Building the Great Wall of Trump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Since there is already some sort of wall in some places.

What's wrong with building a new one that actually works?

After all, it will increase national security, create jobs, stop illegal immigration of all kinds regardless of race, stop human sex trafficking and a lot of drug smuggling as well.

Some people say it can't be done. I'd like to hear why it can't be.

Newjak
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Since there is already some sort of wall in some places.

What's wrong with building a new one that actually works?

After all, it will increase national security, create jobs, stop illegal immigration of all kinds regardless of race, stop human sex trafficking and a lot of drug smuggling as well.

Some people say it can't be done. I'd like to hear why it can't be. It could potentially be done but what is the cost.

The logistics on building the wall are ridiculous.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/09/this-is-what-trumps-border-wall-could-cost-us.html

It is going to cost a lot of money. Like a stupid ton of money. It will need to be constantly manned and patrolled. Which is going to take a lot of manpower and technology.

Oh and assuming we can do all of that there is no guarantee the thing will actually work. It's not like this is going to be a force barrier that is impregnable. Sadly walls and obstacles are made to be overcome and they often are.

And what does it gain us. More secure borders? A wall isn't really going to keep out a modern military. Most weapons will be able to decimate them pretty easily especially if the wall is just sitting there.

Stop illegal immigration. Only if the wall actually works.

Stop illegal drug trafficking and the sex trade. Maybe but there are other means of entering the country with these things like planes and boats. Plus there are probably more cost effective ways to handle those problems. And the success of the wall once again hinges on it's ability to keep people out which will be an unknown factor.

Tzeentch
I don't actually have any problem with the wall- it certainly isn't unethical.

Mexico ain't ****ing paying for it though.

Flyattractor
IF Building the Wall meant we could save even one life, shouldn't we just go ahead and do it?

Robtard
People get through the fences now, so Southern immigrants will just make new passages and get through, since it would be nigh impossible to patrol 2,000+ miles of fencing/wall.

So we'd have a barrier that cost a ridiculous amount to build, costs a ridiculous amount of money to maintain and patrol and immigrants would still be getting in.

Now how is this a good idea?

MF DELPH
If a wall is going to be built Trump might as well go Mega-City One with it and build it around the entirety of the contiguous United States. Alaska, Hawaii, and the U.S. territories can fend for themselves. They can be the Cursed Earth.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
People get through the fences now, so Southern immigrants will just make new passages and get through, since it would be nigh impossible to patrol 2,000+ miles of fencing/wall.

So we'd have a barrier that cost a ridiculous amount to build, costs a ridiculous amount of money to maintain and patrol and immigrants would still be getting in.

So by this logic why do people like you insist that we can fight gun violence and Climate Change?

Robtard
Originally posted by Flyattractor

So by this logic why do people like you insist that we can fight gun violence and Climate Change?

Good trolln', brah thumb up

Flyattractor
Good trolln', brah thumb up

Now this is what Timmy would call "AVOIDING the QUESTION!"

Star428

thumb up

Liberalism 101: When you can't answer the question, attack the person asking it.

Robtard

Newjak

So by this logic why do people like you insist that we can fight gun violence and Climate Change? Because they aren't the same thing and thus present different challenges and ranges of difficulties.

Time-Immemorial

So no wall to keep bad things from happening but take guns awaythumb up

Gotcha

Robtard

Your question was silly and not comparable; it's purpose was to troll. We have statistics that show how gun control can work and we have miles of data showing that man-made/effected climate change is a thing.

While the logistics of said wall show it's both futile and nigh impossible in the current climate. We also have China's Great Wall as an example, it didn't work; the Mongols invaded.

The more you know thumb up

Newjak

Gotcha How do these two things even logically correlate to the topic at hand or dismiss Rob's talking points?

Robtard

Gotcha

See my response to Fly thumb up

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Newjak
Because they aren't the same thing and thus present different challenges and ranges of difficulties.

How so?

Robtard
How do these two things even logically correlate to the topic at hand or dismiss Rob's talking points?

It's just a deflection tactic since they can't refute my points.

Newjak
How so? Climate Change and Gun Control are not the same as attempting to build a 2000 mile long wall.

You honestly don't see the differences in these things and how they would need to be handled in different manners?

Robtard
Originally posted by Star428
thumb up

Liberalism 101: When you can't answer the question, attack the person asking it.

That is basically what Fly and TI did here; I doubt you'd call either a "liberal".

Time-Immemorial
I didn't attack you. Quit making things up.

Flyattractor
Your question was silly and not comparable; it's purpose was to troll. We have statistics that show how gun control can work and we have miles of data showing that man-made/effected climate change is a thing.

While the logistics of said wall show it's both futile and nigh impossible in the current climate. We also have China's Great Wall as an example, it didn't work; the Mongols invaded.

The more you know thumb up

Statistics that are taken from HIGHLY Doubtful sources. Aka bent to push the agenda that a select elite wishes to get across. And a wall built here could stem the flow from millions to possibly a few thousand or less.

Yes I know that would put a stop to the new Democrat Voting base so we shouldn't try.

Robtard
I didn't attack you. Quit making things up.

You ignored my on-topic question and made a dismissive snarky comment.

If you think Trump's wall is actually a good idea and feasible, you could sell your points on it. <--- Seriously, sell me on it with reason and substance

(Personally, I don't think Trump buys it himself, he's likely smarter than that; if not, I'm sure there are smart enough people who work for him; which detailed what a futile attempt it would be. It's just a talking point for his campaign, imo.)

Tattoos N Scars
They have tunnels that can bypass walls. I don't believe a wall would work either for the reasons already stated. We'd need a force field that would even extend below ground, but that technology does not exist yet. I'm not sure how to solve the problem, but we do need to beef up security more.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
They have tunnels that can bypass walls. I don't believe a wall would work either for the reasons already stated. We'd need a force field that would even extend below ground, but that technology does not exist yet. I'm not sure how to solve the problem, but we do need to beef up security more.

Exactly. Regardless if you welcome all immigrants with open arms or if you think they should all be sent packing, a poorly thought out idea is just that, poor.

Time-Immemorial
You ignored my on-topic question and made a dismissive snarky comment.

If you think Trump's wall is actually a good idea and feasible, you could sell your points on it. <--- Seriously, sell me on it with reason and substance

(Personally, I don't think Trump buys it himself, he's likely smarter than that; if not, I'm sure there are smart enough people who work for him; which detailed what a futile attempt it would be. It's just a talking point for his campaign, imo.)

My bad.

Jobs for Americans, probably most of them will be Mexicans and minorities since the area, and populace that makes up the construction work force.

Increase national security.

Keeping out not only illegal Mexicans, but Chinese that sneak across and South and Central Americans.

Controlling immigration numbers.

Cut down on illegal arms, drug, human trade.

Robtard
My bad.

Jobs for Americans, probably most of them will be Mexicans and minorities since the area, and populace that makes up the construction work force.

Increase national security.

Keeping out not only illegal Mexicans, but Chinese that sneak across and South and Central Americans.

Controlling immigration numbers.

Cut down on illegal arms, drug, human trade.

That's all good if it could feasibly work. The problems:

-Paying for the build (Mexico won't do it, so it will be us, the US taxpayer)

-Paying for the upkeep, which would be tremendous. A fence/wall doesn't work if parts of it are broken

-Paying for the staffing which would be tremendous, as it would require enough people to patrol thousand+ miles. Since the immigrants will quickly realize which sections are not patrolled and exploit said weaknesses (like they currently do)

-As T&S mentioned, tunnels negate the wall, so we have to constantly be on the lookout for said tunnels and pay construction crews to demolish them, along with security personal to protect said crews as gun-runners would not take kindly to one of their tunnels being TNT'd; that's more tax dollars towards the wall's upkeep

So I ask and I do so politely, how does this seem like a good idea, considering the above? It has nothing to do with loving/hating immigrants. It's simply a logistics thing.

Time-Immemorial
The U.S. Has enough money for whatever it needs.

The useless war has cost us 4-8 trillion. No one really knows. And supposedly the liberals here say the economy is doing amazing.thumb up

If we can afford that, we can afford a wall.

I don't buy the "We can't afford it."

It seems liberals scream that only when it's something they don't agree with it.

Moving on.

You build it 100 ft tall, and 100 ft deep or deeper, who cares how deep, just deep enough to stop tunneling.

Once the wall is up it will require less border patrol people getting hurt and killed in the field.

So if it only saves one life, sounds good to me.

Tax dollars spent on infrastructure, jobs and security is never a waste of money.

Robtard
The U.S. Has enough money for whatever it needs.

The useless war has cost us 4-8 trillion. No one really knows. And supposedly the liberals here say the economy is doing amazing.thumb up

If we can afford that, we can afford a wall.

I don't buy the "We can't afford it."

It seems liberals scream that only when it's something they don't agree with it.

Moving on.

You build it 100 ft tall, and 100 ft deep or deeper, who cares how deep, just deep enough to stop tunneling.

Once the wall is up it will require less border patrol people getting hurt and killed in the field.

So if it only saves one life, sounds good to me.

Tax dollars spent on infrastructure, jobs and security is never a waste of money.

Ignoring the cost (which is silly, imo). There's still the issue that people would get through:

-The longest smuggling tunnel from Mexico to the US was over 2,000 feet

-100 foot height will not stop people if the wall isn't patrolled. They'll use ropes, makeshift ladders, crave foot/hand holds etc.

-The longer the wall; the more border patrol it will require if you actually want it to work, so it'd have the opposite affect, more people potentially hurt

It's just not feasible.

Time-Immemorial
2000ft long, not deepthumb up

This is America, anything is possible.

I don't like your lazy attitude.

So it's going to require more people to patrol the same amount of arealaughing out loud

That's not only illogical but stupid.

Rob, you never been in the military or any police force, how on earth can you make such crazy claims?

Trump asn't even said how tall it will be but I'm guessing 100-200ft, and no one is making it over with makeshift ladderslaughing out loud

Climbing 20ft on a ladder is scratchy enough, much less 100..

Do you even do house work?

Robtard
2000ft long, not deepthumb up

This is America, anything is possible.

I don't like your lazy attitude.

So it's going to require more people to patrol the same amount of arealaughing out loud

That's not only illogical but stupid.

Rob, you never been in the military or any police force, how on earth can you make such crazy claims?

Try,p hasn't even said how tall it will be but I'm guessing 100-200ft, and no one is making it over with makeshift ladderslaughing out loud

Buddy, a 2,000ft long tunnel would go under a 100ft deep wall

If you want the wall to actually work, it will require massive patrolling

Cos I can read

Why not make it over 700ft tall, made of ice and have convicted criminals guard it, while we're at it?

Not trying to piss in your cereal, but Trump's wall is just not realistic

Time-Immemorial
I edited, quit smashing refresh.

We built a nuclear bomb and we went to the moon.

We can and we will build a wall.

Time-Immemorial
Buddy, a 2,000ft long tunnel would go under a 100ft deep wall

If you want the wall to actually work, it will require massive patrolling

Cos I can read

Why not make it over 700ft tall, made of ice and have convicted criminals guard it, while we're at it?

Not trying to piss in your cereal, but Trump's wall is just not realistic

Have you ever even climbed a ladder?

Robtard
It's not about being able to build the Great Mexican Wall, it's the wall doing what it's supposed to do after it's built.

Time-Immemorial
Have you climbed a ladder, I'm asking...

Robtard
Yes

Time-Immemorial
Then you know even climbing 8-10ft on one is sketchy and dangerous as hell.

Robtard
Coming over the border how many of these people do is dangerous as hell, dehydration, exhaustion,sun exposure, brigands etc. Many die or are killed along the way, yet they still do it. But if you're going to fixate on "ladders" while ignoring everything else, I see no point.

Time-Immemorial
The wall would only cost a few billion, but would save trillions over the long run. Sounds like a win.

And it would save American lives and save immigrants lives.

Trump not only wants to build the wall but make the legalization easierthumb up

Robtard
It cost 2.4billion to build 670miles...

It wouldn't save "trillions"(do you have actual numbers/support for this?), it would cost a lot to upkeep though, that's for sure.

Star428
The wall would only cost a few billion, but would save trillions over the long run. Sounds like a win.

And it would save American lives and save immigrants lives.

Trump not only wants to build the wall but make the legalization easierthumb up

Also, people who claim that Mexico will never build it don't have a clue as to just how business savvy Trump is. They just don't get it. Course most of them are liberals so it's really not a surprise.

Time-Immemorial
2.4 billion is that all? We spend that in a day on bullshit here.

And all that money will give people jobs.

And you don't want it, so the real question is what is the matter with you?

Star428

Agreed. We spend 4 billion a day on "climate change" horseshit. And that crap is just a scam. The wall would actually be extremely helpful and again, Trump WILL get Mexico to pay for it.

Time-Immemorial
Does anyone know the amount of environmental damage illegals cause? Or do they hide that.

Robtard

That was for some of the easiest/ideal sections to build on.

Repeat: Because it's not feasible. Building a wall that won't do what it's supposed to do once it's built and then cost an exuberant amount of money to maintain isn't worth the temporary increase of jobs that come with building it.

So the question really is: Why throw money at something that is doomed to fail from the start?

Robtard
Does anyone know the amount of environmental damage illegals cause? Or do they hide that.

7?

Time-Immemorial
Trash, trash and more trash. You think illegals care about the environment?

Time-Immemorial
That was for some of the easiest/ideal sections to build on.

Repeat: Because it's not feasible. Building a wall that won't do what it's supposed to do once it's built and then cost an exuberant amount of money to maintain isn't worth the temporary increase of jobs that come with building it.

So the question really is: Why throw money at something that is doomed to fail from the start?

How is it doomed to fail? This isn't like making a nuclear deal with a country that hates us.

It's made of steel and contrete. Those don't betray you.

Robtard
Trash, trash and more trash. You think illegals care about the environment? This guy's huge on recycling:

http://inthesetimes.com/images/dnbacivotecount04_copy.jpg

Time-Immemorial
So that pic of whatever it is, is a counter?

Nahthumb up

Robtard
How is it doomed to fail? This isn't like making a nuclear deal with a country that hates us.

It's made of steel and contrete. Those don't betray you.

Already covered several times. Oh, you got Obama there.

Tell that to this guy:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/11/1407770077888_wps_1_A_trapped_worker_calls_fo.jpg

Time-Immemorial
Oh yea, so the wall is going to fall over?

How many earthquakes happen on the southern border and where is mass amounts of people living around it?

Stop with your stupid images and games.

Time-Immemorial
It could potentially be done but what is the cost.

The logistics on building the wall are ridiculous.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/09/this-is-what-trumps-border-wall-could-cost-us.html

It is going to cost a lot of money. Like a stupid ton of money. It will need to be constantly manned and patrolled. Which is going to take a lot of manpower and technology.

Oh and assuming we can do all of that there is no guarantee the thing will actually work. It's not like this is going to be a force barrier that is impregnable. Sadly walls and obstacles are made to be overcome and they often are.

And what does it gain us. More secure borders? A wall isn't really going to keep out a modern military. Most weapons will be able to decimate them pretty easily especially if the wall is just sitting there.

Stop illegal immigration. Only if the wall actually works.

Stop illegal drug trafficking and the sex trade. Maybe but there are other means of entering the country with these things like planes and boats. Plus there are probably more cost effective ways to handle those problems. And the success of the wall once again hinges on it's ability to keep people out which will be an unknown factor.

2.4-10 billion sounds like a drop in the bucket to what we waste on everything else.

Doesn't everything else the government spends money cost money to operate and maintain.

Your argue want is kind of like this..

"National security is a waste of money, but let's go waste 100X more on pork and bs."

Nothing will stop those without a wall.

Star428
Especially when Trump is going to get Mexico to pay for it (in regards to your first sentence).

Time-Immemorial
Especially when Trump is going to get Mexico to pay for it.

He just did a hour long interview with Wolf Blitzer, it was probably his best interview yet, he explained exactly how to get them to pay for it.

Basically they are making a killing off us in trade and he will tax them. Either they pay the tax or they don't do business with the U.S.

It's that simple.

Flyattractor

So lets use this logic. Do you lock your front door Rob? If so. WHY?

Robtard
Yes. False Sense of Security. If someone wants to break into a house, they easily can. But it cost nothing to lock my door.

/boom

Time-Immemorial
Yes. False Sense of Security. If someone wants to break into a house, they easily can.

/boom

Oh so we should all leave our doors unlocked? I guess the White House has a false sense of security too, as does 7 billion other people.

Let's all just allow to be broken into, and taken over by criminals and illegals cause we all living in liberal la la land.

jaden101
Will the wall work both ways? Will it stop the flow of illegal American guns flooding into Mexico and fuelling the violence of the drug Wars? If you want to stop drugs coming in to the US you'd be far better stopping the demand than the supply.

Time-Immemorial
Hell ya it will work both ways. In some areas you can just walk or swim across.

Robtard
Oh so we should all leave our doors unlocked?

No... But in the end it's pointless. An average adult can easily kick-in your average doorlock.

Unless you lock your door to keep children out? That's all they can really stop.

Time-Immemorial
No... But it the end it's pointless. An average adult can easily kick-in your average doorlock.

Your using a shitty argument.

Robtard

So we'll be building the wall in water in some parts. There goes even more costs.

Time-Immemorial
So we'll be building the wall in water in some parts. There goes even more costs.

That's not what I said Rob. You are now being petty.

Robtard
Your using a shitty argument.

Fly is the one that brought in the shitty "lock your door" argument into the thread, not me. Take your complaints to him.

Time-Immemorial
You said we shouldn't lock our doors cause someone can just kick them down.

That's actually not true. Try and come kick my door down, it will kick you down.

jaden101

Yet if it's US controlled and federal agencies are involved like they were in Operation Fast & Furious then something tells me that it won't matter and guns will still walk through if US authorities want them to. It's not like certain US agencies don't have history of working with drug cartels is it?

Surtur
If the wall could actually make a serious difference I'd be all for it. Whether it can or not I couldn't say, but if it could I would say it is worth the cost.

Tattoos N Scars
Here is an older article dealing with the issue. It states that environmental barriers exist that would prevent a complete wall from being built. Big Bend National Park is one such barrier.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardfinger/2013/07/18/the-border-fence-horrible-deal-at-cost-up-to-40000-per-illegal-immigrant-apprehended/

jaden101
Well big infrastructure projects are good in a depressed economy. Probably should've done something 6 or 7 years ago. Preferably something more productive than a giant wall. Like something to tackle drought conditions in california (not dams though as all the most viable areas in the West of the US already have them but a large pipe network from the central and Northern water abundant states. Or maybe a huge liquid fluoride thorium reactor building project that would secure energy requirements and deal with the nuclear waste issue.

Flyattractor
Fly is the one that brought in the shitty "lock your door" argument into the thread, not me. Take your complaints to him.

And I am going to need Rob's address so I can put that "Kicking it in" theory to the test.

Surtur
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Here is an older article dealing with the issue. It states that environmental barriers exist that would prevent a complete wall from being built. Big Bend National Park is one such barrier.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardfinger/2013/07/18/the-border-fence-horrible-deal-at-cost-up-to-40000-per-illegal-immigrant-apprehended/

To me this is good news. It just means the government really needs to get cracking on some force field technology.

Tattoos N Scars
And I am going to need Rob's address so I can put that "Kicking it in" theory to the test.

Then Rob might put Foot to Ass

laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Surtur
To me this is good news. It just means the government really needs to get cracking on some force field technology.

Rob is a Liberal Progressive so all I have to tell him is that I am an illegal alien/refuge. Then I am open to steal all his stuff, and rape his loved ones. He won't be able to do jack after that.

Time-Immemorial
Trump said the wall is peanuts to what they make off trade, they are making a fortune on trade.

So one of two ways they pay.

They pay for it out right, they pay for it on a tariff.

Boomthumb up

Newjak
Trump said the wall is peanuts to what they make off trade, they are making a fortune on trade.

So one of two ways they pay.

They pay for it out right, they pay for it on a tariff.

Boomthumb up Then they start trading with China more extensively and the US pays the price. Economics is a pretty huge entity and the US doesn't have infinite weight to throw around. Trying to be a bully to another country could hurt us in the long run. Is it really worth the risk for a wall that most likely won't keep people out?

Also you're completely misunderstanding what Rob is saying about the door.

He is saying that if someone really wants to get into your house your door lock isn't going to stop them. But locking your door is free unlike this wall which will cost money to build.

Also your mega 100 foot tall 100 foot deep concrete and steel wall would be a lot more expensive than you realize.

Time-Immemorial
It pales in comparison to the waste of money in Iraq and Afghanistan, and what we lose on trade to China and Mexico.

Newjak
Roughly how much do you think it will cost to build a 2 000 mile concrete and steel wall?

This doesn't have to include the cost of wiring the wall for electricity or manning the wall or maintaining the wall or even the cost of labor.

How much do you think in raw materials it will cost to build your super wall?

Time-Immemorial
I don't care what it costs, why do you?

Guess what we can make it solar poweredlaughing out loud

Newjak
I don't care what it costs, why do you? Because I don't want to waste a lot of money on something that isn't going to have any kind of significant return.

This wall is just a gimmick. It isn't going to perform well and it is going to cost a lot of money, manpower, and resources to make and won't even work that well.

Time-Immemorial
Sounds more like the war Obama keeps us in..and all his bs programs is a gimmick.

The wall will work!

Newjak
Sounds more like the war Obama keeps us in..and all his bs programs is a gimmick.

The wall will work! Which war are you talking about? The war on terror which was started before him. Also that is kind of a silly topic to toss at me since I don't really feel like we should be wasting money on that war either. At least not as much as we have.

Just like I don't think we should waste it on this wall.

What makes you think it will work where most other large defensive walls have failed?

Time-Immemorial
Oh well, vote for Hilary if you don't want the wall. I don't care, either way Trump will build that mother****ing walllaughing out loud

Newjak
Oh well, vote for Hilary if you don't want the wall. I don't care, either way Trump will build that mother****ing walllaughing out loud So your response to my question on why you think the wall will work is this?

Time-Immemorial
Which war are you talking about? The war on terror which was started before him. Also that is kind of a silly topic to toss at me since I don't really feel like we should be wasting money on that war either. At least not as much as we have.

Just like I don't think we should waste it on this wall.

What makes you think it will work where most other large defensive walls have failed?

I guess they built castles with walls for lookslaughing out loud

I guess people build walls all over the world cause they don't work.

Sounds like a vast conspiracy.

Newjak

Sounds like a vast conspiracy. Yeah they worked for a time until you know people figured out how to get around/under/through them or destroy them as technology progressed.

Also I think you are not looking at the scale you are talking about. Castles only have to defend relatively small areas compared to a 2 000 mile wall. They were much easier to patrol and man and maintain.

I mean as Rob as already pointed out the Great Wall failed at it's job. The Maginot line in WW2 is another good example of a large wall failing to protect. People still managed to get around the Berlin Wall and it is much smaller than the wall that is being proposed here.

Time-Immemorial
Its called a passive defense. It would take less people to man the border with a wall then without.

Omega Vision

Sounds like a vast conspiracy.
Have you ever heard of the Maginot Line? Or the Great Wall of China? Both of these were famously circumvented by simply going around them. Trump's idea of a wall is the same as someone getting a gun because his dick is small. It's an impractical security blanket idea.

Time-Immemorial
Great Wall of China was a great success and still stands to this day.

Obama wears girls jeanslaughing out loud

Robtard
You said we shouldn't lock our doors cause someone can just kick them down.

That's actually not true. Try and come kick my door down, it will kick you down.

I actually said you should, since I do.

Your average home isn't a "when Obama takes over" safety bunker.

Robtard

Only as a national symbol, it actually failed to do what it was supposed to do, keep out invaders. If you think I'm lying, read up on the Mongols.

Time-Immemorial
Well then your unprepared for the boogie man.

He comes in the night when you aint looking.

Esau Cairn
The cost of building it is one thing. The cost of maintaining it is another.

All its gonna take is for the Mexican Crime Cartels to constantly bomb & damage the walls before the actual maintainence & repair bills outweigh the cost of building it. Then you're gonna have the labourers on either side fearing for their lives every time they try & repair the damage.

Robtard
Be smarter to not draw attention by bombing and just tunnel under it as they've been doing for years.

All in all, this is a moot argument, even in the wtf-scenario that Trump wins, he's not going to build this mega-wall. Sure he'll claim he tried and the government blocked him because they're "stupid losers", but he knows it's just a nice little talking point while running.

Flyattractor
Don't Fight back. Just accept the getting raped.

Rob's answer to everything.

Bend over and smile.

Robtard

Bend over and smile.

Your trolling is sophomoric. Work on it.

quanchi112

Bend over and smile.

rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing out loud

Robtard
Nutswinging 101, class is in smile

quanchi112
Nutswinging 101, class is in smile I just found his post to be funny. That's all.

smile

Time-Immemorial

Bend over and smile.

laughing out loud

Star428

Bend over and smile.

Well, he is from the San Fran area so that's probably not too far from the truth. laughing out loud

Esau Cairn

All in all, this is a moot argument, even in the wtf-scenario that Trump wins, he's not going to build this mega-wall. Sure he'll claim he tried and the government blocked him because they're "stupid losers", but he knows it's just a nice little talking point while running.

Someone should show Trump what happened to that wall in Pacing Rim.

Time-Immemorial
Pacific?

Esau Cairn
Pacific?

Yeah.
Stupid Autocorrect.

snowdragon
Build the great wall of Trump, it'll be beautiful probably the best thing to ever happen and it will be made of gold.

Seriously though, build the wall.

I'll bet liberals don't want the wall built because they saw Machete and Jeff Faheys explanation of why walls dont work.

Newjak
Originally posted by snowdragon
Build the great wall of Trump, it'll be beautiful probably the best thing to ever happen and it will be made of gold.

Seriously though, build the wall.

I'll bet liberals don't want the wall built because they saw Machete and Jeff Faheys explanation of why walls dont work. I'm sure there are conservatives who don't want to see the wall built either.

Generally I would say people that don't want the wall built from my experiences are people that understand history when it comes to large fortified structures and people that don't want to waste so much money on such a thing.

Omega Vision

Not really. It didn't stop the Mongols, did it? And they didn't even have siege machines. It was an architectural wonder, but it wasn't absolute insurance against invasion.

As pointed out before, it's very easy for the cartels to simply tunnel under the wall.

Time-Immemorial
Then we'll make a invisible shield that goes down 2000ft.

How about thatthumb up

Newjak
Then we'll make a invisible shield that goes down 2000ft.

How about thatthumb up And the cost of such a thing would be what?

And this assumes they won't just tunnel through the shield as well. It's not like we can make the thing out of a force field or adamantium .

quanchi112
Well, he is from the San Fran area so that's probably not too far from the truth. laughing out loud laughing out loud

That's harsh.

Adam_PoE
IJGX9UvgvdA

draxx_tOfU
laughing

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

That's harsh.

It amounts to a "lol, u gay!" insult; you think those are harsh? You need thicker skin.

dadudemon
IF Building the Wall meant we could save even one life, shouldn't we just go ahead and do it?

No. That's not correct logic. Put the same money towards medical resources and research and save hundreds or thousands of lives.

If you use your type of arguments for how we should use money, then we should completely dismantle every last bit of military we have and use all of that money to fund medical research and medicine.

Omega Vision
http://www.nationalmemo.com/an-engineer-explains-why-trumps-wall-is-so-implausible/

Time-Immemorial
I'm sure it's easier then the moon landing.

I'm sure people have been telling trump things are impossible his whole life.

Yet he is a billionaire and the lead presidential candidate.

Which most of the people here said he was not making past a few months.

I know a bunch of enigineers and they all are academic, they don't really have an imagination or a dream.

Engineers get paid to make other people's vision a reality.

Also because this one engineer says "it's impossible."

Is that now fact?

Robtard
I'm sure it's easier then the moon landing.

I'm sure people have been telling trump things are impossible his whole life.

Yet he is a billionaire and the lead presidential candidate.

Which most of the people here said he was not making past a few months.

I know a bunch of enigineers and they all are academic, they don't really have an imagination or a dream.

Engineers get paid to make other people's vision a reality.

Also because this one engineer says "it's impossible."

Is that now fact?

You should read the article, the engineer does not say "impossible", he goes on to illustrate how illogical and implausible a task it would be.

Also, Trump has now downscaled his wall down to 1,000 miles. Didn't now that until I read that article and link.

Adam Grimes
It's not impossible, but it's highly impractical and I don't think it will be effective.

Time-Immemorial
You should read the article, the engineer does not say "impossible", he goes on to illustrate how illogical and implausible a task it would be.

Also, Trump has now downscaled his wall down to 1,000 miles. Didn't now that until I read that article and link.

1000 miles sounds more plausible

Robtard
50% more. But it still won't keep people out, not in the long run at least.

Look at it this way: The Berlin Wall was just under 100miles in total; it was heavily guarded by the USSR military and people still got through.

Omega Vision
1000 miles sounds more plausible
1000 miles wouldn't even cover all of Texas though.

snowdragon
Of course a more sensible option would be to just build a huge moat instead of a wall and fill it with angry mutated bass with lasers on their heads.

Build the wall and make it all gold so it can shine into outer space in all its glory.

Omega Vision
With the European migrant crisis we've seen what happens when people want to get somewhere bad enough. The Mediterranean Sea is a more daunting barrier than any manmade wall could ever be, yet migrants continue to cross it by the thousands even though they know they have a good chance of drowning. A wall won't stop people from getting in if they want to get in badly enough.

Trump's wall is a bit like Reagan's Star Wars idea of having lasers in space to shoot down Russian nukes--except that impractical idea actually had the benefit of tricking the Soviets into spending themselves to death, whereas this one will just spend us to death.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision

In the end this is not up to us. Other then your vote. I know who your voting for, and you know who I am, so may the best man or woman win.

Flyattractor

We just tell the Texans they are free to defend their own border.

Prob solved.

Esau Cairn
We just tell the Texans they are free to defend their own border.

Prob solved.

Why do I picture a mob of angry queers riding steers?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Why do I picture a mob of angry queers riding steers?

Reminds me of an Officer and a gentleman.

Stigma

Trump's wall is a bit like Reagan's Star Wars idea of having lasers in space to shoot down Russian nukes--except that impractical idea actually had the benefit of tricking the Soviets into spending themselves to death, whereas this one will just spend us to death.
He says Mexico is going to pay for that wall.

Van Hohenheim
Only children would think building a wall to keep illegals out is a good idea.
1.) Building the wall would cost an astronomic amount of money.
2.) Mexico is not going to pay for it even if they could.
3.) The wall even if built won't work.
4.) Even if the wall works you still lose because you'll lose most of the working class in the USA.
5.) You'll only make an enemy if Donald Trump does come to presidency and demands Mexico to pay for it. You already have enough Mexicans outraged due to the current fense/wall.
6.) Mexico is the US third biggest trade partner that exports and imports at a about equal ratio, unlike China, so that notion that you'll hurt Mexico by cutting trade goes both ways.
7.) Do you want to have neighbors with nice houses or neighbors with bad houses? If the Mexican economy does bad as Trump intents that is a bad thing for the US because more immigrants will want to go to the USA and you'll have a neighbor that is unstable.
8.) If the Mexican economy fails that won't be a drip of water into the ocean, that's a tsunami destroying economies at it destroys itself. When you make big global moves you have to think about the consequences.
9.) If Trump cuts trade with Mexico it won't do anything. NAFTA was proposed by Regan in order to make trade easier between North America. Mexico was a protectionist before NAFTA that means they didn't want to trade with the USA.
So if you cut trade with Mexico they'll do business with other countries and boot all US companies out of Mexico.

If we look at all the facts it only shows how unthought out your idea is.

Esau Cairn
Like The Three Little Pigs...Mexico will first insist in building the wall out of straw...

snowdragon
Originally posted by Van Hohenheim
4.) Even if the wall works you still lose because you'll lose most of the working class in the USA.
5.) You'll only make an enemy if Donald Trump does come to presidency and demands Mexico to pay for it. You already have enough Mexicans outraged due to the current fense/wall.
6.) Mexico is the US third biggest trade partner that exports and imports at a about equal ratio, unlike China, so that notion that you'll hurt Mexico by cutting trade goes both ways.
7.) Do you want to have neighbors with nice houses or neighbors with bad houses? If the Mexican economy does bad as Trump intents that is a bad thing for the US because more immigrants will want to go to the USA and you'll have a neighbor that is unstable.
8.) If the Mexican economy fails that won't be a drip of water into the ocean, that's a tsunami destroying economies at it destroys itself. When you make big global moves you have to think about the consequences.
9.) If Trump cuts trade with Mexico it won't do anything. NAFTA was proposed by Regan in order to make trade easier between North America. Mexico was a protectionist before NAFTA that means they didn't want to trade with the USA.
So if you cut trade with Mexico they'll do business with other countries and boot all US companies out of Mexico.

1. Cost istn't a factor, its our wall Mexico's problem.
2. How do you know that, speculation
3. Yup, more speculation
4. Very False
5. Yeah, so what you mean illegals?

The rest is so similar to the first its just boohoo. Honestly listening to people on both sides is just a joke.

People that want to cry out and say countries will stop trade with us is false. We are huge consumption nation and economies are driven by this.

Bardock42
Originally posted by snowdragon

People that want to cry out and say countries will stop trade with us is false. We are huge consumption nation and economies are driven by this.

This just implies that the current negotiations of trade between Mexico and the US were badly done on the US side (simplifying it to 2 actors, rather than many thousands), and that they can eat up an increase in cost at whatever rate that the wall would cost.

It's just capitalism, if the US wants to increase trade tariffs (which this would basically be) by say 100 million on Mexico, other trade partners become more lucrative and will be traded with instead.

Esau Cairn
I honestly don't understand why Americans think Mexico will pay for this supposed wall.
Where exactly is Mexico going to get that sort of finances from?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Van Hohenheim

1. Nothing compared to the amount of money we waste on Iraq, Afghanistan and immigration.
2. Mexico will pay for it in a tariff. If they don't like it, they don't do business with us.
3. Walls always work, just ask Israel, or the White House.
4. No you won't, they can come in legally and work.
5. Mexicans that are here legally don't want illegals taking their jobs.
6. We won't be hurting Mexico, we will be making a fair deal.
7. A wall means a border and means we have a country by controlling our border.
8. We will not hurt Mexico with a wall, we will help them as well with it.
9. The president has the final authority on trade. Regardless of Nafta.

Stigma
Um... not sure why some Americans don't want to have a safer border with Mexico? Isn't that like the basics of a proper state policy.

If some people do not like the "Great Trump Wall" idea, what are the alternatives?

Time-Immemorial
They propose more rhetoric,, nothing with any actionable consequences.

Stigma
All talk, no action. I see.

When the wall is build, I'm going on vacation to the US to admire it.

Knowing Trump, it will rival the Chinease Great Wall in its glory.

Time-Immemorial
Let's go together, well hike the whole damn thing, and in all of those states you can pretty much open carry besides Cali. Well take our guns and shoot all the infidels.

Stigma
Sounds like a perfect hiking vacation to me thumb up

Bardock42
Originally posted by Stigma
All talk, no action. I see.

When the wall is build, I'm going on vacation to the US to admire it.

Knowing Trump, it will rival the Chinease Great Wall in its glory.

If it came to pass, I think it is more likely that it will rival the Berlin Wall in its infamy.

Stigma
Nah. Trump can build big and beautiful.

Berlin Wall was an abomination, also on the construction level.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
If it came to pass, I think it is more likely that it will rival the Berlin Wall in its infamy.

Horrendously Ignorant statement, Germany was one country divided into two.

The U.S. and Mexico are not the same country.

Omega Vision
I wish people would stop confusing the Berlin Wall, which divided Berlin, with the border defenses that divided the two countries.

Bardock42
I wish people would stop confusing the Berlin Wall, which divided Berlin, with the border defenses that divided the two countries.

I was going to say the border defences actually, but then they aren't as infamous as the Berlin Wall, so I had a tough choice to make.

Omega Vision
Nope, too late. Prepare to be on my ignore list, Bardock.

Bardock42
Nope, too late. Prepare to be on my ignore list, Bardock.

I can't believe I lasted this long.

Star428
Horrendously Ignorant statement, Germany was one country divided into two.

The U.S. and Mexico are not the same country.

Bardock's statement is so ludicrous that I don't see how I can ever possibly take him seriously again. Comparing the infamous Berlin Wall to the wall Trump is going to get Mexico to build for us is lunacy at it's finest. I understand Bardock just hates Trump though and loves to insult everything he does (and all his ideas) because he doesn't want America to ever be as strong as she once was. Perhaps, if Trump had been responsible for getting four Americans killed in a place called Benghazi, had a vagina, and lied with every word that came out of his mouth like someone else we know who's running then he'd be all for Trump as President. thumb up

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
I was going to say the border defences actually, but then they aren't as infamous as the Berlin Wall, so I had a tough choice to make.

So then how can you compare the two? You do realize your own comrades, the Germans built the wall right?

Bardock42
So then how can you compare the two? You do realize your own comrades, the Germans built the wall right?

Yes, and it is universally looked upon as a bad move...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>