Indiana Jones 5...and it's not stopping there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
From Wiki

From MSN Entertainment page

Trocity
He wants to die as Han Solo and not do anymore Star Wars movies but he'll totally come back to make another crappy Jones movie.

F*** you, Harrison.

steverules_2
...it says it's unknown if he'll reprise the role erm

Trocity
You read my statement incorrectly.

steverules_2
Ah, I see what you're saying

Kazenji
I'd be up for them replacing Ford if it came to that.

Darth Thor
Yes! Bring it

Mindset
Originally posted by Trocity
He wants to die as Han Solo and not do anymore Star Wars movies but he'll totally come back to make another crappy Jones movie.

F*** you, Harrison. Indiana Jones is better than Star Wars. thumb up

jinXed by JaNx
I think there is room for another Indiana Jones movie. With proper writing his age shouldn't be a hindrance but it will obviously be a factor in in the story. An Indiana Jones 5 could work and could be as good as some of the originals but that's only if they focus on telling an Indiana Jones story and not the story of the next character that is going to be the future of the franchise. The fact that, Spielberg doesn't want to see anyone else play, Jones gives me hope that we're not going to see a reboot. If you're going to reboot the franchise just write another goddamn movie and call it something else. Indiana Jones is not James Bond. Indiana Jones is, Harrison Ford.

The fact that no one is asking for another, Indiana Jones should be enough to convince Disney to not reboot the franchise. A fifth Indiana Jones is not necessary and the only reason it may be welcomed is the hope that it would make up for, Kingdom of a Crystal Skull.

Either way, i think it's fair to say that fans of Indiana Jones would be willing to take another chance on a movie that closes the curtains on, Indy and finally introduces a son.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Mindset
Indiana Jones is better than Star Wars. thumb up

Plus, Indiana Jones death wouldn't add anything to any of the movies. The death of Han solo would added a lot to Jedi and would have also made sense. Which is why Ford thought he should have died.

carthage
No thanks

quanchi112

F*** you, Harrison. Han Solo is better off dead in Star Wars. High fives Kylo.

|King Joker|
Not really feeling anymore Indiana movies. Should've stopped after the Last Crusade, IMHO.

Inhuman
Shia killed the franshise barker

quanchi112
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Not really feeling anymore Indiana movies. Should've stopped after the Last Crusade, IMHO. Agreed. The last one stunk. I was never into Indiana anyways.

Esau Cairn
Khan would love a good whipping.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Khan would love a good whipping. You really are weird.

Impediment
I'm open for a reboot of the Indy franchise, but Harrison Ford needs to retire the role especially after Crystal Skull. Just awful.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Impediment
I'm open for a reboot of the Indy franchise, but Harrison Ford needs to retire the role especially after Crystal Skull. Just awful.

the worst thing about, KOTCS was not, Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford was the only reason anyone went to see the damn thing. I have to disagree with you, putting anyone other than Ford in the Role of Jones would not only turn me away from the franchise but encourage me to boycott it. This is, unless you properly introduce an heir to Jones legacy. Which i think the franchise deserves another shot at.

Trocity
Indiana Jones is better than Star Wars. thumb up

Crystal Skull was a bad movie.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Inhuman

Thought aliens did that

Darth Thor

KOTCS is generally considered a bad movie. But the franchise is hardly dead considering how much money it made. And now it's under the Disney Marketing machine, it will definitely make lots of money.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor
KOTCS is generally considered a bad movie.

Where exactly

RT has it at 78% & IMDB's rating is 6.2 and of course what you said regarding how much money it made

so really its not a "Bad"movie.

steverules_2
If Ford is replaced then I'd like to see Pratt in the role

jinXed by JaNx
It would surely be better than, Shia.

Esau Cairn
Pratt would be entertaining to watch but he's also becoming very cliched in the roles he's choosing to play.

Like Nicholson or Sam Jackson. They can only play themselves.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
the worst thing about, KOTCS was not, Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford was the only reason anyone went to see the damn thing.

I agree. Ford is & will always be Indiana Jones.
Just as he is iconic as Han Solo.

But do you really want to see a 71 yr old actor reprising the role?
Stunt doubles doing all the action then Ford showing his face on screen wanting us to believe his character did it...it's sadly going to be cringe worthy.

Kazenji
Pratt would be entertaining to watch but he's also becoming very cliched in the roles he's choosing to play.

Far from it.

Nephthys
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Not really feeling anymore Indiana movies. Should've stopped after the Last Crusade, IMHO.

jinXed by JaNx

But do you really want to see a 71 yr old actor reprising the role?
Stunt doubles doing all the action then Ford showing his face on screen wanting us to believe his character did it...it's sadly going to be cringe worthy.

Not unless it's handled like, Last crusade. I looked at, Connery the same way. That way they could at least pass the torch rather make a new one altogether.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
Where exactly

RT has it at 78% & IMDB's rating is 6.2 and of course what you said regarding how much money it made

Just what I generally hear from people. But I guess the better description would be it wasn't a great movie, which is what was expected of it. Perhaps not even a good movie.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Where exactly

I consider it a bad movie because of how much it stands out against the previous 3 films. It just doesn't fit in from a filmmaking style even to story and action. They used too much green screen and CGI, and swinging with monkeys and surviving an atomic bomb in a refrigerator?? C'mon, that is hilarious, yes, but total crap compared to the great original films. Even Spielberg and Lucas have admitted that they f-ed up pretty hard with Crystal Skull.

I tend to say please, no more Indiana Jones. Yes, Disney will probably pass the torch to a younger offspring, but I agree with whoever said they should cast someone else and call it something else. Indiana Jones IS Harrison Ford. And even if he passes the torch you can't call it Indiana Jones anymore!

Patient_Leech

F*** you, Harrison.
laughing

Haha, I thought I remembered reading that he agreed to do the new Star Wars as long as he got to do more Indiana Jones.. or am I making that up?

Esau Cairn
Not unless it's handled like, Last crusade. I looked at, Connery the same way. That way they could at least pass the torch rather make a new one altogether.

Yeah but I think Connery was def younger than 71 when he did Crusade.
I mean Ford's gonna be 72-73 by the time they start production, it's seriously not going to be a good look on screen, no matter if he's just there to pass the mantle to someone else.

CPT Space Bomb
There is only one Indiana Jones....the best thing they could do would be to have a movie centered around a young explorer that searched for Indy...maybe he has something he needs, or just for his knowledge...either way, Harrison should really be done with action movies now. He is a legend, but, sometimes legends should retire.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah but I think Connery was def younger than 71 when he did Crusade.
I mean Ford's gonna be 72-73 by the time they start production, it's seriously not going to be a good look on screen, no matter if he's just there to pass the mantle to someone else.

Doesn't matter, most of what made Indy, Indy was his wit. This can be passed down and always a striving point, for the series.

Surtur
the worst thing about, KOTCS was not, Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford was the only reason anyone went to see the damn thing. I have to disagree with you, putting anyone other than Ford in the Role of Jones would not only turn me away from the franchise but encourage me to boycott it. This is, unless you properly introduce an heir to Jones legacy. Which i think the franchise deserves another shot at.

Just because a certain actor is the reason people went to see a film does not automatically mean the actors performance in the film wasn't bad.

Just look at the Star Wars prequels. For all the hate they got they still made a boatload of money. Why? Brand recognition. But it didn't suddenly make the acting in Episode 1 any less dull.

It's the same here..people wanted to see the film for Ford because in their minds it would harken back to their childhood or something when the Indiana Jones trilogy was in its prime.

Esau Cairn
Doesn't matter, most of what made Indy, Indy was his wit.

Yeah but his reprisal as Han Solo was more of a "Hah the old guy said/did the funny thing he said/did when he was younger...how quaint."

"Oh he's reaching for his whip but he'll pull out his gun instead...quaint."

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Just what I generally hear from people. But I guess the better description would be it wasn't a great movie, which is what was expected of it. Perhaps not even a good movie.

Personally i felt it was just an "Okay" sequel.

Inhuman
Originally posted by steverules_2
If Ford is replaced then I'd like to see Pratt in the role

I like Pratt as much as the next guy, but he is already in enough big blockbuster franchises right now. Playing characters close to Indy as it is. (Guardians & Jurassic World)
They should go younger like that young Indy flashback in the beginning of Last Crusade.

Actually instead of A new Indiana Jones sequel they should make a prequel series of movies of Young Indy.
Now that they fuqed up handing the whip over to his son.

queeq
Originally posted by steverules_2
Thought aliens did that

I thought Lucas did that. Oh... wait... Now I get it.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I consider it a bad movie because of how much it stands out against the previous 3 films. It just doesn't fit in from a filmmaking style even to story and action. They used too much green screen and CGI, and swinging with monkeys and surviving an atomic bomb in a refrigerator?? C'mon, that is hilarious, yes, but total crap compared to the great original films.

Y'know the only real disadvantage Crystal Skull had compared to the previous Indy Films was that it was made in the age of the Internet & social media.
Everyone got to ***** about the fridge scene being stupid.
But then again social media wasn't around to say how stupid it was to swing by a whip. Or how silly the coal car roller coaster scene was jumping over broken tracks & defying every law of gravity. Or surviving a plane crash & using an inflatable raft down a mountain side.

CPT Space Bomb
Y'know the only real disadvantage Crystal Skull had compared to the previous Indy Films was that it was made in the age of the Internet & social media.
Everyone got to ***** about the fridge scene being stupid.
But then again social media wasn't around to say how stupid it was to swing by a whip. Or how silly the coal car roller coaster scene was jumping over broken tracks & defying every law of gravity. Or surviving a plane crash & using an inflatable raft down a mountain side. Dude, the fridge scene wasn't remotely close to the biggest problems the movie had. I didn't even mind that scene too much...it wasn't good, but it certainly wasn't the worst part. The third act pretty much sealed that deal.

Quincy
I'm alright with another Indy movie, but only if it's Harrison Ford, and it's HIS movie rather than setting up a new character to take over.

And I don't want a young indy movie with Chris Pratt

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Quincy
And I don't want a young indy movie with Chris Pratt I agree on the "young Indy" part...however, seeing Chriss Pratt take the "job" of Indiana Jones? Hell yes!

Quincy
eww no come on

Darth Thor
Originally posted by queeq
I thought Lucas did that. Oh... wait... Now I get it.

All the blame going to Lucas? None to Spielberg?

Darth Thor

Actually instead of A new Indiana Jones sequel they should make a prequel series of movies of Young Indy.
Now that they fuqed up handing the whip over to his son.

And get the same guy whose playing Young Solo to play Young Indy big grin

I'd be down for that.

CPT Space Bomb
eww no come on Why not? He's charismatic, funny and can do drama. Is he Harrison Ford? No, but no one is. I can certainly think of people I'd like LESS to take on the mantle.

Quincy
Why not just make another franchise that doesn't utilize Indiana Jones as a crutch?

CPT Space Bomb
Why not just make another franchise that doesn't utilize Indiana Jones as a crutch? Then we'd be in a different thread then, wouldn't we wink laughing out loud

Anyway, I see what you're saying but that's the thing about franchises. People want to see them continue. I don't NEED Indy to continue, I'm just saying if the show MUST go on, I'd like to think Chris Pratt has the chops to do it.

Mindset
Crystal Skull was a bad movie. EP1,2,3 were bad movies.

Like Nicholson or Sam Jackson. They can only play themselves. Why is that a bad thing?

Esau Cairn
Not saying Pratt is a bad thing...just that it's no stretch of acting on his part.
His Indy would just be a combo of StarLord & his role in Jurasic World.

ares834
I actually liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I thought it was far better than Temple of Doom though nowhere near as good as the original or Last Crusade. Looking forward to another one especially if For returns.

Mindset
Not saying Pratt is a bad thing...just that it's no stretch of acting on his part.
His Indy would just be a combo of StarLord & his role in Jurasic World. Ok, but why does that matter?

Esau Cairn
Ok, but why does that matter?

I'm honestly not saying it's either good or bad.
If Pratt wants to be type casted that way, good for him, he'll make millions.

Got nothing against Pratt or his choice of movies so far, they're all entertaining.

Nai
the worst thing about, KOTCS was not, Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford was the only reason anyone went to see the damn thing. I have to disagree with you, putting anyone other than Ford in the Role of Jones would not only turn me away from the franchise but encourage me to boycott it.

I agree.

They tried with putting Shia in as his son. And that was a damn bad idea on so many levels. "Jones" was always a mix of (religion related) mysticism, academics (archeology, languages, codes) and adventure. KOTCS killed the first part of it already with the MacGuffin Lucas came up with. And the role of Shia killed the academics part. So the question is: Who wants to see the adventures of a gearhead wearing the hat of his father?

If they want to make another Jones movie, they'll probably need to move Indiana into the role that his father once had (more academical, yet more adventurous obviously) and give Jones' part to his "heir". One of his students that "stumbles" into an adventure would probably be a good idea. Shia...not so much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.