Paul Ryan's Budget Deal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
A bit late on this one, but- Paul Ryan's first budget deal was made earlier in the month.

This'll feed into the anti-establishment annoyance. Kick things off with overpromising and not keeping it isn't going to win fans... which is kinda a shame, because as one can see from the rest of the deal:

Lifting a real big 40-year ban is a fairly sizable thing. So Ryan did get a real compromise in exchange for passing the deal- as politics should work.

It's still shocking to me that they tried to not-renew it, and I'm glad they got re-shamed into doing so. Still, not politically costly to agree.

Another concession to the Republicans... kinda an odd one to go for.

TLbig grinR version:
The sides actually negotiated, none of the more over-the-top Republican promises that had been tossed around got implemented, and it required not following the Hastert rule to pass, but the Republicans did get an ok on oil exporting, and made some business tax breaks permanent on their side of the deal.

Time-Immemorial
They sold our kids into slavery with this deal. Of course you are happy here.

Chucj Schumer gloating about the passage.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/18/rush-cant-say-omnibus-is-a-good-deal-when-chuck-schumer-is-gloating-video/

Bardock42
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
They sold our kids into slavery with this deal.

Bit dramatic...

Surtur
Plus kids make the best slaves and their wills are easily broken and bonus: they don't eat much.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Q99
They sold our kids into slavery with this deal. Of course you are happy here.

You are such a drama hog smile

I wonder what'd happen if you were forced to respond to the reality of issues rather than the hyperbole of them...

This highlights something: What we actually have is what is known as a 'win-win,' both sides get stuff they want. Republicans are immediate distrustful because they don't believe in a win-win and they insist that if the Democrats are happy, it must somehow be bad for them.

It's a paranoid mindset. Accept your win!

Time-Immemorial
You don't even have a clue what you are talking about.

Q99
You don't even have a clue what you are talking about.

Care to actually explain your arguments? You like to complain about me making snide comments, but all you seem to do is come in, say you don't like something, and leave in a huff.

The Republicans got a lift of an oil export ban. How's that bad?

How's the budget deal- resorting, basically, the same form of budget we've had for years, mostly similar to the pre-Obama budget- 'selling our kids into slavery,' in your words.

Can you actually back up your arguments with why you think the things you say are bad are bad, or are they just drama without substance? A simple assumption that it must be bad without understanding what it is?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.