Will Disney ever remake the Star Wars OT eventually?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Now that Disney own the Lucasverse, will the original Star Wars trilogy ever get a full remake? It may take 20 to 30 years, but I wouldn't be very surprised at all if it happened.

However, that doesn't mean that I want it to happen in my lifetime.

Bardock42
On an infinite time scale I assume so. Say 20-30 years (depending on how well the franchise goes, of course) they may even do a full reboot.

I wonder if they would remake the PT or OT first.

Nephthys
Well they kinda just remade ANH.....

BruceSkywalker
I would not be at al surprised

Bentley
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well they kinda just remade ANH.....

Pretty much.

CPT Space Bomb
I don't think so. Not for a LONG time anyway.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Maybe when the CGI tech is so good that you can have the original actors, in their prime.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Maybe when the CGI tech is so good that you can have the original actors, in their prime. laughing out loud

Darth Martin
I hope not. The new movie was strikingly resembling of ANH as someone mentioned above. Their are so many avenues of EU to explore I don't see why they'd want to.

Astner
It would be better if they remade the prequel trilogy, preferably with little to no relations to the one George Lucas made.

quanchi112
Remaking anything is a bad idea. Go forward not backward. That along with rots being the best Star Wars film to date.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by quanchi112
Remaking anything is a bad idea. Go forward not backward.

agreed. after all, look how bad they screwed up star trek. wink

Silent Master
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
agreed. after all, look how bad they screwed up star trek. wink

Especially Khan. wink

quanchi112
agreed. after all, look how bad they screwed up star trek. wink They didn't remake it they gave us an alternate universe which makes the old one look like complete shit.

NuTrek >>>Old Trek.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by quanchi112
They didn't remake it they gave us an alternate universe which makes the old one look like complete shit.

NuTrek >>>Old Trek.

nah, it was a remake. just not a full reboot.

quanchi112
nah, it was a remake. just not a full reboot. A remake isn't bringing an older Spock from the previous universe. It wasn't a remake. A remake is the new nightmare on elm street.

StiltmanFTW
I hope not.

Time-Immemorial
Hell no they better not.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Don't mess with the classics.

Q99
Hm... I can't see why they would. PT remakes are more likely than OT remakes...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Q99
Hm... I can't see why they would. PT remakes are more likely than OT remakes...

Nah. Because if they remade the PT it would revamp a lot of the current established Canon, so they'd just end up remaking the whole thing.

CPT Space Bomb
I'm just glad the prequels were so bad Lucas gave up the rights to Star Wars. What we have going forward is better because of it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I'm just glad the prequels were so bad Lucas gave up the rights to Star Wars. What we have going forward is better because of it.

The Prequels were 10 years ago. So I doubt Lucas selling the rights 3 years ago, really had anything to do with them. He was done with Star Wars either way. Him selling it was simply his final gift to the fans.

And again for all the talk of "How bad the Prequels" apparently were, they've clearly not damaged the franchise 1 bit looking at the OW of TFA being the biggest opening in history.

So yeah, not even a Tiny little bit.

CPT Space Bomb
Lucas admitted the main reason he was finished on Star Wars is due to all the criticism that the prequels brought him. He wanted to do more creative things (Jar Jar Binks) and was ridiculed for it. So he sold the rights. I'll trade Jar Jar for BB-8 anyday.

batman
I hope not.

batman
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Nah. Because if they remade the PT it would revamp a lot of the current established Canon, so they'd just end up remaking the whole thing.

Agreed!!

quanchi112
Lucas admitted the main reason he was finished on Star Wars is due to all the criticism that the prequels brought him. He wanted to do more creative things (Jar Jar Binks) and was ridiculed for it. So he sold the rights. I'll trade Jar Jar for BB-8 anyday. Star Wars is better in Disney's hands.

queeq
Lucas admitted the main reason he was finished on Star Wars is due to all the criticism that the prequels brought him. He wanted to do more creative things (Jar Jar Binks) and was ridiculed for it. So he sold the rights. I'll trade Jar Jar for BB-8 anyday.

Me too.

And I still waiting for those small, independent art films he was so adamant about making. And here we are... 11 years later.

Sorry, George... I don't get it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by queeq

And I still waiting for those small, independent art films he was so adamant about making. And here we are... 11 years later.

He's too busy counting his Billions.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He's too busy counting his Billions. The guy is lazy. He talks a lot. He sold the rights and still ballyhooed over it. Give it up, George. It's over.

Khazra Reborn
They'll probably re-make them, with some unapologetic Mary-Sue as the lead.

Oh wait...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
They'll probably re-make them, with some unapologetic Mary-Sue as the lead.

Oh wait...

laughing out loud

queeq
There's Mary-Sue again. Max Landis sure made his mark on movie history.

jinXed by JaNx
I think they should remake the OT but make it as modern and politically correct as possible. The OT is outdated and racist. Also, have the Wu-tang clan do the score.

BruceSkywalker
well it could happen now since its been revealed that Star Wars movies won't be going away

ares834
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I think they should remake the OT but make it as modern and politically correct as possible. The OT is outdated and racist. Also, have the Wu-tang clan do the score.

Not sure if serious.

queeq
Don't meddle with movie history. Lucas did enough of that already.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.