Jedi Dooku vs TCW Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Sabers, Force, All out

Takes place in death star hanger.

Round 2: SoD Maul.

Dooku fanboys, UNITE!

quanchi112
Maul wins.

juggernaut74
We know nothing of Jedi Dooku now with the tossing aside of the EU amirite?

EmperorSidious2
Well it's defintlly hard to say. But we still have canon accolades to go off of. He did beat Windu in blade to blade sparring, Dooku still has the force edge since he was the as stated by Yoda most learned student in the ways of the force and the blade in the orders 25,000 year history, and he's younger so his physicals are better.

Overall while Dooku still wins its lower than what he would have won if this were Darth Tyranus.

Dooku-7/10 on both.

juggernaut74
Is any of that shit canon though?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Is any of that shit canon though?

The part where Yoda calls Dooku the Temple's greatest student is still canon. Confirmed in Absolutely Everything You Need to Know.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Darth Thor
The part where Yoda calls Dooku the Temple's greatest student is still canon. Confirmed in Absolutely Everything You Need to Know. Cool. I just want canon facts.

Dooku stomps Maul any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Emperordmb
Yeaaaaaaaaaaa... No.

ILS
Maul, Dooku doesn't really have any advantages at this stage in anything.

Emperordmb
I'd probably side Maul at this point as well.

SunRazer
Maul, probably 6-7/10. There's not that big of a difference between Jedi Dooku and Darth Tyranus.

EmperorSidious2
The part where Yoda calls Dooku the Temple's greatest student is still canon. Confirmed in Absolutely Everything You Need to Know.

Isn't him beating Mace canon now or is that now legends.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by SunRazer
Maul, probably 6-7/10. There's not that big of a difference between Jedi Dooku and Darth Tyranus. If Dooku had nothing to gain why would he waste his time going to the dark side?

SunRazer
Originally posted by juggernaut74
If Dooku had nothing to gain why would he waste his time going to the dark side?

I said there wasn't much of a difference, not that there was none. That's why Maul takes 6-7/10 against Jedi Dooku but only 3-5/10 against Darth Tyranus in my opinion.

I'm aware there's sources outright stating that he grew more powerful and increased in ability upon joining the Sith, despite the fact that he initially joined Palpatine for political reasons as opposed to wanting power.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by SunRazer
I said there wasn't much of a difference, not that there was none. That's why Maul takes 6-7/10 against Jedi Dooku but only 3-5/10 against Darth Tyranus in my opinion.

I'm aware there's sources outright stating that he grew more powerful and increased in ability upon joining the Sith, despite the fact that he initially joined Palpatine for political reasons as opposed to wanting power. He's the only canon darksider that has shown the ability to use force lightning to my knowledge(Other than Sidous). I've read that's an advanced Sith technique.

But as for the fight there really isn't anything to go by regarding Jedi Dooku.

So Maul wins by default I supoose.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Isn't him beating Mace canon now or is that now legends.

That's not canon for now.

McP
Dooku may be more powerful as a Sith Lord, but I'm not entirely sure if he's superior to his Jedi self as combatant. Jedi Dooku would be younger, perhaps stronger, stronger and with superior stamina. At this point he's already master and instructor of TK and Yoda's Order's greatest student.

Dooku should take this 6-8/10

EmperorSidious2
That's not canon for now.

Darn. I guess that means or infers that he could have bested him at one point being the orders best student.

ILS
Originally posted by McP
Dooku may be more powerful as a Sith Lord, but I'm not entirely sure if he's superior to his Jedi self as combatant. Jedi Dooku would be younger, perhaps stronger, stronger and with superior stamina. At this point he's already master and instructor of TK and Yoda's Order's greatest student.

Dooku should take this 6-8/10 He's been confirmed as improving as a Sith Lord, and even if he did have better physical attributes, which is dubious to begin with, that's not the kind of edge he needs against Maul; his physicals will always be inferior. As a Jedi he has no dueling or Force skill feats/hype to surpass Maul, so while he is a bit of an unknown I'm not ready to give him any kind of majority unless someone makes a great case for it.

ILS
Also, lol at a potential 7+/10. Sith Dooku doesn't even warrant that amount.

juggernaut74
Sith Dooku sh!ts all over Maul.

Kurk
I see a younger Dooku having an advantage over Tyranus just because the of the age advantage. Dooku doesn't seem to gain all that much from becoming a sith other than force lightning which Maul can block. Watching Anakin throttle Dooku on Naboo just shows how much of a disadvantage Dooku is at regarding Djem So and other powerhouse users. A younger Dooku still has the saber skills while also possessing better stamina and strength.

ILS
He's less powerful in the Force as a Jedi, which dictates everything, including all superhuman physical abilities. I'd be surprised if 70 year old Dooku was physically superior to his 83 year old self who grew in power.

Emperordmb
Dooku seems to think he's a greater combatant as a Sith Lord

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Dooku seems to think he's a greater combatant as a Sith Lord Maybe he's full of sh!t.

Emperordmb
He was confident enough to challenge Yoda to combat based on his combative improvement, so I'm sure there's a reason for that, even if his confidence is misplaced.

ILS
Just like your diaper rn

McP
Originally posted by ILS
He's less powerful in the Force as a Jedi, which dictates everything, including all superhuman physical abilities. I'd be surprised if 70 year old Dooku was physically superior to his 83 year old self who grew in power.

Hard to tell, depnds of a source. Obi-Wan for example, became weaker due to his age and lack of traning (he probably became more powerful Force user though).
Also, it was stated somewhere, that Yoda also lost some of his speed, stamina and Raw Power in The Force (TK at least) due to his age.

And - considering a newest canon's sources and all movies - it's safe to assume, that those "superhuman" physical abilities and feats are really overrated.
Kenobi and Windu with their superhuman's speed should blitz Jango. Maul, Kenobi and Ahsoka should blitz Vizsla. Bountyhunters should not beable to challange trained Force users. Dooku should blitz pirates as well, instead of beaing arrested by them. And Finn should not be able to hit Kylo.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Dooku seems to think he's a greater combatant as a Sith Lord

Because he is

Kurk
Originally posted by McP
Hard to tell, depnds of a source. Obi-Wan for example, became weaker due to his age and lack of traning (he probably became more powerful Force user though).
Also, it was stated somewhere, that Yoda also lost some of his speed, stamina and Raw Power in The Force (TK at least) due to his age.

And - considering a newest canon's sources and all movies - it's safe to assume, that those "superhuman" physical abilities and feats are really overrated.
Kenobi and Windu with their superhuman's speed should blitz Jango. Maul, Kenobi and Ahsoka should blitz Vizsla. Bountyhunters should not beable to challange trained Force users. Dooku should blitz pirates as well, instead of beaing arrested by them. And Finn should not be able to hit Kylo.

Emperordmb
Lords of the Sith, Sidious blitzing the B-team, Yoda flipping around and shit, Kylo Ren tanking a bowcaster shot, a dude in his eighties kicking younger dudes around in physical combat, etc. really seems to suggest force augmentation is still a thing.

Also, Dooku believes he's more powerful as a Sith, and until he does some really crazy shit as a Jedi that surpasses his Sith feats, we have absolutely no reason to not believe his assessment of his own abilities.

red8
Even Yoda says something along the lines of:

And as ILS stated previously, any physical edge a younger Dooku had over his Sith self would be completely irrelevant in this fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.