Kylo Ren vs. MagnaGuard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Can Kylo Ren defeat one of Grievous's infamous bodyguards? Loaction is on Dantooine, both sides are bloodlusted. Who wins?

NewGuy01
Duh?

Rebel95
Lol

Darth Truculent
Uh . . . if Kylo had his ass handed to him by an untrained girl who might be Luke's or Han's kid, Kylo dies.

ares834
erm

Come on now. Kylo stomps.

Darth Truculent
Respecting your opinion ares, but Rey mind probed Kylo when she was captured and called him out for wanting to be another Vader. Used Affect Mind on the stormtrooper and most impressively, broke through his (Kylo's) telekinesis when grabbing Luke's original lightsaber on Starkiller base. She didn't even have lightsaber combat training and still defeated him.

ares834
Kylo has just survived getting show by Chewie's Bowcaster (which was hyped up through the entire film) and was emotionally distraught from killing his father. He wasn't exactly fighting at peak condition.

Darth Truculent
True, but it also seem that he didn't want to kill Rey either because he knew she was more powerful than him . . . something he omitted from Snoke. I would be upset too if an untrained girl mind raped me and discovered I had grandfather issues. It also appeared he didn't want to truly kill her. Something a true dark side user would have no problem with. Anakin/Vader had zero problems attempting to kill Obi-Wan who is his step-uncle.

Real question is, Who is Rey's dad? Luke or Han?

Beniboybling
How can a Magnaguard be bloodlusted? stick out tongue

Rebel95
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
True, but it also seem that he didn't want to kill Rey either because he knew she was more powerful than him . . . something he omitted from Snoke. I would be upset too if an untrained girl mind raped me and discovered I had grandfather issues. It also appeared he didn't want to truly kill her. Something a true dark side user would have no problem with. Anakin/Vader had zero problems attempting to kill Obi-Wan who is his step-uncle.

Step uncle? haha
I think it's safe to assume that Rey wouldn't have had a chance if Kylo was completely uninjured and wasn't so conflicted.

Deronn_solo
Padawan Ahsoka defeated Magnaguards, who's claim to fame is mostly lip-service---Kylo decimates.

FreshestSlice
That's not still in question to anyone who is a rational person.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by ares834
Kylo has just survived getting show by Chewie's Bowcaster (which was hyped up through the entire film) and was emotionally distraught from killing his father. He wasn't exactly fighting at peak condition.

What he said. Kylo was hindered during the fight so we haven't seen him fighting at his best.

Q99
Yea, no wound? He can beat a Magnaguard.

Heck, the fact that he can fight with a hole in his side at all, is impressive.

NewGuy01
He can beat a MagnaGuard with a wound too.

Q99
Probably not, that wound was *really* hampering him.

A magnaguard is still going to be a fair bit better than Finn or a Riot Trooper or such.

NewGuy01
Finn probably has a solid chance at taking down a Magna, depending on the quality of the model; some are formidable to even the best, and others are cheap trash.

Not that it matters. After he was scored, Kylo defeated Finn with two strikes; he's no real competition. Also... Kylo can literally just freeze the guard, lol.

Agusto Pinochet
Kylo ren lol

The Lost
I'm not sure I understand what makes Kylo so easy to defeat. Everyone is like, "Ugh, an untrained girl nailed him!"

Firstly, why are we giving a shit about her sex? It's irrelevant to talent and ability.

Secondly, a lot went into Kylo losing. He just got shot in the gut with a bowcaster bolt that had been sending everyone else flying for half the movie, Finn injured him (slightly, admittedly), and he was clearly far too emotionally charged to focus after having to kill his father.

I know, he made that choice to descend to the dark side but I doubt that comes with zero emotional consequence and this could impede his ability. PLUS, he underestimated Rey and her ability to channel the force so adeptly.

If we have a healthy Kylo? He smashes the Magnaguard.

Trocity
Originally posted by The Lost
Firstly, why are we giving a shit about her sex? It's irrelevant to talent and ability.

You're the only one to have brought this up tbh.

FreshestSlice
Lulz.

Syndicate
Magnaguard.

Lightspeed reflexes.
Knowledgeable in all 7 forms of lightsaber combat.
Strength that can match Jedi Masters.
Incapable of tiring.
Incredibly durable.

Kylo Ren.

Was beaten by an untrained gril.
Almost lost to a cotton picker.
Had a temper tantrum.

The Lost
Originally posted by Trocity
You're the only one to have brought this up tbh.

Uh . . . if Kylo had his ass handed to him by an untrained girl who might be Luke's or Han's kid, Kylo dies.
Originally posted by Syndicate

Was beaten by an untrained gril.
Almost lost to a cotton picker.
Had a temper tantrum.

You're wrong tbh.

Also, Syndicate, that's incredibly racist. You're reported.

FreshestSlice
no expression

She...she is an untrained girl. That's like saying every time someone brings up boy, their gender is what's more important than them being a teenager with no training. The point is she's young and inexperienced. Duh.

The Lost
You don't see it, do you? It's being pushed to the forefront in arguments as to why Ren lost. People aren't just plainly referencing her gender. They're like, "Kylo lost to an untrained girl?!?!1"

Also, I sincerely doubt when individuals bring it up in such a manner and casually call Finn a "cotton picker", it's harmless.

It's like when someone says, "This black guy punched me" or "They helped me and they were girls!"

It's unnecessary and has no business being brought up because it isn't relevant. At all. If you're trying to identify a perk or something? Yeah, it makes sense to use describing factors. In this case, it doesn't. "Oh, she is a girl." Yeah, everyone knows and the people mentioning know that WE know she's a girl. It leaves little room to wonder whether it's being brought for a different reason, such as people's inability to comprehend that a woman could defeat a guy.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
no expression

She...she is an untrained girl. That's like saying every time someone brings up boy, their gender is what's more important than them being a teenager with no training. The point is she's young and inexperienced. Duh. Lol nobody ever brings up "boy" though, just like nobody ever brings up "white guy", it's ingrained in western culture to define everyone by the Caucasian male norm, no harm in admitting it, and I'm sure it was just instinctive on Trucelent's part.

The Lost
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Lol nobody ever brings up "boy" though, just like nobody ever brings up "white guy", it's ingrained in western culture to define everyone by the Caucasian male norm, no harm in admitting it, and I'm sure it was just instinctive on Trucelent's part.

Spot on.

With the second portion of your post, "instinct" isn't usually a reliable excuse for it, though. If he is a teenager, I could understand. Adults should not be saying such absurdities.

(Also, meant to type "perp" and not "perk" in that last response.)

Beniboybling
Right, except it's really not that bad, and I doubt the guy is remotely sexist. So let's not get our knickers in a twist.

FreshestSlice
Way too many trigger words and broad strokes for me to take any of this seriously.

Trocity
Yeah, lol.

Syndicate
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/018/467/1355331549061.jpg

FreshestSlice
You're not allowed to joke about that. Someone might be offended.

Syndicate
The point of my entire life is to offend people.

FreshestSlice
Then stop fighting it and an hero already.

Syndicate
Tainted coward tools will not touch my flesh.

NewGuy01
You're sir are a good samaritan, Lost. Please report Freshest too for encouraging suicide. thumb up

Syndicate
Originally posted by NewGuy01
You're sir are a good samaritan, Lost. Please report Freshest too for encouraging suicide. thumb up

*Salutes* Will do.

FreshestSlice
Lulz. Racists can't report.

Q99
no expression

She...she is an untrained girl. That's like saying every time someone brings up boy, their gender is what's more important than them being a teenager with no training. The point is she's young and inexperienced. Duh.

She is force untrained, but she is melee experienced.

Sinious
Lulz. Racists can't report. Stop harassing racist people, Freshest.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Sinious
Stop harassing racist people, Freshest.

Thank you, master.

Darth Abonis
Kylo Ren

NewGuy01
Stop with your on topic **** Abonis.

FreshestSlice
Stop harassing racist people, Freshest.
Sorry, I don't talk to people who beat women.

Sinious
You just have to be more open-minded about these things.

Thank you, master. I've noticed your perverted posts. You would do just fine in my organization tbh.

carthage
damn *******

Syndicate

I've noticed your perverted posts. You would do just fine in my organization tbh.

I've pretty much seamlessly blended my perverted nature into my personality so probs.

DarthAnt66
Sorry, I don't talk to people who beat women.
https://media.giphy.com/media/vgUFOWBwBkziE/giphy.gif

FreshestSlice
Y'all gonna burn in cishell.

Sinious
I've pretty much seamlessly blended my perverted nature into my personality so probs. Good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.