Rey vs. Seventh Sister

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redpill
Rey vs. Seventh Sister eek!

Q99
Seventh Sister. Rey's the type of 'padawan' that Inquisitors are trained to kill, and Sister doesn't have a big ol' hole in her side.

FreshestSlice
Nah. Rey's way more powerful. Seventh Sister may take a few rounds, but she's nowhere near close to Rey. Also, kek at the Seventh Sister being trained to deal with anyone like Rey. Padawan = Padawan is some shit logic.

EmperorSidious2
Seventh sister unless Rey gets another force moment

redpill
based solely on what was seen in rebels vs tfa i still think 7th is more powerful

Q99
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Nah. Rey's way more powerful. Seventh Sister may take a few rounds, but she's nowhere near close to Rey. Also, kek at the Seventh Sister being trained to deal with anyone like Rey. Padawan = Padawan is some shit logic.

Rey may have natural talent, but she's untrained and had a *lot* of trouble with a foe who had a giant wound in his side. Frankly, she's almost certainly at a low level for a padawan at the moment, until she gets training. The one fight she had was a barely-win despite a massive handicap on the other side.

Seventh is more than capable of handling that.

DarthAnt66
Rey massacres.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Q99
Rey may have natural talent, but she's untrained and had a *lot* of trouble with a foe who had a giant wound in his side. Frankly, she's almost certainly at a low level for a padawan at the moment, until she gets training. The one fight she had was a barely-win despite a massive handicap on the other side.

Seventh is more than capable of handling that.
Lulz. Comparing even a wounded Kylo to someone who got made Ahsoka's *****, two on one, is some toplelworthy shit. And it wasn't a barely win. She went ape on Kylo, who was blocking lightsabers with his bare hands, even while wounded.

ares834
Which didn't actually happen in the film...

FreshestSlice
Happened in the novel, ares, which is just as valid as the movie because of the new canon policy.

ares834
Yeah, I know. Dumb as hell TBH.

I do wish we had seen it in the film though. Would have made Kylo look less like a chump.

redpill
what happened in the novel?

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Q99
Frankly, she's almost certainly at a low level for a padawan at the moment, until she gets training.

A low level padawn compared to what other padawans? She may not be a top tier padawan(not saying she isn't), but she is not the lowest of the low.

Zenwolf
What is the lowest of the low of Padawans though? Wouldn't this just be a youngling who hasn't even touched a lightsaber or barely?

Because even Padawans are combat capable and know how to use The Force properly.

carthage
Rey can probably win if she taps into her potential, otherwise Seventh probably wins

Q99
I wanna note that Rey didn't win by 'tapping her full potential,' alone, but by adopting a reverse-grip and using some of the staff-fighting moves she used, which Kylo wasn't familiar with. And style familiarity is going to be a big problem for Rey- she will have no idea how to handle a spin-blade.

Again, Kylo was probably fighting at, like, a third his normal capacity. That is one of the *worst* places to get a wound duel-wise (worse than an arm-wound!), since a ton of your power and movements comes from your midsection. Being able to barely beat someone that badly handicapped doesn't mean she'll do well against, well, anyone with full training.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
What is the lowest of the low of Padawans though? Wouldn't this just be a youngling who hasn't even touched a lightsaber or barely?

Because even Padawans are combat capable and know how to use The Force properly.

A Padawan is (with rare exception like Anakin), someone who's picked as having had enough training to go out with a Knight to get hands-on training and go into the field to see the Knight in action. Kanan went straight into the war when Depa selected him. Ahsoka... well, we saw her first mission.

Younglings get saber training (remember the kids with Yoda?) before becoming padawan. Heck, Obi-wan first got Qui-gon's attention due to his performance in saber sparing with another padawan.

So a starting padawan has the basics, but not the intensive one-on-one training of a Knight or any experience. They're the equivalent of a soldier out of boot camp. They can use their weaponry and throw a punch, but it's pretty rough.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by carthage
Rey can probably win if she taps into her potential, otherwise Seventh probably wins

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Q99
I wanna note that Rey didn't win by 'tapping her full potential,' alone, but by adopting a reverse-grip and using some of the staff-fighting moves she used, which Kylo wasn't familiar with. And style familiarity is going to be a big problem for Rey- she will have no idea how to handle a spin-blade.

Again, Kylo was probably fighting at, like, a third his normal capacity. That is one of the *worst* places to get a wound duel-wise (worse than an arm-wound!), since a ton of your power and movements comes from your midsection. Being able to barely beat someone that badly handicapped doesn't mean she'll do well against, well, anyone with full training.

A Padawan is (with rare exception like Anakin), someone who's picked as having had enough training to go out with a Knight to get hands-on training and go into the field to see the Knight in action. Kanan went straight into the war when Depa selected him. Ahsoka... well, we saw her first mission.

Younglings get saber training (remember the kids with Yoda?) before becoming padawan. Heck, Obi-wan first got Qui-gon's attention due to his performance in saber sparing with another padawan.

So a starting padawan has the basics, but not the intensive one-on-one training of a Knight or any experience. They're the equivalent of a soldier out of boot camp. They can use their weaponry and throw a punch, but it's pretty rough.

Oh great another female reverse grip user. Its becoming a trope.

|King Joker|
I don't remember Rey using a reverse grip. mmm

FreshestSlice
Lulz at that being the one thing you point out as being wrong in that post.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Q99

This is the traditional way a padawan goes through the ranks, if they are brought in at a young enough age, however, there are exceptions(and not just a few) to this, such as: Anakin, Luke, the first class of Luke's NJO etc. and many of them turned out to be powerful, competent Jedi Masters. You can still become exceptional without extensive traditional training. On the other hand, you have some masters seemingly unable to block 3 blaster bolts.

|King Joker|
Lulz at that being the one thing you point out as being wrong in that post. I didn't even read it, I only read Stark's comment lol

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Q99

Q...I know what Padawan is. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

My question was moreso asking what the other said about the lowest of the low Padawan.

Q99
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
This is the traditional way a padawan goes through the ranks, if they are brought in at a young enough age, however, there are exceptions(and not just a few) to this, such as: Anakin, Luke, the first class of Luke's NJO etc. and many of them turned out to be powerful, competent Jedi Masters. You can still become exceptional without extensive traditional training. On the other hand, you have some masters seemingly unable to block 3 blaster bolts.

Oh, definitely. Still, any padawan, even the eventually-exceptional ones, starts out pretty low.

Q...I know what Padawan is. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Just pointing out they aren't untrained.

Which is....?

Zenwolf
Never said they were untrained and it was to Ruin's question.

Vorpal Ruin
Never said they were untrained and it was to Ruin's question.

Q99 was the one I quoted, asking for comparison to other padawans to back up his assertion that Rey is the lowest of the low regarding padawans.

I kept trying to recall stories I've read involving padawans, like Scout, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, etc. but i really cant recall accurately how they stack up to Rey.

Zenwolf
The lowest of the low Padawan, your standard is

1. A Master Swordman in Form 1 and 1 other form.

2. Their TK is in the molecular level range, they must master and exceed their body limitations with The Force, must able to see through illusions among other things of that nature.

Now your standard Jedi Knight is even greater than that, but that right there is just a Padawan. So....I don't think Rey is even there yet.

ALTHOUGH I am going off of Legends canon, sooo...take from that what you will.

Vorpal Ruin
The lowest of the low Padawan, your standard is

1. A Master Swordman in Form 1 and 1 other form.

2. Their TK is in the molecular level range, they must master and exceed their body limitations with The Force, must able to see through illusions among other things of that nature.

Now your standard Jedi Knight is even greater than that, but that right there is just a Padawan. So....I don't think Rey is even there yet.

ALTHOUGH I am going off of Legends canon, sooo...take from that what you will.

Based on that criteria, Rey is certainly not that refined. However, that doesn't mean that a untrained Rey cannot beat any padawan in a fight. She showed some impressive natural ability against wounded Kylo.

Zenwolf
Based on that criteria, Rey is certainly not that refined. However, that doesn't mean that a untrained Rey cannot beat any padawan in a fight. She showed some impressive natural ability against wounded Kylo.

Eh....I guess, although I could see a Padawan of the PT Order at least(Legends ofc) doing much better against a wounded Kylo. A fully trained Jedi Knight would probably win more often than not in a majority.

Vorpal Ruin
Eh....I guess, although I could see a Padawan of the PT Order at least(Legends ofc) doing much better against a wounded Kylo. A fully trained Jedi Knight would probably win more often than not in a majority.

Eh, an average padawan? I'm not sure. Could some padawans have preformed better? Probably.

Now, this is pure speculation and not to be taken into consideration for my previous statements, but I think Kylo knows more about Rey's history than Rey does and that could have played a role in their fight.

Although it seems that Kylo completed his Dark Side turn by killing Han, it could be that having just done that put him into emotional turmoil that made him less formidable before he was able to reconcile his emotions.

Q99

I kept trying to recall stories I've read involving padawans, like Scout, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, etc. but i really cant recall accurately how they stack up to Rey.

Ezra?

I think he'd lose to Rey due her being stronger and such, but isn't *that* different in actual skill.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Q99
Ezra?

I think he'd lose to Rey due her being stronger and such, but isn't *that* different in actual skill.

I didn't watch 99% of TCW. I only watched a few specific fights. I know nothing of Ezra, so I can't really weigh in there.

Lord Stark
Lulz at that being the one thing you point out as being wrong in that post.

Gotta start somewhere excellent

Q99
I didn't watch 99% of TCW. I only watched a few specific fights. I know nothing of Ezra, so I can't really weigh in there.

At first he's a normal fit kid with good aim and untrained potential, but Kanan's been gradually training him. He's at the point where he's majorly useful against Stormtroopers, and can assist Kanan against serious foes, but would get pwned by an Inquisitor like Seventh Sister without major help.

TheNuisanceBird
Lulz. Comparing even a wounded Kylo to someone who got made Ahsoka's *****, two on one, is some toplelworthy shit. And it wasn't a barely win. She went ape on Kylo, who was blocking lightsabers with his bare hands, even while wounded.

I wouldn't say she was completely made "Ahsoka's *****". The 7th Sister did put up a good fight and the 5th Brother SUCKS(as of now). I mean, LOOK AT HIM. The only thing he does in the fight is twice charge with the saber over his head like someone worse than an untrained Savage Opress. Also I don't remember Kylo using Force deflection if thats what you're referring to.

red8
The 7th sister shouldn't have a problem with Rey.

Which novel? I don't remember this happening in the normal novelization.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.