SoD Darth Maul Vs ROTS Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Agusto Pinochet
Who wins? I used Maul as of Son of Dathomir because thats the most powerful version we've seen of him (same with Kenobi proabably). In sabers, force, and all-out.

EmperorSidious2
Sabers-Kenobi

Force-All depends. Under normal circumstances about even or maybe even Obi wan. Not seeing Maul ever accomplish what Obi Wan did in ROTS against Anakin. However enraged I give to maul.

All out-Obi Wan

Agusto Pinochet
I think

1.Not really sure. Kenobi did fight Maul/Savage at once but that wasint really a win since he only beat Savage. They seemed even in the previous fight and Maul did beat Kenobi when it was Maul/Savage Vs Kenobi/Ventress. TBH I could see this going ether way but I give Maul the slight edge.

2.Maul easily here. Everytime he and Kenobi fought in TCW Maul demonstrated he was far superior with the force. Choking Kenobi like what three times? In the fight between Savage/Maul and Kenobi, Maul even ended the fight with the force.

3.Maul is just to powerful in the force for Kenobi. I think Maul would win 7-8/10 but it would be good fights. I just don't see how Kenobi is better seeing as how Maul was made out to be stronger in TCW and he's stronger in SoD.

quanchi112
Maul wins.

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
Maul wins. Do you ever not say that in a thread involving Maul?

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Kurk
Do you ever not say that in a thread involving Maul?

Put Sidious Yoda or Mace in there he will say they these three.

Trocity
Either way.

|King Joker|
Maul's telekinetic power should afford him a majority, IMO.

Lord Stark
Kenobi takes it, not easily mind you. But his superior swordsmanship should indeed land him a victory against SoD Maul. And given his ability to match (an albeit emotionally conflicted) Anakin's TK. I don't see him getting ragdolled at all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
Do you ever not say that in a thread involving Maul? I am being objective you should try it sometime.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lord Stark
And given his ability to match (an albeit emotionally conflicted) Anakin's TK. I don't see him getting ragdolled at all.

Of course he TK'd Anakin the same time Anakin TK'd him. Whereas he generally gets caught off guard by other Sith Lords.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Of course he TK'd Anakin the same time Anakin TK'd him. Whereas he generally gets caught off guard by other Sith Lords.

Eh him and Anakin combined also deflected Tyranus' TK, albeit with effort. And they let out a pretty impressive blast in response. If anything based on their performances on Oba-Dia it suggests that Kenobi and Skywalker were peers force wise with Anakin being the superior duelist.

Also in canon the times Obi-Wan has been TKed by Maul he was either:
A. Wounded
B. Fending off another formidable duelist in Savage/ just expended a ton of energy with a ton of ataru acrobatics (which is an atypical form for him).

I doubt Maul could do that to a fresh Kenobi, he's no Dooku.

TheNuisanceBird
I've actually seen someone make a good argument for Maul.

This is from a Star Wars versus page on Facebook where both of them are in their primes:

"My opinion... Maul. In The Phantom Menace, Maul had won, so he let his guard down. That's how Obi-Wan won. In their first fight in The Clone Wars, Maul pretty much wrecked Obi-Wan. In the next fight, though, Obi-Wan took on Maul AND Savage. I think it's because Savage got in the way.
Noah Sternhill, you'll appreciate this next part.
More of my rationale is that a resurrected TPM (way less powerful than Maul's prime, which is during the events of Son of Dathomir) Darth Maul kicked ~ANH Darth Vader's butt, and ANH Vader is pretty solidly above Kenobi IMO.
~Durge"

I agree with this for the most part. Kenobi still has a good chance and it's definitely a 6/10.

cs_zoltan
That's some class A bullshit.

How the **** is ANH Vader above RotS Kenobi when he struggled with ANH Ben Kenobi? That should with their ridiculous ABC logic mean TPM Maul ~ ANH Ben Kenobi.

Not to mention that the Maul clone vs Vader duel is not canon, not even in Legends.

EmperorSidious2

Syndicate
I personally believe they're complete equals.

NewGuy01

TheNuisanceBird
^ Oh no.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Eh him and Anakin combined also deflected Tyranus' TK, albeit with effort. And they let out a pretty impressive blast in response. If anything based on their performances on Oba-Dia it suggests that Kenobi and Skywalker were peers force wise with Anakin being the superior duelist.

Also in canon the times Obi-Wan has been TKed by Maul he was either:
A. Wounded
B. Fending off another formidable duelist in Savage/ just expended a ton of energy with a ton of ataru acrobatics (which is an atypical form for him).

I doubt Maul could do that to a fresh Kenobi, he's no Dooku.

That's what I mean. Sith Lords tend to catch him off guard with Tk attacks. Mauls probably only slightly more powerful in Tk than Obi-Wan tbh. But he's probably better at applying the ability during combat.

ILS
lmfao

Rebel95
up

JKBart
Obi-Wan barely, by RotS he's a superior combatant, but Maul holds a considerable Force edge.

Rebel95
I could see it going either way

JKBart
ok

Kurk
It can go either way based on environmental conditions, the emotional states of the combatants, etc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That's what I mean. Sith Lords tend to catch him off guard with Tk attacks. Mauls probably only slightly more powerful in Tk than Obi-Wan tbh. But he's probably better at applying the ability during combat. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.