Steve Harvey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
I love this guy, he turns accident into success.

This is a man who everyone should aspire to be.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_mV_1dLumh/?fb_action_ids=10154471512951393&fb_action_types=instapp%3Atake&fb_ref=ogexp&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B1318269001531819%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22instapp%3Atake%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%22ogexp%22%5D&fb_collection_id=486228154733719&ref=profile

Omega Vision
From what I understand, part of the responsibility is on the teleprompter for the mistake.

Time-Immemorial
That and the card he was reading was a complete disaster.

AsbestosFlaygon
If it was not his fault, and the card and teleprompters are indeed wrong, then he deserves to compensated for the humiliation and backlash he received.

But if it was entirely his fault (which I believe it is, because he even admitted it during the show), then there's no excuse about it. He messed up, and should not host any other event, especially events as big as this where it is aired globally.

Everyone in my country hates him right now, because he ruined the moment for our contestant. Do you know the backlash this did to Columbians to the Philippines? They've been saying crazy racial shit in social media after this happened.

Surtur
Who cares either way? It's Miss Universe. People are more upset over this then actual important issues going on. It reminds me of when everyone whined over Cecil the lion being shot. Now we have something else completely irrelevant we can fume about.

Adam Grimes
Yeah, let the people be robots.

Esau Cairn
Conspiracy rumours are saying it was deliberately done to bring focus on the ailing Miss Universe franchise, especially without Trump no longer financially backing it.

Another article even claimed the judges never voted for Miss Phillipines.

Surtur
Plus don't call it Miss Universe it is silly, you can't rep the universe. Call it Miss Earth. For all we know there are some fine ass females 10 trillion lightyears away that blow away any Earth female.

Lucius
Originally posted by Surtur
Plus don't call it Miss Universe it is silly, you can't rep the universe. Call it Miss Earth. For all we know there are some fine ass females 10 trillion lightyears away that blow away any Earth female.

Are they blue? I'll bet you ten bucks that any super hot alien space females, will have blue skin.

Henry_Pym
It was Steve Harvey not memorizing the card, he showed it to the Camera.

I like and have a lot of respect for the guy, but he made a big mistake.

Surtur
People are acting like this is a doctor who accidentally told the parents their child is alive and well when it is actually dead.

Originally posted by Lucius
Are they blue? I'll bet you ten bucks that any super hot alien space females, will have blue skin.

If I've learned anything from Star Trek they will be green.

Mindset
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Everyone in my country hates him right now, because he ruined the moment for our contestant. Do you know the backlash this did to Columbians to the Philippines? They've been saying crazy racial shit in social media after this happened.
Sounds like you live in a country full of idiots. thumb up

AsbestosFlaygon
Who cares either way? It's Miss Universe. People are more upset over this then actual important issues going on. It reminds me of when everyone whined over Cecil the lion being shot. Now we have something else completely irrelevant we can fume about.
Some of these girls had to adhere to strict regimens just to get the perfect body, movements, poise, etc. You have no idea what some of them have been through. Not to mention, this competition is widely regarded as the creme de la creme of beauty pageants. It isn't your typical backyard fashion/prom night competition.

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Conspiracy rumours are saying it was deliberately done to bring focus on the ailing Miss Universe franchise, especially without Trump no longer financially backing it.

Another article even claimed the judges never voted for Miss Phillipines.
See what I mean? Her win will forever be tainted as a "conspiracy", because of this "minor" slip-up by Steve Harvey. Did you see the reactions by the contestants and by Miss Colombia towards Miss Philippines? You see their true colors shine through after the mishap. I feel bad (a bit) for Pia because the truth is, she crushed the competition. It was literally a no-contest (BTW, I was rooting for Miss USA too, of course, even though she had some plastic surgery done on her.)

Originally posted by Mindset
Sounds like you live in a country full of idiots. thumb up
Not being self-depreciating, but unfortunately, yes that's sorta true. Not all of them though. It might be because most of my countrymen are very nationalistic, and feel very oppressed by foreigners. It's a typical "3rd world country problem". No different to most Latin American and African countries.

Surtur
Some of these girls had to adhere to strict regimens just to get the perfect body, movements, poise, etc. You have no idea what some of them have been through. Not to mention, this competition is widely regarded as the creme de la creme of beauty pageants. It isn't your typical backyard fashion/prom night competition.

This all might be true, but it still just comes off as silly the way some are reacting. I saw people calling for Harvey's head. Over a beauty competition.

I get they work hard, but to what end? At the end of the day they just want to be hotter then everyone else. I understand certain countries take these things quite seriously, but people are acting like they just got an HIV diagnosis or something.

AsbestosFlaygon
This all might be true, but it still just comes off as silly the way some are reacting. I saw people calling for Harvey's head. Over a beauty competition.

I get they work hard, but to what end? At the end of the day they just want to be hotter then everyone else. I understand certain countries take these things quite seriously, but people are acting like they got an HIV diagnosis or something.
Well, you're right about those. laughing out loud

It is a big issue for some, though. Like I said, my countrymen are very nationalistic. They wanted this win to be a fair one. But because of what happened, it's as if it was rigged. It shouldn't have been, if Steve Harvey didn't make the mistake. Colombians started badmouthing Pia and Filipinos in general in social media (you know how Latinos react when they lose in anything related to them, like boxing, soccer, etc.), then the Filipinos reacted back. Then it eventually blew up. Shitty conspiracies started popping up.

Bardock42
Maybe we can just take this for good and finally delete beauty pageants from existence.

Mindset
Well, you're right about those. laughing out loud

It is a big issue for some, though. Like I said, my countrymen are very nationalistic. They wanted this win to be a fair one. But because of what happened, it's as if it was rigged. It shouldn't have been, if Steve Harvey didn't make the mistake. Colombians started badmouthing Pia and Filipinos in general in social media (you know how Latinos react when they lose in anything related to them, like boxing, soccer, etc.), then the Filipinos reacted back. Then it eventually blew up. Shitty conspiracies started popping up. Hopefully, Steve Harvey started WW3.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Mindset
Hopefully, Steve Harvey started WW3.
Obama started it when he failed to eliminate ISIS.

Adam Grimes
You ruined the fun.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
Maybe we can just take this for good and finally delete beauty pageants from existence.

Just because you can't accept beauty in a woman, don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Mindset
Obama started it when he failed to eliminate ISIS. Oh, are they not the same person?

My bad.

Esau Cairn

If I've learned anything from Star Trek they will be green.

And Captain Kirk's sloppy seconds.

Stringer
Who gives a shit

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Stringer
TI, what did you think of the new star wars?

DarthAnt66
I feel really bad for Steve.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Stringer
TI, what did you think of the new star wars?

Loved it

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Stringer
Who gives a shit
I bet if this happened to Miss USA, you'd give a shit.

Surtur
I doubt most Americans could tell you who Miss USA even is and what state she is from.

AsbestosFlaygon
uVSlKPBKIo4
Why am I not surprised?

Time-Immemorial
Can't see it

AsbestosFlaygon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVSlKPBKIo4

Time-Immemorial
Locals misbehaving.

AsbestosFlaygon
Misbehaving? It's stupidity. Colombians are sore losers. Even their tranny candidate couldn't accept her/his defeat. Regardless, I hope she/he moves on from this ordeal and all of her/his fans stop opening their damn mouths. This is just fuel to the flame. Let it die, it's been 2 weeks already.

Surtur
I swear you'd think these people thought Steve Harvey murdered Miss Colombia live on tv. They act like he announced a winner and then many weeks later suddenly caught onto his mistake.

Hell Trump was even throwing out ideas like "oh the two should share the crown". You see because Trump has apparently somehow never met a single female in his life to think that would be a good idea.

Adam_PoE
Hell Trump was even throwing out ideas like "oh the two should share the crown". You see because Trump has apparently somehow never met a single female in his life to think that would be a good idea.

Why should Ms. Philippines have to share her rightfully-won title with the first runner-up because the host made a mistake? That is not fair to her. If anything, the pageant should also award Ms. Columbia first place prize money for her embarrassment, but not the crown.

AsbestosFlaygon
Trump says stupid things sometimes. I will forgive him with this blunder. The results of this pageant is something we should not be worried about. We should be dealing with the problems we have now, namely Islamic terrorism and cop/school/mall shootings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.