WBHulk vs. Barry Allen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Don't know if this has been done before, but this battle takes place in a vast desert place where world breaker is allowed to use all of his weapons along with his strength against Barry the Flash Allen ( this is current dcnu Barry ) who can use all of his powers to do the things that his matchless speed allows him to do.

Battle is to the death or by KO.

h1a8
Barry dies when WB thunderclaps or stomps the ground. I'm not sure if Dcnu Barry can speed steal or Impact.

lawest9
Originally posted by h1a8
Barry dies when WB thunderclaps or stomps the ground. I'm not sure if Dcnu Barry can speed steal or Impact. What about Flashes Infinite Mass Punch?

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, Barry wins. Hulk couldn't feasibly land a single hit.

h1a8
Originally posted by lawest9
What about Flashes Infinite Mass Punch? spell correction. I meant that. I don't know if he could do it. Did he imp yet?

SSJGGogeta
Idk about DCNU, but Barry Allen has IMP'ed in a lot of series, IIRC. One to Hulk's melon would splatter gamma juice all over the desert.

naurtoisbeast
Barry dies when WB thunderclaps or stomps the ground. I'm not sure if Dcnu Barry can speed steal or Impact. Originally posted by h1a8
Barry dies when WB thunderclaps or stomps the ground. I'm not sure if Dcnu Barry can speed steal or Impact. i think hulk will win here

Time-Immemorial
You are a beast.

DarkSaint85
spell correction. I meant that. I don't know if he could do it. Did he imp yet?

He has kicked wonder Woman at 'half the speed of light'. It packed the mass of a small moon, apparently.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Idk about DCNU, but Barry Allen has IMP'ed in a lot of series, IIRC. One to Hulk's melon would splatter gamma juice all over the desert.
Oh my god huh rolleyes1
whistle

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He has kicked wonder Woman at 'half the speed of light'. It packed the mass of a small moon, apparently.

I hope you aren't suggesting that WB Hulk wouldn't brush that off.

carver9
Who's the most powerful person Flash has taken down before the reboot? Can someone name at least a Herald he's beaten? What about the imp punch. Most powerful person it has taken down. Wonder Woman has survived punches from a Flash hitting her at Light speed. DC doesn't think so highly of a punch at that magnitude.

DarkSaint85
What's the heaviest punch WBH ever tanked?

ghostman
What's the heaviest punch WBH ever tanked?

a satellite beam manifesting itself as a fist.

Blue Area Vet
Uh-oh, get 'em, Carver.

carver9
Originally posted by ghostman
a satellite beam manifesting itself as a fist.

The satellite absorbed his power. That's not a punch. So can you answer the question please.

Surtur
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
I hope you aren't suggesting that WB Hulk wouldn't brush that off.

A single hit like that sure he could brush off. But then super speed tends to allow you to attack multiple times before your opponent can react, at least when you have speed on the level of Barry.

I also forget if he can phase or not.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
The satellite absorbed his power. That's not a punch. So can you answer the question please.

So Flash has been unable to put DC heralds down despite hitting them with infinite mass, and Hulk has never been hit by anything close thumb up

DC > Marvel on herald durability, it seems.

Surtur
Who's the most powerful person Flash has taken down before the reboot? Can someone name at least a Herald he's beaten? What about the imp punch. Most powerful person it has taken down. Wonder Woman has survived punches from a Flash hitting her at Light speed. DC doesn't think so highly of a punch at that magnitude.

If you want to talk about Flash before the reboot then Wally has taken out White Martians.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/12521/1245663123804.jpg

Notice how he says he could hit him 1,000 times before he reacts, but that one only shot ought to do it? That is the power of the punch.

DarkSaint85
If someone smacks me in the face with a 20kg dumbbell, and it doesn't knock me out...

Either you were lying about its weight,
20kg isn't 20kg
Or I'm just that tough

Only a low baller would try and twist it into a low showing for the weight, lol.

h1a8
Tbh I don't have much faith in this flash. What type of control of the speed force does he have? I believe WBH could brush off enough hits to achieve a thunderclap or stomp to the ground.

The greatest attack WBH tanked was colliding with Betty and tanking a force beyond a billion planet destructions. In other words, Barry would need to hit WBH with more than a billion times the force capable of destroying a planet.

But what people don't understand about the IMP is that not only you are getting hit with a phucking planet or worst but you are getting hit with it at near the speed of light.

lawest9
Bump.

lawest9
Watch the video link below. I know this is superman instead, but Barry could do the to Hulk with the IMP.

https://youtu.be/hnNZ6d9yHyY

DarkSaint85
Tbh I don't have much faith in this flash. What type of control of the speed force does he have? I believe WBH could brush off enough hits to achieve a thunderclap or stomp to the ground.

The greatest attack WBH tanked was colliding with Betty and tanking a force beyond a billion planet destructions. In other words, Barry would need to hit WBH with more than a billion times the force capable of destroying a planet.

But what people don't understand about the IMP is that not only you are getting hit with a phucking planet or worst but you are getting hit with it at near the speed of light.

He could still strategise and go through every single tactic, then arrive at the best (think Midnighter's battle PC).

Billion times the force capable of destroying the planet? Well, infinity kinda does that for you....

leonidas
i'm not even 100% sure the radiation hulk gave off wouldn't kill barry if he tried to get close. i know he wouldn't survive it for extended periods of time. doubt he could do enough damage unless we go full on forum flash to be any real problem to a hulk of this level.

DarkSaint85
Forum Flash wins sneer

leonidas
forum flash always wins thumb up

lawest9
Bump..........

Magnon
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm not even 100% sure the radiation hulk gave off wouldn't kill barry if he tried to get close. i know he wouldn't survive it for extended periods of time. doubt he could do enough damage unless we go full on forum flash to be any real problem to a hulk of this level.

The radiation wouldn't be a problem to the Flash, at all. Due to relativistic effects (relativistic Doppler shift etc) whenever Barry, or any object, is moving near lightspeed he gets bombarded by massively-blueshifted high-intensity gamma-radiation anyway. Speed Force protects him, just like it protects him from the massive air friction (and like it protects his hand when he performs the Infinite Mass Punch).

leonidas
Originally posted by Magnon
The radiation wouldn't be a problem to the Flash, at all. Due to relativistic effects (relativistic Doppler shift etc) whenever Barry, or any object, is moving near lightspeed he gets bombarded by massively-blueshifted high-intensity gamma-radiation anyway. Speed Force protects him, just like it protects him from the massive air friction (and like it protects his hand when he performs the Infinite Mass Punch).

lol rl science ftw? that usually works out well. so, any comic book proof to support the idea that barry is immune to radiation...? cuz THAT idea could be extended to an nth degree that would make forum flash even MORE insane. laughing out loud

relentless1
Yo fists can't hit what yo eyes can't see...

DarkSaint85
lol rl science ftw? that usually works out well. so, any comic book proof to support the idea that barry is immune to radiation...? cuz THAT idea could be extended to an nth degree that would make forum flash even MORE insane. laughing out loud

Rapidly......approaching....BW levels....

leonidas
blair wind isn't that bad. sneer

carver9

Lol...real world logic in a comic book. Hilarious.

Magnon

I guess you should first prove that WBH was emitting lethal amounts of radiation, if we start to require proofs.

Magnon

There's very little real world logic or real world science involved with Flash's powers and the Speed Force. He can basically pick and choose whatever part of relativity he wishes to exploit, even if it's a misconception of relativity, and then the Speed Force will magically make it work. Flash fact.

Rao Kal El
Not canon but feasible tactic

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111135808/3485149-ggflashgg.jpg

DarkSaint85
This is DCnU Barry.

A better example is this.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49974/4872726-flashphasingmm.jpg

Time-Immemorial

Ah but you agree Barry wins

lawest9
Barry.

h1a8
Lol...real world logic in a comic book. Hilarious. Without real word logic then we can't debate comics or anything in existence. You can't prove that Thor is stronger than Bane or that Hulk is faster than Juggernaut without real world logic.

carver9
Without real word logic then we can't debate comics or anything in existence. You can't prove that Thor is stronger than Bane or that Hulk is faster than Juggernaut without real world logic.

Real world logic in a comic book.

h1a8
Real world logic in a comic book. Real world logic is basically logic. There is only one kind of logic. Think about it. How else can we prove anything in comics? What type of logic do you think we use?

Anyway, when real world logic can not be applied then we just accept it. But when real world logic can be applied to prove something then we use it.

DarkSaint85
You're hurting carver.

Adam Grimes
Flash hits him with a universe. thumb up

leonidas
I guess you should first prove that WBH was emitting lethal amounts of radiation, if we start to require proofs.

lethal? well, guess that's never explicitly stated, but it looks pretty damn lethal to me:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2973290-5581055555-17713.jpg

sue has them in forcefields to prevent them from....what? having bad hair days?

and again here (there are several other examples that clearly show the amount of pure energy and radiation the hulk gives off when he gets to this level of anger), they can't even look at him, let alone approach him and attack him here--and recall--he's not even AT full world breaker yet:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2973291-1510496477-26850.jpg

as far as barry going intangible and phasing out organs of something--i'd shudder to think of hulk's healing factor at this level and wasn't there a time vision was trapped intangible inside hulk? something about his body being too powerful to get out of? IF that's true, this hulk makes THAT 'powerful' hulk look like a pre-schooler, and i could only imagine what trying to phase inside him would do to barry. could it work? maybe. i'd say it would be very unlikely and far less than that in an actual comic.

DarkSaint85
You can't have carver, he's my special friend.

carver9
His radiation has also melt bullets.

http://i.imgur.com/5zmPWoX.jpg

leonidas
You can't have carver, he's my special friend.

pfft. think that ship sailed brah.

carver9
Leo, me and you will always be on the same boat, bru.

Galan007
lethal? well, guess that's never explicitly stated, but it looks pretty damn lethal to me:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2973290-5581055555-17713.jpg

and again here (there are several other examples that clearly show the amount of pure energy and radiation the hulk gives off when he gets to this level of anger), they can't even look at him, let alone approach him and attack him here--and recall--he's not even AT full world breaker yet:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2973291-1510496477-26850.jpg

as far as barry going intangible and phasing out organs of something--i'd shudder to think of hulk's healing factor at this level and wasn't there a time vision was trapped intangible inside hulk? something about his body being too powerful to get out of? IF that's true, this hulk makes THAT 'powerful' hulk look like a pre-schooler, and i could only imagine what trying to phase inside him would do to barry. could it work? maybe. i'd say it would be very unlikely and far less than that in an actual comic. Nice proofs. thumb up

Now explain why the entire city didn't die of radiation poisoning. sly

Magnon

as far as barry going intangible and phasing out organs of something--i'd shudder to think of hulk's healing factor at this level and wasn't there a time vision was trapped intangible inside hulk? something about his body being too powerful to get out of? IF that's true, this hulk makes THAT 'powerful' hulk look like a pre-schooler, and i could only imagine what trying to phase inside him would do to barry. could it work? maybe. i'd say it would be very unlikely and far less than that in an actual comic.

I think you are being dishonest. Where are these Sue's supposed force fields in that scan? I hope you don't refer to the pressure waves coming out of the Hulk. And where's this supposed lethality? The heroes were being pushed back, that's it; no one died. And why bring Vision into this? His phasing is based on a totally different mechanism than that of Flash, and it isn't backed up by the Speed Force. Irrelevant.

leonidas
pressure waves? never saw them as that, always saw them as forcefields. you can even see reed pushing against one.......

even if you have a problem with that, carv's scan shows the effects of his body's radiation on BULLETS no less--and again, that is a SEVERELY lesser hulk.

and vision's phasing isn't intrinsically different at all. he willfully decreases his density by separating the atoms in his body. flash increases the atomic energy in his body, thereby forcing space between his atoms and allowing them to pass through solid material. different starting mechanisms, identical results. both remain 'physical' to an extent, unlike, say, martian manhunter who shunts matter away, or a ghost who has no 'matter'.

@galan: i always wondered the same thing... embarrasment comic book physics? i know i'm forgetting an instance where the radiation coming off him had impacts on someone directly. can't recall for the life of me where though.... i know in the exiles, hulk's free-flowing radiation prevented blink's power working on him, and was killing mimic....

i'd look harder but...i don't care all that much about this topic. laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
I saw them as shockwaves - the circles are curved the wrong way to be forcefields.

As for the radiation, I seem to recall that's why the Gamma Squad were so mad at him.

leonidas
they look like domes to me i guess you guys could be right. regardless, more than enough proof (and like i said, there is a lot more) that hulk emits radiation--at times high level. in worldbreaker? gotta think the rads would be off the charts...

DarkSaint85
I think your lust for carver is off the charts.

SSJGGogeta
^ I'd agree with that.

Anyway, I saw someone say that the Speed Force protects Flash from radiation. Which is true. If it didn't, he wouldn't be able to move at the speeds he does, without the nuclear fission from friction completely evaporating him. Plus, I might be remembering this wrong, but didn't he run into the sun and survive or something like that?

carver9
The city was evacuated, so there was no humans to feel the radiation.

leonidas
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
^ I'd agree with that.

Anyway, I saw someone say that the Speed Force protects Flash from radiation. Which is true. If it didn't, he wouldn't be able to move at the speeds he does, without the nuclear fission from friction completely evaporating him. Plus, I might be remembering this wrong, but didn't he run into the sun and survive or something like that?

ran into the sun? not that i know of....at least not post crisis. if that happened, i'd love to see it. how would he even get there? and i absolutely don't think he's immune to radiation. at all. friction isn't radiation, so i'm not sure where that's coming from. his aura keeps him from being lit on fire as he passes through the air. that's....a far cry from being immune to radiation. iirc he had a run in at some point with the atomic skull or someone like that and he was certainly not immune to whoever's powers they were. dr polaris is certainly affected him and he controls EM radiation. or is barry now only immune to hulk-type radiation for the purposes of this thread? of course he withered away in the classic anti-monitor scene as well, though that may be viewed as being a bit different.

anyway, i've literally no clue where this notion that flash is immune to radiation is coming from. i know flash....pretty well, and i've NEVER seen any indication that he is immune to radiation. i await on panel confirmation of said immunity. if none is forthcoming, the entire idea should be dropped as ridiculous misinformation.

Galan007
^ Aside from the Speed Force shielding him from the 'cons' of moving FTL, Flash's suit is also frictionless. Ergo, no self-evaporation when he runs. thumb up

The city was evacuated, so there was no humans to feel the radiation. Yes, but it takes decadeS(at a minimum) for high-levels of radiation to dissipate to safe levels. Look at Chernobyl, ffs. srsly

The Pict
I think your lust for carver is off the charts.

shocklaugh

carver9
Can someone name the most powerful person Barry has taken out with his fist? At least two peeps.

DarkSaint85
If Barry hits someone with near infinite mass, and it fails to take them out, either:

Barry's lying;
The laws of physics are lying;
The opponents are just that tough.

Barry's not a liar. If he says he's approaching infinite mass and light speed, writers usually don't portray him as a liar.

I'm not that confident to say physics lie.

That leaves the last point. So carver is just lowballing again.

DarkSaint85
If someone smacks me in the face with a 20kg dumbbell, and it doesn't knock me out...

20kg isn't 20kg
Or I'm just that tough

Only a low baller would try and twist it into a low showing for the weight, lol.

Anadrol1
Lol at physics meaning anything in comics

DarkSaint85
It means something when Flash specifically mentions how the faster he goes, the more mass he packs into a punch.

Its less physics, and more a power of his.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Aside from the Speed Force shielding him from the 'cons' of moving FTL, Flash's suit is also frictionless. Ergo, no self-evaporation when he runs. thumb up

Yes, but it takes decadeS(at a minimum) for high-levels of radiation to dissipate to safe levels. Look at Chernobyl, ffs. srsly

Sigh...everyone who walks pass radioactive man should've died by now. It's comics bro.

carver9
Originally posted by Anadrol1
Lol at physics meaning anything in comics

thumb up

A White Martian withstood said punch. There needs to be some hard proof proving that this same white Martian Martian is anywhere close to WBH in durability. Wonder Woman also withstood a couple of those punches. Real world logic for the win.

carver9
The question should be, who's the most powerful being this punch has taken out.

-Pr-
Sigh...everyone who walks pass radioactive man should've died by now. It's comics bro.

Awful example.

DarkSaint85

20kg isn't 20kg
Or I'm just that tough

Btw, White Martian was KOed. Carver said he withstood it?

Also, we don't feat share. What Wally may or may not have done is surely not applicable to Barry?

That leaves WW. I'm sure Carver has showings of how weak/tough WW is, right?

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Awful example.

Perfect example.

-Pr-
Perfect example.

No, it really wasn't.

and lol @ physics not applying in comics. They do, unless stated otherwise.

h1a8
Even if Barry's fist gains 100 tons of mass (which is a far cry from what the IMP is intended) then getting hit with it at near light speeds is devastating. Think about it.

Now imagine getting hit with a planet traveling near light speed.
Now imagine a fist with the planet's mass traveling near light speed.

Decter
Btw, White Martian was KOed. Carver said he withstood it?

Also, we don't feat share. What Wally may or may not have done is surely not applicable to Barry?

That leaves WW. I'm sure Carver has showings of how weak/tough WW is, right?

Infinite mass is infinite mass tho

It doesn't matter who used it as I'm sure both run around the same speed whenever they preform it

h1a8
Originally posted by Decter
Infinite mass is infinite mass tho

It doesn't matter who used it as I'm sure both run around the same speed whenever they preform it To defend the other side I would say that the IMP is not infinite mass but a large mass. To reach infinite mass Flash has to travel exactly at the speed of light. Traveling slightly slower would just yield a large mass (like a planet, star, solar system, etc).

Magnon
The faster Flash is, the stronger he punches. Thus, there is no limit to how hard he can punch smokin'

lawest9
The faster Flash is, the stronger he punches. Thus, there is no limit to how hard he can punch smokin' sounds logical.

h1a8
People don't really see how dangerous flash can be. He can casually touch you with his finger at bullet speed. A finger jab to a non bulletproof character (like Captain America or Storm) at the speed of a bullet then his finger would pass right through them. A fist (which has more mass than a bullet) would do far more damage. But Bullet speed isn't even close to to The speed of light, which is more than 500,000 faster.

So Flash must hold back since he would be punching through beings with ease.

Adam Grimes
Lol, in other thread Carver tried to lowball WW by using a scan of the time she got shot and was bleeding from it.

leonidas
all physical law breaks down once we pass c. no more rl science to fall back on. maybe he hits LESS hard past light speed. sneer

Magnon
all physical law breaks down once we pass c. no more rl science to fall back on. maybe he hits LESS hard past light speed. sneer
No need to go that fast, since he hits INFINITELY hard already at lightspeed smile

But we *can* look at what happens above c, by using special relativity! The formula for relativistic mass (or rather, relativistic energy expressed as mass) is

https://upload.wikimedia.org/math/9/a/3/9a3462ba4f73bb92b700af94c05008ac.png

Now, if the velocity v > c, you'd end up taking a square root of a negative number, which yields an IMAGINARY number. Therefore, Flash would hit so hard it would be UNREAL, at those speeds!

(Ps. As a sidenote, you can see why at c he would punch infinitely hard: since v = c, the denominator tends to zero and the fraction tends to infinity.)

leonidas
lol i get the physics. of course it doesn't translate in the comic world. though superman has also been shown capable of using an IMP. i was more addressing those who were implying that the faster he goes, the harder he hits. that is only factual as long as he stays at or below c. once past it, it's pure comics logic. thumb up

Adam Grimes
No need to go that fast, since he hits INFINITELY hard already at lightspeed smile

But we *can* look at what happens above c, by using special relativity! The formula for relativistic mass (or rather, relativistic energy expressed as mass) is

https://upload.wikimedia.org/math/9/a/3/9a3462ba4f73bb92b700af94c05008ac.png

Now, if the velocity v > c, you'd end up taking a square root of a negative number, which yields an IMAGINARY number. Therefore, Flash would hit so hard it would be UNREAL, at those speeds!

(Ps. As a sidenote, you can see why at c he would punch infinitely hard: since v = c, the denominator tends to zero and the fraction tends to infinity.) The white martian should have imploded into an anomaly if rl physics were to apply here.

carver9
Wonder Woman should've exploded as well. Sad thing is, we go by what's shown in comic rather than what math equations people come up with on a forum. With that said, Grey Hulk would probably tank a hit from Flash punching at his best. Barry hasn't koed anyone worth mentioning within the past 20 yrs with his fist. Good luck trying to find anything proving me wrong. I can name tons of strong bricks that has tanked his punches without flinching.

carver9
Zoom punched Powergirl a couple of million times and she didn't even flinch.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/105634/3640757-trinity+%2331+-+punch+powergirl+millions+of+times.jpg

Forum Flash is a myth.

Decter
Who else took hits from zoom like that?

h1a8
Wonder Woman should've exploded as well. Sad thing is, we go by what's shown in comic rather than what math equations people come up with on a forum. With that said, Grey Hulk would probably tank a hit from Flash punching at his best. Barry hasn't koed anyone worth mentioning within the past 20 yrs with his fist. Good luck trying to find anything proving me wrong. I can name tons of strong bricks that has tanked his punches without flinching.

Your logic suggests that a comic bullet can't compare to a real bullet.
Character's durability, strength, and speed are variable from comic to comic. What remains always constant are known objects and measurements with fixed parameters. A feat against a comic bullet is a feat against a real bullet, a feat against a comic planet is a feat against a real planet, a feat against a character or object moving at a certain speed is a feat against a real object moving that same speed.

If Flash is punching 100 times faster than a bullet on a comic (he can punch far faster) and his fist and forearm is more than 400 times more massive than a bullet then he simply punches with more than 4 million times more kinetic energy than a bullet. So a character withstanding such punches are mere durability feats for them since a given speed and mass are constants in comics.

Also punching fast doesn't imply punching at near light speed. The IMP only works when an object moves very close to light speed.

Finally, if Flash punches someone at near light speed in a comic and that character eats it well then either

1. They have the necessary durability in that scene (not in general though) to withstand such a force

Or

2. The writer is totally ignoring the IMP and totally dismissing it and any physics of it.

If 1. then it's a high showing for the punched character and not a low showing for flash. If 2. then we can dismiss the showing since in a forum fight the IMP will actually work.

carver9
H1, we use on panel showings as evidence. If you want to ignore that then I can do the same. Due to Hulk being as strong as he is, he is easily capable of running FTL speeds. Hulk blitz flash for the win due to having infinite strength with infinite leg muscle. This guy nearly overpowered an Abstract and he wasn't even close to his WBH levels. Speed blitz for the win.

carver9
Originally posted by Decter
Who else took hits from zoom like that?

Diana withstood 3 imps from him and was still at 100%. Defeated him afterwards and she was blind. Yeah, the imp in comic is crap when it comes to Herald durability.

ghostman
H1, we use on panel showings as evidence. If you want to ignore that then I can do the same. Due to Hulk being as strong as he is, he is easily capable of running FTL speeds. Hulk blitz flash for the win due to having infinite strength with infinite leg muscle. This guy nearly overpowered an Abstract and he wasn't even close to his WBH levels. Speed blitz for the win.

http://i.imgur.com/sG8ImfM.png

http://i.imgur.com/M79tV.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ed3u6.png

Smurph
Flash's power is literally to pick and choose which laws of physics he wants to obey/break/subvert.

He can punch with infinite mass, or exactly as much mass as he chooses.

h1a8

TheLordofMurder
In comicbooks, real world physics mean nothing, thus, no real world math is applicable to comicbook physics...

In the comicbook world, "Infinte Mass Punch" is just a fancy way of saying that Flash can punch hard; as pertains Herald tier characters and beyond, Flash's IMP is nothing special...

Flash's feats with his "IMP" (or rather the IMP's track record) confirm it being nothing special; especially when compared to the feats of other characters that can punch hard...

Magnon
Zoom's powers work differently from the Flash's. Zoom is not really fast, he's just a particularly specialized time manipulator. Ergo, his "IMP" is not truly an IMP.

People seem to call any of Flash's attacks where most of the energy originates from relativistic effects, an IMP. However, even in the White Martian encounter (link below) it is explained that he was simply accelerating TOWARDS lightspeed; he chose a speed slightly BELOW c, not exactly AT c, to perform the attack. A true IMP would of course instakill any foe; a hero like Flash tries to avoid that. Still, the punch that took out White Martian would kill most Marvel heralds. And he said he could do that a thousand times in a row. *That* would kill pretty much anything in Marvel, excluding perhaps noncorporeals and such.

Flash >> ANY Hulk (Flash fact)

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3203521-7617458201-13624.jpg
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/but-not-simpler/files/2013/07/Screen-Shot-2013-07-07-at-12.00.56-PM.png
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/but-not-simpler/files/2013/07/Screen-Shot-2013-07-07-at-12.00.56-PM.png

leonidas
no doubt--flash (especially wally) is phukcing awesome... thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
In comicbooks, real world physics mean nothing, thus, no real world math is applicable to comicbook physics...

In the comicbook world, "Infinte Mass Punch" is just a fancy way of saying that Flash can punch hard; as pertains Herald tier characters and beyond, Flash's IMP is nothing special...

Flash's feats with his "IMP" (or rather the IMP's track record) confirm it being nothing special; especially when compared to the feats of other characters that can punch hard... actually writers have painstakingly explained the the READ WORLD physics behind the IMP in the actual comic book. So their intentions (which means more than our opinions) are clear.

Flash and Superman doesn't kill. So under the suspension of belief they hold back. When Superman used an IMP to destroy the shadow moon then he didn't hold back. He completely pulverized the moon into 100% dust. This takes more than billions of times the force than just shattering the moon into a thousand equal size pieces.

Adam Grimes
Diana withstood 3 imps from him and was still at 100%. Defeated him afterwards and she was blind. Yeah, the imp in comic is crap when it comes to Herald durability. Prove they were IMPs.

carver9
@H1...

If I want to make up Hulk being capable of doing something, I can. I can ignore on panel evidence, it's not needed in flash threads. Hulk wins via speed blitz.

carver9
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Prove they were IMPs.

Zoom was punching her at Light Speed. Flash said his imp were light speed punches. In DC, that means nothing

DarkSaint85
So its a low showing for the IMP, rather than a high showing for them, eh?

Despite the painstaking effort writers take to lovingly detail the IMP, oh no, its not that.

SquallX
Flash doesn't need IMP to win this. He casually vibrates his hand through the Hulk's head ad pulls out his brain.

h1a8
Zoom was punching her at Light Speed. Flash said his imp were light speed punches. In DC, that means nothing we are not ignoring on panel evidence. Just saying that it's a high showing for the punched and not a low showing for the puncher. Otherwise, we can claim that comic bullets <<<<<real bullets. And zoom didn't hit her at light speed but very close to light speed. The speed was rounded (a bit of hyperbole).

carver9
we are not ignoring on panel evidence. Just saying that it's a high showing for the punched and not a low showing for the puncher. Otherwise, we can claim that comic bullets <<<<<real bullets. And zoom didn't hit her at light speed but very close to light speed. The speed was rounded (a bit of hyperbole).

H1, be quiet.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103729/3210683-2147182287-10421.jpg

She was punched at the speed of light and with stood more than one without damage. She complimented him by saying the punch was harder than Superman but unless we think Diana can tank a butt load of Superman punches then that makes the statement irrelevant and provide evidence that yet again proves the weakest of Hulk could withstand an imp.

It's not up to me to prove the imp would hurt World Breaker...the proof is on you.

carver9
Originally posted by SquallX
Flash doesn't need IMP to win this. He casually vibrates his hand through the Hulk's head ad pulls out his brain.

Scans of Flash doing this. CANON scans.

SquallX

Are you brain dead or something?

You do know the Flash family has the ability to vibrate any part of there bodies right?

You do know Barry has vibrated his fist into the Martian Manhunter's chest before right?

You do know Wally has vibrated his hand into Amazo's head and removed his brain right?

The only reason Flash doesn't do it, is because his not a killer.

DarkSaint85
Wait....

In carvers scan, WW says Zoom is NOT faster than her.

IOW, he wasn't truly punching at light speed.

Unless carver is saying WWis ftl?

Carry on, carver, dig away.

DarkSaint85

Already posted. Was DCnU, too.

carver9
Are you brain dead or something?

You do know the Flash family has the ability to vibrate any part of there bodies right?

You do know Barry has vibrated his fist into the Martian Manhunter's chest before right?

You do know Wally has vibrated his hand into Amazo's head and removed his brain right?

The only reason Flash doesn't do it, is because his not a killer.

Did he snatch any organs out of Manhunter? Made his hand tangible inside someone as durable as MM and snatched an organ out?

I asked you for Canon material. The Amazo showing isn't canon.

Magnon
Thank you, Carver, for proving that Zoom is NOT a speedster like Flash. Since he is actually much slower than Flash (and Diana, even) he cannot really IMP the way Flash can.

Now, I'm not saying that Zoom couldn't beat WBH, he can, but he'd have to use different techniques than Flash. Flash can simply IMP Hulk's head off of his shoulders, to the next galaxy. smile

h1a8
H1, be quiet.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103729/3210683-2147182287-10421.jpg

She was punched at the speed of light and with stood more than one without damage. She complimented him by saying the punch was harder than Superman but unless we think Diana can tank a butt load of Superman punches then that makes the statement irrelevant and provide evidence that yet again proves the weakest of Hulk could withstand an imp.

It's not up to me to prove the imp would hurt World Breaker...the proof is on you. He didn't hit her at light speed. It was a speed very close to light speed. It's called approximation or hyperbole. Anyway, the IMP wasn't used there anyway. The writer had zoom punch hard because of the speed, not because zoom gained any mass . In other words, zoom hit WW without gaining any mass. It was the sheer velocity that caused the force. If you disagree, then at least we know Zoom didn't hit her at exactly light speed.

Silent Master
Isn't it funny how things that hurt your argument are PIS, hyperbole or approximations. yet if it helps your argument it's 100% fact.

DarkSaint85
Barry isn't a guy given to hyperbole, like, say, Johnny Storm.

He's also a forensic scientist, with a more than passing familiarity to physics concepts.

That's what's always been shown.

If a character tanks his punches, either that person is tough, or Barry was lying/boasting. Or its PIS that they tanked it.

carver9
He didn't hit her at light speed. It was a speed very close to light speed. It's called approximation or hyperbole. Anyway, the IMP wasn't used there anyway. The writer had zoom punch hard because of the speed, not because zoom gained any mass . In other words, zoom hit WW without gaining any mass. It was the sheer velocity that caused the force. If you disagree, then at least we know Zoom didn't hit her at exactly light speed.

H1, stop trolling. It's right there in the scan. She was hit at the speed of light. Do not show that you're an obvious troll. So again, Flash imp is his punch being thrown around light speed. Diana withstood numerous of those punches without damage. Do not ignore evidence because your brain is too dense to accept it.

Adam Grimes
Wait....

In carvers scan, WW says Zoom is NOT faster than her.

IOW, he wasn't truly punching at light speed.

Unless carver is saying WWis ftl?

Carry on, carver, dig away. I was going to say this but DS summed it up well, Carvster. thumb up

Still, no IMP mentioned.

SquallX
Did he snatch any organs out of Manhunter? Made his hand tangible inside someone as durable as MM and snatched an organ out?

I asked you for Canon material. The Amazo showing isn't canon.

The more i debate with you the more brain cells i lose.

Did you read the part of Flash not being a killer? Barry wasn't trying to kill MH.

What the hell are you on about? Of course the Amazo and Wally fight was canon. It happened in the JL comics.

-Pr-
Why is Zoom being used in this thread?

carver9
I was going to say this but DS summed it up well, Carvster. thumb up

Still, no IMP mentioned.

The scan tells us she was hit at Light speed. Can't get any clearer than this.

That's why he is able to do things like this with a snap of his finger.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/4602680-7878082608-45979.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/4602681-9215964542-45979.jpg

Dark is bored and the rest of you are trying too hard.

carver9
The more i debate with you the more brain cells i lose.

Did you read the part of Flash not being a killer? Barry wasn't trying to kill MH.

What the hell are you on about? Of course the Amazo and Wally fight was canon. It happened in the JL comics.

Feel the same about you bro.

So you have no proof. Have you seen what happens when super humans try to phase inside of Hulk?

The Amazo and Flash showing isn't canon.

DarkSaint85
Why is Zoom being used in this thread?

Pre Flashpoint, no less.

DarkSaint85
Wait....i see carver's game.

He's going to argue in his BZ, that Zoom punches at light speed. And that he's NOT faster than WW.

Therefore, WW is FTL.

Sneaky sneaky carver.

-Pr-
The scan tells us she was hit at Light speed. Can't get any clearer than this.

That's why he is able to do things like this with a snap of his finger.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/4602680-7878082608-45979.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/4602681-9215964542-45979.jpg

Dark is bored and the rest of you are trying too hard.

Nice scans... Or at least they would be if they were at all relevant.

Pre Flashpoint, no less.

Aye. Makes no sense.

Badabing
Carver is 100% correct. I declare Carver and Hulk the winners here.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Hulk%20smile_zpssm0p9xes.jpg

Adam Grimes
Why is Zoom being used in this thread? Because Carv wants to argue that every punch Zoom landed on WW was an IMP due to Diana's statement, therefore IMPs are no big deal and 'fixit would tank them'. Lol.

It doesn't matter Zoom's powers don't have anything to do with actual speed.

Usual Carvster.

carver9
Because Carv wants to argue that every punch Zoom landed on WW was an IMP due to Diana's statement, therefore IMPs are no big deal and 'fixit would tank them'. Lol.

It doesn't matter Zoom's powers don't have anything to do with actual speed.

Usual Carvster.

Was she hit at Light speed? Yes or no?

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Carver is 100% correct. I declare Carver and Hulk the winners here.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Hulk%20smile_zpssm0p9xes.jpg

This is why this guy will forever be KMC.

carver9
Nice scans... Or at least they would be if they were at all relevant.

Aye. Makes no sense.

Its relevant though. An imp hasn't taken down anyone worth noting, especially someone on Wold Breaker level. I'm not going to argue Hulk is Multiversal unless I have documented proof and the imp doesn't have that which means the group that is arguing for it is living in a fairy tale.

DarkSaint85
Wait....i see carver's game.

He's going to argue in his BZ, that Zoom punches at light speed. And that he's NOT faster than WW.

Therefore, WW is FTL.

Sneaky sneaky carver.

WW clarifies he's NOT moving faster, but merely time travelling.

carver9
Pr-
I'm bringing up Zoom vs WW because people are trying to use real world physics to suggest that Hulk couldn't deal with an IMP. All I'm trying to do is show that despite what real world physics suggest, a lightspeed punch from someone in the Flash family CAN be withstood and isn't the end all be all of offense that some seem to be implying.

DS-
WW is just explaining how Zoom's powers work. He IS effectively faster than her, but doesn't have actual super speed.

Adam-
I'm pretty sure IMP is a forum term. Has it EVER been referred to as such in a comic?

DarkSaint85
Pr-
I'm bringing up Zoom vs WW because people are trying to use real world physics to suggest that Hulk couldn't deal with an IMP. All I'm trying to do is show that despite what real world physics suggest, a lightspeed punch from someone in the Flash family CAN be withstood and isn't the end all be all of offense that some seem to be implying.

DS-
WW is just explaining how Zoom's powers work. He IS effectively faster than her, but doesn't have actual super speed.

Adam-
I'm pretty sure IMP is a forum term. Has it EVER been referred to as such in a comic?

Can be withstood by WW (pre Flashpoint, from Zoom - known for holding back).

What is the most mass WBH has been hit by? Then we can move from there.

-Pr-
Its relevant though. An imp hasn't taken down anyone worth noting, especially someone on Wold Breaker level. I'm not going to argue Hulk is Multiversal unless I have documented proof and the imp doesn't have that which means the group that is arguing for it is living in a fairy tale.

Nothing in those scans is at all connected to IMPs, though. So why post them?

Pr-

DS-

Adam-

Zoom doesn't have the same kinds of powers as the Flash.

Adam Grimes
Was she hit at Light speed? Yes or no? Does something that travels through time actually move at lightspeed?

Or does it merely create the illusion of doing so?

carver9
Nothing in those scans is at all connected to IMPs, though. So why post them?

Zoom doesn't have the same kinds of powers as the Flash.

They are connected by the logic used in this thread. A lightspeed punch from Zoom using real world logic would qualify as an IMP. IMP is just a name cooked up on the forum for a lightspeed punch after all. It's not outright stated in the scan, but is a perfectly valid interpretation given that he's seems to be hitting harder than Supes.

-Pr-
They are connected by the logic used in this thread. A lightspeed punch from Zoom using real world logic would qualify as an IMP. IMP is just a name cooked up on the forum for a lightspeed punch after all. It's not outright stated in the scan, but is a perfectly valid interpretation given that he's seems to be hitting harder than Supes.

It was coined from the comic where it's stated. Nobody just "made it up".

Even if you wanted to argue that, the scans you posted still don't help your case, as they're sonic booms.

carver9
Does something that travels through time actually move at lightspeed?

Or does it merely create the illusion of doing so?

Illusions? Jesus Christ. So you're saying everything about Zoom is an illusion and he is incapable of hitting someone at the speed of light? His run about with Flash , was that fake as well? What about his finger snap that was causing havoc in the city due to him snapping his finger at Super speed? Was the window cracking and the sonic booms created an illusion as well or are you trying too hard?

carver9
Let's throw some real world logic in here. The White Martian was hit with this supposedly powerful imp.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119260/4241558-5512892637-12456.jpg

And imp is a devastating blow with undescribed power packed behind it. If hit with this punch, if durable enough to live through said hit, it should send you flying at an unknown distance. Not doing any calculations here but this guy didn't even leave earth orbit.

-Pr-
Let's throw some real world logic in here. The White Martian was hit with this supposedly powerful imp.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119260/4241558-5512892637-12456.jpg

And imp is a devastating blow with undescribed power packed behind it. If hit with this punch, if durable enough to live through said hit, it should send you flying at an unknown distance. Not doing any calculations here but this guy didn't even leave earth orbit.

It's sad how bad the science is in that scan.

Adam Grimes
Illusions? Jesus Christ. So you're saying everything about Zoom is an illusion and he is incapable of hitting someone at the speed of light? His run about with Flash , was that fake as well? What about his finger snap that was causing havoc in the city due to him snapping his finger at Super speed? Was the window cracking and the sonic booms created an illusion as well or are you trying too hard? I think you (purposefully?) misunderstood my point. He's not actually moving at the speed of light, but bending time for similar results.

Does his mass increase in the same way Flash's does? You've got proof?

Btw, Flash speed steals/vibrates through Hulk ftw. No IMP needed. thumb up

carver9
It was coined from the comic where it's stated. Nobody just "made it up".

Even if you wanted to argue that, the scans you posted still don't help your case, as they're sonic booms.

I honestly don't think it was pr. I'm pretty sure IMP is a term that was invented on the forum. The phrase isn't used to describe the punch either of the times Wally threw one...

http://m.imgur.com/qXTXffP
http://m.imgur.com/7gPrMzC

http://i.imgur.com/k9ifrJ7.jpg

"Infinite mass" was never used to describe it either. Galan007 even confirmed as much a while back...

Frankly, 'reaching' or 'obtaining' infinite mass would defeat the concept of infinity all together, as it would suggest that infinity has an end(it doesn't.) With that in mind: it has never been stated that Flash 'attains' infinite mass when he IMPs--just that his mass increases toward infinity as he approaches c:
http://imgur.com/ibPpELz

I've always said that 'Infinite Mass Punch' is a very misleading title. It should really be dubbed 'Increasing Mass Punch'. /shrug

Unable to quote the guy post because KMC sucks doo doo juice. You can confirm of Galan said this through him if you don't believe me.

carver9
I think you (purposefully?) misunderstood my point. He's not actually moving at the speed of light, but bending time for similar results.

Btw, Flash speed steals/vibrates through Hulk ftw. No IMP needed. thumb up

Sigh...she was hit with a punch coming at her at light speed. It can not get any simpler than this. Just stop bro. How can someone throw a slow punch at Light speed. A punch is a punch and if two people hit one target at Light speed, the results should be the same.

carver9
It's sad how bad the science is in that scan.

Not sad at all when the forum is using real world logic know a freaking comic.

Galan007
I think you (purposefully?) misunderstood my point. He's not actually moving at the speed of light, but bending time for similar results.

Btw, Flash speed steals/vibrates through Hulk ftw. No IMP needed. thumb up Well each punch from Zoom knocked Dianna thousands of miles...

Here he sends Dianna from Paris to Egypt(~3,450km) with a casual kick:
http://i.imgur.com/tKY4jja.jpg

Here he sends Dianna from Egypt to the Great Wall of China(~7,770km) with another strike:
http://i.imgur.com/399pRTJ.jpg

And here he sends Dianna from the Great Wall of China to Themyscira(~13,200km) with another blow:
http://i.imgur.com/s8S1HWU.jpg
(That was when Themyscira was located in the Bermuda Triangle, so yes, that is a fairly accurate distance.)

And since we know that Zoom doesn't possess super-strength in the typical sense, we must conclude that the added mass he gleaned from moving at said speeds prior to punching Dianna, was responsible for carrying her such vast distances. Whether or not his strikes were on par with Flash-level IMPs is still up for debate, however... No way to prove that one way or the other, tbh.

I honestly don't think it was pr. I'm pretty sure IMP is a term that was invented on the forum. The phrase isn't used to describe the punch either of the times Wally threw one...

"Infinite mass" was never used to describe it either. Galan007 even confirmed as much a while back...

Frankly, 'reaching' or 'obtaining' infinite mass would defeat the concept of infinity all together, as it would suggest that infinity has an end(it doesn't.) With that in mind: it has never been stated that Flash 'attains' infinite mass when he IMPs--just that his mass increases toward infinity as he approaches c:

I've always said that 'Infinite Mass Punch' is a very misleading title. It should really be dubbed 'Increasing Mass Punch'. /shrug

Unable to quote the guy post because KMC sucks doo doo juice. You can confirm of Galan said this through him if you don't believe me. I still stand by this assertion.

By its very nature, infinity has no tangible end that can be reached or attained... That's why it was only stated that Flash's mass increases toward infinity.

Adam Grimes
Sigh...she was hit with a punch coming at her at light speed. It can not get any simpler than this. Just stop bro. How can someone throw a slow punch at Light speed. A punch is a punch and if two people hit one target at Light speed, the results should be the same. Sigh* You are making it too simple. Glad to see you agree with the rest of the post.

-Pr-

Unable to quote the guy post because KMC sucks doo doo juice. You can confirm of Galan said this through him if you don't believe me.

Maybe I was thinking of something else, then.

Nice to see you diverting from my original question, though.

Not sad at all when the forum is using real world logic know a freaking comic.

You're using that word wrong.

Well each punch from Zoom knocked Dianna thousands of miles...

Here he sends Dianna from Paris to Egypt(~3,450km) with a casual kick:
http://i.imgur.com/tKY4jja.jpg

Here he sends Dianna from Egypt to the Great Wall of China(~7,770km) with another strike:
http://i.imgur.com/399pRTJ.jpg

And here he sends Dianna from the Great Wall of China to Themyscira(~13,200km) with another blow:
http://i.imgur.com/s8S1HWU.jpg
(That was when Themyscira was located in the Bermuda Triangle, so yes, that is a fairly accurate distance.)

And since we know that Zoom doesn't possess super-strength in the typical sense, we must conclude that the added mass he gleaned from moving at said speeds prior to punching Dianna, was responsible for carrying her such vast distances. Whether or not his strikes were on par with Flash-level IMPs is still up for debate, however... No way to prove that one way or the other, tbh.

I still stand by this assertion.

By its very nature, infinity has no tangible end that can be reached or attained... That's why it was only stated that Flash's mass increases toward infinity.

Well yeah, the science is awful. He reaches escape velocity but doesn't leave the atmosphere, for starters.

Galan007
^ Speedsters don't do science. stick out tongue

-Pr-
^ Speedsters don't do science. stick out tongue

They really don't.

Anyway, my initial comment was that Zoom shouldn't really be used in threads like this, as his powerset is so fundamentally different from Barry's.

Galan007
Night and day difference. thumb up

Barry wins, btw. smile

Rao Kal El

Lol Carver, did you read your own scan?

The white martian WAS in orbit and he reached ESCAPE VELOCITY.

Quote:
"In physics, escape velocity is the minimum speed needed for an object to "break free" from the gravitational attraction of a massive body. The escape velocity from Earth is about 40,270 km/h (25,020 mph)."

He probably didn't left earth and landed on the moon because of THE ANGLE of the punch.

carver9
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Lol Carver, did you read your own scan?

The white martian WAS in orbit and he reached ESCAPE VELOCITY.

Quote:
"In physics, escape velocity is the minimum speed needed for an object to "break free" from the gravitational attraction of a massive body. The escape velocity from Earth is about 40,270 km/h (25,020 mph)."

He probably didn't left earth and landed on the moon because of THE ANGLE of the punch.

He was hit by infinity. His body shouldn't have stopped period.

Rao Kal El
He was hit by infinity. His body shouldn't have stopped period.

Don't try to change the subject. You said he didn't even leave earth's orbit, I am pointing out to you that he reached enough velocity to escape earth's gravity, but because of the angle he landed on earth again.

Now let me explain this to you. AT LEAST 7 miles per second is a LOW BALLING calculation that Flash is making, it is NOT the exact speed, is AT LEAST which implies that is AT LEAST escape velocity but NO LESS than escape velocity, which means it COULD be more.

Now consider the angle and the FRICTION caused by the atmosphere and that will explain you, why the White Martian didn't became earth's new satellite or a new body in space traveling forever. smile

BTW I think Flash wins

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>