Yoda vs Palpatine (TO THE DEATH!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Who would win a proper fight and proper to the death, no falling off a platform and crawling down a ventilation shaft cuz clone troopers be coming...to the death means, one walks away still breathing, could Yoda have done it? Or would Palpatine be too strong for Yoda?

quanchi112
Palpatine.

EmperorSidious2
Extremely good fight. I would put my money on Sidious however.

Palpatine.

quanchi112
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Extremely good fight. I would put my money on Sidious however.

Palpatine. Quit riding my coattails.

KuRuPT Thanosi
yoda, and convincingly so

EmperorSidious2
I would say whoever wins what will be difficult.

Yoda would most likely take sabers.

Sidious may take Force

Each one is close enough in each area, but Sidious would eventually turn this into a force battle and in that area not that I think Sidious has more knowledge per say, but more power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
yoda, and convincingly so He lost twice already, chump.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by quanchi112
Palpatine.

That's what all the new "canon" material indicates. Agreed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The_Tempest
That's what all the new "canon" material indicates. Agreed. In Kt's defense he's a mongoloid. He does the best he can with the shit he was given.

KuRuPT Thanosi
That's what all the new "canon" material indicates. Agreed.

So you'll go with what Disney is now saying is canon... Sorry bud, I'll go ahead with what Lucas thinks. He's exponentially more important to the universe he created.. than Disney buying the company. Even the new canon, in no place does it say The Emperor is above Yoda.

Here are the facts per Lucas and the only fight they've ever had

1. Yoda was superior in sabers and disarmed him
2. In force powers Lucas notes... The emperor seems doomed once he buckled down and gave that "I'm serious now and going to kick the living shit out of you look"

For their only fight Lucas is the absolute and unquestioned authority. New canon doesn't apply to their only fight.

The_Tempest
All the various guides and sources under new canon and old who say anything about the subject indicate that the Emperor was too strong for Yoda to beat. Including the website. erm

Imma go with all that. smile

quanchi112
Lucas also directed rots and Sidious won. Kt isn't very bright at all. Nothing has changed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
All the various guides and sources under new canon and old who say anything about the subject indicate that the Emperor was too strong for Yoda to beat. Including the website. erm

Imma go with all that. smile

Show me old canon that says The Emperor is above Yoda. You know that simply isn't true.

Again I don't count new canon when it comes to their fight. Disney had nothing to do with their fight, Lucas did. What we are left with is this...

You have random new canon quotes and websites... I have the creator of the universe who directed and wrote the movie. He had Yoda disarm sids and he notes the emperor was doomed. That is vastly more important than any website. You know it Temp.

quanchi112
Show me old canon that says The Emperor is above Yoda. You know that simply isn't true.

Again I don't count new canon when it comes to their fight. Disney had nothing to do with their fight, Lucas did. What we are left with is this...

You have random new canon quotes and websites... I have the creator of the universe who directed and wrote the movie. He had Yoda disarm sids and he notes the emperor was doomed. That is vastly more important than any website. You know it Temp. Sidious won the fight. Lucas directed it. How stupid can you be ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
he killed yoda? he defeated him? Post the clip noob

quanchi112
he killed yoda? he defeated him? Post the clip noob Winning doesn't mean killing. Did Kenobi kill Maul ? You're about as stupid as it gets. Yoda got bfrd and left the fight. Sidious retained the higher ground. What's worse is Yoda even admits his massive failure. Watch the movie, you idiot.

EmperorSidious2
So you'll go with what Disney is now saying is canon... Sorry bud, I'll go ahead with what Lucas thinks. He's exponentially more important to the universe he created.. than Disney buying the company. Even the new canon, in no place does it say The Emperor is above Yoda.

Here are the facts per Lucas and the only fight they've ever had

1. Yoda was superior in sabers and disarmed him
2. In force powers Lucas notes... The emperor seems doomed once he buckled down and gave that "I'm serious now and going to kick the living shit out of you look"

For their only fight Lucas is the absolute and unquestioned authority. New canon doesn't apply to their only fight.

So really all that is is

1. A Sidious who was in a cramped position who couldn't fight in his normal way
2. SEEMS. SEEMS makes that entire statement either perception, opinion or anything else besides fact.

I respect your love for Lucas, but we must all adapt with these changing times. However I do agree that Lucas did make. These and thus his word is still important.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Winning doesn't mean killing. Did Kenobi kill Maul ? You're about as stupid as it gets. Yoda got bfrd and left the fight. Sidious retained the higher ground. What's worse is Yoda even admits his massive failure. Watch the movie, you idiot.

concession accepted, he never defeated yoda. It's so easy owning you. I own you.. AGAIN. If you have another version where Sids actually defeats yoda in combat or kills him.. post it. Until then, he never defeated Yoda, ever. Get owned.

quanchi112
Kt, is getting called out.

Throw one of your buck teeth at him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You're short and ugly, doesn't get much worse than that. I mean seriously. Buck teeth LMAO WUT?? Are you blind or something? It called a smile. Besides, your teeth are like sharp daggers... are you part vampire or something? You're ugly bro, not even in my league. I would bet all the money I have that if we went out I'd get more girls. Bet. What's worse, I've shown pictures of me WITH my girlfriend. You know that girl that blows away the girl you TRIED to say was your girlfriend. You're so transparent loser. You couldn't even post a pic with you and her (like I did).. instead you just post a pic of a girl and go this is my girlfriend LMAO. Another ownage LMAO

quanchi112
You're short and ugly, doesn't get much worse than that. I mean seriously. Buck teeth LMAO WUT?? Are you blind or something? It called a smile. Besides, your teeth are like sharp daggers... are you part vampire or something? You're ugly bro, not even in my league. I would bet all the money I have that if we went out I'd get more girls. Bet. What's worse, I've shown pictures of me WITH my girlfriend. You know that girl that blows away the girl you TRIED to say was your girlfriend. You're so transparent loser. You couldn't even post a pic with you and her (like I did).. instead you just post a pic of a girl and go this is my girlfriend LMAO. Another ownage LMAO You have buck teeth and a long face. Makes sense as your long face has the room for huge teeth. Calm down, Bucky.

Palpatine wins. Yoda admitted he failed and left. That's losing. Lucas made it clear. Watch the movie. Disney supports Palpatine's superiority.

relentless1
Yoda would probably win sabres, although we don't know really how that ended for the Emperor as that was all done offscreen, Force powers slightly goes to Sidious though and thats where he'd take this fight.

relentless1
So you'll go with what Disney is now saying is canon... Sorry bud, I'll go ahead with what Lucas thinks.

youre an idiot and a sore loser, canon is canon. Disney owns it now and what they say is now considered scripture. Get over it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
youre an idiot and a sore loser, canon is canon. Disney owns it now and what they say is now considered scripture. Get over it. Bucky got owned.

laughing out loud

Ps. He is a loser. Good call.

KuRuPT Thanosi
youre an idiot and a sore loser, canon is canon. Disney owns it now and what they say is now considered scripture. Get over it.

Wrong moron, Lucas wrote and directed the movie we saw. He tirelessly went over the novel about the movie. It's was HIS universe. Period, end of story. Disney had ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with that movie or novel being written. Not one thing. Yet, when they buy the company AFTER the fact.. you think their word counts more than who actually wrote and directed the movie? Please. I does not.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You have buck teeth and a long face. Makes sense as your long face has the room for huge teeth. Calm down, Bucky.

Palpatine wins. Yoda admitted he failed and left. That's losing. Lucas made it clear. Watch the movie. Disney supports Palpatine's superiority.

Admitting you failed in your mission to kill somebody isn't losing the fight you moron. Learn the English language. He loser, why don't you go post another picture of a random girl and claim it's your girlfriend LMAO. You're pitiful bro. You post fake pics of girls online, that says it all. As I said buddy, you're even in my league Shorty Vamp.

quanchi112
Wrong moron, Lucas wrote and directed the movie we saw. He tirelessly went over the novel about the movie. It's was HIS universe. Period, end of story. Disney had ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with that movie or novel being written. Not one thing. Yet, when they buy the company AFTER the fact.. you think their word counts more than who actually wrote and directed the movie? Please. I does not. Disney owns Star Wars now. Undeniable. You not accepting the company that now owns Star Wars makes you look like a buck toothed, long faced, and stubborn jackass.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Disney owns Star Wars now. Undeniable. You not accepting the company that now owns Star Wars makes you look like a buck toothed, long faced, and stubborn jackass.

Nobody is denying they own the company now. Nobody is denying that whatever movie comes out they are the authority. They aren't a authority on a movie they had nothing to do with. Go post some more fake girl pics you shorty ugly little fellow. LOL. How desperate LOL

quanchi112
Nobody is denying they own the company now. Nobody is denying that whatever movie comes out they are the authority. They aren't a authority on a movie they had nothing to do with. Go post some more fake girl pics you shorty ugly little fellow. LOL. How desperate LOL Lucas had Palpatine win. He had Yoda admit failure. Disney can say what they wish about the skills of the characters they own. You denying that and the film showing Palpatine win in Gifs me winning and laughing at cha, Bucky.

relentless1
Nobody is denying they own the company now. Nobody is denying that whatever movie comes out they are the authority. They aren't a authority on a movie they had nothing to do with.

actually yes they are, its the same principle behind the idea that they can scrub a bunch of novels and comic books that they didn't write either. face it, Disney canon >> Lucas canon now. Its fact. In black and white. So get over it man seriously, do yourself a favour.

quanchi112
actually yes they are, its the same principle behind the idea that they can scrub a bunch of novels and comic books that they didn't write either. face it, Disney canon >> Lucas canon now. Its fact. In black and white. So get over it man seriously, do yourself a favour. Owning the buck toothed man known as Kt.

Ps. I also heard he doesn't even have a gf just his giant chompers.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Owning the buck toothed man known as Kt.

Ps. I also heard he doesn't even have a gf just his giant chompers.

Says the guy who posts a fake girl pic and can't even post a pic with him AND that girl. I post a pic WITH the girl. What does that say? Even if that was your girl (it wasn't) my girlfriend crushes your fake girlfriend. How bad is that? My real pics beat your fake pics LMAO. Pitiful. Bro, you're ugly, literally ugly and short. It's pitiful spikey teeth. Seriously are you part canine? I asking honestly.. your teeth are ****ed up brah... It's cool though, that's still better than being short an ugly and posting fake pics LMAO

quanchi112
Says the guy who posts a fake girl pic and can't even post a pic with him AND that girl. I post a pic WITH the girl. What does that say? Even if that was your girl (it wasn't) my girlfriend crushes your fake girlfriend. How bad is that? My real pics beat your fake pics LMAO. Pitiful. Bro, you're ugly, literally ugly and short. It's pitiful spikey teeth. Seriously are you part canine? I asking honestly.. your teeth are ****ed up brah... It's cool though, that's still better than being short an ugly and posting fake pics LMAO Dude, I've been tipped off you don't have a gf just your teeth gone wild. I had TI confirm my gf as he's seen her on skype. You just have your yellow stained teeth. laughing out loud

Palpatine wins, again.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Dude, I've been tipped off you don't have a gf just your teeth gone wild. I had TI confirm my gf as he's seen her on skype. You just have your yellow stained teeth. laughing out loud

Palpatine wins, again.

Concession accepted, you posted a fake pic. Whoever your ugly girl is now, isn't the one you posted back in the day. You already admitted this girl is new. So TI confirming anything now, doesn't change you posting fake pics before LOL. You're weird brah, you Skype with dudes.... wow. This is worse than I thought.... So not only are you short and ugly with canine teeth.. your metro 2... Damn this is worse than I thought. I should've known though, you wanted to add me to your online list back in the day and chat.. I probably still have the PM with you saying we should chat online LMAO. Wanna know what I did.. I turned that shit down metro boy.. LMAO

quanchi112
Concession accepted, you posted a fake pic. Whoever your ugly girl is now, isn't the one you posted back in the day. You already admitted this girl is new. So TI confirming anything now, doesn't change you posting fake pics before LOL. You're weird brah, you Skype with dudes.... wow. This is worse than I thought.... So not only are you short and ugly with canine teeth.. your metro 2... Damn this is worse than I thought. I should've known though, you wanted to add me to your online list back in the day and chat.. I probably still have the PM with you saying we should chat online LMAO. Wanna know what I did.. I turned that shit down metro boy.. LMAO I have been with this girl for close to two years on and off. Calm down, Bucky. Just because you don't have anyone other than those yellow stained teeth no need to cry in this thread. Palpatine wins, again.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Owned. You post fake pics. Here's the reality

My real pic with me and my girl >>>>>>>>>> than posting a pic of a random girl and saying she's your girl. You were owned. Crushed. Go Skype with dudes loser LOL

quanchi112
actually yes they are, its the same principle behind the idea that they can scrub a bunch of novels and comic books that they didn't write either. face it, Disney canon >> Lucas canon now. Its fact. In black and white. So get over it man seriously, do yourself a favour. Another post Kt is fearful of. Poor lonely guy.

quanchi112
Owned. You post fake pics. Here's the reality

My real pic with me and my girl >>>>>>>>>> than posting a pic of a random girl and saying she's your girl. You were owned. Crushed. Go Skype with dudes loser LOL Dude, you are alone and sad. Hope next year pics up for you, buck. Maybe they can shrink your teeth down or something.

relentless1
back on topic gentlemen

quanchi112
back on topic gentlemen Palpatine wins.

relentless1
Palpatine wins.

thumb up

quanchi112
thumb up Only fanboys argue Yoda. The guy didn't even crush Dooku.

Juk3n
Sidious. He is above Yoda in every category, going by movie feats.

HulkIsHulk
Yoda, every single time

Juk3n
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Yoda, every single time

Based off of him coming off inferior in their only on screen fight?

Nai
People discussing wether one of them has a girlfriend or not.
Welcome to KMC kindergarten. How old are you people? 12? Are you even allowed to post here?

Back to topic: If you put them on equal ground, Yoda would most likely win. While Palpatine has the edge on Yoda with the Force (if only for his offensive abilities in comparison to the Jedi Master), he - according to the RotS script - was disarmed by the Jedi Master in lightsaber combat. If Sidious can't move into a position that gives him time to capitalize on that advantage (higher ground, enviroment), I doubt he would win.

He, after all, did lose to Mace Windu who, by all accounts, was inferior to Yoda.

Time-Immemorial
Khan one shots both these noobs.

quanchi112
Yoda, every single time laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nai
Welcome to KMC kindergarten. How old are you people? 12? Are you even allowed to post here?

Back to topic: If you put them on equal ground, Yoda would most likely win. While Palpatine has the edge on Yoda with the Force (if only for his offensive abilities in comparison to the Jedi Master), he - according to the RotS script - was disarmed by the Jedi Master in lightsaber combat. If Sidious can't move into a position that gives him time to capitalize on that advantage (higher ground, enviroment), I doubt he would win.

He, after all, did lose to Mace Windu who, by all accounts, was inferior to Yoda. Windu beat Palpatine. Yoda didn't. Yoda also didn't beat Dooku. Windu is better than Yoda with a saber. Facts matter.

relentless1
Originally posted by Nai
he - according to the RotS script - was disarmed by the Jedi Master in lightsaber combat. a.

keep in mind that Sidious wasn't able to move around, he was stuck on that senate pod, had he been able to maneuver I think that would end up differently

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Nai

He, after all, did lose to Mace Windu who, by all accounts, was inferior to Yoda.

I see where your coming from, but I believe that Sidious wouldn't need that type of advantage you say. The environmental advantage. I'm very much confident Sidious could in fact power through Yoda or eventually wear him down with his power.

Not saying your wrong cause your not since they are very evenly matched and this is movies only and the environment is different so yea.

EmperorSidious2
Windu beat Palpatine. Yoda didn't. Yoda also didn't beat Dooku. Windu is better than Yoda with a saber. Facts matter.

So does Context.

quanchi112
So does Context. Windu won a fair a one on one fight. Sidious couldn't disarm Windu but he easily disarmed Yoda. Context certainly does matter, kid.

Utrigita
It's very close, as it was also portrayed in the movie and the script. I'll say that Yoda like before will win the sword fight, because he already did that, and the same goes for palpatine in regards to the force fight. leaning towards a stalemate with a slight edge in the long run to palpatine.

Nai
Windu beat Palpatine. Yoda didn't. Yoda also didn't beat Dooku. Windu is better than Yoda with a saber. Facts matter.

You have absolutely no idea about the SW universe.

Windu beat Palpatine because the latter couldn't utilize the enviroment in order to turn a lightsaber fight (where he is strong, but not as strong as in force combat) into a force duel. And Yoda didn't beat Dooku, because he decided that it was more important to save Obi-Wan and Anakin than to stop his former apprentice.

And since "facts matter", here are the facts for you:
Yoda is, in general, recognized as the most powerful Jedi (force) and the best duellist of the order (lightsaber combat). This is pretty much confirmed by every single SW source. The noteable difference (read: context) between Sidious fights with Yoda and Mace, is the fact that Yoda didn't fight him on equal ground and that he utilized the enviroment to his advantage in both the saber fight and the "force contest".

And still Yoda was beating him in both. According to the RotS script, the Jedi Master disarmed his opponent in the saber duel, so Sidious did bring as much distance between him and the Jedi Master and started with the Senate pod throwing. Once more: Yoda manages to stop one of these pods and almost hits the Sith Lord by throwing it back into his face. And during the final moments of their duel, we see Yoda catching Sidious lightning and bending forward, while the Sith Lords bends backward, indicating that even here Yoda was about to "win" that little force contest, until the energy between the two exploded and he dropped down.

Note: On equal ground, the initial disarming of Sidious would probably have led to his defeat. And the same would have happened in a direct force contest, where both would have ended up on equal ground again, after the explosion of force powers between them.

There was a reason why Sidious tried to run away from Yoda, where he happily charged Windu who was accompanied by three other Jedi.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nai
You have absolutely no idea about the SW universe.

Windu beat Palpatine because the latter couldn't utilize the enviroment in order to turn a lightsaber fight (where he is strong, but not as strong as in force combat) into a force duel. And Yoda didn't beat Dooku, because he decided that it was more important to save Obi-Wan and Anakin than to stop his former apprentice.

And since "facts matter", here are the facts for you:
Yoda is, in general, recognized as the most powerful Jedi (force) and the best duellist of the order (lightsaber combat). This is pretty much confirmed by every single SW source. The noteable difference (read: context) between Sidious fights with Yoda and Mace, is the fact that Yoda didn't fight him on equal ground and that he utilized the enviroment to his advantage in both the saber fight and the "force contest".

And still Yoda was beating him in both. According to the RotS script, the Jedi Master disarmed his opponent in the saber duel, so Sidious did bring as much distance between him and the Jedi Master and started with the Senate pod throwing. Once more: Yoda manages to stop one of these pods and almost hits the Sith Lord by throwing it back into his face. And during the final moments of their duel, we see Yoda catching Sidious lightning and bending forward, while the Sith Lords bends backward, indicating that even here Yoda was about to "win" that little force contest, until the energy between the two exploded and he dropped down.

Note: On equal ground, the initial disarming of Sidious would probably have led to his defeat. And the same would have happened in a direct force contest, where both would have ended up on equal ground again, after the explosion of force powers between them.

There was a reason why Sidious tried to run away from Yoda, where he happily charged Windu who was accompanied by three other Jedi. Ironic since you ignore the context of pretty much everything you discuss in the Star Wars universe. Allow me to set you straight again.

That is your opinion that isn't a fact. You see my biased and clueless friend what did occur was a fact. What might have happened is an opinion which is speculative. wink

Yoda is the best in the force. That's what makes his failure even harder to swallow for Star Wars fans. You need to accept his "L." Anakin was a lot better than Kenobi as well but that didn't mean Kenobi couldn't beat him. In fact he did.

Yoda did fight him on equal ground. They both started out on even ground. The room opened up. Sidious didn't start higher up on a pod he worked toward that area and began his assault on Yoda. That's Yoda's bad. So making Yoda's disarming of him even worse due to the fact he couldn't pin a disarmed foe like Windu did. Yoda had his chance and we later see Sidious use his fl on the same pod to disarm Yoda. That didn't work on Windu when Sidious was disarmed. Your excuses are just that.

Note: Speculation.

Sidious didn't initially try to run he bragged about him feeling the power of the dark side and then had Yoda at his mercy for over 30 seconds. Try watching the fight. Sidious is an idiot and didn't press his advantage. Then after Yoda force pushed him he tried leaving but Yoda isn't Windu. Windu drew his saber immediately and wasn't going to let it happen. Yoda initially didn't even get his saber out because he's stupid and took force lightning to the body.

EmperorSidious2
One thing I would like to bring up is that Sidious was in a disadvantaged position in his lightsaber deul with Yoda. He was in a cramped position and was limited in movement while Yoda was aloud to spin around and attack at all angles.

quanchi112
One thing I would like to bring up is that Sidious was in a disadvantaged position in his lightsaber deul with Yoda. He was in a cramped position and was limited in movement while Yoda was aloud to spin around and attack at all angles. laughing out loud

No.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Juk3n
Based off of him coming off inferior in their only on screen fight?
It didn't look like that to me

StiltmanFTW
It didn't look like that to me

thumb up

Sidious got lucky, nothing more.

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Sidious got lucky, nothing more. Bs. Yoda had the chance and blew it. Sidious is better than Yoda.

StiltmanFTW
Sidious almost fell himself.

Difference between him and Yoda is, he wouldn't survive the fall.

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sidious almost fell himself.

Difference between him and Yoda is, he wouldn't survive the fall. Speculation.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Sidious never beat yoda... ever

quanchi112
Sidious never beat yoda... ever Yes, he did. Yoda never beat Palpatine though, ever. You've been mocked, Bucky.

Bentley
Yoda for a healthy majority. The bigger threat in this battle is old age.

Star428
Yoda vs Palpatine was a stalemate. Don't see how anyone can think differently.

Darth Thor
Unfortunately for Yoda he was on the edge of the senate pod when that force explosion happened, so he just fell off to the bottom of the senate room. Whereas Sidious had room to go flying back first then hang on to a railing.

Don't think Yoda was even sent flying back the way Sidious was tbh.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Star428
Yoda vs Palpatine was a stalemate. Don't see how anyone can think differently. Except Yoda's own words which say otherwise. Watch the film.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yes, he did. Yoda never beat Palpatine though, ever. You've been mocked, Bucky.

You've been forever shamed!! Not only did you admit to skyping dudes... but you tucked tail and ran from my challenge. You made a claim you pull better girls. I laughed at said claim and challenged it with production of girls throughout the years. You ran. Then again, what would I expect from somebody who puts up fake pics.

As I said before, thank God I didn't give you my AIM like you asked weirdo.

NOW, post the clip when Sids defeats Yoda. Yoda not completing his mission, doesn't mean Sids defeated him ugly.

quanchi112
You've been forever shamed!! Not only did you admit to skyping dudes... but you tucked tail and ran from my challenge. You made a claim you pull better girls. I laughed at said claim and challenged it with production of girls throughout the years. You ran. Then again, what would I expect from somebody who puts up fake pics.

As I said before, thank God I didn't give you my AIM like you asked weirdo. Yeah, it's just skyping it isn't anything homosexual. You really are a sexual deviant. Dude, TI has seen my gf on cam. I'm also fb verified.

Dude, you're so worked up. Palaptine wins whether on aim or Skype he beats Yoda's ass again.

Nai
Ironic since you ignore the context of pretty much everything you discuss in the Star Wars universe. Allow me to set you straight again.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Of course it's speculative. That's the entire idea of discussing speculative fights.

And again: Your ignorance regarding context is still quite funny.
We see Anakin and Kenobi in a direct force confrontation in their duel, when they attempt to force push each other. Both are thrown back, nobody wins. So proclaiming, that Anakin was "a lot better than Kenobi" in that situation is baseless. In general, he was. In his emotional conflicted state (having just choked out his love interest and having to duel his master and best friend) - not so much.

Which is why he loses. Making an unbelieveable stupid move against the guy on the higher ground.

Context, once more, is such a fine thing.
They had a little force confrontation on equal ground. Which was enough for Sidious to go from "I will kill you" to attempting to run away from Yoda. This could tell you something.

And yes. They start fighting on equal ground. Once more you can ask yourself why Sidious did draw the fight into the next room and then onto that pod. Apparently, because he didn't want to fight Yoda on equal ground - with good reasons. After all, he just lost to Yoda's inferior when trying to do that.

Also it isn't the same pod and Sidious was still about to lose that force contest, before the energy between the two exploded.

Note: Quanchi not being able to present any alternative, because mine is the only logical one. Thanks for playing.

Right. Yoda isn't Windu. He didn't bring three other Jedi and had them killed right in front of him. He took on Sidious on his own. And yes, he was probably too sure of himself at the beginning of that confrontation - much like Sidious. But after their initial exchange of Force attacks, Yoda was confident that he would win this fight. Sidious not.

@EmperorSidious2:
One thing I would like to bring up is that Sidious was in a disadvantaged position in his lightsaber deul with Yoda. He was in a cramped position and was limited in movement while Yoda was aloud to spin around and attack at all angles.

Wrong. I've already explained at length, why this wasn't a position of disadvantage for Sidious. Short version: Click me.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yeah, it's just skyping it isn't anything homosexual. You really are a sexual deviant. Dude, TI has seen my gf on cam. I'm also fb verified.

Dude, you're so worked up. Palaptine wins whether on aim or Skype he beats Yoda's ass again.

Don't believe you. Even if so, that only shows right now, I'm talking about through our adults lives. I pull, you wish you did. Simple.

Dude, I've never skyped with a girl. EVER. The thought hasn't even crossed my mind. You're a weirdo. As I said, I'm glad I never gave you my aim.

Again, he never beat Yoda, EVER. Post the clip if you have it then

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Nai
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Of course it's speculative. That's the entire idea of discussing speculative fights.

We see Anakin and Kenobi in a direct force confrontation in their duel, when they attempt to force push each other. Both are thrown back, nobody wins. So proclaiming, that Anakin was "a lot better than Kenobi" in that situation is baseless. In general, he was. In his emotional conflicted state (having just choked out his love interest and having to duel his master and best friend) - not so much.

Which is why he loses. Making an unbelieveable stupid move against the guy on the higher ground.

They had a little force confrontation on equal ground. Which was enough for Sidious to go from "I will kill you" to attempting to run away from Yoda. This could tell you something.

And yes. They start fighting on equal ground. Once more you can ask yourself why Sidious did draw the fight into the next room and then onto that pod. Apparently, because he didn't want to fight Yoda on equal ground - with good reasons. After all, he just lost to Yoda's inferior when trying to do that.

Also it isn't the same pod and Sidious was still about to lose that force contest, before the energy between the two exploded.

Note: Quanchi not being able to present any alternative, because mine is the only logical one. Thanks for playing.

Right. Yoda isn't Windu. He didn't bring three other Jedi and had them killed right in front of him. He took on Sidious on his own. And yes, he was probably too sure of himself at the beginning of that confrontation - much like Sidious. But after their initial exchange of Force attacks, Yoda was confident that he would win this fight. Sidious not.

@EmperorSidious2:

Wrong. I've already explained at length, why this wasn't a position of disadvantage for Sidious. Short version: Click me.

Do try and make logical sense to Quan. He thinks Sids defeated Yoda, when no such thing was ever shown. He thinks somehow that somehow if a boxer goes in there with the mission and claim he's going to KO his foe... If thinks if he doesn't do so, but still wins... it's actually a lose for him since he didn't complete his stated goal to KO the guy. It's idiocy 101

Astner
Yoda seemed to have a slight advantage in his fight against Palpatine.

I've always seen it as: Yoda ≥ Palpatine ≥ Mace Windu, but it's very marginal so it could go either way.

relentless1

Actually if you watch Sidious' fight against Mace and his fight against Maul/Savage he needs a fair bit of room to maneuver and make the most of his fighting style. He certainly wasn't getting that standing still in the Chancellors pod.

Darth Thor
Actually if you watch Sidious' fight against Mace and his fight against Maul/Savage he needs a fair bit of room to maneuver and make the most of his fighting style. He certainly wasn't getting that standing still in the Chancellors pod.

That was his choice though. They were fighting on neutral ground, yet Palpatine chose not to continue that.

Probably to attempt to gain a high ground advantage, and make better use of his Force powers presumably because he didn't feel too confident carrying on the Saber fight on neutral ground.

Darth Thor
As for the "Yoda got disarmed by Palpatine's Lightning wheras Mace didn't" argument, remember Palpatine's initial burst of FL against Mace had Mace move himself and his Saber backwards to brace for the attack and catch the Lightning.

Yoda was on the edge of the senate pod so instead of moving backwards to catch Palpatine's FL on his Saber, he just opted to let his Saber fall back and deflect the Lightning with his hands.

Nai

Unlike Yoda, who is jumping around like a mad muppet in his fights, with extensive movement on ground level as well?

BvnwLLXHabg

I'm fairly sure that Sidious doesn't use half as much space for manouvers, especially compared to his relative size in comparison to Yoda.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nai
roll eyes (sarcastic)

@EmperorSidious2:

Wrong. I've already explained at length, why this wasn't a position of disadvantage for Sidious. Short version: Click me. Your speculative nonsense doesn't take the place of facts. What I'm saying is based off what actually hapekenhappened which takes precedence over your wild imagination.

I am saying Anakin is a more powerful force user than Kenobi not that it equates to he can't ever lose to Kenobi. He clearly did. Using the force like any other attack is based on timing. Both force users attacked at around the same time so both were knocked backwards because of it. According to Sidious himself Anakin was more powerful than Dooku who was clearly more force powerful than Kenobi.

Anakin was usually arrogant. He made another stupid run first maneuver against Dooku in aotc. He was overconfident which is another blatant Sith quality. He paid the price for his arrogance.

Sidious was overconfident and allowed Yoda the time to recover and left himself defenseless. Yoda hurt him and showed him that his life was indeed in jeopardy. His cowardice flared up then.

Sidious also didn't knock Windu down for over thirty seconds leaving him defenseless. So pretending he is Windu's superior in a duel is just that when direct evidence suggests otherwise. Yoda failed to best Dooku in the time he had against him with a saber before Dooku fled.

Yoda allowed him to gain the higher ground. That's on him. They both started on equal ground. Windu didn't allow him more than a few feet away from him and kept him pinned down. Just as Kenobi took the higher ground against Anakin Yoda also paid the price for being so far below him.

Your imagination isn't a legitimate point nor does it stop me from providing an alternative but unlike you I debate based off facts not what ifs.

Yoda didn't have three other Jedi to bring with him. He sent Kenobi after Anakin and went himself after Sidious. He didn ring Kenobi against some clones to gain entrance into the temple so if a Jedi is available he has brought one before. Quit ignoring the fact there were two more Jedi and Yoda failed per his own words.

Yoda lost so his confidence was misplaced maybe. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Don't believe you. Even if so, that only shows right now, I'm talking about through our adults lives. I pull, you wish you did. Simple.

Dude, I've never skyped with a girl. EVER. The thought hasn't even crossed my mind. You're a weirdo. As I said, I'm glad I never gave you my aim.

Again, he never beat Yoda, EVER. Post the clip if you have it then

I am fb verified but if you'd like I could message Bada and he can confirm.

I've skyped with women but if I've talked with someone from on here it isn't homosexual so quit being creepy.

He did beat Yoda in the film. Yoda failed and even said so.

relentless1
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That was his choice though. They were fighting on neutral ground, yet Palpatine chose not to continue that.

Probably to attempt to gain a high ground advantage, and make better use of his Force powers presumably because he didn't feel too confident carrying on the Saber fight on neutral ground.

we don't know that, the scene cuts from them being on neutral ground to all of a sudden them being in the chancellors pod, we don't really know how that played out or how Sidious all of a sudden had the high ground when he started chucking senate pods at Yoda

Darth Thor
we don't know that, the scene cuts from them being on neutral ground to all of a sudden them being in the chancellors pod, we don't really know how that played out or how Sidious all of a sudden had the high ground when he started chucking senate pods at Yoda

Actually we do:

The script:

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-Revenge-of-the-Sith.html

"PALPATINE seeks refuge in the vast Senate Chamber. He gets into the Chancellor's Podium and it starts to rise up into the Arena."

Nai
Your speculative nonsense doesn't take the place of facts. What I'm saying is based off what actually hapekenhappened which takes precedence over your wild imagination.

roll eyes (sarcastic)
You don't apply context to the "facts" which is equal to missrepresenting them. If you want to ignore context, you may want to refrain from arguing any kind of fictional work. Ignoring context, Spock can outsmart Khan in every given situation, because he did so once. Do you spot the error in that kind of "logic"?

roll eyes (sarcastic)
I know, and by far better than you, that Anakin is more powerful than Kenobi. Yet, based on on-screen evidence he isn't. Not in that particular situation. Otherwise he would have overpowered Kenobi with ease in that particular scene. He doesn't.

He was heralded as "The Chosen One" and the most powerful Jedi in history. That tends to make people a little bit overconfident. Arrogant? Well. He ususally didn't take risks that he couldn't handle.

Cowardice? To a certain extend, yes. But it would be illogical to assume that Sidious was acting out of baseless fear, rather than calculating his chances and assuming that losing was a definite option. It wasn't for Yoda.

Maybe because Windu had his lightsaber out already, when Sidious launched the attack - unlike Yoda. Windu could barely deflect Sidious' lightning with the help of his saber. Yoda did so with his bare hands. And what does Dooku have to do with that? Dooku was widely regarded as Windu's equal and he, much like Sidious, didn't run without a reason. He realized that he had no chance against Yoda and hence did flee.

Erm. Did you even watch "Revenge of the Sith"? Windu is driven backward by Sidious in the initial phase of their duel, after having watched three of his fellow Jedi die at the hands of the Sith Lord. Yoda was driving Sidious back until they reach the podium. According to the script, Sidious - after losing his weapon - started to blast Yoda with Force Lightning instantly (which he didn't do against Windu) and then used the distraction to remove himself from the close range situation.

Assuming equal ground: He would go where exactly?

You still didn't provide an alternative, because you have no imagination. Which is kind of hindering, when trying to debate fictional fights between fictional characters. You're probably at the wrong place with your mindset, Quanchimon.

Erm.
Do you realize, that you are - essentially - arguing, that the guy who lost three mates to Sidious in a 4 on 1 situation and then managed to beat him on equal ground, is superior to the guy who almost managed to beat him in a 1 vs 1 situation, and just failed because of circumstances and outright bad luck? Just asking.

According to your logic, Windu also lost, because at the end, he was dead. He even performed worse than Yoda, who at least left the arena alive. So even according to your skewed Quanchilogic, Yoda > Mace.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nai
roll eyes (sarcastic)
You don't apply context to the "facts" which is equal to missrepresenting them. If you want to ignore context, you may want to refrain from arguing any kind of fictional work. Ignoring context, Spock can outsmart Khan in every given situation, because he did so once. Do you spot the error in that kind of "logic"?

roll eyes (sarcastic)
I know, and by far better than you, that Anakin is more powerful than Kenobi. Yet, based on on-screen evidence he isn't. Not in that particular situation. Otherwise he would have overpowered Kenobi with ease in that particular scene. He doesn't.

He was heralded as "The Chosen One" and the most powerful Jedi in history. That tends to make people a little bit overconfident. Arrogant? Well. He ususally didn't take risks that he couldn't handle.

Cowardice? To a certain extend, yes. But it would be illogical to assume that Sidious was acting out of baseless fear, rather than calculating his chances and assuming that losing was a definite option. It wasn't for Yoda.

Maybe because Windu had his lightsaber out already, when Sidious launched the attack - unlike Yoda. Windu could barely deflect Sidious' lightning with the help of his saber. Yoda did so with his bare hands. And what does Dooku have to do with that? Dooku was widely regarded as Windu's equal and he, much like Sidious, didn't run without a reason. He realized that he had no chance against Yoda and hence did flee.

Erm. Did you even watch "Revenge of the Sith"? Windu is driven backward by Sidious in the initial phase of their duel, after having watched three of his fellow Jedi die at the hands of the Sith Lord. Yoda was driving Sidious back until they reach the podium. According to the script, Sidious - after losing his weapon - started to blast Yoda with Force Lightning instantly (which he didn't do against Windu) and then used the distraction to remove himself from the close range situation.

Assuming equal ground: He would go where exactly?

You still didn't provide an alternative, because you have no imagination. Which is kind of hindering, when trying to debate fictional fights between fictional characters. You're probably at the wrong place with your mindset, Quanchimon.

Erm.
Do you realize, that you are - essentially - arguing, that the guy who lost three mates to Sidious in a 4 on 1 situation and then managed to beat him on equal ground, is superior to the guy who almost managed to beat him in a 1 vs 1 situation, and just failed because of circumstances and outright bad luck? Just asking.

According to your logic, Windu also lost, because at the end, he was dead. He even performed worse than Yoda, who at least left the arena alive. So even according to your skewed Quanchilogic, Yoda > Mace. Spock was given advice from Spock prime and lied to him. Khan still didn't die despite two Spocks and the enterprise crew all working together against him. Without Kirk they all would have died and Khan would have lived. In a battle thread Khan isn't trying to get back his crew.

laughing out loud

He is more powerful just not more formidable. Lots of boxers and UFC fighters are more powerful that doesn't make them invulnerable. Look at George Foreman vs Muhammad Ali. Foreman had the power but was beaten by the weaker opponent.

He was arrogant. Points to Dooku loss and Kenobi loss. His losses cost him limbs. He was an idiot in combat multiple times taking chances he shouldn't have taken acting reckless.

Once Palpatine realized he might lose or die he wanted no part of it. Yoda called him out. Palpatine should have exited when Yoda was down or at the very least pressed his advantage.

Yoda is going there to kill him so why his saber isn't out is ridiculous. He also doesn't need his saber out to redirect force lightning. Windu was smarter and unsheathed his saber right away. Yoda erred in judgment unlike Windu. Windu did deflect it and it hideously scarred Palpatine. Sidious directly hit Yoda initially and the second time he disarmed him. Those damn facts standing in your way.

Backward just as Sidious went back. On equal ground he was still disarmed while Windu wasn't.

Speculation on your imagination is the art of the fool. Basing our conclusions on facts is the only way to properly debate.

The guys Windu brought didn't even survive more than 25 seconds. Opress lasted longer so they were easy Pickens and Windu won a fair one on one fight. He didn't press any advantage the numerical advantage gave him because they died rather quickly.

Luck is your perception which isn't a fact. What happened is Yoda lost and Windu won. Biased posters use words like luck to describe results that don't sit well with them.

Windu won as Sidious was no longer able to defend himself and Anakin betrayed an ally. Context, sport. Windu wasn't ko'd for over thirty seconds either one on one like Yoda was. Those amazing facts always supporting meanwhile the only thing supporting you is your wild and kooky imagination.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually we do:

The script:

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-Revenge-of-the-Sith.html

"PALPATINE seeks refuge in the vast Senate Chamber. He gets into the Chancellor's Podium and it starts to rise up into the Arena."

Don't tell that to the Sids apologists... They think he threw the fight.. and even while throwing the fight he was at a disadvantage because of the terrain.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

relentless1
If it isn't on screen then it didn't happen, movies should be able to explain thing on their own, supplementary material should not be required

Nai
Spock was given advice from Spock prime and lied to him. Khan still didn't die despite two Spocks and the enterprise crew all working together against him. Without Kirk they all would have died and Khan would have lived. In a battle thread Khan isn't trying to get back his crew.

laughing out loud

Oh. So you are capable of applying context. Why don't you exercise your ability here?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nobody denies that.

Irrelevant to a new version of this fight discussed in this thread here, were both are ready and willing to kill eachother (which usually means no banter before the fight).

I wonder how any of that facts does stand in my way. As I see it, the subject of the discussion is their ability to fight eachother, not errors in judgement, since they won't apply anyway. May I quote the OP of this thread:

"Who would win a proper fight and proper to the death, no falling off a platform and crawling down a ventilation shaft cuz clone troopers be coming"

Emphasis mine.
By this, I assume the threadstarter had a fight on equal ground in mind, where both opponents would be aware of the respective opponents strength and act accordingly. You are, essentially, trying to proof that Sidious did "win" his RotS duel with Yoda, which is of no consequences to this debate here.

The facts that matter here are:

1) Yoda disarmed Sidious in a lightsaber fight.
2) They stalemated in a direct force contest.

If Sidious can't really kill Yoda with the Force (we see him trying and failing) and vice versa, but Yoda can disarm Sidious (whom we see without lightsaber), then the conclusion for a "proper fight" on equal ground would be: Yoda wins.

Once more: Context.
That "equal ground" was Sidious blasting Yoda, when Yoda jumped onto a pod that Sidious already occupied. It's very unlikely that this would have happened on equal ground (since we already know that the lesser Force user Mace Windu was capable of defending against Sidious lightning). Furthermore you are ignoring the fact that Sidious was disarmed first.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I base my conclusions on facts. You base your conclusions on facts that do not matter for this discussion, which is the moron way to debate.

Translation: If anybody but Quanchi's current favorite (here: Mace Windu) doesn't capitalize on an advantage, they are idiots. If Quanchi's favorite does the same, it is time to gloss over that fact. thumb up

Did you even read my posting? roll eyes (sarcastic)

For facts supporting my oppinion. See above.
And I find it hilarious that you point out context. Context for you: Yoda failed because he was lighter than Sidious, who wasn't thrown down to the Senate chamber when the force energies between the Jedi Master and the Sith Lord exploded. Won't happen on equal ground. Yoda couldn't go back up and continue the fight, because Clone Troopers were already on their way to protect the new emperor. Won't happen in this very setup of the fight.

So. How is Sidious going to win exactly, Quanchimon? Answer or kindly shut up and troll elsewhere.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nai
Oh. So you are capable of applying context. Why don't you exercise your ability here?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nobody denies that.

Irrelevant to a new version of this fight discussed in this thread here, were both are ready and willing to kill eachother (which usually means no banter before the fight).

I wonder how any of that facts does stand in my way. As I see it, the subject of the discussion is their ability to fight eachother, not errors in judgement, since they won't apply anyway. May I quote the OP of this thread:

"Who would win a proper fight and proper to the death, no falling off a platform and crawling down a ventilation shaft cuz clone troopers be coming"

Emphasis mine.
By this, I assume the threadstarter had a fight on equal ground in mind, where both opponents would be aware of the respective opponents strength and act accordingly. You are, essentially, trying to proof that Sidious did "win" his RotS duel with Yoda, which is of no consequences to this debate here.

The facts that matter here are:

1) Yoda disarmed Sidious in a lightsaber fight.
2) They stalemated in a direct force contest.

If Sidious can't really kill Yoda with the Force (we see him trying and failing) and vice versa, but Yoda can disarm Sidious (whom we see without lightsaber), then the conclusion for a "proper fight" on equal ground would be: Yoda wins.

Once more: Context.
That "equal ground" was Sidious blasting Yoda, when Yoda jumped onto a pod that Sidious already occupied. It's very unlikely that this would have happened on equal ground (since we already know that the lesser Force user Mace Windu was capable of defending against Sidious lightning). Furthermore you are ignoring the fact that Sidious was disarmed first.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I base my conclusions on facts. You base your conclusions on facts that do not matter for this discussion, which is the moron way to debate.

Translation: If anybody but Quanchi's current favorite (here: Mace Windu) doesn't capitalize on an advantage, they are idiots. If Quanchi's favorite does the same, it is time to gloss over that fact. thumb up

Did you even read my posting? roll eyes (sarcastic)

For facts supporting my oppinion. See above.
And I find it hilarious that you point out context. Context for you: Yoda failed because he was lighter than Sidious, who wasn't thrown down to the Senate chamber when the force energies between the Jedi Master and the Sith Lord exploded. Won't happen on equal ground. Yoda couldn't go back up and continue the fight, because Clone Troopers were already on their way to protect the new emperor. Won't happen in this very setup of the fight.

So. How is Sidious going to win exactly, Quanchimon? Answer or kindly shut up and troll elsewhere. What you brought up doesn't apply to a combat fight in any way. I bring up combat situations that are relevant to the thread. Try and stay relevant, ok ?

A roll eyes doesn't rebut my point but concession accepted.

So you concede another point. Moving on.

They tried to kill each other here as well. Do you think either would have not killed the other had they had the chance ? FFS.

Yoda had time to win at multiple points in the fight but losing the higher ground again doesn't bode well for him. The evidence is against you and crawling on his hands and knees to escape pansy ass Yoda.

I am simply relying on the evidence a fight between the two of them does bring to the table. Ignoring evidence is kind of your thing not mine. You just let your silly little imagination decide these fights.

Yoda disarmed but failed to beat him. Palpatine disarmed him and knocked him off the pod win in the duel just not taking Yoda's life. Strategy matters and Palpatine clearly had the better strategy despite not having a saber for the final part of the fight we see.

We don't see how Yoda disarms Sidious though we do see how Sidious disarms Yoda. Emphasis mine. The evidence we see is clearly greater than the evidence we don't see because the context is unknown. Yoda has to be ready for the fl and he wasn't great enough to completely redirect it back at Sidious without hitting him. Yoda wasn't even great enough with force powers to best Dooku.

Emphasis mine.

Who cares ? We see Sidious more than defend himself when he's disarmed but Yoda not so much. Sidious used fl twice and both times it was effective. Once it temp ko'd him and the second time it disarmed and send Yoda careening off the pod. He used it against Windu and he sent it back at Sidious. I know facts tend to confuse that wild imagination of yours but they won't change no matter how many times you attempt to spin them.

You base your conclusion on skewed facts or imaginative bullshit.

I despise Windu but he showed intelligence and got shit done. I like Palpatine ten times more than I like Windu but that doesn't override the facts.

Yes, but unlike you I can rebut your points.

On equal ground Sidious ko'd him you Neanderthal. laughing out loud

Continue to ignore the facts and pretend Yoda wins.

Nail him with force lightning and capitalize. He can go blow for blow with sabers but his force powers are clearly more dangerous. The best Yoda can do is send a ball of energy that knocks them both back a ways but doesn't clearly damage either one. Sidious can ko Yoda with fl because he already has.

Nai
Making it short.

Nail him with force lightning and capitalize.

Yoda has demonstrated the ability to absorb and redirect Sidious lightning, even when being hit with it while not prepared to do so. Do you accept that fact, or do you want to go on ingoring it?

He can't go blow for blow with sabers, which is pretty apparent from the fact that he loses his lightsaber in the duel with Yoda. Do you accept that fact, or do you want to go on ignoring it?

Actually, Yoda can force push Sidious into the next wall and capitalize on the Sith Lord trying to reorder his clothes - because he already has. And unlike Yoda showing a defense against Force lightning later, Sidious didn't show any kind of defense against Yoda force pushing him.

At the end of the day, Yoda would defeat Sidious with sabers and stalemate him with the Force. Advantage Yoda.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nai
Making it short.

Yoda has demonstrated the ability to absorb and redirect Sidious lightning, even when being hit with it while not prepared to do so. Do you accept that fact, or do you want to go on ingoring it?

He can't go blow for blow with sabers, which is pretty apparent from the fact that he loses his lightsaber in the duel with Yoda. Do you accept that fact, or do you want to go on ignoring it?

Actually, Yoda can force push Sidious into the next wall and capitalize on the Sith Lord trying to reorder his clothes - because he already has. And unlike Yoda showing a defense against Force lightning later, Sidious didn't show any kind of defense against Yoda force pushing him.

At the end of the day, Yoda would defeat Sidious with sabers and stalemate him with the Force. Advantage Yoda. Yoda also at his best can redirect the blast into both he and Palpatine. If Palpatine is further away the residual blast won't hit him just Yoda. I am looking at exactly what happened after he disarmed Yoda. laughing out loud

We don't know the context of how his saber was disarmed exactly. We see them go blow for blow and even when he was disarmed he was still fine. Yoda failed to capitalize. Do you accept this fact or not ?

If Sidious sits there and cackles like a moron. I for one don't think he will do that again with Yoda fine and in front of him. He was not prepared and it caught him off guard. Yoda can't just force push him at will into defeat. Don't be silly.

Fl wins this for Sidious. The further he is away the residual blast only hits Yoda. If he connects he ko's Yoda.

Emphasis: Palpatine.

Darth Thor
If it isn't on screen then it didn't happen, movies should be able to explain thing on their own, supplementary material should not be required

You just said yourself we don't know what happened because the scene is missing. When you're explained what happened in the missing scene from the script itself you dismiss it as not being art of the movie erm

And btw it seemed clear to me personally that In The Film Sidious chose to be on that platform, because how/why would Yoda force him there?

So to me it is clear from the film. BUT if that's not good enough and you want definitive proof, then simply go back to the script, so the film makers intention is clear.

relentless1
fair enough. filling in the gaps is acceptable i suppose, ill give you that one but that doesnt change the fact that Sidious wasn't is a prime environment once he was on that podium, that area was more suited for Yodas small stature and wild technique. Sidious made a mistake in going there but he made up for it by gaining higher ground.

Darth Thor
^ But why did he go there in the first place? It seems because he wasn't confident of winning the Saber fight even on neutral ground, so opted for the senate pod which was his best chance to gain the high ground and make use of his Force Powers.

Highlighting that he's probably much closer to being Yoda's equal in Force Powers than he is in Sabers, and understood the environment he lead the fight to better than Yoda (or perhaps is just a superior tactician to Yoda).

KuRuPT Thanosi

And yet you still feel like Sids threw the fight. when there isn't a shred of concrete proof of any such thing. Not once in the movie or the novel did Lucas ever, ever, mentioned Sids throwing the fight. There is literally nothing like that, anywhere. A five year old would watch the movie, and go, Windu beat Palps. It's all right there and easy to see. Yet, you still side with inference and speculation instead of cold hard facts. If you actually took your own advice, you wouldn't feel he threw the fight.

Nai
Yoda also at his best can redirect the blast into both he and Palpatine. If Palpatine is further away the residual blast won't hit him just Yoda. I am looking at exactly what happened after he disarmed Yoda. laughing out loud

Yeah. Because that's how deflecting force lightning works.

BvnwLLXHabg

Not.

Yes. We don't know the context, but we know that the saber is gone. I can also point to what we actually see:

9DI8kkR9G0Q

Going by the faces of Sidious and the sounds he makes, he struggles quite more in that lightsaber fight than Yoda does.

Much like Sidious can't force lightning Yoda into defeat. Don't be silly.

See first Clip above. The further he is away from Yoda, the easier it would be to deflect the lightning with risidual blasts hitting nobody.

Apparently, you don't even know what "emphasis" means. And Yoda still wins. smile

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm still waiting for that deleted scene where Sids beats Yoda as Quan is claiming

Darth Thor
Ah it's funny watching Nai make an idiot out of Quanchi's trolling "arguments".

KuRuPT Thanosi
He's definitive in combating buffoonery

relentless1
And yet you still feel like Sids threw the fight. when there isn't a shred of concrete proof of any such thing. Not once in the movie or the novel did Lucas ever, ever, mentioned Sids throwing the fight. There is literally nothing like that, anywhere. A five year old would watch the movie, and go, Windu beat Palps. It's all right there and easy to see. Yet, you still side with inference and speculation instead of cold hard facts. If you actually took your own advice, you wouldn't feel he threw the fight.

all my observations about palpatine throwing that fight IS right there on the screen, I've gone over this ad nauseous and I'm not gonna tread that ground again, go find the thread where we had this long debate if you want to revisit my solid observations

KuRuPT Thanosi
all my observations about palpatine throwing that fight IS right there on the screen, I've gone over this ad nauseous and I'm not gonna tread that ground again, go find the thread where we had this long debate if you want to revisit my solid observations

I know your argument very well, and nothing, nothing has ever been stated in canon that says he threw the fight. Not a single quote in either the movie or the book. Odd such an important plot point was never mentioned don't ya think. In the end, we don't need to go over it again. I just thought it was funny to see you say, the movie provides all we need. When in fact, in this case, you don't view it that way. You use inference, speculation and guessing to come to a conclusion that was never stated.. by anyone... ever. Those things aren't close to the same level of proof as what I have.

EmperorSidious2
Ohh no. Don't get into the Sidious threw the fight or not debate again. It doesn't really matter since Sidious is above Windu in sabers and the force anyway. With Vaaapd he could stand as perfect equal meaning that without it or him under more normal circumstances he wouldn't be as fast or as powerful. In other words

Sidious>Mace and that's undeniable whether you think Sidious threw the fight or not. T

Darth Thor
Sidious is above Windu in sabers

Is there actually any proof of that?

relentless1

Windus has one showing of lightsaber combat, which he won via dive

Sidious has three lightsaber showings: one where he took a dive, one that he seemed to have lost to Yoda (who is Maces superior) and one against Savage and Maul where he made them look like children. I think based on that showing alone he's above Mace, the only person he ever actually lost to was Maces superior in combat skills.

Darth Thor

Sidious has three lightsaber showings: one where he took a dive, one that he seemed to have lost to Yoda (who is Maces superior) and one against Savage and Maul where he made them look like children. I think based on that showing alone he's above Mace, the only person he ever actually lost to was Maces superior in combat skills.

That's not really proof tbh. After all Mace is the 2nd most powerful Jedi. So best to judge by the Saber fight they had Imo.

That's not to say Mace > Sidious. Because Sidious still has greater overall force powers which would win him the fight under different circumstances, like in the senate room fight scenario.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nai
Yeah. Because that's how deflecting force lightning works.

BvnwLLXHabg

Not.

Yes. We don't know the context, but we know that the saber is gone. I can also point to what we actually see:

9DI8kkR9G0Q

Going by the faces of Sidious and the sounds he makes, he struggles quite more in that lightsaber fight than Yoda does.

Much like Sidious can't force lightning Yoda into defeat. Don't be silly.

See first Clip above. The further he is away from Yoda, the easier it would be to deflect the lightning with risidual blasts hitting nobody.

Apparently, you don't even know what "emphasis" means. And Yoda still wins. smile That is how Yoda deflected Dooku's Lightning but he wasn't able to do that to Palpatine's. Do you feel you can dismiss Palpatine and substitute Dooku in ? Are they the same power level ?

He snarls and hisses. We see him do so against Windu as well. That didn't have anything to do with the moment he was disarmed by Windu so once again you're reaching. The fact remains we don't know the context, imagination station.

Sidious used the attack twice. Once it ko'd him, the second time it disarmed him while Yoda ended up careening off the pod. That's two for two, sport. The force push didn't ko him either.

That was Dooku whose force lightning is weaker than Palpatine's. We see Yoda can't casually deflect his lightning and the residual blast impacted those within close proximity. That would be Yoda.

Emphasis: Palpatine my dim witted friend.

quanchi112
I'm still waiting for that deleted scene where Sids beats Yoda as Quan is claiming Yoda said he failed and he fled. Him leaving is him losing. Do you know how any of this works ?

quanchi112
Ah it's funny watching Nai make an idiot out of Quanchi's trolling "arguments". At least he still has the courage to face me every couple of months, coward.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Ridiculous doesn't even describe this post. Let's totally ignore their ACTUAL fight against one another, and instead, we'll talk about other irrelevant fights. The single most important fight we can look at or use as proof of who would win between Sids and Mace in saber combat... is, well, look at this shocking news... THE ACTUAL FIGHT BETWEEN THEM.

You can keep on insisting Sids threw the fight but you've been totally owned on the subject with absolute ease. You and I both know that your theory relies on speculation and inference and guess work. My side relies on canon proof shown over and over again. One is a justifiable and logically sound position based on canon. Yours is, well, not even admissible in court.

EmperorSidious2

Yes. That he needed Vaapad which is his combative form, but still performed as said in the novel that boosted him to be his perfect equal. So really under normal circumstances he is below the Yoda/Sidious level of deuling.

quanchi112
Yes. That he needed Vaapad which is his combative form, but still performed as said in the novel that boosted him to be his perfect equal. So really under normal circumstances he is below they Yoda/Sidious level of deuling. So made can't use his skills but Sidious can use the dark side ? Hypocrisy 101.

EmperorSidious2
So made can't use his skills but Sidious can use the dark side ? Hypocrisy 101.

I'm not discounting it or saying he can't use it. I'm just saying that it's detailed very clearly in the novel and thus translated very well in the movie that there was some funny business going on with Vaapad. He is welcome to use the form as he wishes since it is his style and he created it, I'm just saying what it does tipped the scales as said in the novel and thus translated in the movies.

quanchi112
I'm not discounting it or saying he can't use it. I'm just saying that it's detailed very clearly in the novel and thus translated very well in the movie that there was some funny business going on with Vaapad. He is welcome to use the form as he wishes since it is his style and he created it, I'm just saying what it does tipped the scales as said in the novel and thus translated in the movies. So you believe his style is greatly effective against Sidious but hypocritically dismiss it while saying its ok for Darth Sidious to use the dark side.

EmperorSidious2
So you believe his style is greatly effective against Sidious but hypocritically dismiss it while saying its ok for Darth Sidious to use the dark side.

It was highly effective against him in that one combat situation yes it was, he was his perfect equal. Also did you read my last post here let me show you this part.

He is welcome to use the form as he wishes since it is his style and he created it,

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yes. That he needed Vaapad which is his combative form, but still performed as said in the novel that boosted him to be his perfect equal. So really under normal circumstances he is below the Yoda/Sidious level of deuling.

As we've discussed, this is his saber form.. he would have that ability each and every time against Sids. To act differently, is being disingenuous

quanchi112
It was highly effective against him in that one combat situation yes it was, he was his perfect equal. Also did you read my last post here let me show you this part.

He is welcome to use the form as he wishes since it is his style and he created it, He wasn't his equal he was his superior. He won.

So you concede the point.

EmperorSidious2
He wasn't his equal he was his superior. He won.

So you concede the point.

https://youtu.be/thsFbDtLrVg 4:32-5:00 count it discount it for it isn't movie or clone wars/rebels material just thought you should be enlightened about this since it is canon just not usable as evidence here however this is about Yoda vs Palaptine not Mace vs Sidious. Also I think you should know mace only one by use of environment not superior speed, or technical mastery, since he in the novel he uses the environment, a brilliant tactic I might add to make sidiosu slow down so he wouldn't slip off so he hesitated for a second and took advantage of that according to the novel. In the movie we see Sidious is his equal with the blade as neither disarms the other through superior swordmanship.

EmperorSidious2
As we've discussed, this is his saber form.. he would have that ability each and every time against Sids. To act differently, is being disingenuous

First of all stop Ok. You and I have been through this time again. My position has not changed. Never once have I tried to take Vaapad away from Mace. It is his style of combat a style he made. I know that, there is no need for you to be like a parrot and repeat yourself. However even you with your thick skull can't put aside that it however did have a dramatic affect on his combat performance that you yourself IIRC agreed mace would never see again even if he fought Sidious again I mean legit. Don't pull that of course he wouldn't because he's dead crap.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I certainly never agreed with that at all. I never said he wouldn't have the vaapad boost from Sids. He would get that each and every time. The only thing I said he might not get.. is his extra motivation realizing the fate of the galaxy was at stake. He might even have that, considering it was Sidious (a sith lord and his archenemy). However, it could be that Mace realized how Dire things were.. a sith lord was actually in control of the senate. Such an exact situation might not happen again, but he would also get a boost from Sids dark side powers. Always.

quanchi112
https://youtu.be/thsFbDtLrVg 4:32-5:00 count it discount it for it isn't movie or clone wars/rebels material just thought you should be enlightened about this since it is canon just not usable as evidence here however this is about Yoda vs Palaptine not Mace vs Sidious. Also I think you should know mace only one by use of environment not superior speed, or technical mastery, since he in the novel he uses the environment, a brilliant tactic I might add to make sidiosu slow down so he wouldn't slip off so he hesitated for a second and took advantage of that according to the novel. In the movie we see Sidious is his equal with the blade as neither disarms the other through superior swordmanship. That entire rant is based on his interpretation of the fight. You stole his argument and tried passing it off your own, lol.

In the film Windu clearly deflects the fl right back into face. Most of his points were off but then again I have already thoroughly smashed these points already.

EmperorSidious2
That entire rant is based on his interpretation of the fight. You stole his argument and tried passing it off your own, lol.

In the film Windu clearly deflects the fl right back into face. Most of his points were off but then again I have already thoroughly smashed these points already.

I actually showed you the time stamp to show you the quote that shows its impass, they were even. Not taking anything else but the quote that realisticly is in the novel and out there so explain how I'm stealing.

Explain how that has anything to do with what I said. I'll tell you nothing cause I said nothing about the lighting, this was all about his saber skills.

EmperorSidious2
I certainly never agreed with that at all. I never said he wouldn't have the vaapad boost from Sids. He would get that each and every time. The only thing I said he might not get.. is his extra motivation realizing the fate of the galaxy was at stake. He might even have that, considering it was Sidious (a sith lord and his archenemy). However, it could be that Mace realized how Dire things were.. a sith lord was actually in control of the senate. Such an exact situation might not happen again, but he would also get a boost from Sids dark side powers. Always.

You misunderstood. He would get the boost just not to the same level. That's what I meant not that he wouldn't get a boost just not that boost speciffacly.

quanchi112
I actually showed you the time stamp to show you the quote that shows its impass, they were even. Not taking anything else but the quote that realisticly is in the novel and out there so explain how I'm stealing.

Explain how that has anything to do with what I said. I'll tell you nothing cause I said nothing about the lighting, this was all about his saber skills.

The same argument you've been pedaling for months is from this guy.

Yeah, in the fight Windu disarms him. Period. laughing out loud

EmperorSidious2
The same argument you've been pedaling for months is from this guy.

Yeah, in the fight Windu disarms him. Period. laughing out loud

Stay on track here. I'm asking you to tell me how I'm stealing when all I pulled was a quote that is very public since its in a novelization. I didn't say this whole video proves I'm right, I didn't do that I gave you a specific time frame where it showed a public quote. So tell me now how I stole his video or you concede.

With saber skills? Do show me how. What I saw was he kicked him with his foot. The movie shows a kick not any sign of technical mastery, just better use of the environment which is smart, but isn't a replacement for technical sophistication.

quanchi112
Stay on track here. I'm asking you to tell me how I'm stealing when all I pulled was a quote that is very public since its in a novelization. I didn't say this whole video proves I'm right, I didn't do that I gave you a specific time frame where it showed a public quote. So tell me now how I stole his video or you concede.

With saber skills? Do show me how. What I saw was he kicked him with his foot. The movie shows a kick not any sign of technical mastery, just better use of the environment which is smart, but isn't a replacement for technical sophistication. Windu disarmed him. He kicked at the proper moment to disarm him. Sidious never disarmed Windu. Facts are facts, argument plagiarizer.

EmperorSidious2
Windu disarmed him. He kicked at the proper moment to disarm him. Sidious never disarmed Windu. Facts are facts, argument plagiarizer.
So in other words you agree I'm right that they were equals since you can't refute what I said and thus goodbye.

EmperorSidious2

"Mace Windu's fighting abilities are second only to Yoda," Gillard smirked

We also have this and Sidious is about equal to Yoda so yea I would say there's some defintle proof.

quanchi112
So in other words you agree I'm right that they were equals since you can't refute what I said and thus goodbye. They were not equals as Windu won the fight. wink

Nai
That is how Yoda deflected Dooku's Lightning but he wasn't able to do that to Palpatine's.

Based on what, Quanchi? Did we ever see Yoda trying to block Sidious lightning over such a distance? No. So please stop speculating and stick with the facts. Thank you.

Red herring. You speculated that some residual arcs from deflected lightning would hit Yoda. None of that ever happens. Evidence either shows no residual arcs at all, or them being deflected away with the rest of the lightning.

Yes. And he lost against Windu as well. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The first time he used it against an unprepared Yoda, the second time he used it against Yoda who was just jumping up to his position (which would also be a surprise move). Both instances that are non-applicable to a "proper fight" between the two individuals in question. There won't be surprise attacks or attacks from positions of superiority. What happens when they two are standing on equal ground and Sidious attempts to hit him with force lightning was seen in RotS.

And, yes. The Force push didn't k.o. Sidious. It just put him in a position in which he would have been helpless from any further attack by Yoda (e.g. lightsaber to the face).

That's your speculation, Quanchi, as we've never seen it happening. And as you explicitly excluded any form of speculation, you can just go away and troll elsewere, since without speculation, you can say nothing about a fight between Yoda and Sidious under circumstances that didn't happen. Bye.

Still doesn't make sense, Clownchi. sad

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nai
Based on what, Quanchi? Did we ever see Yoda trying to block Sidious lightning over such a distance? No. So please stop speculating and stick with the facts. Thank you.

Red herring. You speculated that some residual arcs from deflected lightning would hit Yoda. None of that ever happens. Evidence either shows no residual arcs at all, or them being deflected away with the rest of the lightning.

Yes. And he lost against Windu as well. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The first time he used it against an unprepared Yoda, the second time he used it against Yoda who was just jumping up to his position (which would also be a surprise move). Both instances that are non-applicable to a "proper fight" between the two individuals in question. There won't be surprise attacks or attacks from positions of superiority. What happens when they two are standing on equal ground and Sidious attempts to hit him with force lightning was seen in RotS.

And, yes. The Force push didn't k.o. Sidious. It just put him in a position in which he would have been helpless from any further attack by Yoda (e.g. lightsaber to the face).

That's your speculation, Quanchi, as we've never seen it happening. And as you explicitly excluded any form of speculation, you can just go away and troll elsewere, since without speculation, you can say nothing about a fight between Yoda and Sidious under circumstances that didn't happen. Bye.

Still doesn't make sense, Clownchi. sad We know this based on implied fact that Sidious is far greater in force powers than Dooku. Me also see Kenobi casually block his fl with his saber. Did Yoda ? laughing out loud

I never said that you clown. I did say that even if he does manage to block it the residual blast from the force of it knocks him backward just like it did in the film. If Palpatine is further away that doesn't hit him since he's out of its range.

Windu lost due to Anakin interfering. Context, dummy. Quit ignoring it.

He actually slowly raised his hands and made his intentions known you dimwit. A two scones timed attack and despite Yoda's force power and precognition the dummy couldn't react in time. The force as you say. laughing out loud

In combat people rarely say are you ready lets begin but in this rare instance Palpatine actually wants him and raises his hand and fires. It took him two seconds to do so. Pitiful. He was ko'd on equal ground.

Yoda was too far away to lightsaber him to the face you fanboy. Your wild imagination has taken over. Screw distance, screw abilities, Yoda kills him because in my head he can do so. --Nai

Yoda fails to send it away and the residual blast hits anyone within close proximity.

Emphasis:Palpatine my dim witted friend.

Nai
We know this based on implied fact that Sidious is far greater in force powers than Dooku. Me also see Kenobi casually block his fl with his saber. Did Yoda ? laughing out loud

"Implied facts." laughing out loud
Based on "implied facts", Yoda is a better force user and duellist than Windu. Either you go by "seen on screen only" or you don't. In the first case, you have no point, because we see what happens. In the second case you have no point, because Yoda is better than Windu in every aspect. Thanks for playing.

If they are further away from each other, the "residual blast" that would occur in the middle between them would hid neither of them. That stuff doesn't magically occur in front of Yoda's hands but in the middle of the two opponents, which would be as far away from Yoda as it is from Sidious.

Did you even read what I posted? I said that, Palpatine lost against Windu, since you mentioned that he makes the same sounds against Windu that he makes against Yoda. Got that?

Oh really? Did he say that he will just use Force lightning against Yoda now? Must have missed that part of the scene. And you mean like Yoda raised his hands and made his intentions clear before Force pushing Sidious, which, somehow counts as "surprise attack against an unprepared target" in your interpretation of the fight.

See above. In combat people rarely walk into a situation like that without expeting to be attack and meeting the requirements to defend themselves (force defense, lightsaber out). Yoda does in the movie. Yoda won't do in a "proper fight" against Sidious.

Once more I'm back at the question if you did ever watch one of the Star Wars films, Quanchimon.

bRV-C9qBaYA

0:06 - 0:08: Yoda throws his lightsaber into the chest of a Clone.

You were saying? smile

Which would either be none of them or both of them.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nai
"Implied facts." laughing out loud
Based on "implied facts", Yoda is a better force user and duellist than Windu. Either you go by "seen on screen only" or you don't. In the first case, you have no point, because we see what happens. In the second case you have no point, because Yoda is better than Windu in every aspect. Thanks for playing.

If they are further away from each other, the "residual blast" that would occur in the middle between them would hid neither of them. That stuff doesn't magically occur in front of Yoda's hands but in the middle of the two opponents, which would be as far away from Yoda as it is from Sidious.

Did you even read what I posted? I said that, Palpatine lost against Windu, since you mentioned that he makes the same sounds against Windu that he makes against Yoda. Got that?

Oh really? Did he say that he will just use Force lightning against Yoda now? Must have missed that part of the scene. And you mean like Yoda raised his hands and made his intentions clear before Force pushing Sidious, which, somehow counts as "surprise attack against an unprepared target" in your interpretation of the fight.

See above. In combat people rarely walk into a situation like that without expeting to be attack and meeting the requirements to defend themselves (force defense, lightsaber out). Yoda does in the movie. Yoda won't do in a "proper fight" against Sidious.

Once more I'm back at the question if you did ever watch one of the Star Wars films, Quanchimon.

bRV-C9qBaYA

0:06 - 0:08: Yoda throws his lightsaber into the chest of a Clone.

You were saying? smile

Which would either be none of them or both of them.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Yoda is more powerful in the force but I feel Windu is better in a combat situation based off the evidence. I am going by on screen evidence. Yoda also flat out states Kenobi isn't powerful enough to challenge the emperor. We see him casually stop the fl. We don't see Yoda casually who is Kenobi's superior in every way thus undermining your point. laughing out loud

Windu beat Palpatine Yoda didn't, my teenage friend.

It doesn't occur in the middle it occurs closer to the point of Yoda resisting the power and sending what he can back at Palpatine. If he control it and send it a greater distance away he'd have just sent the bulk of it at Sidious and further away from himself. He did the best he could.

So you agree the sounds don't have any relevance as he loses in one fight and wins in another. At no point does he lose at the point of hissing or snarling. Make some damn sense don't just throw baseless claims around like a child.

He says you will experience the power of the dark side. Yoda has experience against fl. I guess he has to announce his attacks before he does so. What the hell is wrong with you ? So if I'm about to punch someone I have to announce which body part I'm going to strike and what hand I'm going to throw ? laughing out loud

The force push wasn't a surprise attack it's just Palpatine was busy being overconfident like an idiot. That's why he struck him because he was sitting around laughing like a moron. definitely fair play but more so due to Palpatine's arrogance more than anything else.

Yoda came to kill him and we see his hands can defend himself against force lightning. He failed to defend himself. You can clearly see he tries but fails.

So now that's comparable to the dark lord of the Sith ? Throwing his saber clearly takes time and he didn't even have it out at that point you context ignorer. Watch the damn scene you damn ignoramus.

Darth Thor
Wow Quanchi's gone to new levels of embarrassing himself this time. His attempts at trying to sound as smart as Nai are particularly funny:

Emphasis: Palpatine

Emphasis: Windu

Emphasis: Not Yoda

Emphasis: My Trolling

laughing

Darth Thor
"Mace Windu's fighting abilities are second only to Yoda," Gillard smirked

We also have this and Sidious is about equal to Yoda so yea I would say there's some defintle proof.

Or maybe Yoda's just better than both of them (in Sabers).

EmperorSidious2
Or maybe Yoda's just better than both of them (in Sabers).

Possible, but Sidious isn't far off from Yoda so I would take this as official as official proof that Windu is below Yoda and extension Sidious.

Newjak
Possible, but Sidious isn't far off from Yoda so I would take this as official as official proof that Windu is below Yoda and extension Sidious. I don't know about that.

Yoda seemed to be overpowering Sidious in lightsaber combat multiple times. I actually think the Emperor realized this and tried to disarm Yoda of his lightsaber as quickly as possible.

I'm not saying they are league's apart but I do think an argument could be made that the gap was noticeable.

Darth Thor
Possible, but Sidious isn't far off from Yoda so I would take this as official as official proof that Windu is below Yoda and extension Sidious.

^ Not necessarily, Yoda may just be a little above both of them in Sabers. Remember Yoda is pretty old and likely way past his prime.

Yoda and Sidious are clearly solidly above Windu in Force Powers however, but it might be a lot closer between the 3 of them in Sabers. And clash of styles (as KT always points out) may give Windu the edge over Sidious in that aspect of combat.

quanchi112
Wow Quanchi's gone to new levels of embarrassing himself this time. His attempts at trying to sound as smart as Nai are particularly funny:

Emphasis: Palpatine

Emphasis: Windu

Emphasis: Not Yoda

Emphasis: My Trolling

laughing You didn't specifically address any of my points but instead personally attacked me while not even having the coirage to face me man to man. You're a troll and an ignorant one at that.

Ps. You backed down from my Trek vs Wars battlezone. You've been begging for another battlezone challenge and I give you one and you just back down like I knew you would.

KuRuPT Thanosi
First of all stop Ok. You and I have been through this time again. My position has not changed. Never once have I tried to take Vaapad away from Mace. It is his style of combat a style he made. I know that, there is no need for you to be like a parrot and repeat yourself. However even you with your thick skull can't put aside that it however did have a dramatic affect on his combat performance that you yourself IIRC agreed mace would never see again even if he fought Sidious again I mean legit. Don't pull that of course he wouldn't because he's dead crap.

Moronivich, it's YOU who keeps peddling the same nonsense about Windu and Vaapad. If you stop posting idiocy, then I'll no need to state facts to counter said idiocy. Don't blame me for having to correct you.

EmperorSidious2
Moronivich, it's YOU who keeps peddling the same nonsense about Windu and Vaapad. If you stop posting idiocy, then I'll no need to state facts to counter said idiocy. Don't blame me for having to correct you.

You think yourself so superior when you are in fact inferior. Anyone with even a quarter of a brain knows that Vaapad boosted Windu to unknown level. I have said time and time again this is his combat form and may use whenever but never again will it boost him to that point ever again. That's the point you imbecile. You don't know what facts are. You know nothing. If you actually read the novel you would understand. So don't blame me for your stupidity, your ignorance and your just plain UHHHH. YOU KNOW Vaapad played an important role so stop acting like it didn't.

quanchi112
It's like when Timmy fought jimmy in South Park. So amusing to watch.

EmperorSidious2
^ Not necessarily, Yoda may just be a little above both of them in Sabers. Remember Yoda is pretty old and likely way past his prime.

Yoda and Sidious are clearly solidly above Windu in Force Powers however, but it might be a lot closer between the 3 of them in Sabers. And clash of styles (as KT always points out) may give Windu the edge over Sidious in that aspect of combat.

In a clash of styles maybe, however Vaapad only gave Windu the ability to be a perfect equal to Sidious in that one INSATNCE. Based on the factors that made up that fight I have no doubt that if the battle occurred under whatever one would consider normal circumstances, he would never be on that level. However I do agree Yoda is above Windu and has a slight edge over Sidious with Sabers but I think the gap between Yoda and Sidious is smaller than the one between Sidious and Mace.

EmperorSidious2

Sense you think your so clever when you aren't these questions.

1. Have I ever said Mace couldn't use Vaapad? Have I ever neglected that or said it was worthless or anything like, if so when?

2. How was Mace able to deflect the lightning back at Sidious?

3. Did Vaapad or did it not play a critical role in this battle?

You answer three wrong it will give me a look at how extremely stupid you are.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You think yourself so superior when you are in fact inferior. Anyone with even a quarter of a brain knows that Vaapad boosted Windu to unknown level. I have said time and time again this is his combat form and may use whenever but never again will it boost him to that point ever again. That's the point you imbecile. You don't know what facts are. You know nothing. If you actually read the novel you would understand. So don't blame me for your stupidity, your ignorance and your just plain UHHHH. YOU KNOW Vaapad played an important role so stop acting like it didn't.

Idiocy 101. You've point blank called Vaapad an amp for Mace. I can find 10 quotes of you calling it that. I've had to come in and correct you, and then you'll go, yeah yeah yeah it's his combat form and not an amp. Then 2 weeks later, you'll call it an amp again, and I'll correct you again. Moronivich.

Robtard
"implied fact"

LoLz

EmperorSidious2
Idiocy 101. You've point blank called Vaapad an amp for Mace. I can find 10 quotes of you calling it that. I've had to come in and correct you, and then you'll go, yeah yeah yeah it's his combat form and not an amp. Then 2 weeks later, you'll call it an amp again, and I'll correct you again. Moronivich.

So your going to get mad just because I use the wrong word? Wow seems something just like Quan would do. Ok to,Soth you hurt nerves boost since it's not an external factor, so actually only thing you can actually correct me on is choice words not my logic or anything. So answer the question that I posted since we've gotten over the boost vs amp thing.

Also that didn't defy anything I asked. Just because I said amp doesn't mean I think he can't use it cause I've said he would have it every time. So stay on the topic, quit being such an idiot and a little b**** and answer the question like a man.

Darth Thor
In a clash of styles maybe, however Vaapad only gave Windu the ability to be a perfect equal to Sidious in that one INSATNCE. Based on the factors that made up that fight I have no doubt that if the battle occurred under whatever one would consider normal circumstances, he would never be on that level.

A lot of speculation though in saying he could only match Sidious in that 1 Instance don't you think?

However I do agree Yoda is above Windu and has a slight edge over Sidious with Sabers but I think the gap between Yoda and Sidious is smaller than the one between Sidious and Mace.

Perhaps there is a bigger gap between Yoda and Mace than between Yoda and Sidious. But that doesn't necessarily put Sidious above Mace, because of Clash of Styles.

Also regarding Vapaad, I'd just like to point out that the words "Boost" or "Amp" are never once mentioned in the ROTS novel. What's mentioned is something akin to deflecting Sidious's power back against him. But to be fair, many martial arts use an opponent's own strength against them.

steverules_2
Honestly thought this would get 2 replies

Silent Master
Originally posted by steverules_2
Honestly thought this would get 2 replies

Not when quan can use it to both troll and pad his post count.

EmperorSidious2
A lot of speculation though in saying he could only match Sidious in that 1 Instance don't you think?

Perhaps there is a bigger gap between Yoda and Mace than between Yoda and Sidious. But that doesn't necessarily put Sidious above Mace, because of Clash of Styles.

Also regarding Vapaad, I'd just like to point out that the words "Boost" or "Amp" are never once mentioned in the ROTS novel. What's mentioned is something akin to deflecting Sidious's power back against him. But to be fair, many martial arts use an opponent's own strength against them.

Well it depends on how you see the factors that made up the fight. Would you say his internal anger would be the same every single time. Psychologically it would not fade away but wouldn't be as potent if he were alive and got another chance from a psychological stand point I would think. So with that his internal anger wouldn't be as high, and so vaapad wouldn't work to that potential as it did in that fight. This is all however my opinion.

I personally don't see how. We agree and there's canon evidence that Yoda is above Windu and now maybe Sidious. The gap between Sidious and Yoda is marginal at best. It's not a casts distance really. Same is with mace in some aspects. The distance is greater but not like miles. Mace is indeed able to go up against yoda or sidious and hold his own for a time but win not so much at least under circumstances in which windus emotions were more in check but that would never happen against Sidious with windu.

I believe a superconducting loop that draws on Sidious rage and either elevates his own speed and power since he was able to be the perfect equal to Sidious or he was able to like you said use Sidious power against him and that's what allowed him to do so. However I lean more to it elevating him since he was able to be he exact even and windu is thought of as the equal to dooku. We see dooku was dominated by Yoda who is greater than or equal to Sidious and since windu was able to get to that level I would say he needed to be elevated to it so that's why I say boosted since amp is external and vaapad is something Mace could use at any time so it would be a boost realistically.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>