Vegeta vs Piccolo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Vegeta goes on a rampage after the events on planet Namek, Piccolo gets in his way, who wins??

carver9
Vegeta. Vegeta became more powerful after the Piccolo fight against Frieza. Remember, Krillin almost killed Vegeta and healed him via Dende. Then we have that showing where Vegeta was able to see Frieza attacks and Piccolo wasn't. The only reason he was able to detect and react to Frieza attacks was due to the huge difference in power compared to the other Z fighters. With that said, Vegeta stomps.

yungz22
only time piccolo was stronger than vegeta is after the kami fusion and vs second form frieza

Time-Immemorial
Piccolo is always dead, like right nowlaughing out loud

AuraAngel
Piccolo will lose and Gohan, in his rage, will curb Vegeta quite handily.

Estacado
Piccolo is useless as always.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Estacado
Piccolo is useless as always.

Well said Carver

Agusto Pinochet
Vegeta > Third Form Frieza > Piccolo (Nail Fusion) > Second Form Frieza

Vegeta wins easily.

Damborgson
That was a hell of a boost, before Krillin he couldn't even move second from frieza with a cheap shot.

carver9
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Well said Carver

Sigh.

Time-Immemorial
Piccolo stands for Pussy!

NewGuy01
Not to mention the fact that even after the Krillin thing, he skirted death yet again when Frieza killed him. Piccolo has no chance.

TheBadguy
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Piccolo will lose and Gohan, in his rage, will curb Vegeta quite handily.

Vegeta pushing ssj at this point. Gohan will get washed

Bentley
Piccolo reminds Vegeta that he saw him crying like a wuss after getting slapped around by Frieza, Vegeta calms down and apologizes.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Vegeta pushing ssj at this point. Gohan will get washed

You think Piccolo dying won't trigger Gohan going SSJ?

Ridley_Prime
Of course Vegeta wins with the post-revival zenkai, but what's with some of the unwarranted Piccolo hate here? confused

Kento
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
what's with some of the unwarranted Piccolo hate here? confused This, this is what I am wondering. Piccolo dies sure..but usually involves him saving Gohan because someone can't dodge.

TheBadguy
Originally posted by AuraAngel
You think Piccolo dying won't trigger Gohan going SSJ?

I doubt his power level at this point is ssj eligible even if it is a namek ssj Gohan I doubt would be strong enough to beat vegeta at that point.

Time-Immemorial

Bentley

He does get a lot of pussy.

Time-Immemorial
Who's, besides your moms?

Bentley
Who's, besides your moms?

You do realize that Piccolo is a fictional character, right?

But don't let that stop you from making such awesome comebacks wink

Damborgson
Piccolo is awesome. But sadly, it's very likely he doesn't have a penis.

juggerman
Originally posted by Damborgson
Piccolo is awesome. But sadly, it's very likely he doesn't have a penis.

He has two on his forehead.

But Vegeta wins this unless Piccolo immediately goes to Kami and they fuse.

TheBadguy
Who the better fighter and or strategist is the real question

Q99
Piccolo's got the best record of punching above his weight class. If they were around equal power level, I'd bet on him due to superior strategy.

However, PL does trump everything.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Damborgson
That was a hell of a boost, before Krillin he couldn't even move second from frieza with a cheap shot.

Some zenkais were insane.

Estacado
Piccolo is great at getting killed.
He got killed by Nappa then Frieza then Cell almost killed him Buu ate him and now Frieza killed him again.

thumb up

SSJGGogeta
Namekians are asexual, you idiots.

Anyway, Vegeta wins, even though the OP is pretty unclear.

juggerman
Now if they were at even PL's then Piccolo would win

juggerman
Originally posted by Estacado
Piccolo is great at getting killed.
He got killed by Nappa then Frieza then Cell almost killed him Buu ate him and now Frieza killed him again.

thumb up

Piccolo didn't get killed by Frieza on Namek. Vegeta did. Vegeta also almost got killed by Cell as well and got killed by a much weaker Buu than the one that absorbed Piccolo. He also was almost killed again by Kid Buu. Vegeta has a pretty substantial losing record himself......

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by juggerman
Now if they were at even PL's then Piccolo would win

I'm not sure about that. Goku > Piccolo, even with even PL's.

Vegeta is a MUCH more skilled, ruthless, and on-gaurd fighter than Goku.

Sure, Piccolo has regeneration, but that's mostly just a fail-safe, to make sure he doesn't get one-shotted in most scenario's.

juggerman
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
I'm not sure about that. Goku > Piccolo, even with even PL's.

Sure, Piccolo has regeneration, but that's mostly just a fail-safe, to make sure he doesn't get one-shotted in most scenario's.

Vegeta is not Goku. Also Goku's PL was greater than Piccolo's if only slightly

Vegeta is also not as.... "inventive" ...I guess is the word I'd use. Vegeta is a brute force kinda guy. Goku, while pretty retarded, is a much better strategist mid battle.

Piccolo has more than regen. He is a master tactician plus he has a much wider array of techniques at his disposal than Vegeta including magic.

StiltmanFTW
Vegeta is a brute force kinda guy.

3V5VaKLA3fQ

Vorpal Ruin

You forgot arrogant, reckless and vein.

Vegeta likely has the PL advantage here, so he would win.

SSJGGogeta
Vegeta is not Goku. Also Goku's PL was greater than Piccolo's if only slightly

Vegeta is also not as.... "inventive" ...I guess is the word I'd use. Vegeta is a brute force kinda guy. Goku, while pretty retarded, is a much better strategist mid battle.

Piccolo has more than regen. He is a master tactician plus he has a much wider array of techniques at his disposal than Vegeta including magic.

No, Goku's power level was even suggested by Roshi to be slightly inferior to Piccolo's.

And you're completely off base here. Refer to what Stiltman posted. Vegeta is a MUCH better strategist, and fighter than Goku is. Goku is able to counter that with his natural instinct, which makes it an even fight if the two have even power levels. Vegeta is the top-dog in his series, when it comes to fighting skill. Other than perhaps Whiss, but we'll have to wait and see, and it's irrelevant.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
You forgot arrogant, reckless and vein.

Vegeta likely has the PL advantage here, so he would win.

Okay, he wants a big challenge. When he realizes Piccolo can't give it to him, he will kill him. Even if they have equal PL's, Vegeta's way more skilled.

Piccolo is not Cell. He has no androids to absorb and boost his power. thumb up

One Big Mob
Piccolo didn't get killed by Frieza on Namek. Vegeta did. Vegeta also almost got killed by Cell as well and got killed by a much weaker Buu than the one that absorbed Piccolo. He also was almost killed again by Kid Buu. Vegeta has a pretty substantial losing record himself...... Anyone who isn't Goku has a losing record, or at least started looking terrible. Hell Vegeta pretty much stopped winning fights after Namek, besides Android 19, Imperfect Cell, Trunks, Pui Pui, Goku Trunks Goten with cheap shots. Good thing we're not counting movies where he'd show up to get dropped.

At least Super put him equal to Goku though. Hopefully it doesn't go back to the old ways.

Anyway on the earlier convo.
If we're counting King Piccolo, then he's died to Goku, Nappa, Kid Buu, and Frieza.
Vegeta died to Frieza, and killed himself against Buu.
Near deaths would include Frieza, Cell, and Buu for Piccolo. Vegeta would include Cell and Kid Buu. Did Beerus nearly kill Piccolo with chopsticks or am I forgetting things?

Although with Piccolo in the tourney, hopefully he gets some good shine too. And a massive powerup.

juggerman
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
3V5VaKLA3fQ

Didn't Vegeta fire a ki blast in anger that Gero absorbed after knowing full well about the absorption technique? Guy doesn't fire on all cylinders

No, Goku's power level was even suggested by Roshi to be slightly inferior to Piccolo's.

And you're completely off base here. Refer to what Stiltman posted. Vegeta is a MUCH better strategist, and fighter than Goku is. Goku is able to counter that with his natural instinct, which makes it an even fight if the two have even power levels. Vegeta is the top-dog in his series, when it comes to fighting skill. Other than perhaps Whiss, but we'll have to wait and see, and it's irrelevant.

Pretty sure Goku edged him but either way their powers were close.

He is called a good strategist but look at his actual actions in battle. He is easily manipulated by multiple opponents due to his pride and arrogance. Piccolo can easily exploit him after knowing him for about 5 minutes.

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Anyway on the earlier convo.
If we're counting King Piccolo, then he's died to Goku, Nappa, Kid Buu, and Frieza.
Vegeta died to Frieza, and killed himself against Buu.
Near deaths would include Frieza, Cell, and Buu for Piccolo. Vegeta would include Cell and Kid Buu. Did Beerus nearly kill Piccolo with chopsticks or am I forgetting things?

For Vegeta you should add Z- Fighters, Zarbon, Recoome, 18, and Fat Buu to "near deaths"

SSJGGogeta
Didn't Vegeta fire a ki blast in anger that Gero absorbed after knowing full well about the absorption technique? Guy doesn't fire on all cylinders

Pretty sure Goku edged him but either way their powers were close.

He is called a good strategist but look at his actual actions in battle. He is easily manipulated by multiple opponents due to his pride and arrogance. Piccolo can easily exploit him after knowing him for about 5 minutes.

For Vegeta you should add Z- Fighters, Zarbon, Recoome, 18, and Fat Buu to "near deaths"

He did that to draw Gero out of hiding, because they can't sense cyborgs.

Okay, sure, they're roughly equals. That was my whole point, Goku > Piccolo, even with equal PL's.

Um... Okay, sure. If Piccolo had some weakness to exploit, he could, and would. But Vegeta's only weakness is his pride, which isn't a weakness, as long as he doesn't have any other weaknesses. :/ There is no way for Piccolo to raise his own power, or lower Vegeta's. They can only fight in this situation, because Vegeta doesn't have his tail, and Piccolo doesn't have any other forms like Frieza/Cell. And Vegeta > Goku, and Goku > Piccolo, ALL with even PL's. Meaning Vegeta > Goku > Piccolo, with even PL's.

Well to be fair, Vegeta wasn't almost killed by #18. She just broke his arm, that's all. Really nothing more than a mild inconvenience for him.

TheBadguy
We need to see these 2 fight on equal terms at some point. I don't think the strategy gap is big at all. And vegeta is stronger than goku in super

One Big Mob
For Vegeta you should add Z- Fighters, Zarbon, Recoome, 18, and Fat Buu to "near deaths" Nah. I'm talking like worrying they're alive. Not just big ass kickings. Vegeta was still functioning fairly well afterwards. His pride almost died to 18 though. He also got up and walked away from the Z Fighters and almost everyone else was in the same condition as him. Iirc Zarbon was the only one to KO him there.

And Fat Buu ended in death, and Vegeta was still able to fire off one of the most powerful attacks we saw in Z contrary to Fat Buu's attacks, though of course he killed himself.

Also thinking about Fat Buu, but Dabura almost killed Piccolo but that wasn't really in battle, nor about pls.

juggerman
He did that to draw Gero out of hiding, because they can't sense cyborgs.

Okay, sure, they're roughly equals. That was my whole point, Goku > Piccolo, even with equal PL's.

Um... Okay, sure. If Piccolo had some weakness to exploit, he could, and would. But Vegeta's only weakness is his pride, which isn't a weakness, as long as he doesn't have any other weaknesses. :/ There is no way for Piccolo to raise his own power, or lower Vegeta's. They can only fight in this situation, because Vegeta doesn't have his tail, and Piccolo doesn't have any other forms like Frieza/Cell. And Vegeta > Goku, and Goku > Piccolo, ALL with even PL's. Meaning Vegeta > Goku > Piccolo, with even PL's.

Well to be fair, Vegeta wasn't almost killed by #18. She just broke his arm, that's all. Really nothing more than a mild inconvenience for him.

He did it and then immediately cursed himself for forgetting it would power Gero up.

That doesn't really matter since Goku >>> Vegeta even with a weaker PL

He does, Vegeta's pride is a major weakness that can and has been exploited. Plus almost all of Vegeta's victories were against opponents that were wildly inferior to himself. When an opponent is at his level or beyond, he's all but useless.

I thought Vegeta was almost killed by 18. Guess I was wrong

Nah. I'm talking like worrying they're alive. Not just big ass kickings. Vegeta was still functioning fairly well afterwards. His pride almost died to 18 though. He also got up and walked away from the Z Fighters and almost everyone else was in the same condition as him. Iirc Zarbon was the only one to KO him there.

And Fat Buu ended in death, and Vegeta was still able to fire off one of the most powerful attacks we saw in Z contrary to Fat Buu's attacks, though of course he killed himself.

Also thinking about Fat Buu, but Dabura almost killed Piccolo but that wasn't really in battle, nor about pls.

Yeah maybe not 18 but the Zarbon beating was near death. He even says it himself after being healed that Zarbon almost killed him

And iirc Buu did almost kill him but Trunks saved his life

Dabura wasn't a fight but we can count it for Piccolo

One Big Mob
I haven't seen the Zarbon one for a while but iirc he got up and healed on his own. Either way that's probably the worst one besides Kid Buu.

I'd be hesitant to put a fight where he died into the "near death" category is all. I don't even think he got ko'ed there though surprisingly. That shit was brutal and he made Gohan look like even bigger trash by taking any of those attacks.

Either way though, for being hugely mistreated they don't have that terrible of showings. Pretty much everyone they almost died against or died against is understandable (except when Goku let Kid Buu kill all his kids and Piccolo). Zarbon is probably the worst of the bunch.
Vegeta looks better in terms of win losses after the initial villain arc of them.
Worse if we factor in movies. Vegeta monologue to instant loss and all that.

juggerman
I haven't seen the Zarbon one for a while but iirc he got up and healed on his own. Either way that's probably the worst one besides Kid Buu.

I'd be hesitant to put a fight where he died into the "near death" category is all. I don't even think he got ko'ed there though surprisingly. That shit was brutal and he made Gohan look like even bigger trash by taking any of those attacks.

Either way though, for being hugely mistreated they don't have that terrible of showings. Pretty much everyone they almost died against or died against is understandable (except when Goku let Kid Buu kill all his kids and Piccolo). Zarbon is probably the worst of the bunch.
Vegeta looks better in terms of win losses after the initial villain arc of them.
Worse if we factor in movies. Vegeta monologue to instant loss and all that.

Nah Zarbon went back to Frieza and said he killed Vageta. Frieza scolds him because Vegeta hid a Dragonball. Zarbon went out and found a near dead Vegeta and brought him back to the healing chamber. Vegeta was healed then stole Frieza's Dragonballs.

Well he was nearly killed by Fat Buu before he was saved and then he killed himself. I think it still counts but I can see why you may not

I wasn't trying to say their showings were overly bad, just that Vegeta has has just about as many negative showings as Piccolo. Possibly more.

One Big Mob
Nah Zarbon went back to Frieza and said he killed Vageta. Frieza scolds him because Vegeta hid a Dragonball. Zarbon went out and found a near dead Vegeta and brought him back to the healing chamber. Vegeta was healed then stole Frieza's Dragonballs.

Well he was nearly killed by Fat Buu before he was saved and then he killed himself. I think it still counts but I can see why you may not

I wasn't trying to say their showings were overly bad, just that Vegeta has has just about as many negative showings as Piccolo. Possibly more. K. I was hazy about that one. That's another one for Vegeta then. On a hazy note, I forget how bad Piccolo lost to Goku in Dragonball. Was that just a loss or a near death experience?

Well a fight that ends in a death shouldn't count near deaths imo. I'd have to go back but Vegeta wasn't even ko'ed by Buu to my recollection. Just badly beat and on his way to death had it continued but not near enough.

True. Though that probably has to do with the only thing Piccolo did after Cell was attack Babadi and blow up a door. Had Z continued on during that time Piccolo would have maybe turned his shoulder every so often. Some new villain shows up and we get a shocked face from Piccolo. Piccolo then looks better from doing nothing. Which probably would have benefitted Vegeta in a couple cases.
Maybe later I'll go through the histories if I feel like getting out my laptop.

Also it'll be interesting what they do with Piccolo and Buu in the tourney. Both need a powerup, and you can't really make Piccolo more powerful than Buu so... very curious.

juggerman
K. I was hazy about that one. That's another one for Vegeta then. On a hazy note, I forget how bad Piccolo lost to Goku in Dragonball. Was that just a loss or a near death experience?

Well a fight that ends in a death shouldn't count near deaths imo. I'd have to go back but Vegeta wasn't even ko'ed by Buu to my recollection. Just badly beat and on his way to death had it continued but not near enough.

True. Though that probably has to do with the only thing Piccolo did after Cell was attack Babadi and blow up a door. Had Z continued on during that time Piccolo would have maybe turned his shoulder every so often. Some new villain shows up and we get a shocked face from Piccolo. Piccolo then looks better from doing nothing. Which probably would have benefitted Vegeta in a couple cases.
Maybe later I'll go through the histories if I feel like getting out my laptop.

Also it'll be interesting what they do with Piccolo and Buu in the tourney. Both need a powerup, and you can't really make Piccolo more powerful than Buu so... very curious.

I don't think it was near death. He was just injured and on his way to unconsciousness iirc. Goku beat him by knocking him out of the ring with a flying headbutt to the ribs. Tho to be fair, Piccolo can survive things that would likely kill Saiyans.

I think you're right about him not being KO'd. I just mean Buu was sitting on him and actively beating him to death when Trunk intervened. But as I said I can see why you might not count it

Yeah I didn't like that Piccolo was of no use as a fighter after Cell. I think it would have benefited the series to have him keep up with the Saiyan(tho likely he would have always been a step behind). He just was very unique but I guess Buu is kind of a very upgraded Piccolo. Regen, elongated limbs, magic.

I haven't watched any Super yet. I've heard a few things about it tho. Back when GT first came out I thought a cool idea would be if Piccolo ran into all of the Super Nameks and King Piccolo while he was trapped in Hell and fused with them all becoming a SSJ4-SSJ5 level villain/anti hero. He would still have love for Gohan and such but all that evil in him would have huge affects.

They did a bunch of Nameks fusing in DragonBall Multiverse

Astner
The only times Piccolo was stronger than Vegeta in the series:
After Piccolo fused with Nail but before Vegeta's second Zenkai on Namek.
After Piccolo fused with Kami but before Vegeta's training in the Room of Time and Spirit.

One Big Mob
I don't think it was near death. He was just injured and on his way to unconsciousness iirc. Goku beat him by knocking him out of the ring with a flying headbutt to the ribs. Tho to be fair, Piccolo can survive things that would likely kill Saiyans.

I think you're right about him not being KO'd. I just mean Buu was sitting on him and actively beating him to death when Trunk intervened. But as I said I can see why you might not count it

Yeah I didn't like that Piccolo was of no use as a fighter after Cell. I think it would have benefited the series to have him keep up with the Saiyan(tho likely he would have always been a step behind). He just was very unique but I guess Buu is kind of a very upgraded Piccolo. Regen, elongated limbs, magic.

I haven't watched any Super yet. I've heard a few things about it tho. Back when GT first came out I thought a cool idea would be if Piccolo ran into all of the Super Nameks and King Piccolo while he was trapped in Hell and fused with them all becoming a SSJ4-SSJ5 level villain/anti hero. He would still have love for Gohan and such but all that evil in him would have huge affects.

They did a bunch of Nameks fusing in DragonBall Multiverse In GT Piccolo became the protector of Hell or whatever which was kind of cool. That's about all he did though.

I have my doubts that he'll fuse with Nameks in Super though even though that's a perfectly available powerup to explain a strength increase. It just seems to make too much sense for them to use it. Especially with all the talk of Namek in the recent arc. Everything is set up too well for them to make a legitimate reason.

juggerman
In GT Piccolo became the protector of Hell or whatever which was kind of cool. That's about all he did though.

I have my doubts that he'll fuse with Nameks in Super though even though that's a perfectly available powerup to explain a strength increase. It just seems to make too much sense for them to use it. Especially with all the talk of Namek in the recent arc. Everything is set up too well for them to make a legitimate reason.

He survived being attacked by Gohan. Doesn't seem like much on the surface but in GT Gohan never stopped training so he would be more powerful than his Mystic self. Then he helped free Goku from Hell, which was kinda silly since Goku IT'd into Hell later on and left Piccolo there. All in all he got the shaft

I was kinda turned off by the new films. The don't make much sense in the grand scheme and that's why I haven't really cared to watch Super.

Ridley_Prime
Ugh, people that gave shitty GT a try but won't give Super the same chance/benefit of a doubt.

Q99
Ugh, people that gave shitty GT a try but won't give Super the same chance/benefit of a doubt.

GT had some definite bad parts, but some good parts too. I quite liked the Babi arc, and the Syn/Omega Shenron fight was suitably epic for a finale.

Super, well, so far it's been pretty lazy in it's foes and powerups. And if it suddenly buckles down and gets good, that's great! But it hasn't yet.

juggerman

Well we didn't know GT was bad until we watched it. Also I was a lot younger when I first saw GT. I didn't realize i didn't like it until it was too late laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.