LIST YOUR DVD's AND SHARE THOUGHTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chico23
I went to this site and registered so I could keep track of my DVD's. So here's my collection. I probably left a few out (I lend mine out alot), but this is close to all of them.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=chico23

This is the home page to register on.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/index.html

hayden's minx
you got lots!

GordonSkywalker
I have bought lots of dvds before but Star Wars:The Phantom Menace is the one I watch a lot of now days.

justinday15
the matrix is my favorite dvd i have.

chico23
I watch Pulp Fiction and Searching for Bobby Fisher alot. Is anyone going to list there DVD's I would like to see what others have in there collection. Maybe I'll see a few that I would like to have. smile

noodles
check out 28 days later!!!

GordonSkywalker
Might get a Star Trek but haven't decided which one.

chico23
I added Equilibrium to my collection this week I'm going to have to give a review on that film. I loved it. Also added The Recruit. Animatrix should be here this week had it on pre order (woohoo) can't wait.

GordonSkywalker
I own Star Wars I and II.

mechmoggy
I'd list mine Chico, but I'm one of those people who buys DVD's then never gets time to watch them so I won't.

When there was nothing on TV late the other night, I decided to put on a DVD and so went to my collection. I found about 10 with the plastic wrappers still on them!

I've seriously got to do something about it....

chico23
Awww C'mon Mech lets see them if you saw I had police academy and Dude, wheres my car so dont worry. smile

Darth Vicious
I just added Top Gun which is one of my old time favorite movies, The Recruit is coming in about a week as soon as they sell it for $9.00 in my video store, i also added this week Joy Ride, Valentine, AniMatrix

DaniloV
well i started recently collecting so...so far i just have:

The 2 pack DVD set of Matrix & Matrix revisited, Spiderman, Batman (by Burton), the Robocop trilogy that did come in one nice package for a very low price, Jaws, Star Wars episode 1, and two Metallica concerts (cunning stunts and S&M), so far so good. smile and yeah i am a Super-Hero freak

enyafreak
i have lord of the rings:theatrical and extended editions, atlantis the lost empire:collectors edition, beauty and the beast special collectors edition, cruel intentions, the fast and the furious,what women want, lord of the rings the two towers, absolutley fabulous series 1,2,3 and 4 box set.

BackFire349
i own about 110 dvd's, it will take to long to list them all though. but some highlights.... all stanley kubrick movies, amelie, american beauty, braveheart, dog soldiers, dead alive, donnie darko, elephant man, forrest gump, glory, henry - portrait of a serial killer, killer klowns from outer space, last house on the left, lord of the rings, matrix, monty python and holy grail monsters inc, neverending story, one flew over the cuckoos nest, one hour photo, platoon, princess bride, pulp fiction, reservoir dogs, return of the living dead, royal denenbaums, se7en, shawhank redemption, signs, south park, spaceballs, spirited away, starship troopers, sweet hereafter, taxi driver, terminator 2 extreme edition, texas chainsaw massacre, tombstone, true romance, who framed roger rabbit, zombie holocaust, mr show seasons 1 and 2, family guy folume one, the simpisons season 1 and 2, southpark seasons 1 and 2

Senor_Pessoba
heres what I have....
LOTR:extended edition, Amelie, Fight Club, Moulin Rouge, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, The Royal Tenenbalms, American History X, Dark City, Dertoit Rock City, Falling Down, Se7en, The Cell, Full Metal Jacket, Interview with a Vampire, The Animatrix, The Matrix, The Shawshank Redemption, Training Day, 12 Monkeys, 25th Hour, American Beauty, The Big Lebowski, Bound, Boondock Saints, City of the Lost Children, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Donnie Brasco, Donnie Darko, Equilibruim, The Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, The Army of Darkness, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Forrest Gump, Four Rooms, From Dusk Till Dawn, Get Shorty, Memento, O Brother Where Art Thou, Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, Road to Perdition, The Rules of Attraction, American Psycho, Saving Private Ryan, Scotland PA, Sleepy Hollow, Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Taxi Driver, T2, and the Usual Suspects...I think thats it..

Dark_Queen
wow! i wish i had all those

i dont have very many-but ive got some good ones

gladiator
FOTR(theatrical version)
Matrix
behind enemy lines
Traffic
Saving Private Ryan

Senor_Pessoba
yeah..it took a lot of money big grin

Dark_Queen
it must have taken a few years 2 collect all of them too!!!

and here's another thought-imagine if u combined your collect with some of the others here!!!whoa!!

Senor_Pessoba
yeah...it would be massive eek!

chico23
I'm running out of places to put all my movies. I started my collection in 2000 first movie I bought was The Matrix, and sadly I continue to buy more and more. I bought Old School and Tears of the Sun last week and this week I'll be buying Narc. Next week I'm looking foward to Intacto and Cowboy Bebop. Not sure yet on Punch Drunk Love.

BackFire349
im done with buying movies for a while, next movie ill buy is probably irreversible when it comes out august 5th, then ill buy two towers, alot of the dvd's im going \to be buying is television shows, (family guy, simpsons, mr show) i own too many dvd's as is, ive spent a good 2 grand on them all.

chico23
Alot of the movies I buy I find at Blockbuster. Im sure Backfire knows (since he works there) that they sale movies after they have been rented out for awhile. Its a good way to get cheaper DVD's.

rickidog
Thanks for the info Chico23, I am just going to attempt to upload mine to DVD aficionado now, don't hold your breath though it may take some time....

rickidog
OK Chico23 here goes...

I have suceeded in putting about a quarter up so far, will update the rest in the next week smile

dvdaficionado just add /dvds.html?cat=1&id=rickidog

(sorry can't make it a link not well known enough yet!!)

thanks for this offer it's made me look at how much I have actually spent on DVDs (lets not start on videos ok) <doh> smile

chico23
You sure must be a big fan of Star Trek, but the really question remains. Do you own the WHOLE Criterion collection?

J_To_The_P
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=jp678

No laughing at me! sad Today I'm adding Man Show Season 1 to that to. wink stick out tongue

rickidog
That's the plan chico ;-)

chico23
Your on your way thats for sure.

chico23
Nice collection by the way J to the P. I would like to get that family guy season 1.

J_To_The_P
I did just get The Man Show Season 1, Volume 1 today to, cool , your collection is SICKLY HUGE THOUGH! sick stick out tongue

chico23
Well I'm sorry to report I just went out and bought seven more. I think I have a sickness. I was at wal-mart and had to get Liar Liar and Dazed and Confused they were cheap so no biggie, but I glanced at the new releases and Damned if I didn't buy some of those. They didn't have the man show sadly or I would have got that.

Scoundrel
I currently have 348 DVD's and still buying, I just love the format...

Darla

Evil Dead
I currently own 314 dvds.........and still buying them every day.....I refuse to list them all here.......

btw......for the rest of you with big dvd collections, the smart thing to do is to buy large cd binders.........I have 2 cd binders full, each has a 208 disc capacity...........saves ALOT of room......

chico23
yeah thats the problem with my collection I went to the store and bought this gigantic wicker chest and I have filled it and now they are overflowing. Evil do those binders scratch the dvds more than usual?

Evil Dead
no.........not a problem........just get a good binder that has soft cottony backs to the pages.....the material on the back of my binder behind my dvds feels almost like socks that how soft they are.........mine are leather binders made by CD Project if that helps..........they cost $27 a pop but well worth it...........I wouldn't get one of the cheaper binders that just have the plastic pages........

chico23
cool I'll look into that, thank for the info.

scifigunslinger
In my short life(I'm only 14)I've managed to collect 57 dvds.
Big Hit
The Killer
Better Tomorrow 2
Akira
Gen-X Cops
Gen-Y Cops
Vamp. D 1&2
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Evil Dead 1-3
Desperado
Guyver vol. 1 & 2
Extreme Heist
Equilibrium
Animatrix
Avenging Fist
Cowboy Bebop The Movie

just to name a few

Silent-Bob77
I have about 330, (including x-files box sets and that as one) i have a list on excel but can't be bothered to do another one! Highlights include Thw Wicker Man in a wodden box, Evil Dead II in a tin and the ultra violent version of Robocop. Buy Family Guy, just bought the last season, number three and it is soooo funny, any season is worth getting though as they are all classic! Worst DVD i bought was Wing Commander, it was cheap and now i know why!!

chica16
my Lord of the Rings extended edition is my fave

wicker_man
I have way to many to write down i just enjoy watching them.

pablo007
-Animatrix
-CSI - Season 1
-Evil Dead
-Evil Dead 2
-Army of Darkness
-Cast Away
-Daredevil
-Spider-Man
-Die Another Day
-Final Destination 2
-Gone in 60 Seconds
-Hannibal
-Red Dragon
-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
-The Incredible Hulk - Original Television Series Premiere
-Jurassic Park 3
-Little Nicky
-The Mummy Returns
-Phone Booth
-Planet of the Apes
-Rush Hour 2
-Vertical Limit
-Wes Craven's New Nightmare

The best are Daredevil and Army of Darkness because of the incredible amount of extras.

Storm
- LOTR: The Fellowhip Of The Ring (extended version)
- Braveheart
- Save The Last Dance
- Reservoir Dogs
- Requiem For A Dream
- L.A. Confidential
- A Beautiful Mind
- Titanic

I just started buying them so soon I hope to add lots of titles to my collection.

wicker_man
Band of Brothers
The Simpsons Series 1
The Simpsons Risky Business
The Complete Fawlty Towers Collection
Father Ted Series 1
Father Ted Series 2.1
Red Dwarf Series 1
Red Dwarf Series 2
The League of Gentlemen Series 1
The League of Gentlemen Series 2
The Goodies....At Last
Ghostwatch
Most Haunted: Best of Series 1
Stargate Seasons 1 - 4
Miss Congeniality
Oceans Eleven ( Remake Version)
Kevin & Perry Go Large
Micheal Collins
Lethal Weapon 4
Passenger 57
Queen of the Damned
House on the Haunted Hill
Ghost Ship
Thirteen Ghosts
The Green Mile
Air Force One
Armaggedon
Gone in 60 Seconds
Phantoms
Face/Off
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
Scary Movie
X-Men
The Wicker Man
T2
Stephen Kings:Rose Red
Brotherhood of the Wolf
A Knights Tale
Vertical Limit
Blue Streak
Spiderman
Cont...

wicker_man
Continued...
Harry Potter & TPS
Harry Potter & TCoS
Monty Pythons : Life of Brian
Monty Pythons : And The Holy Grail
Lara Croft:Tomb Raider
Mission Impossible 2
Cold Hearts
Primal Species
Meet The Parents
Rush Hour 2
U-571
Next Friday
Blade
Blade 2
Cherry Falls
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
Sneakers
Final Destination
Minority Report
Austin Powers: Goldmember
Gladiatior
Halloween: Resurrection
Resident Evil
Children of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead Part 3
Hannibal
Evil Dead 2
Evil Dead 3: The Army of Darkness
The Amytiville Horror
Antitrust
Loaded Weapon 1
Jaws 2
Black Hawk Down
Jeepers Creepers
Jason X
Dracula 2001
xXx
Dungeons & Dragons
John Carpenter Vampires
Los Muretos: Vampires
Bedazzled
Lake Placid
28 Days Later
Bowfinger
Dog Soldiers
Rat Race
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park 3
Jackass Movie
Jackass Series 2
Jackass Series 3
Bad Taste
TLotR: TFOTR
TLotR: TTT
The Others
Linkin Park: Pancake Festival Concert
Groundhog Day
& Eight Legged Freaks

masterofmatrix
i have about 8 dvds as i dont have very much money

Adroit
The Matrix/Revisted - Goes without saying
Pearl Harbor - I was under the influence when purchasing
8 Mile - Some good battles
The Grifters- Because my great grandpa wrote the book.
LOTR SE - Need I say more
Black Hawk Down - Ok...freakin awesome
Tombstone SE - Best movie of all time
Spiderman - I have a soft spot for super heros
The Shawshank Redemption - 2nd best movie of all time
Just Married - GF Made me buy it
Catch Me If You Can - The biggest surprise of 2002
Planet of the Apes - I thought it was good...then I woke up
Episode I / II - These arent the better of the series, but its still SW
A Beautiful Mind - Great movie.\

gutwrencher
see my link for dvd library stats and titles. I need about 400 more and I'll be happy. smokin'

BOPRecruit 16
smallville, chicago, lotr 1 and 2, the mummy 1 and 2, city of angels, spawn, spider-man,.....lotz.

Hypernova
I don't have as many... (I have 4 on my DVD rack at the moment - don't know where the others are.)

Star Wars Ep 1 Phanton Menance
Star Wars Ep 2 Attack of the Clone
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings (Extended Edition)
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider

VenomVA
Same here, I did it on purpose!!! Wanted that Kick *ss movie to be my first DVD. Now have have quite a few....I actually built a MS Access database the keeps track of my DVD's and VHS (I have 600+). It's also like a blockbuster database, when I let someone borrow a movie I select the movie and then their name (usually a friend only). I give them 3 days to borrow and then my pc will let me know who's late and then it's time to call them to get it back, or I let them know I'll send "MY BOYS" after them for my damn DVD!

Had to do it that way cause most times I forget who has what or where is what!

List coming soon...

Venom

chico23
Wow and I thought I had a bunch of DVD's. smile Hey Gutwrencher how do you store that many DVD's and are they easy to access?

Can't wait to see that list Venom.

SlipknoT
these are mine
lotr the fellowship of the ring
lotr the two towers
lord of the flys
evil dead
x-men
halloween
a nightmare on elm street 1
a nightmare on elm street 3
friday the 13th 1
friday the 13th 6
grummpy old men
spiderman
the x files fight the futer
jurrasic park
little nicky
cky 4
the matrix
godzilla
the crocodile hunter
driven

LindsIsTightK
Well I guess I am just unique because my DVD collection is incredinly small. I usually just buy them when they are on sale. Right now the only DVDs I own are:

Season 1 of BtVS
Season 2 of BtVS
Season 3 of BtVS
Overboard (old movie I know, but I love it)
Cruel Intentions
Enough

Most of my movies are still on VHS since I haven't had my DVD player for very long.

pablo007
So Linds, do you happen to be a Buffy fan ?

LindsIsTightK
embarrasment Gee how could you tell? stick out tongue

I'm a major fan, I still need season 4 and season 5 when it comes out in December, but Max promised that as long as I come to Vegas he will buy them for me big grin

BackFire349
I have to object to you owning Enough, J'lo piece of crap.

LindsIsTightK
I love Jennifer Lopez as an actress! I want to own more of her movies.

BackFire349
She's a terrible actress. Plus her movies blow.

LindsIsTightK
Meh that is your opinion, I plan on buying quite a few of her movies in the feature.

BackFire349
I've yet to see a movie i thought she was good in.....and a movie that i liked.

LindsIsTightK
Well I am still thinking of buying Season 4 of BtVS right now. I am getting really impatient with waiting. Although if Max is gonna buy it for me then I don't have any objections to that happy

I just added Forest Gump to my movie collection. I love that movie.

BackFire349
Forrest Gump is great.

Gstu
I own 358 DVD's, way to many list here. I love buying them, it is an addiction. Anytime I go out to a place that sells them, I have to pick up a few one them. Today is Tuesday, my favorite day of week as new ones come out today!!!

burlyman
i dont have enough money, but presents i get some. heres my collection - so far..

animatrix
matrix reloaded
matrix revisited
oceans eleven
mulholland drive
memento
the one
minority report
the transporter
leon
unbreakbale
pitch black
being john malkovich
american beauty
catch me if you can
blade
blade 2
final destination < it was my first ever dvd no expression
me, myself and irene
bo selecta series 1
the office series 1

lotr: fotr extended
24 series 1 & 2 boxset
futurama series 1, 2, and 3 boxsets

Happy Dance big grin

chico23
I would really like to get that The Office season one...too funny.

spydar1982
check out a movie called Dark Days. I forget who directed it but DJ Shadow handled the score. Its a doc about homeless living underground (like Zion!!!... nerd joke... sorry) but at any rate the DVD is awesome for an indie movie, and the movie is great.

StarWars_Fan
StarWars Episode I : The Phantom Menace
StarWars Episode II : Attack of The Clones
The Lord of The Rings: Fellowship of The Ring
The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers
Windtalkers
Black Hawk Down
Behind Enemy Lines
Stargate SG-1-Season 1 dvd box set
Air Force One
The Rock
The Fast and The Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious(will own that this thursday)

JediHDM
i dont have many, but im gonna get the Matrix reloaded soon (i hope)

LOTR: FotR extended
The Recruit
THe Matrix

chico23
Got Reloaded and best of all picked up the Indy triolgy $46 is a great price IMO!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.