Glory Vs Illyria

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
From Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 5 and Angel season 5 respectively.

Which Goddess would take the win in a fight to the death?

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/Scoobless/GI.jpg

(TV feats only, nothing from the comics)

Mindset
Which Illyria?

Full powered would definitely win.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Mindset
Which Illyria?

Full powered would definitely win. This

Illyria was OP af

NemeBro
Glory's physical feats were almost certainly considerably superior to Illyria's, even before Illyria's powers were drained for her survival.

What do you mean by "full-powered", though? Her Old One form (which only has feats in the comics and is thus not allowed), or just before she had her powers weakened?

Either way, Glory was basically invulnerable to everything the party did to her before Buffy wielded Olaf the Troll God's hammer. Illyria does have her time manipulation to overcome any physical disadvantage though, and perhaps more importantly she's a far better fighter.

Martian_mind
Illyria takes this.

Mindset
Originally posted by NemeBro
Glory's physical feats were almost certainly considerably superior to Illyria's, even before Illyria's powers were drained for her survival.

What do you mean by "full-powered", though? Her Old One form (which only has feats in the comics and is thus not allowed), or just before she had her powers weakened?

Either way, Glory was basically invulnerable to everything the party did to her before Buffy wielded Olaf the Troll God's hammer. Illyria does have her time manipulation to overcome any physical disadvantage though, and perhaps more importantly she's a far better fighter. Illryia can manipulate time and teleport people through time and space.

She did this in the show iirc.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mindset
Illryia can manipulate time and teleport people through time and space.

She did this in the show iirc.

She did a little, but Glory also showed speedster like feats that could potentially cancel out the time dilation as an advantage. And being teleported only seemed to piss her off when Willow and Tara BFRd her during the hospital fight scene (and left her free falling from hundreds of feet in the air, which she survived without injury)

I started this thread because I've been rewatching BTVS, i'm in the middle of season 5 and started noticing a lot of similarities between these two ladies; both ex-gods, both trapped in human form, both lost a ton of power, both really old... both kinda hot....

At first I thought they were evenly matched. Now I'm starting to convince myself Glory would win.

Surtur
Illyria never teleported people through time and space, at least not on purpose. She could just slow time and then open up a portal to another dimension and toss Glory in. But then this is a fight to the death.

I just hate the troll god thing though. It was Anya's ex husband who was turned into a troll, but suddenly 10 episodes later he is a troll god. Just like Spike being able to barely lift the thing but Buffy easily can despite her never being that massively stronger then vampires.

Originally posted by Scoobless
She did a little, but Glory also showed speedster like feats that could potentially cancel out the time dilation as an advantage. And being teleported only seemed to piss her off when Willow and Tara BFRd her during the hospital fight scene (and left her free falling from hundreds of feet in the air, which she survived without injury)

Glory wasn't that crazy fast and keep in mind Angel got tossed out of a building and Illyria slowed time and was able to get all the way to the bottom floor and be exiting the building all before Angel had even hit the ground. Glory's speed won't help against that level of slow down.

Also remember when Glory was teleported away we never saw her land or saw what condition she was in immediately after she landed. She most likely wasn't hurt at all, but we don't know.

If you think about it the only way for Glory to win would be for her to kill Illyria before Illyria is able to do anything. This just flat out isn't going to happen though. Since given the level of slowdown her time dilation causes Glory really won't be able to land a hit once it gets activated...her speed isn't nearly insane enough to balance that out.

Plus like I said Illyria could technically toss Glory into another dimension from which she'd have no way of returning. Though she'd technically still be alive. Since one of the nastier dimensions in Buffy was still a place where Holtz and Connor could survive for over a decade so it's not likely she could send Glory somewhere that she couldn't survive. I'm not sure what her portal limits are, perhaps she could toss Glory back to her home dimension and let the two demon gods that exiled her kill her.

Scoobless
From what I remember of her portals, they were never shown to go beyond the building she was in and only within the same dimension (but it has been a long time since I watched Angel S5)

If we take the 2 "versions" of Illyria that appeared (time power Ill and time power locked Ill) it's two very different fights.

With time powers she could evade/redirect for a while, but would still have to come up with some way to hurt/kill Glory.
Without time powers she got wrecked by Adam Baldwin (Marcus) who was later killed by Angel one-on-one... so pretty much a non-fight.
So I guess the question is: how much offensive power did she show before her powers got nerfed?

Surtur
Remember she was able to rescue Gunn from the dimension the Senior Partners were holding him in. Also remember when Angel killed Hamilton it was only after he got amped up by feeding on his blood, prior to that Angel punched Hamilton and couldn't even budge him and would of lost had Connor not showed up.

Her strength feats aren't that major other then tossing people around from what I recall. Though even after she was weakened she could still punch hard enough to completely turn a dudes head to mush upon hitting it. I think she also might of physically stopped a car from moving after she was depowered. But this is why I suggested some kind of potential dimension dump. When Glory was harmed she had been wailed on with an enchanted hammer and prior to that exposed to an item specifically meant to weaken her so she isn't the easiest person to physically harm.

Martian_mind
I think Illyria's durability is being undersold here. Prior to being depowered, did we see anything come close to hurting/inconveniencing her? I mean, what can Glory do to put her down, exactly? Punching is all she has, and that won't be enough.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I think Illyria's durability is being undersold here. Prior to being depowered, did we see anything come close to hurting/inconveniencing her? I mean, what can Glory do to put her down, exactly? Punching is all she has, and that won't be enough.

She has the mind drain thingy she does to make people go insane.

Martian_mind
Did we ever see Glory use that on a demon? Let alone someone whose mind existed in three dimensions at once?

Also, didn't Glory get all messed up in the head if she didn't feed? I can see this fight dragging out long enough for that to actually be a factor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.