslim.

Star428
So according to you, "all the parents of the whole district are stupid and the teacher is smart." Try making that case, cause you failed here.

How easy is it for you to have this opinion when you don't deal with this bullshit where you from a daily basis here.

This is not a Islamic Country, WE DONT TEACH ISLAM or WRITE IT, I don't care if its writing, or whatever other excuse you want to come up with.

Don't bother trying to reason with them, TI. Waste of time. Anything that is opposed to Christianity they will make all kinds of excuses for it being taught to our children. Doesn't matter if it violates the "separation of church and state" doctrine that they're always more than happy to bring up when it suits their argument against anything Christian-related yet, quite conveniently, ignore it in this case because they don't hate Islam, only Christianity. Their double standards are as bad or worse than the liberal progressives who live in the country.

Bardock42
Ah then you know about Jihad.

Not all Muslims are Jihadis, but all Jihadis are Muslim.

Well, that is true, but it is also not a statement that helps us understand anything or make decisions.

Star428

thumb up

Just as we will against the Islamic religion being forced on us.

Star428
You'll fight to you last breath for your god given right to be ignorant?

The only ones "ignorant" are your kind thinking you can force Islam on us or our children so easily. Not gonna happen.

Bardock42
I don't want to force Islam to you or your children. If anything I would like you to consider atheism, which I consider myself a part of, but I don't actually have a problem with Christians in any way. I'd rather have a Christian who shares my political views as political leader, than an atheist who does not.

Esau Cairn
Your country lets no one in, so its really odd for you to be criticizing me for having a problem with this. Islam is trying to take over America and we have a muslim president who is trying to allow it.

"My country lets no one in."
That's a pretty broad generalisation to make.
But I'm assuming you're referring to a worldwide problem of illegal immigrants coming to our shores...

One of the main issues is the fact that we're a continent & not land-locked to another country. The main issue is people smugglers piling 200 illegal immigrants into a boat with a capacity to only hold 80 people...then that boat either sinking & killing all those people in transit or being deliberately sabotaged within our shoreline, once again risking those people on broad...men, women & children.
Suffice to say, our navy does their best to rescue every single life rescued & their taken to various detention centres for care & due processing.
If the boats are intercepted & proven sea worthy then yes, their turned around & escorted back to where they came from.

So what exactly is the point you're trying to make?
Especially when the topic quite clearly isn't about illegal immigrants.

The only notion that bears resemblance to Muslims taking over America is
a) Your biased & Ignorance in the way you titled this thread & b) Your feeble excuse to broadcast your hatred against Obama.

-Pr-
The fight against Islam will unite blacks/whites.

theyre already pretty united in a lot of places.

fear-mongering doesn't help anyone.

The only ones "ignorant" are your kind thinking you can force Islam on us or our children so easily. Not gonna happen.

yes, because people are seriously trying to do that. totally.

Esau Cairn

Did you even read the entire article or just focus on the word, "Islam" & go into Bigot/Hate mode?

One student posted the assignment to his mother's FB & she incited the hatred & accusations via her FB circle of associates.
Just like you're doing here.

And you're really showing how naive you are if you don't think we have the same issues with Islam here.

So basically you want a narrow minded educational system for the generations of kids growing up to not know or learn from the world around them?

Time-Immemorial
I'll respond later, I'm in too good of a mood atm.

Cheers

KingD19
I'd like to point out like Adam said at the top of the page, calligraphy is not comparable to cursive. Cursive is just making standard print look pretty. Calligraphy is an art form that uses letters and words as the art. You don't just write in calligraphy, like you wouldn't turn in a homework assignment written in calligraphy, unless it's specifically for calligraphy class.

Also, this is f*cking stupid, and the people upset about this are f*cking stupid.

Maybe we should take a page from the book all these bigots subscribe to. Isolate them all on an island somewhere and let them live in a safe space where there's no one but good, god fearing republican white Christians.

Time-Immemorial
theyre already pretty united in a lot of places.

fear-mongering doesn't help anyone.

yes, because people are seriously trying to do that. totally.

Oh really? Fear mongering? Tell that to the people that died in SB. Or about the polls saying 75% of America is afraid of another attack, or the fact gun sales are through the roof because we know Obama won't do shit to protect us.

There is already a Muslim gaining national attention admitting that Jihad and Terorism against America is a calling all Muslims share and it's imbedded in the culture.

Esau Cairn
So an exercise is ok for as long as it contains nothing you disagree with?

Oh come on...you honestly want to play that argument?

I've already stated I gave my son the choice to decide on religious studies, REGARDLESS of the religions available to choose from, REGARDLESS of my personal opinion.

Doesn't that prove I'm not biased?

But your "Jesus is God, Evolution is Fake." would be considered a biased opinion & teachers know they are not morally allowed to let their personal beliefs interfere with their teachings.

-Pr-
Oh really? Fear mongering? Tell that to the people that died in SB. Or about the polls saying 75% of America is afraid of another attack, or the fact gun sales are through the roof because we know Obama won't do shit to protect us.

There is already a Muslim gaining national attention admitting that Jihad and Terorism against America is a calling all Muslims share and it's imbedded in the culture.

Do you actually believe the stuff you write down?

Nobody is denying that there are fundamentalists hurting people. That is a far cry from the belief that schools are trying to brainwash children.

Star428

It's also suspicious how the statement they had to write in calligraphy was "There is no god but Allah". Why didn't the stupid teacher choose something else for them to write? She should've known the shitstorm that would've caused if it got out to the American public. I could understand if it had happened in some Middle Eastern country but doing that in a country that was founded on Christianity just seems like she was asking for it. Either that or she's extremely dumb. I'm guessing it's the latter. Which means I also bet this teacher votes democrat. LOL. That would explain her stupidity. Those parents should be commended for not staying silent and letting her get away with it. Hopefully, she'll be barred from teaching anywhere in America ever again.

Star428
Do you actually believe the stuff you write down?

Nobody is denying that there are fundamentalists hurting people. That is a far cry from the belief that schools are trying to brainwash children.

I could ask u the same question about what people like u who support this teacher type.

It's quite obvious that's what their doing.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by KingD19
I'd like to point out like Adam said at the top of the page, calligraphy is not comparable to cursive. Cursive is just making standard print look pretty. Calligraphy is an art form that uses letters and words as the art. You don't just write in calligraphy, like you wouldn't turn in a homework assignment written in calligraphy, unless it's specifically for calligraphy class.

Yes, this was always & only ever about a lesson in calligraphy.

The whole back lash & death threats is only going to scare away people wanting to become teachers & the education of your children will suffer.

-Pr-
I could ask u the same question about what people like u who support this teacher type.

It's quite obvious that's what their doing.

Who? Teachers? You really think they're trying to indoctrinate children? Why? What possible reason could they have?

My sister hasn't tried to blow anyone up yet, and she's learning about Islam in school. Are American children more susceptible?

Time-Immemorial

Also, this is f*cking stupid, and the people upset about this are f*cking stupid.

Maybe we should take a page from the book all these bigots subscribe to. Isolate them all on an island somewhere and let them live in a safe space where there's no one but good, god fearing republican white Christians.

Reported for flaming

Star428

LMAO. This country was founded on Christianity. If u don't like it then you and your liberal kind are the ones that needs to move to some no-name island where you can praise the fake god "Allah" to your hearts content. White Christians are the ones who founded this country and won it's independence. If this country belongs to anyone it belongs to us. Trust me, if anyone's gonna be forced to leave it sure as Hell won't be "Republican White Christians" but instead your dumbasscratic kind. If you libs think you can force us to leave then, by all means, bring it, badass. *shows middle finger*

Nibedicus
Oh come on...you honestly want to play that argument?

I've already stated I gave my son the choice to decide on religious studies, REGARDLESS of the religions available to choose from, REGARDLESS of my personal opinion.

Doesn't that prove I'm not biased?

This isn't about you being biased. It's about how you apply your logic about specific issues.

Indirect content of an assignment is either relevant or it is not. You claimed that the content of a certain assignment

Essentially:

Content X is not the direct reasoning for assignment Y thus reaction Z is wrong.

But your "Jesus is God, Evolution is Fake." would be considered a biased opinion & teachers know they are not morally allowed to let their personal beliefs interfere with their teachings.

But it was an assignment on cursive.

They were not being forced to recite or learn the Catholic faith in the assignment.

You simply assumed that an agenda existed because you disagreed with the content.

Esau Cairn

But it was an assignment on cursive.

They were not being forced to recite or learn the Catholic faith in the assignment.

You simply assumed that an agenda existed because you disagreed with the content.

Dude, you're not making sense at all.

The assignment was in the art of calligraphy NOT learning how to write cursively.

Yes, there is nothing sinister about that.
That's been my basis of thought throughout this thread.

Yes, NO ONE was being forced to recite or learn ANY FAITH whatsoever.

No, I NEVER ONCE ASSUMED ANY AGENDA EXISTED...other than to teach calligraphy. I NEVER DISAGREED with the topic of teaching said-calligraphy.

Nibedicus
Lost some content on my cut/paste.

Indirect content of an assignment is either relevant or it is not. You claimed that the content of a certain assignment (this got cut somehow) has no impact on the belief systems of students as the assignment itself was not the incorporation of the texts into their personal beliefs.

Nibedicus
Dude, you're not making sense at all.

The assignment was in the art of calligraphy NOT learning how to write cursively.

Yes, there is nothing sinister about that.
That's been my basis of thought throughout this thread.

Yes, NO ONE was being forced to recite or learn ANY FAITH whatsoever.

Yes, I was simply drawing parallels between your example and mine....

No, I NEVER ONCE ASSUMED ANY AGENDA EXISTED...other than to teach calligraphy. I NEVER DISAGREED with the topic of teaching said-calligraphy.

You assumed a motive exists on MY example (Jesus is God, Evolution is fake and substituting calligraphy with cursive) that is why I quoted what you said directly above it. Sadly, you didn't notice that I simply copied what you argued practically verbatim with a few substitutions.

Mindship
I get that Emotional and short term thinking is bad.

But what relevance does the EAST acronym have? Imo, the parents overreacted. Fears were projected ("Indoctrination!"wink, and parents couldn't see past them to the larger educational objective.

Time-Immemorial
So all the parents were wrong and all of them over reacted. How can this be proven? Parents when grouped together generally are right when comes to a single teachers screwup.

Nibedicus
Imo, the parents overreacted. Fears were projected ("Indoctrination!"wink, and parents couldn't see past them to the larger educational objective.

Well, I get that. But what does EAST have to do with it?

Esau Cairn
Lost some content on my cut/paste.

Indirect content of an assignment is either relevant or it is not. You claimed that the content of a certain assignment (this got cut somehow) has no impact on the belief systems of students as the assignment itself was not the incorporation of the texts into their personal beliefs.

You've seriously lost me here.

The text in the assignment stated what the translation of the calligraphy meant & where it could be found.

How would this description affect the beliefs of the students?
It's a study on multiculturalism & nothing more.

Bardock42
@Nibedicus

I think your point only works if the argument is "The meaning of text that's secondary to the teaching objective does not matter". I don't think that absolute would be what anyone is arguing for. Rather people see shades of grey, and a combination of the factors of what the primary teaching objective is, whether the secondary content is questionable, whether the secondary content is put into perspective by the teacher, how hard it is to obtain non-questionable content, etc. are all taken into consideration.

Esau Cairn
Yes, I was simply drawing parallels between your example and mine....

You assumed a motive exists on MY example (Jesus is God, Evolution is fake and substituting calligraphy with cursive) that is why I quoted what you said directly above it. Sadly, you didn't notice that I simply copied what you argued practically verbatim with a few substitutions.

Dude, it's 5:30 Sunday morning here.
I haven't slept in 17 hours.
You're twisting of my words to prove your point is admittedly lost on me, due to my lack of sleep.

Nibedicus
Dude, it's 5:30 Sunday morning here.
I haven't slept in 17 hours.
You're twisting of my words to prove your point is admittedly lost on me, due to my lack of sleep.

And I'm a little drunk so I might not be able to explain it in depth the way I want to. And I might be enjoying this a little too much.

Tell you what, let's both sleep on it with clearer heads and continue the discussion tomorrow?

Esau Cairn
I'm not sleeping with you Neb.
No matter how drunk you are.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Nibedicus
I'm not sleeping with you Neb.
No matter how drunk you are.

You're such a tease Esau.

Don't make me go Mindset on you.

Esau Cairn
So all the parents were wrong and all of them over reacted. How can this be proven? Parents when grouped together generally are right when comes to a single teachers screwup.

Sweet Jesus Christ.

So sending the teacher death threats in your opinion, isn't over reacting?

Clearly you only read & saw what you wanted & ignored the facts of the article.

Time-Immemorial
Sweet Jesus Christ.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ur always awesome bro.

Esau Cairn
Imo, the parents overreacted. Fears were projected ("Indoctrination!"wink, and parents couldn't see past them to the larger educational objective.

I'm honestly curious if there's any feedback from the parents once the principal gave a logical & rational explanation afterwards.

I'd also like to know if those death threats were traced back & be held accountable for. After all it is a crime to use social media as a carriage to threaten people.

Esau Cairn
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ur always awesome bro.

Sh*t I meant Sweet Allah-Obama.

So death threats aren't over reacting?

You kinda skipped that bit.

Time-Immemorial
Yea the death threats are nuts but until those can be confirmed that it was the parents making them. It's kind of speculation.

Mindship
Well, I get that. But what does EAST have to do with it? Just a mnemonic device.

I'm honestly curious if there's any feedback from the parents once the principal gave a logical & rational explanation afterwards. I'd also like to know if those death threats were traced back & be held accountable for. After all it is a crime to use social media as a carriage to threaten people. Both would be excellent follow-ups.

NemeBro
So all the parents were wrong and all of them over reacted. How can this be proven? Parents when grouped together generally are right when comes to a single teachers screwup. No they aren't, and all the parents that threw a sissyfit should kill themselves so that adults who are able to raise a child can take their children.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by NemeBro
No they aren't, and all the parents that threw a sissyfit should kill themselves so that adults who are able to raise a child can take their children.

I hope you are not a parent. If so, child services need to take them from you.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by NemeBro
No they aren't, and all the parents that threw a sissyfit should kill themselves so that adults who are able to raise a child can take their children.

laughing out loud

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
I hope you are not a parent. If so, child services need to take them from you.

It's whether Star & TI are parents that scare me more....

But hey I've got nothing against same sex couples. cool

snowdragon
Ok. Here's the point. If schools & teachers had to proofread every single work sheet they handed out & then edited or censored or disregarded every topic that might offend someone...don't you think there would be very little left to teach or learn from?

I'm not here to play censor but its obvious no matter who or how we play a situation out. Caligraphy didn't start or stop with that particular illustration.

This lesson plan showed bad judgement, thats all.

Esau Cairn
Bad judgment to what?

You're kinda implying that for now on every school has to have a staff meeting every morning & decide what topics or words or phrases shouldn't be used for the day.

Yeah you had a recent shooting with terrorist undertones...so did we here in Australia & so did Paris.

Have you come across any other articles on "bad judgement calls" in school lessons?

One kid posted the assignment to his mother & his mother over reacted causing a negative chain reaction.

Time-Immemorial
It's whether Star & TI are parents that scare me more....

But hey I've got nothing against same sex couples. cool

Oh you doglaughing out loud

Lucius
LMAO. This country was founded on Christianity. If u don't like it then you and your liberal kind are the ones that needs to move to some no-name island where you can praise the fake god "Allah" to your hearts content. White Christians are the ones who founded this country and won it's independence. If this country belongs to anyone it belongs to us. Trust me, if anyone's gonna be forced to leave it sure as Hell won't be "Republican White Christians" but instead your dumbasscratic kind. If you libs think you can force us to leave then, by all means, bring it, badass. *shows middle finger*

The stupid is strong in this one.

jaden101
I saw a film on TV once where a yellow faced man was writing in Chinese. Now my whole country speaks Chinese and is full of chinamenese people. Bloody Chinamenese indoctrination. Sickening.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

AsbestosFlaygon
That's a bit of overreaction. Ok, maybe not a bit. The teacher is at fault though. He should've known there would be backlash when he assigned Arabic calligraphy to his students. It doesn't matter if it was intentional (as in, the teacher rebelled against American society/the school for Islamophobia or Islamic propaganda or media attention) or unintentional (he was really using the coursework to teach Arabic calligraphy just to educate the students.)

Nephthys
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
The teacher is at fault though. He should've known there would be backlash when he assigned Arabic calligraphy to his students.

No, he shouldn't have. That people would respond like this is ****ing insane. The ones at fault are the neanderthals sending death threats over a worksheet.

Time-Immemorial
We have no source claiming the parents sent death threats.

For all we know it could be like that girl posting lies in the Internet for black lives matter to stir the pot.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Nephthys
No, he shouldn't have. That people would respond like this is ****ing insane. The ones at fault are the neanderthals sending death threats over a worksheet.
Yes, he should. With the current situation in the US of Islamophobia brought about by Islamic terrorism, a response like this is to be expected. Unless he's been living under a rock, he should be aware of current events.

Time-Immemorial
Teacher knew what he was doing, the liberal agenda is trying to softly break Islamic indoctrination in, people are waking up and tired of it. How many stories are going to come up like this and how many times will everyone here jump on the grenade for the teachers and or schools.

What they are doing is wrong, there should zero teachings of any religion in any public school.

Unless people are now realizing that islam is not a religion and wanting it to be taught as a ideology and thats the route they are going.

Star428
Originally posted by Nephthys

Uh, no. They're not insane. They were simply concerned about what their children were being taught and I can't say I blame them for being so upset and yes,the teacher should've known damn well that what he/she did was wrong.

Time-Immemorial
Has anyone even thought about the stupidity of this teacher yet?

-Pr-
Teacher knew what he was doing, the liberal agenda is trying to softly break Islamic indoctrination in, people are waking up and tired of it. How many stories are going to come up like this and how many times will everyone here jump on the grenade for the teachers and or schools.

What they are doing is wrong, there should zero teachings of any religion in any public school.

Unless people are now realizing that islam is not a religion and wanting it to be taught as a ideology and thats the route they are going.

You don't think that sounds at all paranoid?

Time-Immemorial
What do you expect with a Muslim president.

-Pr-
What do you expect with a Muslim president.

From this point on, I'm going to assume you just say this shit to get a rise out of people.

Star428
He's telling the truth. Regardless of what Obama says about "being Christian" his actions clearly show he is muslim.

Time-Immemorial
Why would saying that he is Muslim get a rise out of anyone?

tCAffMSWSzY

Even admits he is a muslim a few times and talks nothing about Islam.

When on earth does he speak about Christianity like this?

-Pr-
He's telling the truth. Regardless of what Obama says about "being Christian" his actions clearly show he is muslim.

Or maybe he just made bad policy decisions and you're attributing them to something else.

Why would saying that he is Muslim get a rise out of anyone?

tCAffMSWSzY

Even admits he is a muslim a few times and talks nothing about Islam.

When on earth does he speak about Christianity like this?

Nice disclaimer at the start, there.

Really shaky "evidence" btw.

Time-Immemorial
So Obama talking nothing about Islam how it is the greatest thing since sliced bread is not prooflaughing out loud

He flat out said he was muslim..laughing out loud

-Pr-
So Obama talking nothing about Islam how it is the greatest thing since sliced bread is not prooflaughing out loud

He flat out said he was muslim..laughing out loud

No, it really isn't.

You can like/admire something without being it. Or am I suddenly a Jedi Knight?

No, he really didn't.

Time-Immemorial
Ur right, he's Christian, because he said "I'm Christian."

And he can't lie about that either I assume, because he has never told a lie before.

-Pr-
Ur right, he's Christian, because he said "I'm Christian."

And he can't lie about that either I assume, because he has never told a lie before.

Why make assumptions?

Time-Immemorial
So he can't lie about being Christian?

Usually when someone does nothing but praise Islam and criticize Christians, its enough said. Did common sense get lost somewhere?

Star428
It's not just what he said about liking or respecting muslims. There's a ton of other shit he's done that indicate he clearly favors Islam over Christianity.

-Pr-
So he can't lie about being Christian?

Usually when someone does nothing but praise Islam and criticize Christians, its enough said. Did common sense get lost somewhere?

I never said that.

Notice how you said Islam, not Muslims, and Christians, not Christianity. Does Obama criticise Christianity as a faith? Does he fail to condemn Islamic Extremists?

It's a false comparison.

Time-Immemorial
He does fail to condemn them, he said SB was gun violence, not Islamic Terrorists..

So because he says he "Christian"

That means he is to you? When did you become a huge Obama defender?

Star428
I never said that.

Notice how you said Islam, not Muslims, and Christians, not Christianity. Does Obama criticise Christianity as a faith? Does he fail to condemn Islamic Extremists?

It's a false comparison.

He won't even call them "Islamic extremists" for ****'s sake. He refuses to acknowledge we are at war with radical Islam.

-Pr-
It's not just what he said about liking or respecting muslims. There's a ton of other shit he's done that indicate he clearly favors Islam over Christianity.

Like?

But seriously, I've asked this before: If he turned out to be Muslim, what difference would it make? He hasn't even anything approaching the power to convert America in to an Islamic State, nor would the Senate let him.

Same in any western country.

He does fail to condemn them, he said SB was gun violence, not Islamic Terrorists..

So because he says he "Christian"

That means he is to you? When did you become a huge Obama defender?

Did he flat out say they weren't terrorists? Or did he, quite rightly imo, question the ease at which the shooters were able to get their hands on weapons?

He can be worried about both.

He won't even call them "Islamic extremists" for ****'s sake. He refuses to acknowledge we are at war with radical Islam.

Do you really care WHAT he calls them? They're the same enemy.

Star428
*sigh*... Have you not been keeping up with all the stuff that's been posted on this forum over the past year or so? I'm not going to go back and dig up all that shit over again for you.

Time-Immemorial
Like?

But seriously, I've asked this before: If he turned out to be Muslim, what difference would it make? He hasn't even anything approaching the power to convert America in to an Islamic State, nor would the Senate let him.

Same in any western country.

Did he flat out say they weren't terrorists? Or did he, quite rightly imo, question the ease at which the shooters were able to get their hands on weapons?

He can be worried about both.

Do you really care WHAT he calls them? They're the same enemy.

Did you miss the point everyone basically in all the news and all the candidates have been saying that Obama refuses to say the words "Radical Islam" or "Islaic Terrorists."

You can't make your point work because its false.

I can't believe we have to debate the man names Barack Hussien Obama is a Christian, not a Muslimlaughing out loud

Why do people have such a problem saying he is Muslim, literally I dont get it.

Is it because then they have to admit he's a liar?

-Pr-
*sigh*... Have you not been keeping up with all the stuff that's been posted on this forum over the past year or so? I'm not going to go back and dig up all that shit over again for you.

I do read threads, yes.

I just don't subscribe to reckless, bigoted fear-mongering.

shrug

Did you miss the point everyone basically in all the news and all the candidates have been saying that Obama refuses to say the words "Radical Islam" or "Islaic Terrorists."

You can't make your point work because its false.

Stop deflecting. I literally just addressed that exact point.

Star428
Uh, yeah. Damn right I care what he calls them. I've said this before recently, if you refuse to even properly acknowledge who it is you're fighting then how do you expect to beat them? Not to mention the fact that he ****ing warns them before he bombs them. LOL. Yeah, sure.. it's obvious he really wants to defeat ISIS (his muslim brothers). roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-
Uh, yeah. Damn right I care what he calls them. I've said this before recently, if you refuse to even properly acknowledge who it is you're fighting then how do you expect to beat them? Not to mention the fact that he ****ing warns them before he bombs them? LOL.

Right, because calling them things like "Daesh" as opposed to "Isis" suddenly changes who the targets are.

Come on, man.

Time-Immemorial
So still trying to figure out, why you think he's not a Muslim..

Star428
Right, because calling them things like "Daesh" as opposed to "Isis" suddenly changes who the targets are.

Come on, man.

Jesus... just... nevermind. I don't know why I even bother.

-Pr-
So still trying to figure out, why you think he's not a Muslim..

Show actual proof that he is, then I will.

Should be easy, considering the wealth of evidence you claim is out there. Or will you just use the tired old "you'll never believe it no matter what I post" excuse, rather than admit that the evidence simply isn't there?

Or explain why it even matters? So it makes him a liar... Great. He's a politician. His predecessors were liars too. His successors most likely will be. He can't indoctrinate America even if he wanted to, and sure, while it would be nice to have an honest, decent, upstanding leader in office, good luck with that ever happening considering the state of the candidates running right now.

Jesus... just... nevermind. I don't know why I even bother.

Funny, I was feeling that same thing.

Time-Immemorial
I just posted above, JHC.

Esau Cairn

Hmmm so topics about Muslims taking over America over the last year or so huh?

So tell us all how many Americans have been converted to Islam over the last year or so?

Considering a large % of posters on KMC are from America...I haven't seen or witnessed a Muslim influence happening on this board.
No one trying to convert anyone.
The Religion Forum is still quite dominantly Christian based topics.

There's kinda like only 2 posters here constantly screaming their way of life is being threatened.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Yes, he should. With the current situation in the US of Islamophobia brought about by Islamic terrorism, a response like this is to be expected. Unless he's been living under a rock, he should be aware of current events.

So, in your opinion, what is the precise & exact date in America that due to the current events, all schools should've become more sensitive to what they were teaching?

Should all schools in America stop teaching World History or culture?

You're completely forgetting or conveniently forgetting that the reaction was caused by 2 people in one family (son & mother) having a small town mentality.

Esau Cairn
Has anyone even thought about the stupidity of this teacher yet?

Has anyone thought of the reasons the kid posted the page to his mom's FB page?

Has anyone reasoned that the mother may be just a tad bit racist & narrow minded?

Time-Immemorial
Ok if you dont think that is stupid, what about this.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/11/20/schools-sing-praise-to-allah-create-propaganda-posters-for-isis.html

A teacher makes kids draw isis flags that says "Join ISIS"

and the school makes them sing Allah Akbar..

Star428
Ok if you dont think that is stupid, what about this.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/11/20/schools-sing-praise-to-allah-create-propaganda-posters-for-isis.html

A teacher makes kids draw isis flags that says "Join ISIS"

and the school makes them sing Allah Akbar..

I'm sure you'll get some idiots coming along now and say something like "They were just trying to teach them how ISIS recruits people. They did nothing wrong!" or some other equally ridiculous hogwash.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>