How to Make an Atheist's Head Explode

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Star428
https://youtube.com/watch?v=z0DT6uljSbg

Short little humorous video that will make you laugh good... unless you're an atheist, of course. wink

Esau Cairn
I need a Christian for a clean up on aisle 4.

And trust me, the mess ain't from my head exploding.

riv6672
Originally posted by Star428

^^^haha

This one is pretty funny, especially if you know ships can sink. smile

http://mobile.wnd.com/2012/06/chariots-in-red-sea-irrefutable-evidence/

Star428
Well... I bet that^ was an enlightening comment. smile

Newjak
This video only works if you by into the theists silly arguments. Honestly nothing i nthat video proves the existence of a god that created everything.

Lord Lucien

Short little humorous video that will make you laugh good... unless you're an atheist, of course. wink Lol this is like watching a 4 year old trying to argue against their parents without understanding what they're actually saying, but thinking they're making all kinds of sense.

The most mind-blowing thing about that video is the uploader's pathetic annotations. And the reference to 5 Stars on YouTube.

Adam Grimes
Good laughs are all but guaranteed with Star, aren't they?

Lucius
Star is like those applicants for American Idol who can't sing, but really believe they're awesome.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Lucius
Star is like those applicants for American Idol who can't sing, but really believe they're awesome. LMFAO

riv6672
Star is like those applicants for American Idol who can't sing, but really believe they're awesome.
He bangs.

Star starts interesting conversations, his big fault is his inflexiblity. He doesnt actually WANT a conversation, just blind acceptance of his view point.
Reminds me of certain Commanders i had the misfortune of working with.

Star428
LOL. I see the butthurt atheists (most of whom I have on ignore) are out in force. Guess the truth hurts, huh?

riv6672
Well at least you arent including me in that group, as i'm fairly religious.
You know, regarding your inflexibility, i get it; i'd love to have everyone agree with me on all my view points.
I know thats not a realistic way to go through life though, or even post on a message board.
Again, you DO start interesting conversations, so, a big thumb up in that regard.

Adam_PoE
Yk2USCQdeVM

-Pr-
Star... Why do you do this to yourself?

Mindset
Haha, suck it you stupid atheist scum!

Checkmate athetits.

Trocity
Star is so bitter and insecure.

I love it.

Mindset
Originally posted by Trocity
Star is so bitter and insecure.

I love it. If God isn't real then how did Anomander Rake bring back Mother Dark?

Suck it.

Esau Cairn
LOL. I see the butthurt atheists (most of whom I have on ignore) are out in force. Guess the truth hurts, huh?

If we're all on your Ignore List, how do you know what we're commenting on?

I'm putting you on my Ignorant List.

Lucius
Originally posted by Mindset
If God isn't real then how did Anomander Rake bring back Mother Dark?

Suck it.

Is that a reference to Malzan Book of the Fallen?

Esau Cairn
Is that a reference to Malzan Book of the Fallen?

HOW MANY GODS DO YOU WORSHIP?

Sheesh.

Q99

Short little humorous video that will make you laugh good... unless you're an atheist, of course. wink

Ok, where's the head exploding part? These are all fairly well-known arguments. And one of the biggest answers that it missed, and plenty of atheists would give, is: "We don't know what came before the big bang, and it's ok that we don't know. Though it'd be cool to learn."

I kinda feel you don't... *get* atheism.

Heck, as the video briefly touches on, one of the big arguments for God creating the universe that it can't always have been there, someone- in your view, God- must've caused it? It's not the best approach to try and present something as a 'thing that'll cause the other person's head to explode,' when it applies against your argument too, and admitting it in the video.

Why do you think disagreeing with you makes someone butthurt, especially the ones that provide reasons why they don't believe what you said is true?

Tattoos N Scars

thumb up

Interesting video Star.

Q99
Something else to note: You do know not all atheists believe in the big bang, and plenty more don't care about it too much?

It's the model that best fits our current knowledge of the universe, it doesn't necessarily have a big role in a person's individual belief system.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Q99
Something else to note: You do know not all atheists believe in the big bang, and plenty more don't care about it too much?

It's the model that best fits our current knowledge of the universe, it doesn't necessarily have a big role in a person's individual belief system.

What's your personal theory, Q? I take it you subscribe to a different theory. I'm not mocking you or anything, just curious. I like Star, but I don't bash and condescend atheists the way he does unless they start on me first. You're obviously intelligent and you seek to debate rather than condescend. Because of that, I respect your insight, even though we have different views about God.

Anyway, what's your theory on the origin of the universe?

Mindset
Is that a reference to Malzan Book of the Fallen? Yes, my child.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars

Ok I'm not trying to be a wise ass here but the thought just occurred to me.

If Christians discredit The Big Bang Theory & evolution then how did God himself come about?

How did he come about to exist himself?

Star428
What's your personal theory, Q? I take it you subscribe to a different theory. I'm not mocking you or anything, just curious. I like Star, but I don't bash and condescend atheists the way he does unless they start on me first. You're obviously intelligent and you seek to debate rather than condescend. Because of that, I respect your insight, even though we have different views about God.

Tatoos, when they bash my religion then I take that as an attack on me, as well. Most of them have bashed me directly anyway somewhere before. That video I linked to was spot on. I don't give a shit if any butthurt atheists like it or not. As for Q, she/he is one of those who buys into evolutionary horseshit and thinks Christian God and Muslim one are the same which is extremely offensive to Christians which is why I've started ignoring him/her. Anyway, I don't understand how you can think someone who thinks life can somehow spring from non-life (even with billions of years) or that monkeys turned into humans when there is literally ZERO proof for it are "intelligent".

Star428
thumb up

Interesting video Star.

smile

Glad you liked it, Tatoos. I've watched it many times already because it makes me laugh everytime. I also love the music it uses from the Cantina/bar scene from first Star Wars movie. Seems really fitting for the vid.

cdtm
Tangetly related, in that it criticises atheism:

Atheists usually claim they aren't a religion, because they aren't an organized monolith of non faith.

Any atheists here, feel free to chime in: What's up with a Yale representative demanding the group he heads, which includes atheists, agostics, and other non believers, should be given an invitation to a religious summit? I mean, what possible interest could an atheist even have in that, for one, and secondly on what grounds should a person of zero faith, have a say in the affairs of various religions? It makes no sense, and kind of makes atheism look like they DO have a "church of atheism", in terms of being an organized anti religion..

Star428
Believing in Darwinian evolution requires much more faith than believing in a creator. So, yes...it most certainly is a religion whether they admit it or not. It sure as Hell isn't "science" as they are trying to force our school children to believe. Keep in mind, when I say "Darwinian evolution", I'm not talking about all evolution in the broad sense that atheists view it. They've hijacked the term and made up their own definition of it.They think when a species just adapts or has different varieties that that is also "evolution". LOL. It's not though. They have zero proof of one type of animal turning into a totally different one. None, whatsoever. Yet, they're teaching it as "science" to an unsuspecting generation of kids.

Newjak
Believing in Darwinian evolution requires much more faith than believing in a creator. So, yes...it most certainly is a religion whether they admit it or not. It sure as Hell isn't "science" as they are trying to force our school children to believe. Keep in mind, when I say "Darwinian evolution", I'm not talking about all evolution in the broad sense that atheists view it. They've hijacked the term and made up their own definition of it.They think when a species adapts or has different varieties that that is also "evolution". LOL. It's not though. They have zero proof of one type of animal turning into a totally different one. None, whatsoever. Yet, they're teaching it as "science" to an unsuspecting generation of kids. You see this is why no one takes you seriously Star. You bash other people and then try to call them stupid and ignorant when they correct you topics you clearly know nothing about.

We have for many years been able to find transitioning animals that show when animals have started to change from one form to another. Just look at domesticated wolves and how far we have taken that evolution to modern dogs. They are clearly different species.

Esau Cairn
So once again.
Christians discredit the Big Bang & evolutionary theories.

So how did God come into existence himself?

cdtm
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
So once again.
Christians discredit the Big Bang & evolutionary theories.

So how did God come into existence himself?

He created himself. stick out tongue

The problem with all origin stories (In terms of satisfying human curiosity), is they presume something creates something.

The real headache of the Big Bang Theory begins when you ask where the "ingrediants" came from.. Either it always existed (Impossible to wrap head around), or it was created somehow (Equally impossible to wrap head around.)

An starting point that always was, or one created from nothing.

Star428
It's not really that hard to "wrap your head around" at all when you consider our Creator exists outside of time and space as our human minds understand it. Which is more believable, that all of that matter/anti-matter which supposedly caused the Big Bang has always existed and that one day it exploded for no reason and the universe just happen to form exactly right with all the planets just conveniently and extremely luckily ending up in their proper orbits? Or that an all-powerful omnipotent being always existed and He (or "She" if you wanna believe that) designed and created the universe with great care and also created the laws of nature which the universe is bound to? If you were wandering in a wildnerness somewhere and you saw a beautiful exquisitely detailed painting hanging on a tree would you believe it created itself somehow or that it "just happened" or that it had a creator?

Pretty obvious to me that the latter is the only one which makes any sense at all. That's just me though and obviously atheists feel differently. Like I've said before, I've no problem with that. It's when they start trying to call it "science" that bothers me.

draxx_tOfU
Ok I'm not trying to be a wise ass here but the thought just occurred to me.

If Christians discredit The Big Bang Theory & evolution then how did God himself come about?

How did he come about to exist himself?

Ironically, it was a Christian, Belgian priest Georges Lemaitre, who proposed the idea of the expanding universe now known as the big bang theory.

Star428
One other thing... I'm sure atheists believe in the law of angular momentum. I mean they all act like they're so smart science wise so they should. Imagine a bunch of kids spinning on a merry-go-round. It increases to a speed so fast that they fly right off of it and of course according to that scientific law above they all keep spinning in the same direction until they encounter resistance, correct? We all agree? No one is going to start spinning in the opposite direction for some odd reason, right? Well, consider the Big Bang theory...

Atheists believe that the universe started no bigger than an extremely tiny dot. For some unknown reason, it started spinning one day (who made it spin? where did the energy come from? why did it start spinning all by itself?). It picked up speed until eventually it "exploded" from the spinning reaching a crazy speed. All of the planets then just conviently ended up in their proper places spinning in orbit around some sun. We agree so far correct?

OK, now explain to me if all of that is true why do we have several planets spinning backwards? Ahh... atheists don't like to talk about that do they? Of course, I'm sure they'll make up some lame-ass story like they always do to try and explain it away. Imo, God made them spin in an opposite direction from the rest of planets to let anyone who really examines the evidence closely with an open mind see how utterly stupid the Big Bang theory is. There's also plenty of other clues that should be a red flag that the Big Bang theory as well as Darwinian evolution (which also uses Big Bang theory in it's explanation of the universe) could not possibly be true. I won't go into detail about all of them as I've posted plenty of links recently that explain them. I will say this much though, scientists have discovered tons of soft-bone tissue in dozens of dinosaur fossils around the world. If dinos were really as old as some scientists claim then there's no way they would still be finding so much of that in them. It all would've been long gone. Same thing goes for all the carbon 14 they've been finding in dino fossils. There's no way any carbon 14 would be left after 65 million years (lol at that non-sense number).

Lucius
...anyone who really examines the evidence closely with an open mind...

You mean the thing you've never done in your entire wretched, sad, and pathetic little life?

The amount of things in this world you know nothing about, make Jon Snow seem like a goddamn encyclopedia.

Star428
http://www.infowars.com/massive-dinosaur-soft-tissue-discovery-in-china-includes-skin-and-feathers/

Course, atheist scientists are still scrambling to come up with explanations for this so that they can continue to promote their "old Earth" belief bullshit.

Trocity
Imo, God made them spin in an opposite direction from the rest of planets to let anyone who really examines the evidence closely with an open mind see how utterly stupid the Big Bang theory is.

laughing laughing laughing

Surtur
I could post a video to make Star's head explode, but then I don't really feel like searching for videos of a science class being taught.

Originally posted by cdtm
Tangetly related, in that it criticises atheism:

It makes no sense, and kind of makes atheism look like they DO have a "church of atheism", in terms of being an organized anti religion..

It's a small group of people claiming to be atheists who did what you are talking about. That is like me using Star as a benchmark for all religious people. I'm not sure why some douches from Yale suddenly represent atheism. I guarantee you there is a 50% chance they demanded what they did because they thought they were being "ironic". Which makes it all the more douchier.

Adam_PoE

...anyone who really examines the evidence closely with an open mind...

The amount of things in this world you know nothing about, make Jon Snow seem like a goddamn encyclopedia.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/53769380.jpg

Star428
The real reason that the lie of evolution is being forced onto our society:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ufK04tjOI

Star428
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/53769380.jpg

*YAWN*... I know far more about this world and universe than any of you "Know-it-all" trolls who're trolling me do and that's a fact. Especially when you believe we came from monkeys. LMAO. So god**** ****ing clueless you atheists are. If you didn't troll me so much I"d feel sorry for you all with how utterly ignorant you are while at the same time trying to act like your knowledgeable about the world. You're only making complete asses out of yourselves. Well done, dumbasses.thumb up

Why don't you off yourselves and save the human race from your ignorance?

-Pr-
Dude, opinions aside, it was a badly made, stupidly argued video. You must see that.

Star428
It's not really that hard to "wrap your head around" at all when you consider our Creator exists outside of time and space as our human minds understand it. Which is more believable, that all of that matter/anti-matter which supposedly caused the Big Bang has always existed and that one day it exploded for no reason and the universe just happen to form exactly right with all the planets just conveniently and extremely luckily ending up in their proper orbits? Or that an all-powerful omnipotent being always existed and He (or "She" if you wanna believe that) designed and created the universe with great care and also created the laws of nature which the universe is bound to? If you were wandering in a wildnerness somewhere and you saw a beautiful exquisitely detailed painting hanging on a tree would you believe it created itself somehow or that it "just happened" or that it had a creator?

Pretty obvious to me that the latter is the only one which makes any sense at all. That's just me though and obviously atheists feel differently. Like I've said before, I've no problem with that. It's when they start trying to call it "science" that bothers me.

Just noticed an error I made above with the underlined part. I actually meant to say an "all-powerful omniscient" being.

Star428
Originally posted by -Pr-
Dude, opinions aside, it was a badly made, stupidly argued video. You must see that.

No, "dude". It wasn't. It was spot on. Disagree all you like. I couldn't care less. thumb up

It's not my fault if it hurt your feelings... dude.

-Pr-
No, "dude". It wasn't. It was spot on. Disagree all you like. I couldn't care less. thumb up

It's not my fault if it hurt your feelings, dude.

Spot on what? It got absolutely nothing right, and tried to frame some bad arguments as some sort of "gotcha".

If you couldn't care less, then why post it?

Really? Are you going to ask me why I'm mad next? Come on.

StiltmanFTW
Starsie vs. KMC and common sense continues, I see.

StiltmanFTW

Funny thing about that vid, the atheist guy behaves exactly like you... laughing out loud

Adam_PoE
*YAWN*... I know far more about this world and universe than any of you "Know-it-all" trolls who're trolling me do and that's a fact. Especially when you believe we came from monkeys. LMAO. So god**** ****ing clueless you atheists are. If you didn't troll me so much I"d feel sorry for you all with how utterly ignorant you are while at the same time trying to act like your knowledgeable about the world. You're only making complete asses out of yourselves. Well done, dumbasses.thumb up

https://rightandrachet.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/i-chzbgr.jpeg

Star428
LOL. At least you picked a cuter animal this time but I didn't read whatever troll trash it said under picture. Sorry, Satanist.

Esau Cairn
Oh Star...even when you get to Heaven, you're gonna be that redneck Christian no one's gonna want to hang out with.

abhilegend
What in the world is that video supposed to mean?

But seriously, it really doesn't matters who or what created the universe. If you believe God created it, good for you. If you think, it was created by a big bang, good for you again.

You are entitled to your opinion and faith after all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Funny thing about that vid, the atheist guy behaves exactly like you... laughing out loud laughing out loud

FinalAnswer

Good to see star betraying his Christian tenets and taking the Lord's name in vain.

Adam Grimes

Why don't you off yourselves and save the human race from your ignorance? Lol.

Star428
Originally posted by abhilegend
What in the world is that video supposed to mean?

If you speak english and you have a functioning brain in your head then it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out. It's pretty friggin' obvious what it means, abhi.

Parmaniac
The only thing that makes my head explode is the fact that Star is allowed to vote.

Adam Grimes
He's an Amish.

Parmaniac
He's an inbred

Q99
If you speak english and you have a functioning brain in your head then it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out. It's pretty friggin' obvious what it means, abhi.

Yea, it's pretty clearly meant to make people who don't like atheists feel good, without quite understanding the topic in question.

Star, have you considered you may be the troll?

You made a post of a video with the intent to piss people off. People then laughed and told you you were wrong. You then called them trolls.

If you're posting stuff just to provoke a reaction with no intent to entertain counterarguments, well, what do you think trolling is?

riv6672
*YAWN*... I know far more about this world and universe than any of you...
I doubt you've ever been more than a stone's throw from your front door.
If you had any life experience, your view point, while likely still biased, wouldnt be so childish.
Your outlet is posting troll threads on an MB where you have 75% of the responses you receive on ignore.
Because only a child starts an argument then covers his ears and goes "lalalalala, i cant hear you".
Still, interesting conversations to be had at your expense; always worth taking a look at any long running Star thread.

FinalAnswer
It's true, we need a forum clown with Dolos gone.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
It's true, we need a forum clown with Dolos gone.

Hey if clowns get to go to Heaven, count me out.

Surtur

It's not my fault if it hurt your feelings... dude.

Stop using words and phrases you don't understand. First you didn't know what "irrefutable" meant and now it seems you don't know what "spot on" means.

Time-Immemorial
Can someone explain why the video is incorrect, it makes a sound argument regardless of its trolling intent.

The cause and effect argument is correct whether you believe in God or not.

Star428
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Can someone explain why the video is incorrect, it makes a sound argument regardless of its trolling intent.

The cause and effect argument is correct whether you believe in God or not.

Haven't you learned yet, TI? Atheists don't like having their ridiculous beliefs challenged and will insult and ridicule any of those who questions their bullshit theories. For the most part, I just laugh and ignore them. The video was 100% correct. thumb up

Henry_Pym
Sure,

First it's an obvious strawman

Secondly "cause and effect" always has a start point.
------------
The argument is this,

Pym: Star, your mother is loose; your father is the milkman

Star: What evidence do you have, doctor?

Pym: well the milkman has sperm and your mother has eggs.

End scene.

Shakyamunison
Haven't you learned yet, TI? Atheists don't like having their ridiculous beliefs challenged and will insult and ridicule any of those who questions their bullshit theories. For the most part, I just laugh and ignore them. The video was 100% correct. thumb up

That sounds more like you, but you are not an atheist. Perhaps getting upset about ones beliefs being challenged has nothing to do with what you believe, but instead how mature you are. For example, you would consider me to be an atheist, although I am not. But sense I am much older then you, I am never upset about the silly things you say.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Sure,

First it's an obvious strawman

Secondly "cause and effect" always has a start point.
------------
The argument is this,

Pym: Star, your mother is loose; your father is the milkman

Star: What evidence do you have, doctor?

Pym: well the milkman has sperm and your mother has eggs.

End scene.

Welllaughing out loud

Can you make a more serious one without the insults though?

Henry_Pym
Welllaughing out loud

Can you make a more serious one without the insults though? my first 2 points as well as a "lack of evidence, therefore God" argument.

Time-Immemorial
I thought you were a believer though

Esau Cairn
The video was 100% correct. thumb up

Yup because all atheists talk like Keanu from Bill & Ted.

Henry_Pym
I thought you were a believer though no, but I'm not a crazy zealot towards religious folk. If you believe in something that isn't hurting anyone else then I'm cool with you.

Except the Jews and anyone else who wants to cut parts off babies. laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

riv6672
I just had a horrible vision of everyone walking around with their umbilical cords still attached. sick

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by riv6672
I just had a horrible vision of everyone walking around with their umbilical cords still attached. sick they naturally fall off and it is done for a medical reason.

We chop an important multi-faceted part of the penis off boys because the cereal guy said it would stop sinful touching...

riv6672
Cereal guy?

Henry_Pym
http://www.historyofcircumcision.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=0

Kellogg propagandized circumcision as a cure for masturbation. He also said to pour acid on girl's clits for the same ailment.

riv6672
Well, that last would technically work, in a "put a tourniquet around the neck to stop the bleeding in a head wound" kind of way. huh

StiltmanFTW
He also said to pour acid on girl's clits for the same ailment.

What the f*ck...

Robtard
One other thing... I'm sure atheists believe in the law of angular momentum. I mean they all act like they're so smart science wise so they should. Imagine a bunch of kids spinning on a merry-go-round. It increases to a speed so fast that they fly right off of it and of course according to that scientific law above they all keep spinning in the same direction until they encounter resistance, correct? We all agree? No one is going to start spinning in the opposite direction for some odd reason, right? Well, consider the Big Bang theory...

Atheists believe that the universe started no bigger than an extremely tiny dot. For some unknown reason, it started spinning one day (who made it spin? where did the energy come from? why did it start spinning all by itself?). It picked up speed until eventually it "exploded" from the spinning reaching a crazy speed. All of the planets then just conviently ended up in their proper places spinning in orbit around some sun. We agree so far correct?

OK, now explain to me if all of that is true why do we have several planets spinning backwards? Ahh... atheists don't like to talk about that do they? Of course, I'm sure they'll make up some lame-ass story like they always do to try and explain it away. Imo, God made them spin in an opposite direction from the rest of planets to let anyone who really examines the evidence closely with an open mind see how utterly stupid the Big Bang theory is. There's also plenty of other clues that should be a red flag that the Big Bang theory as well as Darwinian evolution (which also uses Big Bang theory in it's explanation of the universe) could not possibly be true. I won't go into detail about all of them as I've posted plenty of links recently that explain them. I will say this much though, scientists have discovered tons of soft-bone tissue in dozens of dinosaur fossils around the world. If dinos were really as old as some scientists claim then there's no way they would still be finding so much of that in them. It all would've been long gone. Same thing goes for all the carbon 14 they've been finding in dino fossils. There's no way any carbon 14 would be left after 65 million years (lol at that non-sense number).

https://roxieworld.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/mindblown.gif

Robtard
What the f*ck...

TBF, it would likely cause a girl to stop masturbating, so Kellogg was probably onto something.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard
TBF, it would likely cause a girl to stop masturbating, so Kellogg was probably onto something.

There's a quirky '94 comedy called Road To Wellville.
Anthony Hopkins plays Kellogg. Also stars Matthew Broderick, John Cussack & Bridget Fonda.

Henry_Pym
What the f*ck... yeah both were the delusions of a sick man. We literally have 0 reasons to chop off the foreskin. It's the same part as the hood of the clit. Removing it causes a large loss of pleasure and will actually make sex harder for men as they create far less natural lube.

StiltmanFTW
We literally have 0 reasons to chop off the foreskin.

That's... actually not true, lol.

Time-Immemorial
yeah both were the delusions of a sick man. We literally have 0 reasons to chop off the foreskin. It's the same part as the hood of the clit. Removing it causes a large loss of pleasure and will actually make sex harder for men as they create far less natural lube.

thumb up

Time-Immemorial
That's... actually not true, lol.

Don't tell PR that.

Surtur
For the most part, I just laugh and ignore them. The video was 100% correct. thumb up

Oh we know you laugh, every other post has LOL or LMAO in it..sort of like an overexcited child who just snorted a bunch of pixie stix.

I'd also point out you've lashed out at people for saying they don't believe in your God, but what would be the point? You were born with an allergy to anything non-religious. I bet just touching a science book burns your skin like a vampire touching a cross. I've heard just speaking scientific equations out loud can banish you from a room, is this true?

StiltmanFTW
Sounds like a job for h1!

wink

Surtur
From Stars point of view you would think it is weird he thought Obama *might* kinda sorta be the anti-christ. You'd think he'd be accusing the leading scientists of that position. After all they are trying to do damage to God by giving scientific explanations for why the universe is the way it is.

It must be Satan in disguise. I always thought Albert Einstein just looked f*cking shady. This is the face of pure evil:

http://www.digitaltonto.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Albert-Einstein-Tongue-out-e1416712575121-773x1024.jpg

I'm just surprised his tongue isn't pitch-forked like a snakes!

Time-Immemorial
Just leave my foreskin alone

Parmaniac
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CWF-SCNDJ4A/VWUO5Aky_QI/AAAAAAAAPpE/OSg6Gv__Zgc/w506-h613/a81785a1-cd30-4f36-bf6d-01eb1f05b6c5

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Star428
LOL. Atheists just won't let this thread die, will they? I sense tons of butthurt. That video must've really struck a nerve with them. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
LOL. Atheists just won't let this thread die, will they? I sense tons of butthurt. That video must've really struck a nerve with them. thumb up

Funny thing about that vid, the atheist guy behaves exactly like you... laughing out loud

Surtur
. That video must've really struck a nerve with them. thumb up

Sometimes being exposed to sheer idiocy has a strange effect on people. You know this better then anyone of course.

Esau Cairn
I want a "Star Loves The Butthurt" T-Shirt.

Stigma

Haha great!

Works every time smile

Star428
Originally posted by Stigma
Haha great!

Works every time smile

thumb up

Star428
LOL. I can't get enough of that video. Everytime I need a good laugh I just watch it again. Works every single time. The atheist in that video reminds me of Surtur. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Surtur
Oh I don't doubt it man. For people like you that video is kind of like porn.

Trocity
Just read the massive outburst that got him banned.

There really is something wrong with him, lol.

Surtur
Yeah it's pretty awkward. He is essentially like a guy who is sitting in front of you telling you he isn't an alcoholic while he's sitting there injecting booze into his veins with a syringe.

Stigma
Originally posted by Surtur
Oh I don't doubt it man. For people like you that video is kind of like porn. Sarcasm aside, what do you think about the arguments presented in that video?

Surtur
I mostly find them to be asinine. A lot of atheists I know don't actually proclaim to have all the answers for how everything came about. But it's only people with a severely low IQ who would take a lack of explanation to mean some kind of godlike being is involved.

An atheist says they don't know why something happens? They try to figure out how. A religious person doesn't know? It's a magical abomination in the sky that must be responsible.

It's like saying we haven't yet discovered intelligent life on other worlds so it must mean the universe is 100% empty besides us.

Surtur
How to make a religious persons head explode:

Kz2c5OJ5Yx0

Fuuuuuuck!

I also found one version of what must be a bible written by Lucifer himself using the tears of angels:

http://mabryonline.org/blogs/davis/earth_cover_large.gif

I keep coming across what must be the products of the darkest sorcery ever:

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/06/76/34/1828634/7/920x920.jpg

Lord Lucien
Fake and gay. Everybody knows dinosaur bones are just manufactured by the Old Earth Evolutionists.

bluewaterrider

... it's only people with a severely low IQ who would take a lack of explanation to mean some kind of godlike being is involved ...

Neil de Grasse Tyson fundamentally disagrees with you.

Tyson contends , in fact, that some of the most brilliant minds of yesteryear AND today believe "some kind of godlike being is involved", including scientists that he personally knows and the man he considers the greatest intellect of all time.

Examine the 5:30 to 11:30 range of the following for video confirmation:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1te01rfEF0g

Surtur
The most brilliant minds in the world have thought all kinds of idiotic shit during human history.

A lack of evidence doesn't point to God one way or the other. It's super fun if it's the opinion of Neil that it's something different. Even smart people say dumb shit. Ben Carson is the living embodiment of this.

Also believing a god-like being is probably involved is not really the same as someone going "derr no evidence means God". Which is what some religious people do.

A lack of knowledge about how something happened just means we don't know how something happened. It doesn't mean magic was involved. All it means is we do not know.

So all in all, there is no magic post or theory you can come up with to make the video suddenly not be asinine. It is, but then that is why Star posted it, to start shit..and then whine and whine about people bashing christians or starting shit with them.

bluewaterrider
In other words, it's NOT "only people with a severely low IQ who would take a lack of explanation to mean some kind of godlike being is involved", since even some of today's top minds continue to do so, a fact even agnostic Neil de Grasse Tyson says occurs in numbers worth investigating.

Thank you for clarifying that, Surtur.

Robtard
Every person I've ever heard use the "if you can't explain it with science, then God must have done it." type of logic was an idiot. I know, it's anecdotal, but Surtur, you might be on to something.

Surtur
My question would be, if a single entity created everything, who or what created that entity?

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
In other words, it's NOT "only people with a severely low IQ who would take a lack of explanation to mean some kind of godlike being is involved", since even some of today's top minds continue to do so, a fact even agnostic Neil de Grasse Tyson says occurs in numbers worth investigating.

Thank you for clarifying that, Surtur.

But the problem is that what you are saying Neil said is not the same as someone saying a lack of scientific evidence means a god-like being is behind it.

You linked a 30 minute video and the part you chose to quote wasn't Neil saying what you are saying he said. I did not say anyone who believes in the possibility of a godlike entity must have a low IQ.

Explain to me how you would think that a scientist who actually came out and said "if science can't explain something it must be some kind of deity behind it" wouldn't sound incredibly silly? That is like if a doctor examined someone who was sick but couldn't figure out the cause so he concludes it must be demonic possession.

Flyattractor
This always reminds me of the old Joke.
"What does Atheism have to offer? You get to sleep in on Sunday Morning."

Q99
Originally posted by Flyattractor
This always reminds me of the old Joke.
"What does Atheism have to offer? You get to sleep in on Sunday Morning."

Pretty much.

Atheism's just the lack of theism. Someone may have a particular philosophy- secular humanism for example- but, really, all atheism itself offers? By definition? A lack of gods.

Henry_Pym
Yeah i find it weird, saying athiests have to believe in something is like saying to someone trying to lose weight they need cake. It makes no sense and its usually said by someone who wants to share their misery with.

Esau Cairn
So is Star perma banned?

Doesn't seen fair attacking God without Star to back him up.

Surtur
But God is all about being unfair. I mean just ask all the first borns he killed. Oh wait you can't because he killed them.

Surtur
Yeah i find it weird, saying athiests have to believe in something is like saying to someone trying to lose weight they need cake. It makes no sense and its usually said by someone who wants to share their misery with.

It's also funny because we all know the real reasons people say it: some of them believe so much in God they don't want to even entertain the idea it might of all been pointless. Also a person living their life just according to who they are scares them..they want people living their life according to how a super villain told them to live.

Some of them just don't want to believe a person can achieve happiness without believing in a higher power.

bluewaterrider

Some of them just don't want to believe a person can achieve happiness without believing in a higher power.

Probably because there's so little evidence that people truly do achieve happiness without believing in a higher power.

Surtur
Probably because there's so little evidence that people truly do achieve happiness without believing in a higher power.

Nah, I know plenty of happy people who don't believe in a higher power. Every walk of life has unhappy people, both religious and not religious. You even have the truly crazy people who think that any atheist who is happy is only happy because they secretly do believe in God. Those people think happiness is impossible without God.

Another problem is I think religious people tend to be more dishonest about whether or not they are truly happy, they don't want to admit they aren't since it makes them feel like they are failing at something. Which would add a boatload of issues to any study that attempted to see who is happier.

Esau Cairn
The Idiot's over at HeroChat spreading his hate speech.
Ha ha ha he's got nearly every mod & admin on Ignore.

Flyattractor
Ohhh Who is that?

Q99

Personally, I have not noticed a happiness gap between religious and non-religious people.

I don't recall any studies showing much of a difference either.

Surtur
The Idiot's over at HeroChat spreading his hate speech.
Ha ha ha he's got nearly every mod & admin on Ignore.

So he got perma banned? Damn, my condolences to whichever mod's child he sacrificed on an altar in order to earn that.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Q99
Personally, I have not noticed a happiness gap between religious and non-religious people.

I don't recall any studies showing much of a difference either.

Exactly how hard have you looked?

Simply type in to Google, without quotes, the following words:

"studies show religious happier"

You'll find a variety of studies coming up as hits for this, from a range of years, and from sources as varied as BBC and Discovery Magazine.

bluewaterrider
So he got perma banned ...? ... my condolences ...

Star428 has not, as I type this at least, been permanently banned from KMC.
However, and note this currently applies for most members only while they are on ACTIVE ban, his profile page does show him having received a temporary ban.

According to it, we should expect to see Star return shortly before Valentine's Day.

bluewaterrider
Nah, I know plenty of happy people who don't believe in a higher power. Every walk of life has unhappy people, both religious and not religious. You even have the truly crazy people who think that any atheist who is happy is only happy because they secretly do believe in God. Those people think happiness is impossible without God.

Another problem is I think religious people tend to be more dishonest about whether or not they are truly happy, they don't want to admit they aren't since it makes them feel like they are failing at something. Which would add a boatload of issues to any study that attempted to see who is happier.

Any study that relies on self-reporting will have numerous problems, and it's important to note atheists have equal, if not greater, incentive, to be dishonest in cases like this.

Surtur
It doesn't make much sense to sense an atheist would have more incentive to lie, it's as if you've never met a religious person. It's simply a nice little fairy tale religious people tell themselves, "oh those atheists just must be so unhappy without a higher power". In reality a religious person has *plenty* more reasons to lie. For them it's like something is at stake, for them it is like it possibly says something about their religion if they are unhappy. For an atheist it is what it is. There is no agenda or cause to keep in mind when thinking about your happiness.

They can't comprehend a person not needing some higher power to be happy. Perhaps it is jealously? I don't know. I mean I get it..of course they would want people to be under the false impression they are somehow happier. What better way to get people to join? So you see there are all kinds of potential motives for why a religious person would lie about their own happiness.

Like I said I have even seen people tell an atheist that no deep down they truly aren't an atheist and if they somehow are deep down an atheist then they definitely have little to no happiness. That is the level of wtf'ness you are dealing with. It's one thing to lie to yourself about yourself, but when you're lying to yourself about other people? Things get strange. It's the same reason any study claiming religious people are just happier is going to be bunk.

Surtur
I mean hell I did a google search and literally within 5 seconds I found a study saying religious people get depressed more then atheists do. So you can type in "study shows religious people happier" and get some results and studies, but of course if you type in the opposite you will also get...results and studies that say the opposite.

So to me, whether a study says atheists are happier or religious people are happier..it means nothing other then those specifical people in the study had one group happier then another. I wouldn't trust any results unless every single person had been hooked up to some new lie detecting machine that never fails to detect a lie.

Trocity
thumb up

bluewaterrider
It doesn't make much sense to sense an atheist would have more incentive to lie ...

Atheists count professed Satanists among their numbers. Members in this very forum have admitted as much. And a simple Google search will confirm. Simply type in "satanists atheists" without quotes if you don't believe me. You will find even the famous Laveyan order of Satanists consider and call themselves atheists. That tells me that either a) such people are lying, or b) Satanists really do comprise a portion of the ranks of atheists. That fact right there would tip the scales of dishonesty to the atheists "advantage".
On the other hand, we're largely overgeneralizing with the term "religious" to begin with. A LOT of people can be termed "religious" who practice things not even remotely related to Christianity.
It would probably do us well to remember the context of all this IS supposedly the Christian God and how to present people who profess disbelief in Him with a rebuttal that counters their traditional understood/misunderstood arguments.

bluewaterrider

They can't comprehend a person not needing some higher power to be happy. Perhaps it is jealously? I don't know ...

I seriously doubt jealousy enters in for most of those who aren't atheist.

More likely they see the benefits reaped by those who DO believe in a higher power and act in structured ways ON those beliefs. Immediately coming to mind for me, for instance, the very first time I saw the phrase "belief in a higher power" in this thread, was Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). That phraseology is a very well known portion of their creed for recovery. Joining together with others, believing that, through support and the aid of a power higher than oneself, and vigilance, one can regain, or, even gain for the first time, a life where true happiness, or at least a true and reasonable level of contentment, is possible.

A belief reinforced even by famous others, and so well known that it's not even necessary to mention AA by name.

Notice, for instance, Craig Ferguson, a popular late night talk show host many years running, refer to AA simply by saying "...they're very near the front of the telephone book ..." in the last minute of the following clip:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZVWIELHQQY

Surtur
Nah, it's probably just jealousy. It's cool though. Fake deities forgive jealously.

Greatest I am

As a Gnostic Christian, I am close enough to what most would call an atheist to reply.

I see both the scientific community and the religious community as both creating a God of the Gaps.

The scientific God of the Gaps is going to a brane and string theories that show we can never know what reality is and I also see the religious community and their God of the Gaps as supernatural.

Natural is more likely than supernatural.

Right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvBxFXQy7-M

Regards
DL

eThneoLgrRnae
LOL.

This thread is awesome, and that video is funny as hell. I've seen it before though.

*waits for Rob to b&tch about me bumping a several years old thread while he hypocritically ignores everytime pooty does it*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.