Would the next generation of TCW Jedi have surpassed the Council?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
This thread is focused solely on Padawans/Knights that came to age during the Clone wars. With names like Ahsoka Tano, Darsha Assant, Barriss Offee, Nahdar Vebb, and others- do you think the next crop of Jedi would've grown to be more skilled than the masters that fought the Clone wars? How would they have been different in training than their masters as a result of the Clone wars?

|King Joker|
I'm sure they would. The Clone Wars was the perfect environment for Jedi to hone / develop their skills and become more experienced, and thus it would logically have resulted in more skilled Jedi in the long run due to the heavier focus on combat the Jedi Masters placed in their Padawans' training and the constant battles the Padawans were fighting in.

DarthAnt66
No. The council during that era is a massive outlier for the rest of galactic history.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No. The council during that era is a massive outlier for the rest of galactic history.

ILS
Anakin would have surpassed Yoda, with Luke and Leia on the way.. Ahsoka, Barriss, Darsha showed good promise for their young age. Yeah, I can see it being a competitive era.

Fated Xtasy
Yeah, they would have. Padawans like Ahsoka would be incredibly valuable as councilors. Darsha showed great promise. Jax Pavan would be great, Ferus Olin as well. Anakin and such.

Not sure about Nahdar or Barriss, I see them as a growing up to be Vrook and Atris of their era.

Emperordmb
I don't really see Nahdar amounting to anything extraordinary.

ILS
He rekt mad Magnas tbh whereas Ti struggles with one imho plus Grievous needed to cheat to beat him

Q99

I disagree. It was good, but the difference wasn't that huge, and the main difference was itself in a few outliers.

Lord Stark

It was, but Grand Master Anakin + Master Luke Skywalker, Master Leia Skywalker, Master Ahsoka Tano would have been god tier. + Even Kanan had a good amount of potential.

I'd say it could at least rivaled them.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Stark
It was, but Grand Master Anakin + Master Luke Skywalker, Master Leia Skywalker, Master Ahsoka Tano would have been god tier. + Even Kanan had a good amount of potential.

I'd say it could at least rivaled them.

Kanan's already beating Inquisitors. Another decade with Master Depa and, yea, he'd be ready to move into her chair.

Here's another name for you: Rivi Anu.

Agusto Pinochet
No way.

The Ellimist
This is actually an interesting thread, which demonstrates that even the lowest intellect individuals can occasionally produce gems of intellectual output.

I'd say it depends on how you evaluate whether they've "surpassed" them. You seem to be talking only about power. So what, are we looking at the most powerful member? The mean? The median? If Anakin stays in the order, he obviously becomes the GOAT, but he intended to leave anyway. If Anakin stays in the order and his kids also become Jedi, then obviously the new council will become the super-GOAT - oh oops, discounted from OP. In that case, I'd say that while Anakin could've surpassed everyone, it's less clear for the others. None of the others seem to have the potential to surpass the likes of Yoda or Windu. Maybe some, like Ahsoka, could've passed Obi Wan. So you might have a greater median level of power, but without Anakin, nobody to really replicate Yoda/Windu. As DarthAnt66 said, they're kind of outliers.

Rockydonovang
definitely

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by The Ellimist
This is actually an interesting thread, which demonstrates that even the lowest intellect individuals can occasionally produce gems of intellectual output.

I'd say it depends on how you evaluate whether they've "surpassed" them. You seem to be talking only about power. So what, are we looking at the most powerful member? The mean? The median? If Anakin stays in the order, he obviously becomes the GOAT, but he intended to leave anyway. If Anakin stays in the order and his kids also become Jedi, then obviously the new council will become the super-GOAT - oh oops, discounted from OP. In that case, I'd say that while Anakin could've surpassed everyone, it's less clear for the others. None of the others seem to have the potential to surpass the likes of Yoda or Windu. Maybe some, like Ahsoka, could've passed Obi Wan. So you might have a greater median level of power, but without Anakin, nobody to really replicate Yoda/Windu. As DarthAnt66 said, they're kind of outliers.
surpassing yoda, nah, but why not windu?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.