Rey vs Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NotAllThatEvil
Rey vs episode 5 luke. Both incredibly gifted but not trained yet. Will luke be dissarmed... Again, or will rey be sent packing back to jakku?

Time-Immemorial
Rey

NotAllThatEvil
I don't know. Luke was able to handle vader pretty well

ares834
IS this Luke at the end of ESB? If so he wins pretty easily.

NotAllThatEvil
I didn't think there was much of a difference. Lets go with begining luke.

ares834
There is a huge difference. He had at least several day at of training with Yoda. Heck, at the beginning he could barely pull his saber to him.

Anyways, at the beginning of the film he loses.

NotAllThatEvil
You sure? Obi wsn did give him basic lightsaber training in rpisode 4 and he was fighting with the rebels for awhile. He has more combat expierence than rey.

Time-Immemorial
Rey's force powers were stronger.

NotAllThatEvil
She summoned a light saber and faught an injured dude.
Luke summoned a lightsaber and blocked blaster shots blindfolded.
I think they're closer than you think.

Time-Immemorial
She overcame his force pull. And mind rape, Without training..

BruceSkywalker
luke but just slightly

DTM
Id say ESB Luke would win here (his film saber feats were more impressive than Reys)

Firefly218
Rey mastered the Jedi mind trick with no training and is natural with a sabre. If both are untrained, Rey wins. If it's Luke after training with Yoda, Luke wins.

Prof. T.C McAbe
ESB Luke wins, ROTJ Luke stomps. ANH Luke might lose.

Darth Thor
Luke had been training for 3 years at the beginning of ESB.

He stomps whether it's beginning or end of ESB tbh.

quanchi112
Rey wins.

relentless1
look at how hard it was for him to TK the lightsaber to himself at the beginning of the film. Rey was able to TK wrestle it from Kilos grip, she wins if Luke isn't Yoda trained.

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by relentless1
look at how hard it was for him to TK the lightsaber to himself at the beginning of the film. Rey was able to TK wrestle it from Kilos grip, she wins if Luke isn't Yoda trained.
The wand chooses the wizard, harry. Though its not always clear why.
-bug-eyed cantina lady.

DTM
Keep in mind Luke at that point had just returned to consciousness after being attacked, was hanging upside down, and was probably both physically hurting and emotionally confused and afraid. So yeah, there should be alot of understanding on it taking Luke a few seconds to TK his lightsaber to him (hardly a bad feat considering the disadvantages he was facing then).

relentless1
no, the way that it was portrayed in ESB was that it was a struggle for him because he wasn't well trained yet

DTM
Not really, not to me anyway. Besides, when you look at all that he had against him in that scene, it literally took him a few seconds to summon his saber, again, hardly a negative feat in the least.

relentless1
No way, Luke was fully awake and aware of his surroundings, he saw the Wampa and recognized his situation. Then he had to close his eyes and focus for several seconds to even wiggle the lightsaber let alone get it before the Wampa got to him, meanwhile Rey took that same saber away from an accomplished Force user in Kylo Ren after a Force struggle for it.

Rey > ESB Luke.

DTM
You and I disagree then, which is fine, though keep in mind Luke got Stronger as ESB went on. Do you think Rey would do as well against Vader than Luke did on Cloud City? Personally, I dont think so. This is a close match, but to me ESB Luke (especially after his Yoda training) is a bit too much for Rey (who clearly had some Force Epiphany at the end, which at this point is a bit unexplained).

Darth Martin
Luke. Easily. He's had actual training from Yoda on Dagobah. Not to mention a calm, collected, holding back Vader still dwarfs Renn.

Darth Thor
Luke was hanging upside down and was severely injured when he was calling to his Saber which seemed stuck in the snow.

Yes the scene was about his training as well, how he should close his eyes and connect to the Force, but it definitely wasn't the same situation as just casually calling his Saber to him under normal circumstances.

Any healed version of ESB Luke wins.

quanchi112
Rey definitely takes this.

Robtard
Have to go with Luke on this one, I don't think Rey could have done this well against Vader.

C-DeI3ohVbY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.