Darth Vader (Canon) vs. Anakin Skywalker [SABERS ONLY]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Darth Vader as of Rebels, Anakin as of Revenge of the Sith. Battle takes place on the Invisible Hand.

Emperordmb
Vader, greater physical capabilities, greater strength in the force, and more time to refine his skill.

EmperorSidious2
Vader can take anything Anakin can throw at him and based off of what we know he can take Anakin.

BruceSkywalker
so Vader versus himself big grin

|King Joker|
big grin big grin big grin big grin

DarthAnt66
Skywalker raped Dooku. He wins.

The Merchant
Well in Lords of the Sith he pretty much says his connection to the Force is stronger than it was before.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Skywalker raped Dooku. He wins.
Sidious>>Dooku
Sidious>Anakin
Vader>Sidious

It's #Canon.

|King Joker|
Vader >/= Ahsoka > Sidious > Anakin >> Dooku > Kenobi > Maul > Asajj > Savage > the rest of the mythos

DarthAnt66
I've seen worse lists. ^

|King Joker|
evry other list created is worse bae my list is literallyperfection

DarthAnt66
no thats u <3

|King Joker|
https://41.media.tumblr.com/f497d313cc2a9c69aadbea9c24d29d97/tumblr_inline_nxwcp7a7pg1s8zbfz_540.png

Kurk
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Sidious>>Dooku
Sidious>Anakin
Vader>Sidious

It's #Canon.
Dooku was told to hold back by Sidious. Otherwise he would've TKed the s*** out of him.

DarthAnt66
Sad part is I can't tell if you're serious or not.

NTJack0
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140324041430/p__/protagonist/images/d/dd/Saitama_OK.jpg

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Kurk
Dooku was told to hold back by Sidious. Otherwise he would've TKed the s*** out of him.
He stopped holding back almost immediately, lulz.

McP
Anakin

carthage
Will hold off on this one until we see more of Vader's saber abilities in canon

Rebel95
Vader

cs_zoltan
Based on the Death Star duel with Ben I'd say Anakin wins.

Kurk
I honestly think RotS Anakin could take this for a slight majority. Vader lost a lot of mobility and only regained some of it through the force.

quanchi112
Rots Anakin wins.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Kurk
Vader lost a lot of mobility and only regained some of it through the force.
LOTS seems to think differently

quanchi112
Originally posted by Emperordmb
LOTS seems to think differently Do you see anything in the novel ?

Darth Thor

The suit is confirmed to reduce his speed in source books.

But his increased power in The Force may make up that difference.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
The suit is confirmed to reduce his speed in source books.

But his increased power in The Force may make up that difference. We see it on film and in the rebels series that the suit decreases his mobility time. The source books are not necessary.

Syndicate
Anakin.

quanchi112
Look at you people coming around when I've said this for months now.

Emperordmb
Huge difference between saying he loses to Anakin and saying he loses to the majority of opponents he could find himself up against.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by quanchi112
Look at you people coming around when I've said this for months now.

Just about everyone who's posted a response here thusfar has held the same opinion for a lot longer than a few months.

Anakin wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Just about everyone who's posted a response here thusfar has held the same opinion for a lot longer than a few months.

Anakin wins. I was saying that to be modest. I've always said the suit makes Vader slower. I heard many people disagree to which I laughed. I'm right as always.

NewGuy01
I don't think I've ever heard anyone here claim that Vader is faster than Anakin, tbh.

FreshestSlice
>responding to quan seriously in almost 2016

quanchi112
I don't think I've ever heard anyone here claim that Vader is faster than Anakin, tbh. When I've cited his lack of movement speed and how much slower he became post suit I'd hear about nonsense about how powerful he was. Glad to hear you've come around.

quanchi112
>responding to quan seriously in almost 2016 Yeah, this place needs to be deader. Good point, guy.

NewGuy01

Almosts don't cut it.

Emperordmb
Slower than Anakin =/= Slow AF mother ****er who would get stomped by any other decent Sith/Jedi or Khan

You seem to fail to grasp the concept that relatively slow when compared with Anakin is a far cry from just being plain slow when compared with anyone.

|King Joker|
Slower than Anakin =/= Slow AF mother ****er who would get stomped by any other decent Sith/Jedi or Khan

You seem to fail to grasp the concept that relatively slow when compared with Anakin is a far cry from just being plain slow when compared with anyone. Originally posted by FreshestSlice

Emperordmb
It became ridiculous long before now

|King Joker|
Then why does it still happen sad

quanchi112

You seem to fail to grasp the concept that relatively slow when compared with Anakin is a far cry from just being plain slow when compared with anyone. I never said he was as slow as a zombie I said his speed diminished big time. We see him struggle against Luke with his movement speed.

I don't think Vader loses to Dooku who is a decent Sith Lord. Khan is portrayed on a higher level and can easily tear through ships, Klingons, and had Spock, Uhura, and Kirk at his mercy. That's neither here nor there as Vader just isn't a quick mover these days.

quanchi112
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Then why does it still happen sad This place is dead, sunshine.

quanchi112
It became ridiculous long before now wink

EmperorSidious2

This. Vader has sprint speed and combat speed. He can deflect blaster bolts, leave, after images, move so fast as he appears to teleport IIRC, he outran a holding back Sidious, and has kept up with many agile and speedy opponents throughout the purge.

NewGuy01
Doesn't make him as fast as Anakin...?

cs_zoltan
Doesn't make him as fast as Anakin...?

Early Vader was blitzing Knights and Masters, and appeared to teleport to a rage and holocron amped Ferus Olin. He is faster than Anakin.

DarthAnt66
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

AncientPower
Anakin wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Early Vader was blitzing Knights and Masters, and appeared to teleport to a rage and holocron amped Ferus Olin. He is faster than Anakin. Be serious. Anakin is a lot faster than Vader.

EmperorSidious2
Vader's prime is still ROTJ correct. I've been seeing post saying that Dave Filoni stated that Rebels was Vader's prime.

ares834
Vader.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Vader's prime is still ROTJ correct. I've been seeing post saying that Dave Filoni stated that Rebels was Vader's prime.
Where is it said in canon that Vader's prime is RotJ?

DarthAnt66
IIRC the old ass ROTJ novel.

carthage
ROTJ novel but its probably been retconned as per Filoni's statement, (Didn't he say he was in his prime in rebels?)

Either way I think it only applies to Legends

Sinious
Anakin wins in pure sabers.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by carthage
ROTJ novel
Has to align with New canon, probably, which that statement doesn't.

cs_zoltan
Filoni is an imbecile tho.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Filoni is an imbecile tho.

It was Hidago who said that though. Not Filoni.

Trocity
Anakin.

Rebel95
I may be wrong but I believe it's stated somewhere that Vader improved his saber abilities after going into the suit. I'll try and find the exact quote.

Rebel95
Nevermind. It's stated that he incorporated all other forms of lightsaber combat along with djem so, but it's not actually stated that he was better than before.

Agusto Pinochet
Skywalker wins in sabers, in a force fight Vader wins. They said in the novel that Vader improved from ANH until ROTJ not that he was better than himself when he was Anakin.

NewGuy01
Nah, you're thinking of the quote from Fightsaber. In the RotJ novel Vader muses that he's more powerful than he's ever been.

That's only ambiguously canon, though.

Agusto Pinochet
Nah, you're thinking of the quote from Fightsaber. In the RotJ novel Vader muses that he's more powerful than he's ever been.

That's only ambiguously canon, though.

He is more powerful than he has ever been in the force.

Darth Thor
^ The Force is used in all aspects of combat. And LOTS canonically states Vader is more powerful on the Force than he ever was as Anakin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Vader's prime is still ROTJ correct. I've been seeing post saying that Dave Filoni stated that Rebels was Vader's prime. So ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.