Kylo Ren vs. General Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Who wins ?

Trocity
lol, Grievous.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
lol, Grievous. I for one disagree. Shocking, right ?

Lord Stark
Grievous mauls him

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Grievous mauls him Based on ?

FreshestSlice
The fact that he's better?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

Grievous is one of the most prolific Jedi hunters in galactic history. He has defeated beings with far more experience than him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The fact that he's better? Based off what is he better than Kylo ? Please do go on.

quanchi112
Grievous is one of the most prolific Jedi hunters in galactic history. He has defeated beings with far more experience than him. Experience isn't the end all be all. Why don't you tell me how you believe he wins.

ares834
Kylo freezes him and kills him.

FreshestSlice
Based off what is he better than Kylo ? Please do go on.
Grievous is superior in everything except the Force. They aren't even comparable.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ares834

Prove that he could do that to someone as fast as Grievous. He didn't even freeze Finn when he was ****ing his arm up laughing

Nephthys

I was thinking this.

ares834
Prove that he could do that to someone as fast as Grievous. He didn't even freeze Finn when he was ****ing his arm up laughing

laughing out loud

He froze a laser.

Grievous is ****ed

FreshestSlice
>freezes a *blaster bolt(not a laster)
>fails in literally everything else he does

cs_zoltan
Kylo can win if we are talking about pre-cybernetic post shuttle bombing Grievous.

Revanchiste
Kylo Ren is just a pussy tormented dude with no martial art training what soever ! He is great at telepathy and other trick, but his light saber is just here to look cool and he is quasi incappble of exploiting the edge of his weapon against experienced duelist.
Grievous is a ****ing damn Kaalesh warior he kick his ass even before his cybernetic reconstruction !

"Kylo can win if we are talking about pre-cybernetic post shuttle bombing Grievous."
XD post shuttle bombing, he also win against vador pre-cybernetic post you were destined to bring the glaxy to the light no to the darkness !

Revanchiste
He froze a laser.
It's a bolt of blaster, it is plasma ! it is just some TK preco and stasis trick....

DarthAnt66

NewGuy01
Idk Grivus sux against Jedi without helpers...

carthage
Grievous takes him in his arms and adopts him as his son

Beniboybling
Kylo freezes him and kills him. thumb upOriginally posted by FreshestSlice
Grievous is superior in everything except the Force. They aren't even comparable. Which tends to be a major factor in most of his losses...

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Which tends to be a major factor in most of his jobbings*...

*Fixed.

Beniboybling
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ea/41/09/ea4109b05147a5274b02cbce2a8aa359.jpg

Lord Stark

This is a grievous post and a grievous insult to the General.

ILS
This is a grievous post and a grievous insult to the General. Agreed, generally speaking.

quanchi112
Grievous is superior in everything except the Force. They aren't even comparable. He force freezes him and ends him.

quanchi112
>freezes a *blaster bolt(not a laster)
>fails in literally everything else he does He force froze people in the film. He also beat Finn after he showed off. He was also injured for the fight. Context. It matters.

Kurk
Sabers: Grievous
Force & Sabers: Idk, maybe Ren

Rebel95
Kylo would lose sabers only, but in an all out fight I think he would win.

McP
He freezed a faster target then Grievous (that laser bolt). He should be able to freeze the General, and then kills him. If not, then Greivous would stomp him in a duel, even if three of his hands would be cut off.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by McP
He freezed a faster target then Grievous (that laser bolt). He should be able to freeze the General, and then kills him. If not, then Greivous would stomp him in a duel, even if three of his hands would be cut off.

Why is a blaster bolt faster than Grievous?

Kenobi can deflect blaster fire from an army of droids yet Grievous attacked him faster than he can think.

Beniboybling
Attack speed =/= movement speed - Grievous has to get to him first

quanchi112
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Why is a blaster bolt faster than Grievous?

Kenobi can deflect blaster fire from an army of droids yet Grievous attacked him faster than he can think. Please do not tell me you're serious.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Attack speed =/= movement speed - Grievous has to get to him first

Since he can dodge force powers and has teleport feats I don't see the problem. If anything Kylo has no feats that would suggest he doesn't get blitzed.

Kylo stopping a blaster bolt and an untrained force sensitive who didn't even know at the time she can use the force somehow means he can beat Grievous?
I guess Bastila can too then, right? Since she could use stasis on Revan's companions...

Lord Stark
Please do not tell me you're serious.

Its a fair point though. Grievous overwhelms the defenses of Jedi with reactions similar to Kylo. He's casually dodged Force pushes before if we're counting legends feats. I do admit that canon Grievous will have a much harder time though.

quanchi112
Its a fair point though. Grievous overwhelms the defenses of Jedi with reactions similar to Kylo. He's casually dodged Force pushes before if we're counting legends feats. I do admit that canon Grievous will have a much harder time though. No, it isn't. I only argue canon. Grievous was hit by a force push and rather easily by Kenobi. He then attempted to flee since he's a giant coward.

Blaster bolts are faster than grievous. To suggest otherwise is living in a delusional fanboy world.

Lord Stark
No, it isn't. I only argue canon. Grievous was hit by a force push and rather easily by Kenobi. He then attempted to flee since he's a giant coward.

Blaster bolts are faster than grievous. To suggest otherwise is living in a delusional fanboy world.

Quan, I can't tell you how little of a **** I give that you only argue canon. You're in a legends forum and you didn't specify in the OP what feats people should consider. And that's the end of that.

Grievous stomps.

quanchi112
Quan, I can't tell you how little of a **** I give that you only argue canon. You're in a legends forum and you didn't specify in the OP what feats people should consider. And that's the end of that.

Grievous stomps. Default rules are canon. Be familiar with the rules and don't lash out at me because you res upset. Everyone here knows I only argue canon as the rest doesn't count until Disney says so.

Kenobi force pushed him. Kylo force freezes him. Kylo would call you a traitor.

McP
Its a fair point though. Grievous overwhelms the defenses of Jedi with reactions similar to Kylo. He's casually dodged Force pushes before if we're counting legends feats. I do admit that canon Grievous will have a much harder time though.

Well, to be fair for this looser Kylo, we can't use his movie's version as example, while we're using CW!Grievous for example. That's not fair.
Grievous, as I remember, never dodged a Force push on screen (unlike Dooku in TCW S6). He also wasn't that fast as Stover's describes it. He would indeed be stomped in saber duel. The problem is, that he freezed a really fast targed. Much faster then Grievous. And, unlike even moderate Jedi Masters, Grievous has a little hope to be immune for that.

Lord Stark
Default rules are canon. Be familiar with the rules and don't lash out at me because you res upset. Everyone here knows I only argue canon as the rest doesn't count until Disney says so.

Kenobi force pushed him. Kylo force freezes him. Kylo would call you a traitor.

I'm not upset at all. laughing
I was mostly joking, but I didn't read the update, thanks for the heads up.

As for this thread, I dunno. I feel like if Kylo could simply freeze Grievous and kill him, what stopped him from doing that to Finn. It seems pretty clear that he prefers to use his saber, not dissimilar to Vader in the OT.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by McP
Well, to be fair for this looser Kylo, we can't use his movie's version as example, while we're using CW!Grievous for example. That's not fair.
Grievous, as I remember, never dodged a Force push on screen (unlike Dooku in TCW S6). He also wasn't that fast as Stover's describes it. He would indeed be stomped in saber duel. The problem is, that he freezed a really fast targed. Much faster then Grievous. And, unlike even moderate Jedi Masters, Grievous has a little hope to be immune for that.

Padawans can react to blaster bolts. I don't see how it's even remotely impressive.

quanchi112
I'm not upset at all. laughing
I was mostly joking, but I didn't read the update, thanks for the heads up.

As for this thread, I dunno. I feel like if Kylo could simply freeze Grievous and kill him, what stopped him from doing that to Finn. It seems pretty clear that he prefers to use his saber, not dissimilar to Vader in the OT. He used both. He was full of rage and wanted to toy with him and best him with his saber which he did.

McP
Padawans can react to blaster bolts. I don't see how it's even remotely impressive.

Allright. That doesn't change a fact, that Grievous' movement speed is slower then blaster bolt. So Kylo should be able to catch him. And then the fight is over.

quanchi112
Padawans can react to blaster bolts. I don't see how it's even remotely impressive. Padawans can't freeze blasted bolts and go over own the guy then release the bolt. Five minutes into the film Kylo wowed the Star Wars universe. Now when he completes his training look the **** out.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by McP
That doesn't change a fact, that Grievous' movement speed is slower then blaster bolt.
Doesn't matter. Kenobi can deflect blaster fire from an army yet Grievous was faster than him, attacking before he even realized what is happening. A padawan level of speed feat is hardly enough for Kylo.

Based on what? He stopped a blaster bolt and at the time an above avarage scavenger. Grievous' physicals dwarfs both of those. Implying that Kylo can employ stasis on anything without a force defense is ridiculous. Could he also stop an AT-AT? Nothing suggest that Kylo can restrain Grievous. Especially when he gets 20 strikes / second in his face.

Lord Stark
He used both. He was full of rage and wanted to toy with him and best him with his saber which he did.

A fair point but my point is that if he tries the same shit with Grievous he won't get off with an arm wound, Grievous will **** him up.

Its easy to say 'Kylo freezes gg' but he has yet to demonstrate doing that mid saber battle.

Angelalex242
At this point, Kylo has not shown his freezing ability during a saber duel. Should he show such ability in later movies, then Grievous no longer has a chance. As long as it's something Kylo has to concentrate on, however, he doesn't have that kind of time with 4 sabers coming at him. Even Obi Wan spends most of his time reducing the enemy's saber count before doing anything else.

The_Tempest
Ren can and should win via Force, like any other self-respecting Force user.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Angelalex242
At this point, Kylo has not shown his freezing ability during a saber duel. Should he show such ability in later movies, then Grievous no longer has a chance. As long as it's something Kylo has to concentrate on, however, he doesn't have that kind of time with 4 sabers coming at him. Even Obi Wan spends most of his time reducing the enemy's saber count before doing anything else.

Pretty much this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.