Did George Lucas realize Episode 1 was a bad movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batman
This link seems to indicate he realized it sucked - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KseqzmcqQBQ

Does he know it was bad?

Zenwolf
Eh I didn't have any real problems with it, Jar Jar just felt indifferent. Anakin was kinda understandable, slave, then being torn from his mother, emotional turmoil(fear), space scene though with him was ehhh.....saber fight was good.

But my opinion, least fav of all 7 but I'll still watch it.

Bashar Teg
wow, i missed that footage. how the hell did george lucas ever allow a video to be made of him criticizing his own creation?

Darth Thor
Meh it's mainly the commentator giving his own analysis. Not near enough context to what Lucas is saying.

I loved TPM personally (except for Jar Jar). My 2nd favorite of the Prequels. It is the film that gave us Darth Maul after all.

But my opinions about it aside, it was a massive massive hit back in 2009, on the scale of the first Jurassic Park.

Ushgarak
That's from the TPM DVD; I remember that. It's a rough cut viewing.

Lord Lucien
Jar Jar is the key to all this.

See it's like poetry; it rhymes. Hopefully it'll work.

It's stylistically designed to be that way. But we can mitigate the effects.

I may have gone too far in a few places.

Bentley
The prequels are gold thumb up

queeq
This was from the viewing the first cut. Obviously that was even worse than what we got to see.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by queeq
This was from the viewing the first cut. Obviously that was even worse than what we got to see.

yeah but they pointed out problems which GL said were irreversible/unfixable due to the way the scenes were laid out.

queeq
Well, yeah... but we don't know how bad it was. We only know how bad it turned out. wink

Bashar Teg
ah yes, imagine the horrors they witnessed. is it just me or were rick mccallum's eyes bleeding?

queeq
I wonder how often his friends remind him of the 'every frame has so much going on, it's so dense' line. Wow, did his admiration drop to the floor here...

Bashar Teg
oh yeah. now i remember what that clip reminded me of.

http://i.imgur.com/A9Ykmgc.gif

queeq
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.