Bricks vs Fliers face off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright this is a battle to determine which type is best. No bfr

Bricks
WWH
Gog/Wars Doomsday
Amp One Kurse aka Beyonder amping Kurse to Twice Thor's strength
Tutinax
Pitt
The General
Classic Juggernaut

vs

Fliers
Superman(Pre-DCNU)
Wonder Woman(DCNU)
Gladiator
Thor Odinson
Squadron Sinister Hyperion
Sentry
Blue Marvel

Newjak
Team Fliers win due to vastly superior versatility.

DarkSaint85
Fliers push the Earth into the Sun.

golem370
I assume that is bfr so no.

DarkSaint85
They're moving the battlefield with them, so no.

carver9
Team one stomps.

carver9
Originally posted by golem370
I assume that is bfr so no.

With bfr off, this fight goes to the bricks.

spetznaz

Bricks
WWH
Gog/Wars Doomsday
Tutinax
Pitt
The General
Classic Juggernaut

vs

Fliers
Superman(Pre-DCNU)
Wonder Woman(DCNU)
Gladiator
Thor Odinson
Sentry
Blue Marvel

There are two ways to look at this:

1. The comic book way, where the fliers will land, forget they have a wide array of power sets (eg speed and ranged attacks), and proceed to plant their feet on the ground and exchange punches with the likes of Juggernaut.

2. The KMC way, where the fliers realize it would be stupid to do that, and use the wide array of powers they have to absolutely mess up the first team.

Thus, the Fliers win ....every time.

By the way there's a real life consideration that should be looked at. Air superiority, or better yet, air supremacy. In real life war, the opponent who has control of the skies tends to win. Why? Because not only are they able to (1) see first, they can also (2) shoot first. Additionally, they are (3) able to prevent the enemy from effectively interfering, and (4) they can be able to engage and disengage at will (ie control the fight). For example, that fourth one alone is key in any situation where you have someone like Sentry fighting someone like Hulk. In a KMC type fight (meaning Sentry doesn't become dumb and stand like some drunk sot and trade punches like a stupid post from that crazy poster Wolverine 888 from days of yore), this means someone like Sentry, using superspeed and flight, would never be TOUCHED by a non-PIS/CIS Hulk.

Sentry would be able to engage and disengage at will, similar to how a F-22 could engage and disengage at will from an M1A2 Abrams tank. Sure, if the tank managed to hit the Raptor ....even once ...the jet would be finished. But, the moment the F-22 Raptor took to the skies, we all know it would be impossible for the tank to even touch it.

A comic book battle would be the tank and the jet facing off on the ground, which would be stupid.

A KMC battle would be a fully loaded tank vs a fully loaded jet, with the jet flying at 50,000 feet and using its AESA radar to detect the tank from many miles off, and shooting off a small diameter bomb guided by GPS to within a foot of the tank ...from miles away.

This fight is a tank vs jet battle, and as long as the two are not expected to fight on the tarmac, the jets will always win.

Always. In a KMC style full powers, no PIS/CIS battle.

Half of the people on team 1 would not even see what was happening.

carver9
We don't ignore personalities here and we sure as hell don't ignore on panel proof. With that said, Hulk, Doomsday, and Juggernaut goes on a murder spree.

DarkSaint85
Hulk and Juggernaut, those well known murderers ha.

Decter
Team 2 pretty easily

DarkSaint85
BTW, for those weird enough to think that personalities will hold them back.....

Team 2 KNOWS Team 1. Hell, Superman died at the hands of Doomsday. Thor, Tutinax, Sentry/WWH.....why would ANYof them hold back??

Sin I AM
Kinda hard to gauge.. There are too many variables. And i feel that even with cis off the fliers will resort to h2h. But there are holes in the bricks sqaud like tutinex n pitt

golem370
Your saying Tutinax and Pitt are weak links?

Khazra Reborn
Team 2, way too many options.

golem370
Name 4 options? that would work.

DarkSaint85
Lasso
Soul suck
TP
Pushing the planet into the Sun

golem370
TP for what? Lasso can be grab pulling the Lasso owner to them. 1 Rule moving the planet in this thread is bfr.

DarkSaint85
Remember, Sentry mindphucked the entire Marvel Earth, including people likeXavier. As for what...you do realise you have a sentient Doomsday? Juggernaut? TP would work, no? Hell, Batman nearly mind controlled the General on his lonesome.

The lasso compels you to obey WW. So that's an auto win.

So you just add rules everytime team brick lose? Nobody's being removed from the battlefield, how is it BFR??

DarkSaint85

Khazra Reborn
Name 4 options? that would work.

Speed
Energy projection/manip
Flight (obviously)
Diana's lasso

golem370
Lasso might work might not. how does flight give them the win? Speed will help but it not an automatic win for sure

golem370
In order to make tp work on Juggernaut have to get helmet off which is not going to be easy when surrounded by teammates I said no bfr and I consider moving the planet bfr so no I am not adding anything I am defining it. You have to get the Lasso on somebody which might work as long as it doesn't get grabbed and used against WW. Batman is not here.

tkitna
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Speed
Energy projection/manip
Flight (obviously)
Diana's lasso

Sentry's a matter manipulator too. Just saying.

carver9
Versatility isn't taking many of those bricks down.

spetznaz
Lasso might work might not. how does flight give them the win? Speed will help but it not an automatic win for sure

Take speed and flight for example ....whether or not you think it helps them win, at least answer this. On a KMC fight (ie they don't just land and start trading blows), how do you see team 1 laying hands on team 2?

You ask many 'how's.' Answer that one for a change. Based on KMC rules, how do most of the people in team 1 lay hands on most of the people in team 2? How does the tank tag the jet?

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Team one stomps.
Seriously. T1 annihistomps T2. Kurse would slaughter more than half of T2 by himself.

golem370
How many how's did I ask? I think based on the fighters fight style that it will come down to a fight not based on this KMC fighting norms this is a fight based on comic books. Superman died why because he decided to fight Doomsday head on, Sentry stalemated WWH because he went at him head on etc etc. I don't think blasts are going to be enough to win this fight I also don't think Thor or Gladiator or Wonder Woman will try and fight a ranged fight they are warriors combat is life for them. Some of these bricks are not slow.

big juggy man
Classic Juggernaut had a force field so yeah it would be much harder for them to get his helmet off. Juggernaut is a brick but clearly if he can punches or Thor who had decent combat speed then he isn't slow.

carver9
How many how's did I ask? I think based on the fighters fight style that it will come down to a fight not based on this KMC fighting norms this is a fight based on comic books. Superman died why because he decided to fight Doomsday head on, Sentry stalemated WWH because he went at him head on etc etc. I don't think blasts are going to be enough to win this fight I also don't think Thor or Gladiator or Wonder Woman will try and fight a ranged fight they are warriors combat is life for them. Some of these bricks are not slow.

Blasting isn't going to work against Juggernaut or Kurse and if anything, it's going to make Hulk more powerful.

DarkSaint85
In order to make tp work on Juggernaut have to get helmet off which is not going to be easy when surrounded by teammates I said no bfr and I consider moving the planet bfr so no I am not adding anything I am defining it. You have to get the Lasso on somebody which might work as long as it doesn't get grabbed and used against WW. Batman is not here.

Lol, you don't understand.

Getting the helmet off ain't easy? Colossus and the X men can do it...these guys are far faster, and stronger.

What you consider BFR is pointless. They're not removing anyone from the battlefield, so its not BFR. Your definition is neither needed nor credible.

So you admit the lasso would work? You asked for 4 tactics which would work. There you go.

And Batman was used because it showed mind control works on the General. Mageddon also mind controlled the General.

So TP would also work.

As would soul suck.

Here's another: The fliers just destroy the planet. Bricks tumble through space, unable to do shiet, lol.

I mean, you just want the fliers to fight the bricks like bricks. When in fact, as they've all fought the bricks before, and aren't stupid, they WON'T do so.

spetznaz

Two points.

1. Read the KMC rules on battles. For example, the rules specifically address the statement you made above (that it is a fight based on comic books and not KMC, which as an aside I found quite absurd as this IS KMC and we try to take out the PIS/CIS. Anyways, are you sure you were not Wolverine 888 at one point?)
All that aside, this is a direct post of one of the KMC rules, which negates what you were saying about characters like Sentry standing still and trading blows with characters like the Hulk.

"Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels."

2. My second point is even more simple as it is a rehash of the same question I asked you before. Based on KMC rules, how exactly would the tanks tag the jets? All the so called 'fliers' are super fast and able to move in a three-dimensional space, while the so called 'bricks' are not nearly as fast and can only.move in two dimensions. Even if the fliers had no other powers than super speed and flight (and ironically, all of the fliers are ALSO bricks ...they are just bricks that can also fly, have high level ....high level ....superspeed, and a combination of powers that would make an X-men team green with envy ....EACH) ...but even assuming all they have was superspeed and flight, how in KMC would the bricks even tag them?

Unless, of course, you are ignoring KMC rules and thus in your match up gorilla Grodd would have a chance against the Flash.

Oh wait, you did say that you are ignoring KMC rules, and that the fliers will just stand there and trade punches. In which case I wonder why you even titled the thread bricks and FLIERS?

Anyway, in a KMC fight Team 2 wins 10/10. Or, if you prefer, team 1 has a 0/10 chance of winning since per KMC rules (as posted above) the vast majority of team 1 would not even see team 2 move.

But hey, if we're using comic rules, then yes. Team 1 wins. Does that give you the answer you were originally looking for when you created the thread? I'll do one better ...under comics rules team 1 stomps! How's that?

But under KMC rules, the tanks would never see the jets (and what's hilariously ironic is that the jets are as powerful as the tanks ...just with extra abilities). Reminds me of sharknado actually ...just when you thought sharks were bad enough, they're flying through the air inside tornados!

Or to put it another way ....just for you Wolverine 888 ....imagine I create a thread.

HULK VS HULK 2

Thus, two hulks fighting. However, Hulk 2 can fly, can move at high level super speed, can matter manipulate, and has a host of other powers as well. Basically, Hulk 2 is the same as Hulk 1 ....but Hulk 2 ALSO has the powers of a combined X-men team (with those powers amped up).

Then imagine someone saying Hulk 1 wins.

Sin I AM
Your saying Tutinax and Pitt are weak links?

Yea fight me

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol, you don't understand.

Getting the helmet off ain't easy? Colossus and the X men can do it...these guys are far faster, and stronger.

What you consider BFR is pointless. They're not removing anyone from the battlefield, so its not BFR. Your definition is neither needed nor credible.

So you admit the lasso would work? You asked for 4 tactics which would work. There you go.

And Batman was used because it showed mind control works on the General. Mageddon also mind controlled the General.

So TP would also work.

As would soul suck.

Here's another: The fliers just destroy the planet. Bricks tumble through space, unable to do shiet, lol.

I mean, you just want the fliers to fight the bricks like bricks. When in fact, as they've all fought the bricks before, and aren't stupid, they WON'T do so.

They aren't getting the helmet off of Juggernaut. A full powered Juggernaut is not feeling their blows.

DarkSaint85
True. Sonics would drop good old Juggy.

If only there were someone on team Brick who has sung people out of existence before....

Add that to the list, golem.

Blue Area Vet

Bricks
WWH
Gog/Wars Doomsday
Tutinax
Pitt
The General
Classic Juggernaut

vs

Fliers
Superman(Pre-DCNU)
Wonder Woman(DCNU)
Gladiator
Thor Odinson
Sentry
Blue Marvel

Geez, this is one galaxy shattering fight. Not sure what kind of terrain could contain such a fight. Pitt and Tutinex are going to be big problems in this setting.

I don't know, I want to give them the slight edge. Juggs would have to be depowered although Jarnbjorn might work. The edge the flying bricks has in intelligence. Couldn't someone figure out to get away from Tutinex? Find out how Pitt's pain powers work? Toss up.

Khazra Reborn
Thor could also cut off Juggernaut's power source, especially if we're talking force field Juggernaut.

Blue Area Vet
Thor could also cut off Juggernaut's power source, especially if we're talking force field Juggernaut.

Not without Mjolnir. Also, Gladiator better not get matched up on Tutinex!

Khazra Reborn
Pretty sure OP intended Thor to have Mjolnir, otherwise he wouldn't be much of a flier.

Blue Area Vet
Pretty sure OP intended Thor to have Mjolnir, otherwise he wouldn't be much of a flier.

True. Then yeah, Thor can cut off his power source- but he would be unarmed.

DarkSaint85
Maybe Thor has his goats.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Yea fight me
You realize Tutinax has humiliated Thor on at least 2 occasions? He had him dead to rights till Ghaur called him off.

Keep in mind Thor is one the top 3 most powerful members of T2 (along with Superman and Sentry). If Tutinax did that to Thor, imagine what he'd do to the other members of T2.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zopzop
You realize Tutinax has humiliated Thor on at least 2 occasions? He had him dead to rights till Ghaur called him off.

Keep in mind Thor is one the top 3 most powerful members of T2 (along with Superman and Sentry). If Tutinax did that to Thor, imagine what he'd do to the other members of T2.

Shut up zop you're ruining my fun

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by zopzop

Imo, Tutinax only did that to Thor because he was able to stop Thor from fighting with his special ability, and that he has not so good showings before. What is to say others members of T2 can't help him fight it off?

golem370
Throwing his Hammer away to block Juggernaut powers also leave him without his Hammer.

carver9
Yep. And he would get killed doing that.

golem370
In the movies Hulk's transformation is triggered by more then just anger maybe his strength too is that how comic book Hulk is too?

carver9
Comic book Hulk has found a way to control his strength. Seems like he can amp when he wants whereas in the past it wasn't something that was controlled by him. It was more dependent on you pissing him off. Later Hulks could act calm but be strong as ever.

golem370
I always characters like him and Superman strength was limited to the writers anyway.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by carver9
Blasting isn't going to work against Juggernaut or Kurse and if anything, it's going to make Hulk more powerful.

And Pitt

DarkSaint85
Throwing his Hammer away to block Juggernaut powers also leave him without his Hammer.

He'd still have an arm made of uru.

golem370
Kurse would eat him alive lol

DarkSaint85
Without a soul?

Or when Sentry matter manips iron and beats him?

ShadowFyre
Thor chills in the upper stratosphere spamming Team 1 with lightning, tornadoes, earthquakes, and he doesent have to bfr. He can reverse teleport and can completely and utterly change the entire aspect of the battlefield. Seperating, distracting, and channeling opponents where needed. While his teammates literally run trains on team 1. One could get bumrushed into space and 3-4 fliers, every single one a peer could beat the brakes off of them in seconds before the first team could even find their teammates due to Thors weather little lone get there and back them up.

Bricks vs. Bricks with flight, superspeed, ranged attacks, complete control of terrain and battlefield conditions, can teleport objects anywhere in universe to there in seconds, ( iron for kurse,) matter manipulation, telepathy, supersenses, and a lasso that wont lie to you or wtf ever? Im going team 2.

Magnon
The Fliers absolutely stomp this. Team 2 wins 10/10.

carver9
Team 1 wins unless we use the Terminator part 2 versions of team 2.

DarkSaint85
IOW, bricks win if the fliers fight like bricks.

Even though a lot of them have already tried doing that, and failed.

Good logic.

spetznaz
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Bricks vs. Bricks with flight, superspeed, ranged attacks, complete control of terrain and battlefield conditions, can teleport objects anywhere in universe to there in seconds, ( iron for kurse,) matter manipulation, telepathy, supersenses, and a lasso that wont lie to you or wtf ever? Im going team 2.

Great logic, but unfortunately logic doesn't work for everyone here. The likes of Wolverine 888 ...I mean Golem 370 ...cannot comprehend that a battle between bricks and bricks with near infinite powers is a simple call.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by spetznaz
Great logic, but unfortunately logic doesn't work for everyone here. The likes of Wolverine 888 ...I mean Golem 370 ...cannot comprehend that a battle between bricks and bricks with near infinite powers is a simple call.

It really is a simple call. Great post on the air superiorority issue btw. Being completely dominant over the battlefield is a way bigger advantage than being able to slightly punch harder than your opponent.

golem370
Spetznaz you talking about a fight based on perfect conditions for Fliers without taking into consideration the fighters actual way of fight I already mentioned how Superman died fighting Doomsday the way he did face to face DD died too but just because they are fliers doesn't mean that's how they would fight the bricks most of the fliers in this thread has some type of a fighting code, which will be their down fall. Brick take damage and keep coming they are made to keep coming.

zopzop
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
being able to slightly punch harder than your opponent.
If you think anyone on T1 punches only 'slightly' harder than anyone on T2, you should reread some comics with members on T1 in them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.