Kylo Ren vs TPM Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
To make this fight fair, Kylo is uninjured and Obi-Wan has no help from Qui-Gon. Who wins this battle?

Force
Lightsaber
All Out

Battle field is neutral to both parties . . . plains of Naboo.

Darth Thor
Ren will probably just freeze Kenobi tbh.

FreshestSlice
Holy shit Obi-Wan gets stomped.

Zenwolf
Prob Ob-Wan.

Rebel95
Kylo, unless obi-wan pulls off some lucky move like he did against Maul.

Zenwolf
So a non completed training Dark Jedi is gonna beat a fully trained near Jedi Knight Padawan?...Right, I don't see that.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
So a non completed training Dark Jedi is gonna beat a fully trained near Jedi Knight Padawan?...Right, I don't see that.

But...but, but freeze and stuffz...

Deronn_solo
Call me when Kylo freezes a Force Sensitive worth their weight in salt, pls.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
But...but, but freeze and stuffz...

He froze a non trained Force Sensitive, that's hardly comparable to Padawan Kenobi who by TPM is pretty much a Jedi Knight.

FreshestSlice
And Kylo is pretty much more powerful than and equally trained. You really have no point. It's not like he's been sitting on his ass for 15 years.

Deronn_solo
Obi-Wan beat Maul, one of the most skilled and powerful Sith ever; Kylo lost to a sand-women that literally just picked up a Lightsaber.

Ur opinion is invalid, bro.

Zenwolf
How is Kylo equally trained? His training is incomplete and you really think the amount of training he's had, is comparable to Obi-Wan who had an entire Temple full of knowledge and instructors?

I didn't say Kylo was sitting on his ass for 15 years, just that he's not wrecking TPM Obi-Wan.

Trocity
That's sort of a skewed argument though when you look at how little training Luke had during the OT and he'd trash TPM Kenobi.

Ren is a Skywalker and his force power and potential are miles beyond Obi-Wan.

Q99
We haven't *seen* Kylo fight uninjured, we can only extrapolate, which is rough to judge, but I'd think Obi-wan in a battle.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Trocity
That's sort of a skewed argument though when you look at how little training Luke had during the OT and he'd trash TPM Kenobi.

Right, but what he's shown isn't all that impressive. Aside from freezing blaster shots, we haven't seen him without any injuries in any battles.

Rebel95
Judging from the movies it's pretty clear that Kylo is much stronger in the force. Skill with a lightsaber is hard to tell since he was injured. But his superiority in the force leads me to believe that he could defeat Obi-Wan in a good fight.

Zenwolf
What superior in The Force? All he's done is knock out Rey and freezing blaster shots isn't really viable in this fight. It's also not like Obi-Wan hasn't shown things either that Kylo hasn't, so who's to say who really is superior there?

Darth Thor
Aside from freezing blaster shots,

But.. That's... Pretty damn impressive

EmperorSidious2
Obi wan takes sabers

Ren takes force

Obi wan takes all out

Rebel95
What superior in The Force? All he's done is knock out Rey and freezing blaster shots isn't really viable in this fight. It's also not like Obi-Wan hasn't shown things either that Kylo hasn't, so who's to say who really is superior there?
He also used the force to torture people which is pretty cool. Obi Wan doesn't do **** with the force in TPM so...

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
But.. That's... Pretty damn impressive

It is impressive, but it's not viable in a fight. Plus we can't really say Ren could freeze TPM Obi-Wan, sure he froze Rey who has great potential. But can you really say he'd be able to freeze a near fully trained Jedi Knight who can control the Force better than Rey? Seems unlikely.

ChaosTheory123

The blaster thing really isn't impressive as a display of power

If blasters destroy via kinetic energy, any jackass that can deflect them has physical strikes to match the KE of a blaster bolt. Making the fact he stopped one with TK underwhelming *especially given TK is generally > physical power in this franchise)

If they don't destroy via KE... there's no actual means to gauge the raw power of halting its motion, therefore not quantifiable.

However, blocking lightsaber strikes unarmed through the Force is impressive, especially when he's injured as badly as he was.

^From The Force Awakens Novel

Zenwolf
I keep forgetting that bit really of the novel. I'm pretty sure blasters are kinetic...but not entirely.

quanchi112

Ren is a Skywalker and his force power and potential are miles beyond Obi-Wan. Points to Kenobi beating Darth Vader pre suit who was Anakij Skywalker. Laughs.

Syndicate
Hmmmm. Close fight but I'll go Ren.

Trocity
Originally posted by quanchi112
Points to Kenobi beating Darth Vader pre suit who was Anakij Skywalker. Laughs.

That's ROTS Kenobi. We're talking about TPM Kenobi, the one who bisected Darth Maul.

quanchi112
That's ROTS Kenobi. We're talking about TPM Kenobi, the one who bisected Darth Maul. You said something about the skywalkers which isn't a legit point. They bleed like everyone else. Maul's overconfidence cost him his skill was superior.

Rebel95
You said something about the skywalkers which isn't a legit point. They bleed like everyone else. Maul's overconfidence cost him his skill was superior.
Just like how Anakin's overconfidence cost him against Obi Wan, but his skill was superior.

Kurk
Ren takes all rounds

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Rebel95
Just like how Anakin's overconfidence cost him against Obi Wan, but his skill was superior.
Obi-Wan taught a half insane, exhausted, starved, distraught, and conflicted Vader, and he was still losing. On neutral ground, which this is, he would have lost. Either way, this is about TPM Kenobi, who, aside from a few seconds, was a non-factors. He doesn't have great skill, and the environment won't save him. That's that.

ChaosTheory123
I keep forgetting that bit really of the novel. I'm pretty sure blasters are kinetic...but not entirely.

Either way the blaster feat is a bit feat for reasons I illustrated *shrugs*

Rebel95
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Obi-Wan taught a half insane, exhausted, starved, distraught, and conflicted Vader, and he was still losing. On neutral ground, which this is, he would have lost. Either way, this is about TPM Kenobi, who, aside from a few seconds, was a non-factors. He doesn't have great skill, and the environment won't save him. That's that.
I agree

quanchi112
Just like how Anakin's overconfidence cost him against Obi Wan, but his skill was superior. Yes, it did cost him eventually but Anakin had more than enough time to beat him prior to. He failed, hard.

quanchi112
Obi-Wan taught a half insane, exhausted, starved, distraught, and conflicted Vader, and he was still losing. On neutral ground, which this is, he would have lost. Either way, this is about TPM Kenobi, who, aside from a few seconds, was a non-factors. He doesn't have great skill, and the environment won't save him. That's that. Kylo Ren doesn't have great skill with a lightsaber either to this point. Put Maul up against Finn and Rey at the same time and he'd meek the **** out of them. Finn a sanitation worker tagged Ren's shoulder.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Honestly, rolling with the King of the Rens here.

Trocity
Kylo Ren doesn't have great skill with a lightsaber either to this point. Put Maul up against Finn and Rey at the same time and he'd meek the **** out of them. Finn a sanitation worker tagged Ren's shoulder.

I'm guessing you haven't seen Finn's respect thread. He's actually not just a "sanitation worker."

Zenwolf
I'm not sure why this "he's a sanitation worker" thing is being held over Finn's head, when before that dialogue he showed skill with blasters and melee. So he's sanitation, why does that matter? Troops get trained for combat all the same, Troopers are first and their job is 2nd.

quanchi112
I'm guessing you haven't seen Finn's respect thread. He's actually not just a "sanitation worker." He is that and also has combat training but got beat down by Nines.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
I'm not sure why this "he's a sanitation worker" thing is being held over Finn's head, when before that dialogue he showed skill with blasters and melee. So he's sanitation, why does that matter? Troops get trained for combat all the same, Troopers are first and their job is 2nd. He wasn't exceptional in combat and had a fair fight with Nines. He was clearly beat down. He didn't stand out amongst the Stormtroopers who Han made look pathetic on more than one occasion.

Zenwolf
He wasn't exceptional in combat and had a fair fight with Nines. He was clearly beat down. He didn't stand out amongst the Stormtroopers who Han made look pathetic on more than one occasion.

According to his background however, he did stand out among the Stormtroopers and wouldn't that be more a feat and showing how good Nines is rather than a bad showing for Finn? That and it's noted Finn was using a weapon(the lightsaber) he wasn't familiar with, unlike the shock staff.

quanchi112
According to his background however, he did stand out among the Stormtroopers and wouldn't that be more a feat and showing how good Nines is rather than a bad showing for Finn? That and it's noted Finn was using a weapon(the lightsaber) he wasn't familiar with, unlike the shock staff. Yes, he still didn't have ample time to practice with the saber and still hurt Kylo with it. That's bad. Nines is greater than he is.

No, he was not anything exceptional as he was a sanitation worker.

Trocity
"All of you should take your example from FN-2187," Captain Phasma said.
Source: Before the Awakening

"You have great potential, 2187. You are officer corps material. "

After the second multiforce battle simulation, Captain Phasma singled out FN-2187 for praise in front of everyone who had participated. She had him stand and face the debriefing-and there were hundreds of them there that time, all the pilots and stormtroopers and instructors; it felt like everyone. She talked about his skill and his efficiency and his ruthlessness, how all the trainees could learn something from watching FN-2187.

At last she said, "FN-2187, your targeting was exemplary. According to the simulation, you fired your weapon only thirty-six times, scoring kills with thirty-five of those. You deployed one explosive, which resulted in the achieving of the objective and another six enemies killed."

She sighed. She'd had such hope for FN-2187. He had shown such remarkable promise. He had shown the capacity to be special.

quan wrong as usual, lol.

quanchi112

After the second multiforce battle simulation, Captain Phasma singled out FN-2187 for praise in front of everyone who had participated. She had him stand and face the debriefing-and there were hundreds of them there that time, all the pilots and stormtroopers and instructors; it felt like everyone. She talked about his skill and his efficiency and his ruthlessness, how all the trainees could learn something from watching FN-2187.

At last she said, "FN-2187, your targeting was exemplary. According to the simulation, you fired your weapon only thirty-six times, scoring kills with thirty-five of those. You deployed one explosive, which resulted in the achieving of the objective and another six enemies killed."

She sighed. She'd had such hope for FN-2187. He had shown such remarkable promise. He had shown the capacity to be special.

quan wrong as usual, lol. Yes, and in the film we see he wasn't extraordinary. Rey kicked his ass. Nines kicked his ass. He freaked out in battle too with a little bit of blood. Being out in the field is the real deal. Potential doesn't always pan out in the field of fire.

wink

Rebel95
Yes, and in the film we see he wasn't extraordinary. Rey kicked his ass. Nines kicked his ass. He freaked out in battle too with a little bit of blood. Being out in the field is the real deal. Potential doesn't always pan out in the field of fire.

wink
So who do you think wins this fight

quanchi112
So who do you think wins this fight Kenobi.

Emperordmb
I don't see why people are saying there's a contradiction in Finn's past. He could've worked sanitation on Starkiller base before his stormtrooper training was complete.

FreshestSlice
quan putting Kylo above Vader but below TPM Kenobi is the most kektastic thing he's said yet.

Rebel95
Kenobi.
If I remember correctly, you said Kylo would beat Asajj Ventress in a thread I made a while back. Has your view of him changed? Or do you think TPM Kenobi>Asajj Ventress?

Rebel95
quan putting Kylo above Vader but below TPM Kenobi is the most kektastic thing he's said yet. laughing out loud

quanchi112
quan putting Kylo above Vader but below TPM Kenobi is the most kektastic thing he's said yet. Kenobi isn't slow like Vader is. My opinion is consistent. laughing out loud

quanchi112
If I remember correctly, you said Kylo would beat Asajj Ventress in a thread I made a while back. Has your view of him changed? Or do you think TPM Kenobi>Asajj Ventress? Kenobi would best her in APM.

Emperordmb
Quan, your view of SW is Flashpoint/Evannova tier, though not quite Yuzannis Zeilon(A.K.A StarWarsLogic) tier.

quanchi112
Nerds.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's because quan's general spectacle of how star wars works is just completely and utterly differently than how we all look at it. I can see his point of view crystal clear, lmao.

Rebel95
Kenobi would best her in APM.
wacko
unlikely

quanchi112
wacko
unlikely Well this isn't the first time you've been wrong about some thing. Probably engrained in your inferior DNA.

Rebel95
Well this isn't the first time you've been wrong about some thing. Probably engrained in your inferior DNA.
Easy there buddy laughing out loud

Hero of Python

He's not a pure Skywalker though. And Kenobi is one of the most powerful Jedi ever.

RotS Kenobi fought Anakin to a stalemate.

TPM Kenobi should be able to fend off Kylo Ren, whose saber skills and control over the force (besides stasis) looked woefully inadequate compared to TPM Maul.

FreshestSlice
You sound even worse than quan. You two should compete for who can be more toplel.

Darth Thor
It is impressive, but it's not viable in a fight.

Well it's already been used in combat.

Plus we can't really say Ren could freeze TPM Obi-Wan, sure he froze Rey who has great potential. But can you really say he'd be able to freeze a near fully trained Jedi Knight who can control the Force better than Rey? Seems unlikely.

Considering he froze a blaster bolt with such ease, I'd say there's a decent chance he may freeze TPM Kenobi. If not freeze him, then certainly toss him around with ease.

quanchi112
You sound even worse than quan. You two should compete for who can be more toplel. ad hominem attacks while ignoring the argument makes it sound like you concede. Are you conceding ?

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Considering he froze a blaster bolt with such ease, I'd say there's a decent chance he may freeze TPM Kenobi. If not freeze him, then certainly toss him around with ease.

lel. TPM Kenobi force pushed two droids, so he can ragdoll DE Sidious thumb up

Beniboybling
ad hominem attacks while ignoring the argument makes it sound like you concede. Are you conceding ? Sounds like a concession to me, quan. :mmm

FreshestSlice
I concede that I, once again, wasn't debating.

Beniboybling
https://media.giphy.com/media/lHuwwDJTERTCU/giphy.gif

McP
Kylo freezed blaster bolts and some random mugols. We had not see him doing that against - at least - moderate skilled Force user.
TPM Kenobi was already at the strong Jedi knight level, and his Force guard should be enough against Kylo's TK.
And since Kenobi is far, far better duelist, he stomps in sabers, comfortably takes all-out and possibly looses in the Force battle.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Sounds like a concession to me, quan. :mmm He is weak.

Beniboybling
Make him strong quan, make him strong.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Make him strong quan, make him strong. I am trying but it isn't easy.

deathslash
Yes, and in the film we see he wasn't extraordinary. Rey kicked his ass. Nines kicked his ass. He freaked out in battle too with a little bit of blood. Being out in the field is the real deal. Potential doesn't always pan out in the field of fire.

wink don't lie quan. Not only did he not want to fight rey, but she also came out of nowhere and was already swinging at him by the time that he saw her. He was fighting against an old friend that was going all out while using an unfamiliar weapon and having his thoughts preoccupied with helping rey. He just saw one of his only two friends die right in his arms. He demonstrated his skill by blasting missiles out of the sky, killing stormtroopers with a lightsaber, and gunning down stormtroopers left and right.

Rebel95
ad hominem attacks while ignoring the argument
You literally just did this to me you hypocrite laughing out loud

quanchi112
You literally just did this to me you hypocrite laughing out loud When ?

quanchi112
Originally posted by deathslash
don't lie quan. Not only did he not want to fight rey, but she also came out of nowhere and was already swinging at him by the time that he saw her. He was fighting against an old friend that was going all out while using an unfamiliar weapon and having his thoughts preoccupied with helping rey. He just saw one of his only two friends die right in his arms. He demonstrated his skill by blasting missiles out of the sky, killing stormtroopers with a lightsaber, and gunning down stormtroopers left and right. He still could have defended himself but he didn't. He took out noobs and got his ass kicked in fair armed combat. He was weak.

Emperordmb
Weren't you the guy sucking Kylo's dick a few weeks ago?

Is he too fond of Vader for your tastes?

Does it burn you to know he'd beat Khan?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Weren't you the guy sucking Kylo's dick a few weeks ago?

Is he too fond of Vader for your tastes?

Does it burn you to know he'd beat Khan? Nah, I just said he's already eclipsed Vader in evil.

Snoke is my guy from Star Wars.

Khan is on another level than Kylo.

Emperordmb
Kylo freezes Khan in place then stabs him. What's Khan got on that?

quanchi112
Kylo freezes Khan in place then stabs him. What's Khan got on that? You are ignoring the facts here with your silly claims. Has Kylo ever frozen more than one shot at a time ?

Emperordmb
You are ignoring the facts here with your silly claims. Has Kylo ever frozen more than one shot at a time ?
I'm not talking about him freezing shots, I'm talking about him freezing Khan.

quanchi112
I'm not talking about him freezing shots, I'm talking about him freezing Khan. Who has he frozen before they got a shot off ?

Astner

That's complete ****ing horseshit. He had been in one battle and in it he ran around like a headless chicken not accomplishing shit. It's like these new writers didn't even watch the movie they're writing their books around.

FreshestSlice
Why does it seem like half this forum doesn't known shit about context.

Rebel95
Why does it seem like half this forum doesn't known shit about context.

NTJack0
Why does it seem like half this forum doesn't known shit about context. http://i.imgur.com/8FxEa.gif

Bentley
Obi sh_t stomps.

Originally posted by Astner
That's complete ****ing horseshit. He had been in one battle and in it he ran around like a headless chicken not accomplishing shit. It's like these new writers didn't even watch the movie they're writing their books around.

Awful writting should be pointed out thumb up

Trocity
Originally posted by Astner

Mad or not, it's still canon.

|King Joker|
Gotta admit it's pretty ****ing stupid though, Trocity.

FreshestSlice
You accept Ahsoka challenging Vader, so this can't be that great of a leap for you.

|King Joker|
Finn bitches out in his first battle and was like a ****ing janitor but now he was some awesomesauce cadet that had great potential? Rofl.

FreshestSlice
*Ahsoka
*Padawan

|King Joker|
Maybe Vader just sucks ass at fighting idk he did get tagged by ESB Luke and was given pause by a decrepit old man

http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2570579909.png

Astner
Mad or not, it's still canon.
What? Did Phasma judge his potential as a leader from drills and target shooting? He'd not even been out in the field. And what about that traitor-guy? Was he also commander-material or how come he kicked Finn's ass so badly?

I'm sorry, but Finn wasn't impressive.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Maybe Vader just sucks ass at fighting idk he did get tagged by ESB Luke and was given pause by a decrepit old man

http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2570579909.png
Both are better than Ahsoka, kek.

|King Joker|
Both are better than Ahsoka, kek. We'll see, won't we?

>barely beats a decrepit Kenobi
>Gets tagged by ESB Luke
>Gets challenged by his former Padawan that probably hasn't fought in over a decade (bar the Inquisitors)

Vader is an overrated sack of shit figher, Freshest. Deal with it.

excellent

FreshestSlice
You have become Freshest, Joker. I hope you are proud of that fact.

|King Joker|
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

FreshestSlice
You truly are my greatest and brightest pupil. One day you truly will destroy me. Just not today.

ChaosTheory123
Finn bitches out in his first battle and was like a ****ing janitor but now he was some awesomesauce cadet that had great potential? Rofl.

Its amazing, but people are actually this disappointing in real life in general too~

quanchi112
Finn bitches out in his first battle and was like a ****ing janitor but now he was some awesomesauce cadet that had great potential? Rofl. That along with testing and potential doesn't mean he will live up to it. So far he's looked shittty with three t's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.