Is Optimus a one percenter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
It's never actually stated, only implied

But if you read Monstrocity, Orion Pax was a good deal weaker then Megatron, who's a unique combination of one percenter spark placed into a prebuilt body reserved for Matrix spawned sparks (And the Matrix isn't known to create one percenters. That only happens by "natural" reproductive methods.)

I'm thinking Optimus Prime might be a common spark, who was bumped up by the Matrix once he was chosen.

Q99
Originally posted by cdtm
It's never actually stated, only implied

But if you read Monstrocity, Orion Pax was a good deal weaker then Megatron, who's a unique combination of one percenter spark placed into a prebuilt body reserved for Matrix spawned sparks (And the Matrix isn't known to create one percenters. That only happens by "natural" reproductive methods.)

I'm thinking Optimus Prime might be a common spark, who was bumped up by the Matrix once he was chosen.

Prowl included him in his list of 'once a generation' bots, which have been confirmed as being point one percenters by the writers.

And remember the history lesson in Chaos Theory where the two talk about what injuries they've dished out, and Optimus won in Primacy- He and Megatron have fought evenly a *lot*.

Not only is a one percenter, I think he's one of the strongest ones alongside Megatron.

quanchi112
Prime is the greatest transformer.

jackieanderson
Originally posted by quanchi112
Prime is the greatest transformer.
Yeah you are right

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99
Prowl included him in his list of 'once a generation' bots, which have been confirmed as being point one percenters by the writers.

And remember the history lesson in Chaos Theory where the two talk about what injuries they've dished out, and Optimus won in Primacy- He and Megatron have fought evenly a *lot*.

Not only is a one percenter, I think he's one of the strongest ones alongside Megatron.

Wow this was made in 2016! Time flies.

I'll just amend for the zero people who follow Transformers that More Than Meets the Eye proved Megatron is a unique hybrid. Normally you're either born naturally from hot spots ignited by pulse waves from Vector Sigma and grow a body like some cabbage patch kid, but once the pulse waves stopped coming they needed a disposable class, so they started scraping The Matrix for sparks and putting them into pre-fab purpose built bodies. But because of time shenanigans Megatrons green spark was plucked from a patch and put into Megatrons pre built construction body, after his "original" spark was shot.

Ironically in trying to kill Megatron in the crib they ended up creating him.

But since we're talking pre built bodies, it's hard to say how much a spark even means. I mean Hardhead was pre built, and he was insanely powerful and capable of manhandlng Scourge and Cyclonus (And Cyclonus is a badasses badass in IDW).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.