NASA Study on Global Warming

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Burning fossil fuels cools the planet.

Of coarse the drive by liberal media in America won't post this.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/628524/Climate-change-shock-Burning-fossil-fuels-COOLs-planet-says-NASA

Robtard
LoL, TI. Good one.

But the main point of the story is about current models being too simplistic in accurately determining climate change.

The concern is that current models won't tell us how bad climate change could get, because some human caused cooling affects haven't been factored in correctly into the model.

"The study found existing models for climate change had been too simplistic and did not account for these factors." -snip

"But, rather than being good news, NASA has concluded the lack of taking these factors into account means existing climate change models have underestimated at the future impact on global temperatures will be."-snip

"Because earlier studies do not account for what amounts to a net cooling effect for parts of the northern hemisphere, predictions for TCR and ECS have been lower than they should be." -snip

"This means that Earth's climate sensitivity to carbon dioxide—or atmospheric carbon dioxide's capacity to affect temperature change—has been underestimated, according to the study." -snip

"If you've got a systematic underestimate of what the greenhouse gas-driven change would be, then you’re systematically underestimating what’s going to happen in the future when greenhouse gases are by far the dominant climate driver." -snip

Time-Immemorial
Glad we agree.

-Pr-
Really not sure what the point of this thread is. If anything, the article makes things sound even worse.

Q99
A classic example of Time not reading the whole thing.

To phrase it another way, it's saying that this overlooked factor is masking part of the change-going-on and means the long term situation is worse.

snowdragon
I thought this was in interesting response to the article though in the comments section of said article:

"How long will it be before the left decries this as junk science. When in truth, ALLL of the global warming science is based on climate models on computers, where the programers just input the data they want to get the result they want. Thats the real junk science.

I had spoken with a climate scientist who was being interviewed on a local radio station and posed this question to him...Is it possible that any variance in the climate temperature over the last 100 years, (1 tenth of 1 degree Celsius), is actually more a response of the more accurate measurements of the temperature due to more accurate measuring devices? More modern technology responding to more accurate measurements being the difference. He had to acknowledge that this was a factual argument, plus he admitted we now have satellites that can accurately measure the temperature throughout the atmosphere which was not available 100 years ago. This was a climate scientist admitting this. "

By: dannyo663

We should be more concerned with the massize amounts of trash/toxicity in our water over climate change.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by -Pr-
Really not sure what the point of this thread is. If anything, the article makes things sound even worse.

Glad we agree on this as well.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Glad we agree on this as well.

Can't see that happening.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by -Pr-
Can't see that happening.

Quit while you are ahead.

-Pr-
Quit while you are ahead.

If I'm ahead, why would I do that? Did you read the article?

Time-Immemorial
No I didn't.

I just read the headline

"BURNING fossil fuels and cutting down trees causes global COOLING, a shock new NASA study has found."

I guess the headline is lying and in the article they change their position.

The writer and editors should be shot if this is the case.

jaden101
No I didn't.

I just read the headline

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Agusto Pinochet
Global warming is a total fraud/scam.

Esau Cairn
No I didn't.

I just read the headline

Seems to happen here often too.

Y'know...misleading titles to threads.

Star428
Originally posted by Agusto Pinochet
Global warming is a total fraud/scam.

Exactly. But why bother trying to explain that to liberal progressives? Waste of time. They enjoy being ignorant. Ignorance is bliss.

Bardock42
So, seems like things are worse than even the liberals warned about, really awful that so many conservatives still deny it and do anything in their power to stop us dealing with it.

Thanks for sharing, TI, good find.

Star428
Originally posted by Star428
Exactly. But why bother trying to explain that to liberal progressives? Waste of time. They enjoy being ignorant. Ignorance is bliss.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Seems to happen here often too.

Y'know...misleading titles to threads.

I'm not to worried about it. This forum has come to a crawl and no one comes here anymore.

But go ahead and stress about being mislead for 3 seconds.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
So, seems like things are worse than even the liberals warned about, really awful that so many conservatives still deny it and do anything in their power to stop us dealing with it.

The headline says burning fossil fuels cools the planet. laughing out loud

bluewaterrider

1. Ignorance is often subjugation and misery.
2. If you truly value people, you will HAVE to learn to fight for them and the best ways of doing so, and saying "Why bother?" is not an option.
Because there are other people actively working against those you care about.

In regards to the OP's topic, the following might prove far more productive than an ad hominem attack:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0gDErDwXqhc

Robtard
No I didn't.

I just read the headline

"BURNING fossil fuels and cutting down trees causes global COOLING, a shock new NASA study has found."

I guess the headline is lying and in the article they change their position.

It's not lying or misleading though, the article goes on to explain things directly related to the cooling effects.

If you read the snippets I quoted for you, you'd get the gist of it. Or you could also choose to read the entire article, for the full monty.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Bardock42

This is a good find indeed.

As an American, I'm happy that the Paris agreements was a success, gives me hope not only for our great nation regarding climate change, but also the world.

Time-Immemorial
I bet you do nothing environmentally friendly in your daily life. No clue why you care about Paris agreement.

draxx_tOfU
laughing out loud

Q99
Can't actually come up with an argument? Make an attack at the poster!

Time-Immemorial
Again, your trying so hard.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
1. Ignorance is often subjugation and misery.
2. If you truly value people, you will HAVE to learn to fight for them and the best ways of doing so, and saying "Why bother?" is not an option.
Because there are other people actively working against those you care about.

In regards to the OP's topic, the following might prove far more productive than an ad hominem attack:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0gDErDwXqhc

Star428
http://www.express.co.uk/news/clarifications-corrections/526191/Climate-change-is-a-lie-global-warming-not-real-claims-weather-channel-founder

Pretty sure the founder of the Weather Channel is more knowledgeable about the reality of the situation than any liberal posting on this forum. thumb up

I also have to agree with Pat Sajak. He said this:

I now believe global warming alarmists are unpatriotic racists knowingly misleading for their own ends...-Pat Sajak (Wheel of Fortune game show host)

It's also costing us $4 billion dollars a day. It's sick how liberals are peddling this horseshit that is costing us so much money every single day.

NemeBro
http://www.express.co.uk/news/clarifications-corrections/526191/Climate-change-is-a-lie-global-warming-not-real-claims-weather-channel-founder

Pretty sure the founder of the Weather Channel is more knowledgeable about the reality of the situation than any liberal posting on this forum. thumb up John Coleman isn't a scientist.

Adam_PoE

Pretty sure the founder of the Weather Channel is more knowledgeable about the reality of the situation than any liberal posting on this forum. thumb up

I also have to agree with Pat Sajak. He said this:

I now believe global warming alarmists are unpatriotic racists knowingly misleading for their own ends...-Pat Sajak (Wheel of Fortune game show host)

It's also costing us $4 billion dollars a day. It's sick how liberals are peddling this horseshit that is costing us so much money every single day.

So you believe a retired journalist and a game show host know more about global climate change than the United States Armed Forces?

Time-Immemorial
Funny though people believe Obama when he says he's Christian though, even though all he talks about is Allah and his Muslim faith.

Star428
Funny though people believe Obama when he says he's Christian though, even though all he talks about is Allah and his Muslim faith.

Only the liberal sheep believes him, TI. Those of us who know how to use our brains know better. thumb up

Surtur
Global warming? It's such nonsense. Well it's 60 degree's here in Chicago, I'm going to go enjoy this perfectly natural weather. We are known for our warm winters.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Surtur
Global warming? It's such nonsense. Well it's 60 degree's here in Chicago, I'm going to go enjoy this perfectly natural weather. We are known for our warm winters.

You guys have nothing on Rochester, Minnesota.
Thought I was pretty hardy coming from Michigan and all the bad weather it brings. Stepped outside Mayo clinic at night with the equivalent of a heavy sports jacket. Going on a food run for a patient, or so I thought, but I nearly doubled over from pain before 30 seconds was up. Had to go back inside ...
Fingers were aching, midsection felt as if someone had struck me. Grasped it intellectually before then, of course, but I never TRULY understood a person could die from exposure to cold until that moment.
Man, if there's any place colder than THAT during the winter season, I NEVER want to go there ...

Omega Vision
Confirmation bias lol. You ignore all the times he mentions his Christian faith/talks about Christianity and even the time he sang Gospel in Charleston but hold up any instance of him mentioning Islam as proof he's a Muslim.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Right so his empty word mean more then his actual actions..

Why do you hate the idea of him being Muslim?

Star428
You're right, TI. Actions speak louder than words and it's clear judging by his actions that he is a muslim.

Esau Cairn
You're right, TI. Actions speak louder than words and it's clear judging by his actions that he is a muslim.

Did you know the "M" in KMC really stands for Muslim?

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Killer Muslims

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, TI. Good one.

But the main point of the story is about current models being too simplistic in accurately determining climate change.

The concern is that current models won't tell us how bad climate change could get, because some human caused cooling affects haven't been factored in correctly into the model.

"The study found existing models for climate change had been too simplistic and did not account for these factors." -snip

"But, rather than being good news, NASA has concluded the lack of taking these factors into account means existing climate change models have underestimated at the future impact on global temperatures will be."-snip

"Because earlier studies do not account for what amounts to a net cooling effect for parts of the northern hemisphere, predictions for TCR and ECS have been lower than they should be." -snip

"This means that Earth's climate sensitivity to carbon dioxide—or atmospheric carbon dioxide's capacity to affect temperature change—has been underestimated, according to the study." -snip

"If you've got a systematic underestimate of what the greenhouse gas-driven change would be, then you’re systematically underestimating what’s going to happen in the future when greenhouse gases are by far the dominant climate driver." -snip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTt8IzilofM

Time-Immemorial
Rob what you think of the Paris deal?

Surtur

So is he a Muslim or the Anti-Christ or both?

Time-Immemorial
The anti Christ is supposed to be from the line of Ishmael so he would be Muslim.

Van Hohenheim
It should actually be global change, not global warming.
Basically the climate of the Earth is changing dramatically, in just a few years. It might not be enough to kill us but I don't think you (or future generations) want to adjust to a different environment.

Esau Cairn
laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Killer Muslims

What the...DAMMIT!!!

I only joined because I thought it was Kinky Muslims...

Star428
The anti Christ is supposed to be from the line of Ishmael so he would be Muslim.

Surtur said something about me claiming he was the anti-Christ didn't he? LOL. For ****'s sake, I NEVER claimed he was the Anti-Christ. Ever.

Surtur
Surtur said something about me claiming he was the anti-Christ didn't he? LOL. For ****'s sake, I NEVER claimed he was the Anti-Christ. Ever.

No, I asked if he was a Muslim or the Anti-Christ. Though you did go out of your way to post a topic with a video about him being the AC and claiming it "had you wondering".

It's like you can't really decide what type of super villain he is supposed to be. Sometimes he is stupid, other times he is some evil mastermind out to destroy America.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Agusto Pinochet
Again I keep telling people this Global warming dosint exist. The earths climate has been changing for THOUSANDS of years. Makes zero sense how they tell u to pay a shitton of taxes to save the environment makes legit no sense.

I'm all for taking care of the environment and for conservation of land but global warming is a total anti-industrialization scam. We should be building a ton of nuclear power plants which is good for the environment and creates mad jobs.

Star428
Again I keep telling people this Global warming dosint exist. The earths climate has been changing for THOUSANDS of years. Makes zero sense how they tell u to pay a shitton of taxes to save the environment makes legit no sense.

I'm all for taking care of the environment and for conservation of land but global warming is a total anti-industrialization scam. We should be building a ton of nuclear power plants which is good for the environment and creates mad jobs.

You're right, of course but you're wasting your time and energy trying to talk some sense into the progressive left. Hell, it seems like the left is allergic to common sense logic.

Agusto Pinochet
You're right, of course but you're wasting your time and energy trying to talk some sense into the progressive left. Hell, it seems like the left is allergic to common sense logic.

Exacley global warming is a total fraud/scam. How does paying taxes to the government help the environment makes NO SENSE.

jaden101

You're wrong saying it doesn't exist though. It IS happening. The reason it's a problem this time is because humans are living in fixed mainly coastal cities so the threat to life and way of life is far greater than at any other point in human history. People argue that the cost of tackling it is too great. Imagine the cost of relocating 3 billion people around the world and rebuilding cities for them to live in.

Here's a study abstract that was just for the US that says 400 American cities will end up below sea level.
http://m.pnas.org/content/112/44/13508.abstract

Robtard
To add to that, sea-levels are apparently rising at a higher rate than what was considered "average"

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

But hey, let us keep denying global climate change because someone can still make a snowball somewhere

Van Hohenheim
Exacley global warming is a total fraud/scam. How does paying taxes to the government help the environment makes NO SENSE.
If I were a lesser man, I would slap you across the face and proceed to block you ; once I figured out how to block.

But you're real lucky, mate. I'm better than that, instead I'll verbally abuse you and bully you mentally.

You're asking how preventing a catastrophe is worth a fraction of the time and energy (money) it would require us to stop it in the first place.
Is this a legitimate question or more ignonet talk, sir? Why don't you go live in Atlantis and tell us how you fare. Tell us how the economy is doing over there.

Agusto Pinochet
Originally posted by Van Hohenheim
If I were a lesser man, I would slap you across the face and proceed to block you ; once I figured out how to block.

But you're real lucky, mate. I'm better than that, instead I'll verbally abuse you and bully you mentally.

You're asking how preventing a catastrophe is worth a fraction of the time and energy (money) it would require us to stop it in the first place.
Is this a legitimate question or more ignonet talk, sir? Why don't you go live in Atlantis and tell us how you fare. Tell us how the economy is doing over there.

Global warming dosint exist lol. Their is no proof but Al Gores junk science bull shit. The earths climate has BEEN CHANGING for THOUSANDS of years the ice age etc. Thats common knowledge. Its a total scam like GLOBAL COOLING in the 1960s and 1970s which was "supported" by most "smart people" yet was proven to be a TOTAL HOAX. Thats punk science.

Mad dumb they just switched the names cooling & warming lol its a total scam to get you to pay Al Gore money and turn off our power plants. Biggest joke ever.

Agusto Pinochet
Originally posted by Robtard
To add to that, sea-levels are apparently rising at a higher rate than what was considered "average"

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

But hey, let us keep denying global climate change because someone can still make a snowball somewhere

Climate changes all the time throughout history.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.