Tekken 7

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkstorm Zero
I do not know what to say except... 14ZpBnS4Kr0 This is easily a level 5 WTF moment for me. Akuma is going to be in the Tekken 7 expansion, as a canon, and playable character? Awsome... This rewrites the entire landscape of Tekken's storyline, in some ways good, in others not quite so good :P

cdtm
And he's not been announced in Street Fighter 5.

Cameo, or relocation?

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by cdtm
And he's not been announced in Street Fighter 5.

Cameo, or relocation?

More like a test drive for Tekken X Street Fighter (Namco's version)

Still, this will raise the hype for Tekken to unprecedented levels. They even incorporated Akuma into the story as far back as pre-Tekken 1.

Bro SMASH
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=598554&pagenumber=4

cdtm
Personally, I think they should just fold TxS into Tekken Tag Tournament 3.. TTT series is basically Tekkens version of Marvel vs Capcom anyways, throwing in everything but the kitchen sink and making everything awesome, with no restrictions on canon..

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by cdtm
Personally, I think they should just fold TxS into Tekken Tag Tournament 3.. TTT series is basically Tekkens version of Marvel vs Capcom anyways, throwing in everything but the kitchen sink and making everything awesome, with no restrictions on canon..

The only issue with that would be that TTT was strictly all Tekken IIRC, Although now that they have tied Akuma into official canon story.... I guess all bets are off.

dvampire
Haven't been playing much tekken lately, but Paul is still a good character out of the cast. They didn't change him much, he still have his old combos with new moves added. Probably still at the top of the tekken cast. His Phoenix Smasher is still one of the most dangerous moves to go up against (it's fast and very damaging). He also have good moves like the left, right combo, this combo can surprise a lot people and causes problem with the tekken cast if you add lk to the combo where he does a kick that hits mid. If you add that combo. With simple standing lk or JK, you can start mixing in some attacks that attack low to confuse your opponent.

Jmanghan
Jin > Heihachi as a fighter and a character. smile

StyleTime
Originally posted by dvampire
Haven't been playing much tekken lately, but Paul is still a good character out of the cast. They didn't change him much, he still have his old combos with new moves added. Probably still at the top of the tekken cast. His Phoenix Smasher is still one of the most dangerous moves to go up against (it's fast and very damaging). He also have good moves like the left, right combo, this combo can surprise a lot people and causes problem with the tekken cast if you add lk to the combo where he does a kick that hits mid. If you add that combo. With simple standing lk or JK, you can start mixing in some attacks that attack low to confuse your opponent.
Paul is great but newer folks have to avoid the trap of spamming Phoenix Smasher. It's pretty unsafe on block, although it doesn't appear that way visually.

Excellent for punishing people though.

dvampire
I'll probably go with heihachi being better than jin going by gameplay.

dvampire
Originally posted by StyleTime
Paul is great but newer folks have to avoid the trap of spamming Phoenix Smasher. It's pretty unsafe on block, although it doesn't appear that way visually.

Excellent for punishing people though.

Yeah he's quick and a damaging character. I think his 3 10 hit combo moves (numbers 58-60 on his move list can cause a lot of confusion towards your opponent if you memorize them and use properly. Sometimes it helps not to put in the full combo if you know it all, and just do a grab or some other move. Forward plus lk can counter your opponent if they attack high I find that goes well with his standing hk.

StyleTime
Originally posted by dvampire
I'll probably go with heihachi being better than jin going by gameplay.
At high levels? I don't know about that. Most pros rank Jin above Heihachi currently, although Heihachi's recent buffs put them closer together.

dvampire
I find that moves like "Iron hand" gives him an advantage, it can surprise your opponent through most attacks, just like Paul. Heihachi's eishomon has good range, comes out quick, and attack low, so it's very good to mix it with his 3 hit combos like lp, HP, HP, or lp, lp, HP. Jin is a bit slower, and his combos can be memorized by your opponent if you play him often, but he has combos that ends with attack low, which is why I say they can reflexively block given time. Heihachi's 10 hit combo 1 (number 65) doesn't have to be completed, just input the buttons up until he 4 hits. So it goes, forward, forward, HP, lp, HP, HP...most people will find that heihachi comes at them fast without them being able to do anything but block, then you can just throw or do another attack.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.