Kylo Ren (wounded) vs Sha'a'gi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
Maybe I've finally found a fight Sha'a'gi can win. Lightsaber only fight

Emperordmb
could you please not put spoilers in the ****ing title

FreshestSlice
That's not a spoiler.
http://i.imgur.com/7HLkzzu.jpg

neitheristhisbecauseitsbackgroundinfotbh

Q99
It's still kinda a spoiler, that he gets wounded.

Anyway, I think he can beat Sha'a'gi despite his wound. He's force-stronger and Sha'a'gi may still panic.

It's worth noting both Finn and Rey were fairly badass normals. Stormtroopers get taught melee, and Rey beat up, like, 3-4 guys with her stick (school of hard knocks), and Kylo had to fight Rey after fighting with Finn and thus had spent minutes swinging while in pain. Shaggy, being around the bottom tier of Jedi, is close to badass-normal range too, and won't be able to wear him out so much.

FreshestSlice
Lol@Rey being normal when she's probably Luke's baby girl. She was born better than everyone else.

And it's not a spoiler unless you actually know he gets wounded. Any other time it's just a possibility.

NewGuy01
Rey's already a pretty skilled warrior even at the start of the movie; it's obvious she's more proficient with a polearm, but she's hardly an inept swordfighter from what be saw. That, backed by her unrivaled force strength and famous Skywalker rageboost make her a far, far more formidable opponent than Sha'agi.

And Kylo was dealing with metal instability, a sliced arm, and a grisly abdominal wound while fighting her. Not to mention the fact that he passed up opportunities to kill her more than once during the fight.

He's not someone this level of Jedi could handle lol.

Q99
By 'badass normal,' I don't think she's an actual normal, just that she's around the range of a stronger badass normal.

Of course, stronger badass normals have killed weaker Jedi before, so still not looking good for Sha'a'gi.

(Also I don't think she's a Skywalker personally, but force strong regardless)

NewGuy01
In the novel when the lightsaber goes to her instead of him he says: "It IS you!". It's beyond obvious at this point.

FreshestSlice
"That lightsaber, it was Luke's. Like his father before him. And now it's calling to you."
/the entire flashback sequence
/the faces made at the end
Kylo knows who she is in the novel and for some reason didn't kill her with the rest of the children.

Finally, no one who's a random should be just naturally Force strong enough to defeat ****ing Kylo Ren at any point with absolutely zero saber training in the last 15 years. Being a good warrior doesn't make you a good saberist.

NewGuy01
Except she's pretty much more naturally "Force strong enuff" than just about anyone else we've ever seen.

Also, being a Skywalker comes with rage-induced oneness moments. It's a thing now.

FreshestSlice
Because she's definitely Luke's daughter, ergo not a random. And since I edited what I said before you posted, I win. http://r27.imgfast.net/users/2716/29/35/50/smiles/1751224631.png

Nephthys
My thought is that they're pushing her as Luke's daughter so strongly that I'm suspecting a bait and switch. Its too obvious.

Especially for Abrams, I feel like he'd want to sneak a Vader-esque surprise past the audience.

FreshestSlice
That's the thing though, people always misrepresent the "Vader-esque" twist. Fact is, Luke's father was exactly who he was said to be. The surprise was that so was Darth Vader, not necessarily that Vader was Luke's real father, although this may have been the truth originally. No point in disregarding what's established. Besides, Abrams said there would be "hints" in this, and Ridley said we'd know Rey's parentage by the end of it. I say if you don't know by now, you haven't be paying attention. We'll see for sure in year and a half.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
That's the thing though, people always misrepresent the "Vader-esque" twist. Fact is, Luke's father was exactly who he was said to be. The surprise was that so was Darth Vader, not necessarily that Vader was Luke's real father, although this may have been the truth originally.

I don't really understand what you mean. The twist is that Lukes father was Darth Vader. That was the surprise. I don't think anyone's ever misrepresented that. Except maybe you, just now.

FreshestSlice
We are told Luke's father is Anakin Skywalker.
We are lead to believe Luke's father is Anakin Skywalker
Luke believes his father is Anakin Skywalker.
Surprise! Luke's father turns out to actually be, you guessed it, Anakin Skywalker.
The twist is so is Vader. Darth Vader didn't kill Anakin Skywalker; he IS Anakin Skywalker is the twist.

Vader being Luke's father is important, sure, but nowhere near as important in the grand scheme of the saga, and the saga was planned by this point.

Q99
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

Finally, no one who's a random should be just naturally Force strong enough to defeat ****ing Kylo Ren at any point with absolutely zero saber training in the last 15 years. Being a good warrior doesn't make you a good saberist.

Even Finn was able to put up some fight against him. Kylo was in bad shape- and having to go through someone else first (after, I will note, taking down Rey with force) would've sapped his strength further.

Nephthys
The whole "Obi-Wan meant Vader killed Anakin by Anakin becoming Vader" thing is just the explanation. The twist is that he's his father. Duh.

Lmao Vader being Lukes father isn't the important part. Right. Gotcha. roll eyes (sarcastic)

FreshestSlice
Yeah, read it the first time you said it, and I still think it's wrong, so, moving on. Also, I never said it wasn't important. To the audience it may have been, but the audience doesn't know about Anakin Skywalker in the 80's.

Nephthys
I am wrong yes. And you are totally right. Darth Vader being Luke Skywalkers father isn't really that important in the saga. I can't think of a single time when it was important in fact. Ever. In the entire thing. What a waste of a twist. Not that that was ever the real twist. The real twist is obviously that he's Anakin Skywalker, the guy we'd never met before and had no idea why he's a big deal before then. That sure was the important thing in the 80's, 30 years before the prequels were made.

Nailed it. thumb up

Nephthys
I mean the line is "I am your father", not "I am that giant pussy everyone hates, Anakin".

FreshestSlice
Any chance you can get to shit on the PT, eh, Neph? The point is, if it seems like Luke is Rey's father, he probably is. But you can misrepresent what I say and be super childish. That works too. And this may be surprising to you, but Anakin actually has quite a lot of fans. Everyone can't be neckbeard stuck in the 80s.

DarthAnt66
Rey is definitely the daughter of Luke.

Agusto Pinochet
Sha'gi was underaverage even among other padawans. Kylo wins.

Trocity
Kylo Ren shitstomps him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.