Heat Vision vs. Lightning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadowFyre
Pretty straightforward. Thor's lightning vs. Superman/Zod's heatvision.

I'm a known Thor fan but I'm on the ropes on this one. They both seem to be about the same temperature as both have sliced right through steel and alien metal. Which do you think is more powerful or versatile? Ones a line of sight that can focus, the other can kind of come from anywhere but like lightning kind of shoots off of its own accord. Anyway, thoughts?

Arachnid1
I don't think Iron Man could handle heat vision like lightning, so I want to say that. At the same time though, he probably only handled it because he could absorb it. It's a tough call, but I think Thors lightning has better feats thus far.

ShadowFyre
Thanks. Which would you rather have? This whole thing may change when the new movie comes out, looks like theyre gonna use the hv more heavily.

ShadowFyre
Yeah, the Iron Man thing, IM's lasers couldnt cut the leviathan but Thors lightning sliced right through it. And it was slicing ultron bots when it should have charged it up.

Silent Master
Thor's lighting currently has the better feats.

Scoobless
Also, using the HV seemed to drain/hurt Kal a little in MOS.
Thor, on the other hand, could call down lightning all day without exerting himself.

ShadowFyre
The heat vision did seem to tax him a bit. I like how much control the Kryptonians have though, with being able to focus it and perform surgery. Thor trying to replicate that feat on Lois wouldnt have ended so well. Would have been funny though.

Scoobless
Not really "surgery", he just cauterised a wound, I could do the same thing with a blowtorch

*heads down to the hospital via the hardware store*

EmperorSidious2
Lightning

quanchi112
Lightning wins.

Surtur
Though in comics he has indeed performed surgery with his HV. But yeah Thor destroyed a city with lightning.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thor's lighting currently has the better feats.

Can you remind me of all of the feats?

Silent Master
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Can you remind me of all of the feats?

Two examples would be the Jotunheim buster and when he took out multiple leviathans.

ShadowFyre
Also Sokovia. But if you had a choice between the two powers. Which would you think would be more useful in todays workd and you were only one with that capability?

Scoobless
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Also Sokovia. But if you had a choice between the two powers. Which would you think would be more useful in todays workd and you were only one with that capability?

Pretty sure I'd accidentally kill myself with either one (probably as I slept)

Silent Master
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Lightning, far more useful.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Scoobless
Pretty sure I'd accidentally kill myself with either one (probably as I slept)

Yeah...I'd need an off switch every time I drank. "Look what I can do!".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.