Kylo Ren vs. Gandalf the White

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Who wins ?

StealthRanger
Gandalf

Jmanghan
Gandalf wins.

Scoobless
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FrothByte
What exactly has Gandalf done in the movies that puts him above Kylo?

StealthRanger
Being able to hold off Sauron for a bit, who destroyed a large tower thing as an indirect use of his power

MADing the Balrog who collapsed Dwarven stonework by walking, and Dwarven stonework has quite the longevity

Bentley
Originally posted by FrothByte

Defeating enemies with actual combat training and above human stats thumb up

Scoobless
Originally posted by FrothByte

Not been the only person in the history of the galaxy to be injured by a Storm Trooper.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Scoobless
Not been the only person in the history of the galaxy to be injured by a Storm Trooper. Luke has been shot by one as did Leia. Finn also got beat down. Try to be accurate.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by quanchi112
Luke has been shot by one as did Leia. Finn also got beat down. Try to be accurate. Aren't you siding with Gandalf here???

quanchi112
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Aren't you siding with Gandalf here??? Kylo wins.

Scoobless
Luke has been shot by one as did Leia. Finn also got beat down. Try to be accurate.

Accuracy is for dweebs.... you know that.

Though I am struggling to remember when Luke got shot.

Utrigita
I only recall Stormtroopers shooting at Luke in ESB, not hitting him. The only time I recall Luke being hit was in RotJ, but that was one of Jabbas thugs.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Utrigita
I only recall Stormtroopers shooting at Luke in ESB, not hitting him. The only time I recall Luke being hit was in RotJ, but that was one of Jabbas thugs.

Yep. And he was hit from behind, but Luke still turned and killed him.

quanchi112
Accuracy is for dweebs.... you know that.

Though I am struggling to remember when Luke got shot. Iirc he got shot in ESB.

NotAllThatEvil
His plane was shot down, but he was fine.

Arachnid1
Not been the only person in the history of the galaxy to be injured by a Storm Trooper. laughing out loud

Ouch

http://www.killsometime.com/content/pictures/files/2910.jpg

Anyway, Gandalf wrecks

StiltmanFTW
Though I am struggling to remember when Luke got shot.

He didn't.

One of Jabba's thugs shot his bionic hand.

BruceSkywalker
Couldn't Kylo simply freeze Gandalf????

Time-Immemorial
Of coarse he could, this thread is stupid, Kylo wins.

StiltmanFTW
1) Gandalf has his own TK.

2) Couldn't Gandalf just short-circuit Kylo's lightsaber...?

quanchi112
Kyla wins. Come at me, Gandalf *******.

NotAllThatEvil
Would you like to explain how or why kylo wins?

quanchi112
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Would you like to explain how or why kylo wins? Beats him with the lightsaber.

NotAllThatEvil
Gandalf super heats the handle so kylo can't hold it. Now what.

quanchi112
Gandalf super heats the handle so kylo can't hold it. Now what. Kylo force freezes him. This brakes the concentration and he kills Gandalf now.

NotAllThatEvil
Gandalf tks him against a wall so he can't move. He then super heats his mask so he looks more like his grandpappy smile

StiltmanFTW
Chances are the saber would short-circuit real quick...

Robtard
Kylo force freezes him. This brakes the concentration and he kills Gandalf now.

How does being physically Force-held stop mental activity/thoughts?

*breaks btw

quanchi112
Gandalf tks him against a wall so he can't move. He then super heats his mask so he looks more like his grandpappy smile Gandalf didn't even do that to Azog who didn't have tk powers. He also hid up a tree.

wink

StiltmanFTW
I wonder if Gandalf's forcefield - the one he used against Balrog - would work against Force TK.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
How does being physically Force-held stop mental activity/thoughts?

*breaks btw Throws your concentration off.

Robtard
You said "brakes" (breaks).

But now that your position has changed to "throws off", proof of this?

quanchi112
You said "brakes" (breaks).

But now that your position has changed to "throws off", proof of this? Watch his tk fights whenever his attention is elsewhere he loses his concentration. He couldn't even run and keep Azog in check as he was mocked. No wonder the guy hid up a tree. How embarrassing. It's like he was cucking.

NotAllThatEvil
Gandalf the gray or gandalf the white? I don't rrmrmber gtw up a tree.

StiltmanFTW
No wonder the guy hid up a tree.

Kylo did get owned by a random black dude and a noob Force user, keep in mind stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
I don't rrmrmber gtw up a tree.

The Unexpected Journey.

Happened in the book, too. So 100% canon.

But what was he supposed to do, solo all those Warg riders... ?

Robtard
Watch his tk fights whenever his attention is elsewhere he loses his concentration. He couldn't even run and keep Azog in check as he was mocked. No wonder the guy hid up a tree. How embarrassing. It's like he was cucking.

Sorry, that's not supporting your statement with proof; here's why:

-Those fights/encounters he was Gandalf The Grey, a weaker version than the White here

So do you have proof that Force-holding Gandalf the White (not Grey) will break his concentration?

Time-Immemorial
Kylo freezes and chokes him out.

NotAllThatEvil
G burns his face off with his own mask.

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Kylo did get owned by a random black dude and a noob Force user, keep in mind stick out tongue Kylo beat Finn but he did lose to Rey. She'd own Gabdalf as well with that saber. Kylo will improve in the next film as well.

quanchi112
Sorry, that's not supporting your statement with proof; here's why:

-Those fights/encounters he was Gandalf The Grey, a weaker version than the White here

So do you have proof that Force-holding Gandalf the White (not Grey) will break his concentration? Greater power doesn't mean greater concentration. If you feel that's the case then the onus is on you to prove it. We also see the Witch King destroy his staff and it took well over five seconds of Gandalf just sitting there and not doing anything in defense. Evidence.

Time-Immemorial
G burns his face off with his own mask.

No, Kylo has greater Tk feats and his saber will chop Gandalf staff in half, Gandalf shall not pass.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
No, Kylo has greater Tk feats and his saber will chop Gandalf staff in half, Gandalf shall not pass. thumb up

Robtard
Greater power doesn't mean greater concentration. If you feel that's the case then the onus is on you to prove it. We also see the Witch King destroy his staff and it took well over five seconds of Gandalf just sitting there and not doing anything in defense. Evidence.

Incorrect, you're using the defeats of a weaker Gandalf and saying it will be no different than his stronger self.

You'd need to prove that Gandalf the White is the same as Gandalf the Grey, but you can't, since we know The White is more powerful. You made a silly claim without support, learn from this and grow.

quanchi112
Incorrect, you're using the defeats of a weaker Gandalf and saying it will be no different than his stronger self.

You need to prove that Gandalf the White is the same as Gandalf the Grey, but you can't, since we know The White is more powerful. You made a silly claim without support, learn from this and grow. You claimed his concentration grew in the white version so the onus is on you.

Debating 101. If you believe his concentration is greater prove it, Rey Mysterio.

Time-Immemorial
Gandalf can't beat a uber force user like Kylo. He got his ass handed to him many times. He ran from Orcs..Kylo would have destroyed them.

quanchi112
Gandalf can't beat a uber force user like Kylo. He got his ass handed to him many times. He ran from Orcs..Kylo would have destroyed them. Robbie can't face the facts.

StiltmanFTW
Kylo beat Finn but he did lose to Rey. She'd own Gabdalf as well with that saber. Kylo will improve in the next film as well.

He did beat him, true, but got tagged in the process.

He will improve as Snoke said, but as of now, we use Ep. VII version.

StiltmanFTW
No, Kylo has greater Tk feats and his saber will chop Gandalf staff in half, Gandalf shall not pass.

The saber that can get short-circuited in a second? stick out tongue

Time-Immemorial
The saber that can get short-circuited in a second? stick out tongue

Thank George Lucas he has the force after his saber goes out. He just starts choking and rag dolling people.

quanchi112
He did beat him, true, but got tagged in the process.

He will improve as Snoke said, but as of now, we use Ep. VII version. He was also hit before the fight even began. Come on this is just Gandalf the guy who donks orcs on the head with his staff.

Robtard
You claimed his concentration grew in the white version so the onus is on you.

Debating 101. If you believe his concentration is greater prove it, Rey Mysterio.

I didn't make any such claim, I pointed out that you're using the loses of a lesser character and saying they're the same as the great character. Which is a shit debating tactic you're well known for.

Might as well argue that year one Potter is the same as year seven Potter, since you're arguing that Grey and White Gandalf are the same, when we know they are not. Critical Thinking, learn it.

quanchi112
I didn't make any such claim, I pointed out that you're using the loses of a lesser character and saying they're the same. Which is a shit debating tactic you're well known for.

Might as well argue that year one Potter is the same as year seven Potter, since you're arguing that Grey and White Gandalf are the same. Critical Thinking, learn it. You made the claim his concentration improved let wise of course I can use tk feats and the application of tk through the same character.

But let's here why you believe Gandalf is obviously more powerful than the white version. Let's hear your case.

StiltmanFTW
Thank George Lucas he has the force after his saber goes out. He just starts choking and rag dolling people.

That's okay, but Gandalf is not defenseless, either.

Robtard
You made the claim his concentration improved let wise of course I can use tk feats and the application of tk through the same character.

But let's here why you believe Gandalf is obviously more powerful than the white version. Let's hear your case. What? You really didn't watch these flicks, you keep proving that. The second and third films prove that the White is more powerful than his previous Grey incarnation. The Grey lost to Sarumon, the White defeated him with a few words.

Let me simplify it for you, since you seem to have trouble: Gandalf the White > Gandalf the Grey

StiltmanFTW
He was also hit before the fight even began. Come on this is just Gandalf the guy who donks orcs on the head with his staff.

The guy who solo'd Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn (Aragorn even had Anduril at that point in the books)... humiliated Saruman... killed Durin's Bane (even though it cost him his life).

Gandalf has also one-shotted an Olog-hai...

quanchi112
What? You really didn't watch these flicks, you keep proving that. The second and third films prove that the White is more powerful than his previous Grey incarnation. The Grey lost to Sarumon, the White defeated him with a few words.

Let me simplify it for you, since you seem have trouble Gandalf the White > Gandalf the Grey One could also argue he had the authority to banish him from the order which he did. Authority doesn't go hand in hand with greater personal power. What abilities did he exhibit better as the white version ?

He was humiliated by the Witch King who Aragorn himself humiliated with a torch. Do you think being humiliated by the Witch King is greater than the Balrog fight ?

Robtard
LoL, this simpleton. When something doesn't gel with his bias, it suddenly doesn't count.

Then there's the time he easily slapped around a bunch of Nazgul and their fellbeast while in White form. Watch the films, done explaining things to you.

To recap since you're having serious trouble: Gandalf the White > Gandalf the Grey

StiltmanFTW
Gandalf the Grey needed Fellowship's help to deal with a cave troll and it was Legolas who delivered the killing blow.

Gandalf the White one-shotted an Olog-hai.

It's quite obvious White > Grey.

quanchi112
The guy who solo'd Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn (Aragorn even had Anduril at that point in the books)... humiliated Saruman... killed Durin's Bane (even though it cost him his life).

Gandalf has also one-shotted an Olog-hai... He used light to alter their line of sight and he didn't kill or ko any of them. Saruman was simply banished from the order since he basically abused his power.

This isn't working on the more skilled Kylo. Kylo is much faster and more skilled than the slow and lumbering Balrog.

StiltmanFTW
Blinding Light aura is one of his many spells, yes.

He's no-sold Saruman's fireball and broken his staff all by himself. Possibly getting help from the Ring of Fire, but again, that's his standard equip.

quanchi112
LoL, this simpleton. When something doesn't gel with his bias, it suddenly doesn't count.

Then there's the time he easily slapped around a bunch of Nazgul and their fellbeast while in White form. Watch the films, done explaining things to you.

To recap since you're having serious trouble: Gandalf the White > Gandalf the Grey It counts but your silly perception doesn't count. Learn what words mean. You simply are inept when it comes to debating.

He used light but we see Aragorn rape them in combat and the Witch King humiliated Gandalf the White.

You haven't proven it you basically cried about it without making a legitimate case. Debate or leave.

quanchi112
Blinding Light aura is one of his many spells, yes.

He's no-sold Saruman's fireball and broken his staff all by himself. Possibly getting help from the Ring of Fire, but again, that's his standard equip. Yes, I know. It isn't that impressive at all.

He is highly resistant to fireballs but do you feel he can tank the lightsaber in the same manner ?

Robtard
Now defeating Sarumon counts, when on the last page you tried to downplay it away, you're really awful at this. I advise you to watch films and pay attention when watching them, you always embarrass yourself.

quanchi112
Now defeating Sarumon counts, when on the last page you tried to downplay it away, you're really awful at this. I advise you to watch films and pay attention when watching them, you always embarrass yourself. It does count but he simply had the authority to do so. He banished him from the order.

We also see the Witch King decimate his staff but he couldn't decimate Aragorn's torch.

laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Yes, I know. It isn't that impressive at all.

He is highly resistant to fireballs but do you feel he can tank the lightsaber in the same manner ?

He also fended off numerous Nazguls with Lightstrike.

He won't need to tank it, as he can just heat up Kylo's saber and break it... but if Kylo does come close somehow, Gandalf still has his forcefield. Lightsabers don't have a good track record against those.

quanchi112
He also fended off numerous Nazguls with Lightstrike.

He won't need to tank it, as he can just heat up Kylo's saber and break it... but if Kylo does come close somehow, Gandalf still has his forcefield. Lightsabers don't have a good track record against those. Ok ? A skilled combatant with a torch ran them off. A huge wave also defeated multiple Nazgul.

So you take one feat and apply it across the board. Gandalf is resistant to fire but his force field of light won't help him against the light saber unless you can prove it. Kylo can also force freeze and his feat is better than the arrow feat by leaps and bounds.

StiltmanFTW
His forcefield was durable enough to take a direct attack from Balrog.

Time-Immemorial
I don't think that force field can stop the forcesmile

StiltmanFTW
No way to tell.

It's magical, so it very well might.

Time-Immemorial
The force is in everything though. So if this was a mutual verse I don't see how it could shut it out.

quanchi112
His forcefield was durable enough to take a direct attack from Balrog. And yet he was bleeding from tk from Saruman. He is highly resistant to fire based attacks.

StiltmanFTW
The force is in everything though. So if this was a mutual verse I don't see how it could shut it out.

Everything?

Ysalamiri disagree stick out tongue

Time-Immemorial
Who's thatlaughing out loud

quanchi112
Robbie tucked tail and fled like he always does.

Time-Immemorial
Just like he did for Sanders

quanchi112
Just like he did for Sanders Maybe it's time for a fresh cucking.

StiltmanFTW
Who's thatlaughing out loud

Creatures that projected Force-repelling bubbles.

Thrawn had one of those on his shoulder. Would be cool for him to appear in Ep. VIII, but it's most likely just a rumour.

Scoobless
Creatures that projected Force-repelling bubbles.

Thrawn had one of those on his shoulder. Would be cool for him to appear in Ep. VIII, but it's most likely just a rumour.

Yeah, the Thrawn storyline (in the books) picked up right after ep 6 when everyone was still young and childless and Luke was still suffering the after effects of being electrocuted by the Emperor.... They could alter it to fit the movies I suppose, it would be cool to see him on screen, but he'd need at least 2 or 3 movies to really shine.

FrothByte
Kylo wins against Gandalf the grey. Loses against Gandalf the white but makes Gandalf work for it.

quanchi112
Rob has officially conceded the thread.

psycho gundam
I really don't see how Gandalf has a chance here

Another dead old guy

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
I really don't see how Gandalf has a chance here

Another dead old guy thumb up

BruceSkywalker

he is supposed to appear on star wars rebels

NotAllThatEvil

No. The force is tiny bugs that live in your blood and are deeply concerned over your personal morality.

quanchi112
No. The force is tiny bugs that live in your blood and are deeply concerned over your personal morality. laughing out loud

Ignorance.

Time-Immemorial
No. The force is tiny bugs that live in your blood and are deeply concerned over your personal morality.

You don't even know much about star wars or what you are talking about.

quanchi112
You don't even know much about star wars or what you are talking about. thumb up

NotAllThatEvil
Midiclorians are still canon bro.

quanchi112
Midiclorians are still canon bro. Your point ?

NotAllThatEvil
Thats the force as explained by a jedi master. I might have paraphrased a bit

quanchi112
Thats the force as explained by a jedi master. I might have paraphrased a bit A new Hope is also canon.

NotAllThatEvil
Yes it is. Old ben is rather vague about how the force works though.

quanchi112
Yes it is. Old ben is rather vague about how the force works though. No, he wasn't.

NotAllThatEvil
It controls your actions but also obeys your commands is the most detailed we got. And nothing he says goes against it being bugs that live in your cells.

quanchi112
It controls your actions but also obeys your commands is the most detailed we got. And nothing he says goes against it being bugs that live in your cells. It is connected to all things so yeah the force works, sport.

NotAllThatEvil
Brcause all things have bugs.

quanchi112
Brcause all things have bugs. Irrelevant.

NotAllThatEvil
Completely relrvant.

quanchi112
Completely relrvant. Nah.

NotAllThatEvil
Yah

quanchi112
Yah Double nah.

NotAllThatEvil
Yah times infinity stick out tongue

quanchi112
Yah times infinity stick out tongue Nah times infinity squared.

NotAllThatEvil
Yah times infiniry cubed with a cherry on top.

quanchi112
Yah times infiniry cubed with a cherry on top. You went overboard with the cherry which means concession city population you.

DTM
Im not sure Id give Kylo the win over Gandalf The Grey, him in his enhanced White make this a win for him, IMO.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
Im not sure Id give Kylo the win over Gandalf The Grey, him in his enhanced White make this a win for him, IMO. Based on ?

DTM
Well, I could always say based on its not who youre supporting, which pretty much means its the right choice. Yeah, Ill go with that based on reasoning.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
Well, I could always say based on its not who youre supporting, which pretty much means its the right choice. Yeah, Ill go with that based on reasoning. So you admit you are not objective hence disqualifying your opinion.

NotAllThatEvil
You went overboard with the cherry which means concession city population you.

I'm sorry. I didn't know you were scared of cherries....

DTM
Based on? smile

quanchi112
I'm sorry. I didn't know you were scared of cherries.... It was uncalled for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.