School makes kids sign "Allah Akbar"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
This is getting crazy.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/11/20/schools-sing-praise-to-allah-create-propaganda-posters-for-isis.html

Bardock42
Obviously we don't have much context, but taken at face value this seems inappropriate. Good that the school seems to have pulled it, the teachers should be reprimanded.

Star428
This is disgusting. I had to stop reading the article about half-way down because it started making me sick (and angry).

Tattoos N Scars
It's getting crazy. I'm getting close to pulling my kids from public school and putting them in a private Christian school.

BackFire
Ohh, I heard a bit about this yesterday but didn't realize it took place in my city. My mom used to work for the school district in question. Small world.

Anyways yeah, this kind thing can't happen in public schools. No religion has a place being promoted in public schools, this song was blatantly inappropriate, regardless of what the teacher's intentions were.

Q99
You do realize that the reason they did that was almost certainly an 'imagine what their views are like' thing, not an actual 'you should follow their views', right?

Also, Allah Akbar is just Arabic for 'God is Great.' If you were to write, 'God , is great' in that language, as a Christian, in a Christian context, it'd be 'Allah Akbar.' Plus, y'know, both religions follow the same God.

The irony is I'd say there's likely an 80-90% chance that this was meant as an anti-Isis thing.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Q99
You do realize that the reason they did that was almost certainly an 'imagine what their views are like' thing, not an actual 'you should follow their views', right?

Also, Allah Akbar is just Arabic for 'God is Great.' If you were to write, 'God , is great' in that language, as a Christian, in a Christian context, it'd be 'Allah Akbar.' Plus, y'know, both religions follow the same God.

The irony is I'd say there's likely an 80-90% chance that this was meant as an anti-Isis thing.

It may seem that way, but Allah is not the Christian God. Christ is God, Arabs do not believe that, so they do not follow the God I do.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Q99

Look at his load of bullshit. Did you crack yourself while writing this humors nonsense?

Q99
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
It may seem that way, but Allah is not the Christian God.

Sure they are.

Like, Bible-using Christians in those countries use the word Allah. That's how the word translates. Your particular branch of Christianity, if explained to someone in Arabic, would use the word Allah. That's what Allah means, it just means 'God.'

Like, if you were in Japan, and someone with a priest collar came up to you and said Kami-sama, that would also mean 'God,' different words for the same thing don't make different beings.

But do you worship the Holy Spirit? God-in-Heaven? If you do, then ding-ding, you worship the same being.

Whether or not one part is included doesn't make the rest not the same, not when they're explicitly the same being.

Also, do you believe Jewish people worship the same God as you? The Bible explicitly says that the Christian God is the Jewish God- Moses was a Jew who didn't believe in Jesus for obvious reasons, would you say you worship a different God than Moses? Because by the logic you just presented, you'd say you followed different Gods, but I find that silly and trying to use semantics to split things up.

Muslims believe in the Jewish God. The Jewish God is the Christian God.

Just because you do so in a different way, doesn't actually mean they worship a different God than you.

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Look at his load of bullshit. Did you crack yourself while writing this humors nonsense?

Just because you're angry doesn't make religion, or definitions, or events, work how you want them to.

BackFire
Originally posted by Q99

That may very well be, I doubt the teacher is some terrorist sympathizer, but we need to be consistent. Religion of any sort has no place in schools like this, outside of being taught in a very dry, historic context. If this teacher sang a song praising Christ that would also be unacceptable.

Tattoos N Scars
Islam does not believe in the Triune Nature of God. Many, but not all Jews believe in a Triune God. The New Testament broadened the understanding of the nature of God. The Jewish God is the Christian God, but Allah is not. If you read the Quran, Allah shares more similarities with Lucifer.

I could create my own religion too and claim Jehovah is the same as the Christian God. By doing such, wouldn't make it so. The heresies involved in Islam make Allah a different God.

AsbestosFlaygon
The teacher(s?) who taught the song are obviously Muslims or Muslim sympathizers. If not, I presume they are radicals promoting ISIS propaganda.

Adam Grimes
The're probably Osama's offspring trying to take over Amerik.

#Inbe4paranoiaactuallytakesover

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The're probably Osama's offspring trying to take over Amerik.

#Inbe4paranoiaactuallytakesover

Barack Obama approves this message.

Star428
LMAO@anyone who thinks Allah and Yahweh are one and the same. That is not just an ignorant claim, it's also highly offensive to real Christians. Not surprising that it's a typical clueless-ass liberal who's making such a trolling, asinine, inflammatory statement.

As Tatoos pointed out, the Christian God is a 3-in-1 God. The fake ass Muslim one isn't. That's not some trivial insignificant detail. It's HUGE.

Star428
People, like Q99, who get their info from clueless left wing sources that make retarded claims like "the muslim god is the same as the Christian One", then spread that garbage across the internet like a virus poisoning the minds of those who are impressionable are one of the major underlying problems in this country.

Tattoos N Scars

Star428
LMAO. Good one.

Ushgarak
a. This is becoming religious debate which belongs in the religious forum

b. Again, this torrent of divisive threads must stop. This is month-old news posted simply to further an agenda. Cut it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.