Asajj Ventress vs Rebels Ahsoka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
rolling on floor laughing

McP
Asajj, probably

redpill
Originally posted by Rebel95
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) confused

EmperorSidious2
Ventress

Deronn_solo
Most likely Ahsoka when it's all said and done.

Syndicate
Ventress.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Deronn_solo

Kurk
Originally posted by Beniboybling

|King Joker|
Beni, I am legitamately jealous of your avatar/sig.

carthage
Originally posted by Deronn_solo

thumb up

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Beni, I am legitamately jealous of your avatar/sig. Thanks bae. love

Beniboybling
Interested to here why people think Ventress tbh. mmm

cs_zoltan
Contending with Kenobi and Anakin > stomping fodder.

Syndicate
Beating Grievous on a DS nexus is better then holding him off for 20 seconds without an amp. Plus that was still Ventress pre prime.

|King Joker|
Obviously, but this isn't TCW Ahsoka vs. Ventress. Ahsoka has improved drastically if she is going to be challenging Vader in his prime.

Emperordmb
Yeah realistically, I'm hoping Rebels Ahsoka is somewhere between Ventress and Dooku.

FreshestSlice
Thanks bae. love
Who told you could steal that picture, anyway, Beni?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Who told you could steal that picture, anyway, Beni? Why, did you copyright that shit? http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gifOriginally posted by |King Joker|
Obviously, but this isn't TCW Ahsoka vs. Ventress. Ahsoka has improved drastically if she is going to be challenging Vader in his prime. She was also holding her own against Ventress age 13, almost two decades later and she should be more than her match.

Syndicate
Obviously, but this isn't TCW Ahsoka vs. Ventress. Ahsoka has improved drastically if she is going to be challenging Vader in his prime.

Maybe, maybe not. We don't know how much Asshoka improved between TCW and Rebels especially with Imperials on the watch for anybody sporting a lightsaber.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Syndicate
Maybe, maybe not. We don't know how much Asshoka improved between TCW and Rebels especially with Imperials on the watch for anybody sporting a lightsaber.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Contending with Kenobi and Anakin > stomping fodder.

|King Joker|
Asshoka https://media.giphy.com/media/pgHhCnxwtYws8/giphy.gif

Maybe, maybe not. We don't know how much Asshoka Ahsoka improved between TCW and Rebels especially with Imperials on the watch for anybody sporting a lightsaber. If Ahsoka hasn't improved drastically she would not be able to challenge Darth Vader. His lightsaber abilities and Force powers are so far above TCW Ahsoka's that Rebels Ahsoka must have improved a large degree to lessen the gap so she could challenge him. We don't know how much specifically she increased, granted, but the fact of the matter is is that she already has a lot of experience fighting skilled opponents, so drawing from that pool of experience and knowledge would undoubtebly help her develop her skillset and hone her abilities. And she definitely would have sought to improve her skills throughout the years.

DarthAnt66
Was leaning Ventress, but Ahsoka got bae!amp so siding with her.

ily joker

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Was leaning Ventress, http://33.media.tumblr.com/4d4fccb6a09f2c5f73bb65b0628972ad/tumblr_inline_n41vz6avmc1qgggdt.png

but Ahsoka got bae!amp so siding with her. http://media1.giphy.com/media/11os5SjleqiyPe/giphy.gif

ily joker <3

Syndicate
https://media.giphy.com/media/pgHhCnxwtYws8/giphy.gif

If Ahsoka hasn't improved drastically she would not be able to challenge Darth Vader. His lightsaber abilities and Force powers are so far above TCW Ahsoka's that Rebels Ahsoka must have improved a large degree to lessen the gap so she could challenge him. We don't know how much specifically she increased, granted, but the fact of the matter is is that she already has a lot of experience fighting skilled opponents, so drawing from that pool of experience and knowledge would undoubtebly help her develop her skillset and hone her abilities. And she definitely would have sought to improve her skills throughout the years.

Depending on how skilled canon Vader is.

|King Joker|
Depending on how skilled canon Vader is. I don't see why he would have decreased in technical skill since RotS, and his strength in the Force has only grown, so all-in-all... he should at the very least be in RotS Skywalker's skill-tier, IMO.

FreshestSlice
Canon Vader trashing a better Grievous. Obvious feb.

carthage
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird

Which is a completely reliable showing considering she later struggles against Savage lol.

thesithmaster
Bump.
Who do you guys think win, now that we've seen all of Ahsoka?
TBH, I bet my money on Ventress, but in nothing short of a very interesting fight.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by thesithmaster
Bump.
Who do you guys think win, now that we've seen all of Ahsoka?
TBH, I bet my money on Ventress, but in nothing short of a very interesting fight.
Joker and DMB are gonna have a field day with this.

Ursumeles
Legends Asajj >> Ahsoka > Canon Asajj

Rockydonovang
Vader doesn't even bother to try and directly tk Ahsoka.

Vos, who Dooku(someone with inferior force feats to Vader) has ragdolled was able to ragdoll Ventress.

Even if you're willing to ignore canon and authoirty to try and assert Ahsoka's a sh!t tier duelist, there's nothing stopping Ahsoka from dismissing Ventress with the force.

thesithmaster
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Joker and DMB are gonna have a field day with this.

By doing their best to deny a canonical statement? Good luck with that.

Also, Sidious didn't bother to TK Saesee Tiin. Does that mean he couldn't TK Tiin? Not at all. What kind of logic is this?

Rockydonovang
Remind me sithmaster, what canonical statement are you referring to. And please remember to give me what the quote says, not what you infer it says

Rockydonovang

Also, Sidious didn't bother to TK Saesee Tiin. Does that mean he couldn't TK Tiin? Not at all. What kind of logic is this?
Sidious didn't need to tk tiin because he ended him in a few seconds.

That doesn't really apply to Vader and Ahsoka who fought for almost two minutes.

Your false equivalencies are amusing though thumb up

thesithmaster
Remind me sithmaster, what canonical statement are you referring to. And please remember to give me what the quote says, not what you infer it says

The quote you very well know. I'll explain it so unbiased people can comprehend it. It was the logical choice to pair Maul with Ezra, the weakest of the group. Making the most balanced team. Of course, strongest/weakest and the other two guys are the most balanced teams in any scenario. What are they about to do here? Fight. Fight the Inquisitors. Ezra clearly needs protection from the Inquisitors given SS streamrolled him a few times. Maul is the best to protect Ezra. What is Maul protecting Ezra from? Inquisitors, who are about to FIGHT them. It proves that Maul is a better FIGHTER than Ahsoka. If this was a dancing or swimming contest then it would be useless in trying to put Maul above Ahsoka as a fighter but given it's clearly taking about a fight only context it says Maul is above Ahsoka in all-out fighting skills.

Rockydonovang
The quote you very well know. I'll explain it so unbiased people can comprehend it. It was the logical choice to pair Maul with Ezra, the weakest of the group. Making the most balanced team. Of course, strongest/weakest and the other two guys are the most balanced teams in any scenario. What are they about to do here? Fight. Fight the Inquisitors. Ezra clearly needs protection from the Inquisitors given SS streamrolled him a few times. Maul is the best to protect Ezra. What is Maul protecting Ezra from? Inquisitors, who are about to FIGHT them. It proves that Maul is a better FIGHTER than Ahsoka. If this was a dancing or swimming contest then it would be useless in trying to put Maul above Ahsoka as a fighter but given it's clearly taking about a fight only context it says Maul is above Ahsoka in all-out fighting skills.

The quote says that Maul would be the best to protect Ezra yes. Whoever not once are Ahsoka or Maul's combative abilities alluded to. And we have alternative explanations that work just as well which perfectly reconcile with their fight on Malachor that had Ahsoka send Maul flaling backwards and then drive him back.

Even if we generously assume the reason you've given for Maul being the best fit to protect Ezra is correct, it doesn't tell us anything about how Maul and Ahsoka would compare on even ground. (And you yourself have conceded that Malchor was a nexus).

Thankfully we have an authoritative explanation to clear up the matter for us that isn't contradicted by your interpretation of the quote which is specifically referring to Malachor:

Side note: I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've progressed beyond trying to attack the strawman of "the quote is saying Ahsoka=Sidious".

This off course is backed up by Ahsoka sending Maul flailing backwards and driving him back during their fight on Malachor, an implied nexus.

Regardless, none of this is relevant to Ventress, who has nothing that ties her to any version of Maul.

Darth Thor
^ The quote is contradicted by Actual on screen showings. Maul did match Ashoka blow for blow. And he was on Malachor throughout S2, so saying that happened on Malachor isn't really a valid excuse for Filoni's statement not holding up, given his statement was regarding who could challenge Ashoka during S2.

As for Malachor apparently being a DS nexus, y'all forget there was likely a massive Light Side presence in the Sith Temple as well from all the dead Jedi corpses. In fact Kanan received his massive amp right after putting on the mask of a fallen Temple Guard.

thesithmaster
The quote says that Maul would be the best to protect Ezra yes. Whoever not once are Ahsoka or Maul's combative abilities alluded to. And we have alternative explanations that work just as well which perfectly reconcile with their fight on Malachor that had Ahsoka send Maul flaling backwards and then drive him back.

Even if we generously assume the reason you've given for Maul being the best fit to protect Ezra is correct, it doesn't tell us anything about how Maul and Ahsoka would compare on even ground. (And you yourself have conceded that Malchor was a nexus).

Thankfully we have an authoritative explanation to clear up the matter for us that isn't contradicted by your interpretation of the quote which is specifically referring to Malachor:

Side note: I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've progressed beyond trying to attack the strawman of "the quote is saying Ahsoka=Sidious".

This off course is backed up by Ahsoka sending Maul flailing backwards and driving him back during their fight on Malachor, an implied nexus.

Regardless, none of this is relevant to Ventress, who has nothing that ties her to any version of Maul.

Can you even read? Maul is best suited to protect Ezra in a fight meaning he'll do better in a fight and he's the strongest in a group that includes Tano. If he does better in a fight and is stronger, obviously he is the better fighter.

A two-handed desperate Ahsoka managed to send a casual, one-handed Maul take a few steps backwards in a bladelock. Bladelocks are indicators of... nothing, really. In TCW, Dooku overpowered Anakin in a bladelock but less than a minute prior he got kicked down and nearly choked to death by Skywalker, having to resort to a desperate Force Lightning cheap-shot.

Malachor is a nexus, but Hidalgo hesitated to call it a single game "buff" (amp) and said that the Dark Siders were only "potentially" amped. Meaning that they not being amped is definitely a possibility, as much as them being amped. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say Malachor was somewhat of a Dark Side nexus, but Hidalgo's doubts and "potentially" amped statements make it clear that if Malachor amped Dark Siders at all, it was minimally. They can't be solidly amped by something that only "potentially" amped them and wasn't a buff.

That quote is non-Canon to Rebels as has been explained to you multiple times. Predictably so you keep spamming it because it suits your agenda.

There's context to that quote too. Even if it was Canon, it would not be, in any way, shape or form, an indicator of Tano>Maul. It is talking about how in CW they had this problem where Yoda couldn't participate because he was so good he could kick the asses of anyone in the opposition, from a battle droid to Count Dooku. In Rebels, they're having the same problem with Ahsoka- she can kick the asses of anyone from her opposition, the GALACTIC EMPIRE, bar Vader and Sidious. Is Maul part of the GALACTIC EMPIRE? Nope. Last time I checked, he was on the run from them and being hunted.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ The quote is contradicted by Actual on screen showings. Maul did match Ashoka blow for blow. And he was on Malachor throughout S2, so saying that happened on Malachor isn't really a valid excuse for Filoni's statement not holding up, given his statement was regarding who could challenge Ashoka during S2.
Guard.
You realize "blow for blow" is a figure of speech for not being able to perfectly match someone. Anyway, that the fight never saw a conclusion doesn't prove it wouldn't have reached one.

More importantly, Maul didn't match Ahsoka "blow for blow". On his first blow, he was sent flailing backwards and then later on he was driven back.

And no, the context of a specific fight doesn't invalidate a statement of combatant's general abilities. no

As for Malachor apparently being a DS nexus, y'all forget there was likely a massive Light Side presence in the Sith Temple as well from all the dead Jedi corpses. In fact Kanan received his massive amp right after putting on the mask of a fallen Temple Guard.
Why would a dead jedi corpse boost lightsiders? I'm assuming you're referring to legends here since this isn't explicitly stated in canon, but in legends, killing a jedi boosts darksiders. And in legends it was the mass killing of jedi that turned Malachor into a darkside nexus.

And yet Kanan did not retain the amp after putting on the mask. Almost as if the amp had nothing to do with the mask erm

Not that this is relevant since Ahsoka never actually wore the mask.

Also Thor, if you're planning on responding to this, please do me a favor and respond to the entirety of what I've posted. I don't like repeating myself.

ares834
Ahsoka and Maul's respective duels against other high tier force users show us quite decisively which is the superior duelist at this time.

Hint: It's Ahsoka.

And yes, she likely wins this.

Darth Thor
OR we could just look at their (Rebels Maul and Ahsoka's) fight against each other which made it pretty clear they're on a similar level.

DarthAnt66
OR we could just look at their (Rebels Maul and Ahsoka's) fight against each other which made it pretty clear they're on a similar level.
thumb up

I generally agree with Ares, but if Ahsoka is better (note: if), it's certainly not "quite decisively."

|King Joker|
Ventress gets bodied.

|King Joker|
By doing their best to deny a canonical statement? Good luck with that. Respond to my post like you said you would, retard.

Rockydonovang
Nobody argued they can't be on the same level. But Given that fight has Ahsoka
A. Send Maul flailing backwards
B. Drive Maul Back

There's no need to assume they're exact equals, even ignoring the nexus.

cdtm
Ahsoka wins, with ease.

Emperordmb
I don't need to suggest Ahsoka>Rebels Maul to suggest her performance against Vader is miles more impressive than Ventress getting utterly trashed by Dooku. Ahsoka's performance against Vader even though she was on the losing end of that fight is respectable. Ventress gets utterly stomped every single time she tries her luck against Dooku with no semblance of contention either as a duelist or in the Force.

Darth Thor

I generally agree with Ares, but

Pretty sure he's just trolling/having a laugh at Maul fans tbh.

thesithmaster
Respond to my post like you said you would, retard.

When/if I have time. No promises.

Darth Thor
Nobody argued they can't be on the same level. But Given that fight has Ahsoka
A. Send Maul flailing backwards
B. Drive Maul Back

There's no need to assume they're exact equals, even ignoring the nexus.

Nah, TPM Obi-Wan was driving Maul backwards in their final fight. Didn't make him superior.

Driving someone back a couple of steps but within pretty much the same vicinity isn't even worth bringing up tbh.

Fight was a stalemate both failing to overpower the other, and it went on for long enough tbh.

Darth Thor
You realize "blow for blow" is a figure of speech for not being able to perfectly match someone.

Hmm it's almost as if we shouldn't take this statement of completely literally due to the vague wording and context..

Anyway, that the fight never saw a conclusion doesn't prove it wouldn't have reached one.

It went on for quite a while (by SW standards). Yes there was no conclusion. It's not for Filoni to just give us a ranking system (not that he outright said Ahsoka > Maul). There needs to be some In-Universe evidence as well.

And btw I don't cling to the official site statement, but for the record that is more clear than Filoni's, since that's clearly comparing Maul to Ahsoka and Kanan.

More importantly, Maul didn't match Ahsoka "blow for blow". On his first blow, he was sent flailing backwards and then later on he was driven back.

Addressed. That honestly means nothing. Landing a physical attack or clearly and continuously driving back might mean something, but not that.

And by the way, Maul isn't always an offensive fighter. He fights defensively a lot as well (in Sabers), but attempts to land physical hits in. He's been doing that all the way since TPM when he was a match for the duo. Also gives ground against Opress and heck even against Vizsla.

In comparison to those Ahsoka hardly drove him back at all.

And no, the context of a specific fight doesn't invalidate a statement of combatant's general abilities. no

It wasn't though. It was a story telling context of no one being able to challenge Ahsoka. Hence the example of Yoda in TCW. Maul clearly is a challenge for Ahsoka, and clearly would be a threat to her, and clearly can match her blows.

Why would a dead jedi corpse boost lightsiders? I'm assuming you're referring to legends here since this isn't explicitly stated in canon, but in legends, killing a jedi boosts darksiders. And in legends it was the mass killing of jedi that turned Malachor into a darkside nexus.

Dude it's speculation but based on what we saw and facts we know. It's not like you know as a fact that the DS Nexus boosted the darksiders given even Pablo Hidalgo couldn't answer that.

Remember in "Rise of the Old Masters" when they kept Luminara's corpse there to lure in Jedi? Even when Kanan got there he could sense her presence so was sure she was there...

In Canon it wasn't the darksiders that killed all the Jedi there. Remember Ahsoka says from what she can tell No One Won.

And yet Kanan did not retain the amp after putting on the mask. Almost as if the amp had nothing to do with the mask erm

I wouldn't expect the amp to be permanent. It would definitely have something to do with Kanan's internal state as well. Point is it would be very very difficult for Kanan to suddenly get such a huge Light Side boost on a completely dark side nexus.

The whole place was obviously just strong in the Force.

Not that this is relevant since Ahsoka never actually wore the mask.

There was still a massive Jedi presence there once time, and their corpses still around. In fact they were in that area Maul and Ahsoka were fighting, hence the Mask being there.

Also Thor, if you're planning on responding to this, please do me a favor and respond to the entirety of what I've posted. I don't like repeating myself.

Addressed everything.

Rockydonovang
Nah, TPM Obi-Wan was driving Maul backwards in their final fight. Didn't make him superior.

Actually, he had the advantage at that stage of the fight. Hence why he kicked Maul down and cut his saber in half.

Driving someone back a couple of steps but within pretty much the same vicinity isn't even worth bringing up tbh.

Not sure where you're getting a couple of steps from, we only see a couple of steps but they fight off screen. but given that this, and Ahsoka sending Maul flaling backwards were the only moments where either of the two showcased any edge, I think it works just fine. Both are examples of Maul failing to match Ahsoka blow for blow.
Fight was a stalemate both failing to overpower the other, and it went on for long enough tbh.
"Long enough" doesn't cut it. For there to be a contradiction here, setting aside the nexus, you need to prove that one of the two wouldn't have eventually overcame the other.

DarthAnt66
Actually, he had the advantage at that stage of the fight. Hence why he kicked Maul down and cut his saber in half.
http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/7ymFBMzl.png

Rockydonovang

Addressed everything.
thumb up Appreciated Asgardian, I'll try to respond later

Rockydonovang
Is there a problem Ant?

DarthAnt66
No, I just posted that meme for no reason?

Darth Thor

There's context to that quote too. Even if it was Canon, it would not be, in any way, shape or form, an indicator of Tano>Maul. It is talking about how in CW they had this problem where Yoda couldn't participate because he was so good he could kick the asses of anyone in the opposition, from a battle droid to Count Dooku. In Rebels, they're having the same problem with Ahsoka- she can kick the asses of anyone from her opposition, the GALACTIC EMPIRE, bar Vader and Sidious. Is Maul part of the GALACTIC EMPIRE? Nope. Last time I checked, he was on the run from them and being hunted.

Yeah I seriously doubt he was including Maul in that statement. If he was then his comparison to the Yoda problem in TCW makes no sense as Maul obviously can challenge Ashoka.

|King Joker|
When/if I have time. No promises. Until you do, stop talking shit.

Beniboybling
People still living in 2015? Ahsoka obliterates.

TenebrousWay
I'd argue Ventress can't even compete decently.

thesithmaster
Until you do, stop talking shit.

The only shit I see here is Ahsoka obliterating/Ventress not competing.

Emperordmb
The only shit I see here is Ahsoka obliterating/Ventress not competing.
https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.331338216.4835/raf,750x1000,075,t,9ec0d5:0d26d5c715.u2.jpg

|King Joker|
The only shit I see here is Ahsoka obliterating/Ventress not competing. Then stop whining and counter them lmao

ChocolateMuesli
LMAO

for real tho, someone link ahsokas best feats?

thesithmaster
Then stop whining and counter them lmao

First off, I'm not whining.
Second off, I have things to do. I will reply to your post probably tomorrow.

thesithmaster
Originally posted by Emperordmb
https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.331338216.4835/raf,750x1000,075,t,9ec0d5:0d26d5c715.u2.jpg

That's true, but since Ahsoka wrecking isn't a fact it has nothing to do with what you quoted smile

Darth Thor
^ Sithmaster do you think Ventress would fight evenly against Maul?

thesithmaster
^ Sithmaster do you think Ventress would fight evenly against Maul?

Against Rebels Maul? Most definitely a possibility.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli
LMAO

for real tho, someone link ahsokas best feats?
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/rebels-ahsoka-respect-thread-1874700/

Rockydonovang
Yeah I seriously doubt he was including Maul in that statement. If he was then his comparison to the Yoda problem in TCW makes no sense as Maul obviously can challenge Ashoka.
The context never exempted Maul. And you can stop attacking strawmen, Feloni never said Maul couldn't challenge Ahsoka.

thesithmaster
The context never exempted Maul. And you can stop attacking strawmen, Feloni never said Maul couldn't challenge Ahsoka.

Can you read? The quote is talking about how Ahsoka can kick the asses of every one in the opposition, the GALACTIC EMPIRE, bar Vader and Sidious. Is Maul part of the Empire? Is he? No. He is exempted from the quote no matter what you try to say.

Rockydonovang
Can you read? The quote is talking about how Ahsoka can kick the asses of every one in the opposition, the GALACTIC EMPIRE, bar Vader and Sidious. Is Maul part of the Empire? Is he? No. He is exempted from the quote no matter what you try to say. The empire is never referred to in the context of this quote:

She's compared to Yoda because as of season 2 of rebels, she is this shows strongest protagonist, who most antagonists in the show would have their "butts kicked" which makes her hard to use. You're assuming though, that the stipulations presented here, not getting your butt kicked, to the explanation given for why she's so hard to use.

The explanation for this that is given is that bar a couple of exceptions, those who can at least match her via their superiority(vader/sdious), no one can "really" macth her "blow for blow".

The "really" and "blow for blow" make obvious that this isn't exempting people from being able to challenge her, it's just that they can't perfectly match her.

That Maul can challenge Ahsoka doesn't exempt him from this statement which is specifically listing people who can "really match her, blow for blow"

Emperordmb
I mean could we all take a second... Like seriously, it baffles me how anyone can observe their respective performances against Dooku and Vader and think, "hmmm... those two are near equal!"

Just from watching their duels the difference between Ahsoka's capabilities and Ventress's capabilities becomes pretty damn clear:

Attacking

Ahsoka attacking Vader: Ahsoka manages to trade blows with Vader and push him back
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472140-7961503848-1bwpv.gif

Ventress attacking Dooku: Dooku dodges two of Ventress's attacks, blocks one of her attacks, and floors her in about three seconds flat
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472143-1936522302-1bwpz.gif

--------

Dealing with an assault

Vader attacking Ahsoka: Ahsoka turns her back to Vader and manages to defend herself from him in that awkward position
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472146-7687762972-1bwr5.gif

Dooku attacking Ventress: Ventress gets floored after a brief exchange of strikes
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472149-3623798696-1bwqr.gif

------

Attacking their opponents with a circumstantial edge

Ahsoka attacking a disadvantaged Vader: Vader is somewhat caught off guard, but still sees her coming, turns towards her, and reacts quick enough to block one of her strikes, yet she still lands a blow TO HIS HEAD
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472154-3075975984-1bwq9.gif

Ventress attacking a disadvantaged Dooku: Dooku is unarmed and Ventress has assistance, and Ventress can't lay a scratch on a barely retreating Dooku
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472156-3218713421-1bwr8.gif

---------

Holding ground against their opponents

Ahsoka dealing with Vader's onslaught: Ahsoka is in a slow retreat
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472160-4210501695-1bwqj.gif

Ventress dealing with Dooku's onslaught: She attacks him while his back is turned, then immediately gets driven into a desperate retreat
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472162-3583375358-1bwry.gif

--------

I mean shit, Ahsoka takes on Vader, and manages to hold her own respectfully well even though it's clear who has the upper hand. Ventress gets thrashed every time she goes at Dooku 1v1, and she's even gone at him with some serious circumstances aiding her and he still came out on top. Ahsoka and Ventress are clearly not on the same level.

It takes some serious willful ignorance to suggest Ventress actually wins.

carthage
Ahsoka guts her

|King Joker|
I mean could we all take a second... Like seriously, it baffles me how anyone can observe their respective performances against Dooku and Vader and think, "hmmm... those two are near equal!"

Just from watching their duels the difference between Ahsoka's capabilities and Ventress's capabilities becomes pretty damn clear:

Attacking

Ahsoka attacking Vader: Ahsoka manages to trade blows with Vader and push him back
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472140-7961503848-1bwpv.gif

Ventress attacking Dooku: Dooku dodges two of Ventress's attacks, blocks one of her attacks, and floors her in about three seconds flat
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472143-1936522302-1bwpz.gif

--------

Dealing with an assault

Vader attacking Ahsoka: Ahsoka turns her back to Vader and manages to defend herself from him in that awkward position
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472146-7687762972-1bwr5.gif

Dooku attacking Ventress: Ventress gets floored after a brief exchange of strikes
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472149-3623798696-1bwqr.gif

------

Attacking their opponents with a circumstantial edge

Ahsoka attacking a disadvantaged Vader: Vader is somewhat caught off guard, but still sees her coming, turns towards her, and reacts quick enough to block one of her strikes, yet she still lands a blow TO HIS HEAD
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472154-3075975984-1bwq9.gif

Ventress attacking a disadvantaged Dooku: Dooku is unarmed and Ventress has assistance, and Ventress can't lay a scratch on a barely retreating Dooku
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472156-3218713421-1bwr8.gif

---------

Holding ground against their opponents

Ahsoka dealing with Vader's onslaught: Ahsoka is in a slow retreat
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472160-4210501695-1bwqj.gif

Ventress dealing with Dooku's onslaught: She attacks him while his back is turned, then immediately gets driven into a desperate retreat
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5472162-3583375358-1bwry.gif

--------

I mean shit, Ahsoka takes on Vader, and manages to hold her own respectfully well even though it's clear who has the upper hand. Ventress gets thrashed every time she goes at Dooku 1v1, and she's even gone at him with some serious circumstances aiding her and he still came out on top. Ahsoka and Ventress are clearly not on the same level.

It takes some serious willful ignorance to suggest Ventress actually wins. thumb up smile

Rockydonovang
Yea, Ahsoka does more than "trade blows" with vader at the beginning of the encounter. She lands a kick with her first move, dances around him, and then forces him to overextend himself.

Darth Thor

It's not strawman at all. Read the whole passage In Context. The Yoda example should be very telling. Including Maul in that context makes little to no sense.

So Claiming Maul is definitely included is reaching.

Now Filoni MAY have meant to include Maul, but he'd need to clarify.

Now what's StrawMan is making out the website statement (which clearly is directly comparing Maul, Ashoka and Kanan) isn't talking about combatative strength.

Yea, Ahsoka does more than "trade blows" with vader at the beginning of the encounter. She lands a kick with her first move, dances around him, and then forces him to overextend himself.

Funny how you're not bringing up this being a "Pre-Prime Ventress" now.

Rockydonovang
It's not strawman at all. Read the whole passage In Context. The Yoda example should be very telling. Including Maul in that context makes little to no sense.

Refer too my response to Sithmaster:

She's compared to Yoda because as of season 2 of rebels, she is this shows strongest protagonist, who most antagonists in the show would have their "butts kicked" which makes her hard to use. You're assuming though, that the stipulations presented here, not getting your butt kicked, to the explanation given for why she's so hard to use.

The explanation for this that is given is that bar a couple of exceptions, those who can at least match her via their superiority(vader/sdious), no one can "really" macth her "blow for blow".

The "really" and "blow for blow" make obvious that this isn't exempting people from being able to challenge her, it's just that they can't perfectly match her.

That Maul can challenge Ahsoka doesn't exempt him from this statement which is specifically listing people who can "really match her, blow for blow"

Now what's StrawMan is making out the website statement (which clearly is directly comparing Maul, Ashoka and Kanan) isn't talking about combatative strength.

I don't think you understand what a strawman is: An argument or assertion that was never brought up.

That aside, Maul or Ahsoka's combative strength is never mentioned, and there is no specific comparison drawn between the two. All the statement asserts is that Maul can best protect Ezra from the inquisitors. That this means Maul>Ahsoka is simply a conclusion you're drawing from it. As Joker has pointed out, there are perfectly plausible alternatives to that reasoning which also align with Ahsoka being the only one of the two ever to gain any kind of advantage in the fight they had.

Furthermore, even assuming your conclusion is the correct one, this inference only holds weight on Mandalore. Feloni's statement, which was referring to Ahsoka's abilities in general isn't contradicted by the quote you're trying to use. There is nothing that states or implies that Maul is superior on even ground and hence we can refer to Authority to clear up the matter of how the two compare on even ground.

There are no contradictions present, save for ones you're trying to force.

Rockydonovang
---

Rockydonovang
A fair point. Fortunately DD makes clear that Dooku is well above her as well:

Heck, Even Kenobi is throwing an amped Ventress off balance with his bladework:

Ventress can't legitimately contend with Dooku. Ahsoka can and has contended with Vader in unfavorable conditions. I think it's obvious who's better here.

ChocolateMuesli
dmbs post was pretty convincing. is ahsoka dead yet?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli
dmbs post was pretty convincing. is ahsoka dead yet?
Apparently not, though she should be sad

Darth Thor
Refer too my response to Sithmaster:

I mean you're jumping to a few assertions yourself in what Filoni meant there.

First you're jumping to your own conclusion of what the comparison to Yoda meant, and second you're jumping to your own conclusion of what "blow for blow" meant.

We all agree Kenobi and Yoda are not included in his definition as they are not the antagonists to the Rebels crew. But honestly sithmaster's interpretation of Filoni meaning force users within the Galactic Empire (as in the antagonists for the Rebels crew from day 1) could be just as valid.

Filoni would need to clarify. Especially when on screen canon shows Maul matching Ahsoka blow for blow for a fairly extended period.

I don't think you understand what a strawman is: An argument or assertion that was never brought up.

It was late when I wrote that, but fair enough.. What I meant was "reaching".

That aside, Maul or Ahsoka's combative strength is never mentioned, and there is no specific comparison drawn between the two. All the statement asserts is that Maul can best protect Ezra from the inquisitors. That this means Maul>Ahsoka is simply a conclusion you're drawing from it. As Joker has pointed out, there are perfectly plausible alternatives to that reasoning which also align with Ahsoka being the only one of the two ever to gain any kind of advantage in the fight they had.

Firstly I'm not stringing to the sw.com quote or Filoni's comment to draw any conclusion. I think they're both too vague and I think more evidence would be required anyway.

What I'm arguing is the quote on sw.com is more clear in it's implication than Filoni's comments. Because on the sw.com quote the choice was cealry between Maul, Ahsoka and Kanan, so a direct comparison is being made there, whereas Filoni's quote clearly had a wider context and wasn't as specific in terms of comparisons.

And "the logical choice" would be pairing the weakest with the strongest. Because aside from that pairing Maul with Ezra would be a terrible idea.

Furthermore, even assuming your conclusion is the correct one, this inference only holds weight on Mandalore. Feloni's statement, which was referring to Ahsoka's abilities in general isn't contradicted by the quote you're trying to use. There is nothing that states or implies that Maul is superior on even ground and hence we can refer to Authority to clear up the matter of how the two compare on even ground.

There are no contradictions present, save for ones you're trying to force.

The fight being on Malachor should make no difference to Filoni's quote whatsoever as Filoni's quote was in reference to that time period (Rebels first 2 seasons) where Maul was trapped on Malachor anyway erm

Your specific interpretation leaves no room for contradicitons, but it's also a pretty specific interpretation that suits your arguments.

Sithmasters interpretation of said quotes also leaves no contradictions erm

If you're going to prove Ahsoka's > Maul you'll need a lot more than Filoni's vague comment, just as Sithmaster would need more than the sw.com quote to prove the opposite.

However just looking at those 2 quotes, denying the sw.com one requires more reaching. Also in general written sources are more reliable than verbal ones. Because a written one is likely to be checked before being put down, and can also be removed and changed later (on the website at least). Spoken words can have errors, and can't be edited later.

But like I said, clinging to either one is reaching.

Darth Thor

Funny thing is Obi-Wan wasn't even driving Maul back when that happened. But he did drive Maul back right before Maul overpowered him.

Not sure where you're getting a couple of steps from, we only see a couple of steps but they fight off screen. but given that this, and Ahsoka sending Maul flaling backwards were the only moments where either of the two showcased any edge, I think it works just fine. Both are examples of Maul failing to match Ahsoka blow for blow.

You seem to have a very specific and convenient definition of "blow for blow".

Ahsoka did nothing to Maul (or vice versa). A few steps literally means nothing in SW. Opress sent Maul a few steps back. Heck Vizsla drove Maul back the furthest!
And Sithmaster also has a valid point that Maul seemed fairly casual in that fight- turning his back on her, blocking one handed, seeming pretty confident at the start and end of the fight.

"Long enough" doesn't cut it. For there to be a contradiction here, setting aside the nexus, you need to prove that one of the two wouldn't have eventually overcame the other.

They were portrayed as peers. There are vague quotes for both sides to suggest superiority, but taking either one as fact would be clinging.

Emperordmb
And "the logical choice" would be pairing the weakest with the strongest. Because aside from that pairing Maul with Ezra would be a terrible idea.
I mean not really. Ezra's the one with the holocron, and Maul's the one who knows what to do with the holocron. Not to mention Maul's most familiar with the terrain and how to work the mechanisms of the temple.

Plus... pairing Kanan with Maul would be an even worse idea. Ahsoka and Kanan know from witnessing it and experience that Maul has an interest in Ezra and wants him alive, and it's pretty obvious Kanan is a threat to that. You can say it would be a terrible idea to pair Maul with Ezra, but Ezra would almost certainly come out of that alive, whereas if you paired Maul with Kanan... I doubt Kanan or Ahsoka would expect Kanan's survival there.

Beniboybling
Maul was the logical choice because he was demonstrably the most effective against the Inquisitors, but that doesn't mean he was the strongest.

Rockydonovang
I mean not really. Ezra's the one with the holocron, and Maul's the one who knows what to do with the holocron. Not to mention Maul's most familiar with the terrain and how to work the mechanisms of the temple.

Plus... pairing Kanan with Maul would be an even worse idea. Ahsoka and Kanan know from witnessing it and experience that Maul has an interest in Ezra and wants him alive, and it's pretty obvious Kanan is a threat to that. You can say it would be a terrible idea to pair Maul with Ezra, but Ezra would almost certainly come out of that alive, whereas if you paired Maul with Kanan... I doubt Kanan or Ahsoka would expect Kanan's survival there.
Do you want to take it from here?

Emperordmb
Not particularly. Too lazy.

|King Joker|
How are people still so dense on this topic? I can't wrap my head around it. Maul being the logical choice does not mean he was the strongest individual there. You have to take into account why Maul was the logical choice, and it's because he could better protect Ezra from the Inquisitors. Go from there, and then try to argue with a straight face that Maul being the best protection for Ezra by default means he's a better fighter than Ahsoka, lol.

Rockydonovang
Go from there, and then try to argue with a straight face that Maul being the best protection for Ezra by default means he's a better fighter than Ahsoka, lol.
To elaborate. The reason being due to Maul being the better fighter is a bit ridiculous because it would suggest that Ahsoka isn't good enough to comfortably handle the inqusitors despite doing so earlier on even ground. Unless of course you're willing to argue the nexus had a significant effect which would then mean that Ahsoka stalemated Maul on a significant nexus and hence we still get her being better on even ground.

Darth Thor

The Holocron will have nothing to do with "Ezra being the weakest". So that's not it.

Being familiar with the terrain is possible but less likely to be the "logical" reason to pair him with the weakest member of the group. The more likely explanation would be that Maul is the strongest, or at least like Beni said the one who can best protect Ezra.

Okay. But I never said Kanan and Maul was a great idea. Just that clearly Ezra and Maul isn't good for Ezra, and the only "logical" reason to pair them would be to balance the group out.

To elaborate. The reason being due to Maul being the better fighter is a bit ridiculous because it would suggest that Ahsoka isn't good enough to comfortably handle the inqusitors despite doing so earlier on even ground.

Or it was just to best balance the group out by pairing the strongest with the weakest. Because tbh Ezra's protection isn't actually mentioned anywhere.

Beniboybling
How are people still so dense on this topic? I can't wrap my head around it. Maul being the logical choice does not mean he was the strongest individual there. You have to take into account why Maul was the logical choice, and it's because he could better protect Ezra from the Inquisitors. Go from there, and then try to argue with a straight face that Maul being the best protection for Ezra by default means he's a better fighter than Ahsoka, lol. It's Thor, much like the late Neph, his brain hasn't developed since 2008. sad

Emperordmb
The Holocron will have nothing to do with "Ezra being the weakest". So that's not it.

Being familiar with the terrain is possible but less likely to be the "logical" reason to pair him with the weakest member of the group. The more likely explanation would be that Maul is the strongest, or at least like Beni said the one who can best protect Ezra.

Okay. But I never said Kanan and Maul was a great idea. Just that clearly Ezra and Maul isn't good for Ezra, and the only "logical" reason to pair them would be to balance the group out.
I'm saying it could likely be a variety of reasons with balancing the group out being the most important. It's entirely possible that sticking Ezra with Maul or Ahsoka would've balanced the group out, but that there were other reasons such as Maul's familiarity with the terrain and knowledge of the temple and holocron that make him the preferable choice along with the fact that it's safer to stick Ezra with Maul than Kanan with Maul.

Darth Thor
I'm saying it could likely be a variety of reasons with balancing the group out being the most important. It's entirely possible that sticking Ezra with Maul or Ahsoka would've balanced the group out, but that there were other reasons such as Maul's familiarity with the terrain and knowledge of the temple and holocron that make him the preferable choice along with the fact that it's safer to stick Ezra with Maul than Kanan with Maul.

And I agree those are all possible, but much less likely.

And btw both groups were simply going up the temple from opposite ends to scatter the Inquisitors. So yeah I doubt the quote meant "the logical choice was to team the weakest with the one who knows the terrain best".

The most likely is the obvious, which is teaming the weakest with the strongest. Kinda like Filoni's comment "proving" Ahsoka > Maul. It's possible he wasn't including Maul in that context but that's also probably a bit of a stretch.

Either way it's only fanboys and haters who are clinging to these comments and quotes.

It's Thor, much like the late Neph, his brain hasn't developed since 2008. sad

Just calling out double standards. But I can see how that may seem dense to some.

Rockydonovang
Of for fcks sake, kmc ate up my post because I used to many smilies. KMC doesn't seem to grasp the importance of banter it seems. Shame sad

Rockydonovang
I'll give this another go, maybe this time KMC won't reject my sense of humor sad

I mean you're jumping to a few assertions yourself in what Filoni meant there.

Am I? messed
First you're jumping to your own conclusion of what the comparison to Yoda meant

What's stated about Ahsoka in the Yoda comparison is different than the stipulations given in the question of note.
, and second you're jumping to your own conclusion of what "blow for blow" meant.

Then perhaps we should refer to the dictionary?

So when you say "X matched Y, blow for blow" this means, "X matched Y down to the details of the fight".

You can fight relatively evenly with someone, and still fail to match them blow for blow which coincidentally, happened, in Maul's fight vs Ahsoka.

We all agree Kenobi and Yoda are not included in his definition as they are not the antagonists to the Rebels crew

Not at all relevant to Ahsoka vs Maul, but I'm glad we've made progress thumb up
. But honestly sithmaster's interpretation of Filoni meaning force users within the Galactic Empire (as in the antagonists for the Rebels crew from day 1) could be just as valid.

It's not, because Sithmaster's interpretation relies on a qualifier that is nowhere to be found in the statement or the context surrounding it. Feloni never mentions or specifies that he's talkinga bout imperial antagonists, so such an assertion is unsubstantiated.

On the otherhand, the jedi being exempted from this works because it's substantiated by the context surrounding the quote. Feloni is talking about how to use Ahsoka in a story, Ahsoka can't be used vs Yoda or Kenobi, and hence their ability to match or not match her isn't relevant.
Filoni would need to clarify. Especially when on screen canon shows Maul matching Ahsoka blow for blow for a fairly extended period.

Except that Maul doesn't match her "blow for blow".

He fails to match her here:
https://youtu.be/ukse7fCIt2c?t=1m1s
Or here:
https://youtu.be/ukse7fCIt2c?t=1m33s
Remember, "blow for blow" is about details which means even minor edges are sufficient to render what you just claimed false.

It seems Maul can't match her "blow for blow", even on a nexus.
Shame. sad

Firstly I'm not stringing to the sw.com quote or Feloni's comment to draw any conclusion. I think they're both too vague and I think more evidence would be required anyway.

Ah, so since you realize that the sw.com quote doesn't necessarily say what you want it to say, you're going to try and equate it's level of clarity to the level of clarity in what Feloni said. Let me explain why this is a false equivalency:

Feloni's statement identifies the combatant in question, and makes an explicit statement regarding her combative abilities.

The Starwars.com quote makes a note of the abilities of a combatant separate for the one you're arguing for, simply as an explanation for a certain situation(Ezra being a weak link) which Maul is, for an unspecified the best solution to resolve.

Feloni's statement is unquestionably relevant to Ahsoka's combative abilities, the SW.com quote isn't clearly relevant to Maul's.

Additionally, even taking your interpretation into account, such an interpretation is easily reconciled by what Feloni said by making note of implied context.

Even with your interpretation of the quote, there isno contradiction unless you try to force it.
What I'm arguing is the quote on sw.com is more clear in it's implication than Filoni's comments. Because on the sw.com quote the choice was cealry between Maul, Ahsoka and Kanan, so a direct comparison is being made there, whereas Filoni's quote clearly had a wider context and wasn't as specific in terms of comparisons.

Except that

The SW.com quote may or may not refer to Maul's combative abilities
Feloni's statement is explicitly referring to Ahsoka's combative abilities
Feloni's statement gives us specific criteria for exemption: Being able to match her "blow for blow", and existing as of the time period as of Rebels

Me and Joker addressed this. If you're so inclined, respond and I'll try to offer you a response in turn.
The fight being on Malachor should make no difference to Filoni's quote whatsoever as Filoni's quote was in reference to that time period (Rebels first 2 seasons) where Maul was trapped on Malachor anyway

Except that the statement indicated how Ahsoka comapres to others of her era in a general context.

Regardless, if you want to argue the quote means Ahsoka>Maul on Malachor, feel free to. Such an interpretation still doesn't hold any contradictions as Maul failed to match Ahsoka blow for blow in their fight and the SW.com quote only contradicts this statement if you force it to. Hence, if that's your stance on the matter, you're welcome to it smile

Your specific interpretation leaves no room for contradicitons, but it's also a pretty specific interpretation that suits your arguments.

My interpretation perfectly reconciling all evidence of the matter would make it rather good. I can't help it if the evidence supports what I argue wink
Sithmasters interpretation of said quotes also leaves no contradictions erm

Yes, but Sithmaster's interpretation relies on assumed context that is never stated or specified anywhere. My interpretation is based on what is explicitly stated and hence is inherently stronger.

If you're going to prove Ahsoka's > Maul you'll need a lot more than Filoni's vague comment, just as Sithmaster would need more than the sw.com quote to prove the opposite.

I really don't given that my interpretation is based on what is stated and Sithmaster's is based on what he assumes. However, even granting you that false equivalency, my argument is hardly dependent on that quote. I have Ahsoka, at worst, stalemating Maul on an implied nexus as a direct comparison. I have Ahsoka confronting and contending with Vader on a nexus while Maul chickened out in fear of him(even witwer, who you consider to hold weight agrees) for holistic intent.

The uncontradicted statement of authority on my side only confirms what's already obvious.

Regardless of the approach you choose to take here, Maul still comes out as inferior.
Shame. sad
However just looking at those 2 quotes, denying the sw.com one requires more reaching. Also in general written sources are more reliable than verbal ones. Because a written one is likely to be checked before being put down, and can also be removed and changed later (on the website at least). Spoken words can have errors, and can't be edited later.

You may have a point about errors if there was any basis to assume what was said by Feloni was erroneous. However there are no contradictions present in either Ahsoka or Maul's fight, what the sw,com quote explicitly says, or even your specific interpretation of the sw..com quote. All three can easily be reconciled without assuming the existence of some context in Felon's words aside from what he has stated.

Additionally Feloni's statement is supported both by on screen evidence and Maul and Ahsoka's holistic potryal.

However you play it, Maul still loses. Shame. sad
But like I said, clinging to either one is reaching.
Nah, the false equivalency you're trying to create here is the only reaching I'm seeing wink

Darth Thor
Of for fcks sake, kmc ate up my post because I used to many smilies. KMC doesn't seem to grasp the importance of banter it seems. Shame sad

Maybe just try responding without all the sarcastic smileys Lol

Rockydonovang
Maybe just try responding without all the sarcastic smileys Lol
Sarcastic? Me? How Dare You! mad

Darth Thor

Am I? messed

What's stated about Ahsoka in the Yoda comparison is different than the stipulations given in the question of note.

Then perhaps we should refer to the dictionary?

So when you say "X matched Y, blow for blow" this means, "X matched Y down to the details of the fight".

You can fight relatively evenly with someone, and still fail to match them blow for blow which coincidentally, happened, in Maul's fight vs Ahsoka.

Well there's no dictionary definition to it (I can only find "blow BY blow", which only supports my point that he's given a vague statement, hence it's very limited in the canon facts thsat can be drawn from it.

It also means your definition is made up by yourself, to fit the facts you would like it to.

To me what we saw in their fight was Maul matching Ahsoka blow for blow, so Filoni's vague statement contradicts his own visual canon. More reason not to take it as canon fact.

Not at all relevant to Ahsoka vs Maul, but I'm glad we've made progress thumb up

It's not, because Sithmaster's interpretation relies on a qualifier that is nowhere to be found in the statement or the context surrounding it. Feloni never mentions or specifies that he's talkinga bout imperial antagonists, so such an assertion is unsubstantiated.

On the otherhand, the jedi being exempted from this works because it's substantiated by the context surrounding the quote. Feloni is talking about how to use Ahsoka in a story, Ahsoka can't be used vs Yoda or Kenobi, and hence their ability to match or not match her isn't relevant.

Point being we all agree there clearly are presumed qualifiers to his statement. Another reason the statement is too vague to take as canon fact.

Now I agree your interpretation is more likely to be what he meant, but I also think the possibility definitely exists that Maul is another qualifier.

Especially the part where he states "we all felt." I mean you really think Everyone at Lucasfilm animation felt there's no way Maul could defeat Ahsoka? Really? Not even 1/10? You really believe that?

They were definitely talking about the antagonists to the Rebels crew. Maul being confined to a single place, much like Yoda and Ben, might just disqualify Maul from being included in his statement as well.

Except that Maul doesn't match her "blow for blow".

He fails to match her here:
https://youtu.be/ukse7fCIt2c?t=1m1s
Or here:
https://youtu.be/ukse7fCIt2c?t=1m33s
Remember, "blow for blow" is about details which means even minor edges are sufficient to render what you just claimed false.

It seems Maul can't match her "blow for blow", even on a nexus.
Shame. sad

This is honestly kinda silly. This is your new definition of matching blow to blow? Really?

Firstly you've not even addressed my points about Opress, TPM Obi-Wan and most of all Pre-Vizsla also driving Maul back, all right before he puts them in their place. Vizsla is the guy who drove Maul back the most.

Second, correct me if I'm wrong, but Maul does seem to only be using 1 hand on those locks. So Maul using one hand is driven back a couple of steps. Really? That's your proof of Ahsoka being superior? Really?

No kicks, no force pushes, no saber cuts, no physical attacks, just forcing a one handed Maul back a couple of steps.

That's what's called "stringing" onto tiny hints of superiority when there's really no evidence there at all.

Ah, so since you realize that the sw.com quote doesn't necessarily say what you want it to say, you're going to try and equate it's level of clarity to the level of clarity in what Feloni said. Let me explain why this is a false equivalency:

Feloni's statement identifies the combatant in question, and makes an explicit statement regarding her combative abilities.

The Starwars.com quote makes a note of the abilities of a combatant separate for the one you're arguing for, simply as an explanation for a certain situation(Ezra being a weak link) which Maul is, for an unspecified the best solution to resolve.

Feloni's statement is unquestionably relevant to Ahsoka's combative abilities, the SW.com quote isn't clearly relevant to Maul's.

Additionally, even taking your interpretation into account, such an interpretation is easily reconciled by what Feloni said by making note of implied context.

Even with your interpretation of the quote, there isno contradiction unless you try to force it.

Except that

The SW.com quote may or may not refer to Maul's combative abilities
Feloni's statement is explicitly referring to Ahsoka's combative abilities
Feloni's statement gives us specific criteria for exemption: Being able to match her "blow for blow", and existing as of the time period as of Rebels

I've just addressed DMB on this above. By far the most likely "logic" is to team the weakest with the strongest.

You really think there's a strong possibility the quote meant, "the logical choice was to team the weakest member with the one who knew the terrain best.."

That's not the most obvious or most heavily implied reasoning at all.

If it was for Ezra's protection, the more appropriate wording would be to team Maul up with the most "Vulnerable" member.

As for the terrain, you're forgetting the point of splitting up. It was simply to travel up the temple on different sides, to scatter the Inquisitors. Teaming the weakest with the strongest would obviously balance out the teams. Teaming the weakest with the one who knows the terrain best again implies it's all about protecting Ezra, and not about dividing and conquering the Inqs, and that being the "logical" choice would be highly debatable.

As for your quote and statement comparisons:

1) Filoni's quote was talking about combat abilities.
The SW.COM quote was almost certainly talking about strength in the Force.

2) Filoni's quote didn't make comparisons to every Force user, so although he probably meant Maul as well, we don't know for sure given Maul's own unique position at that time in that era.
The SW.COM quote was definitely and without question comparing Maul to Ahsoka/Kanan.

Now do any of the above prove Maul or Ahsoka are superior. No. Definitely not. It's pretty desperate to Cling to either one as definitive evidence tbh.

Me and Joker addressed this. If you're so inclined, respond and I'll try to offer you a response in turn.

I've been through this to death with Joker, and am not willing to do it again as he gets needlessly insulting.

I've addressed DMB's points above as well, and feel I've given you thorough rebuttals on the subject.

Except that the statement indicated how Ahsoka comapres to others of her era in a general context.

Regardless, if you want to argue the quote means Ahsoka>Maul on Malachor, feel free to. Such an interpretation still doesn't hold any contradictions as Maul failed to match Ahsoka blow for blow in their fight and the SW.com quote only contradicts this statement if you force it to. Hence, if that's your stance on the matter, you're welcome to it smile

Addressed the comparisons and the undefined "blow for blow".

Yes I am welcome to my stance. You know why? Because these aren't facts, and both open to interpretations.

Actual Canon Facts convince almost everyone. Like Vader > Maul. There's only the odd troll who denies that now. It's something that's been repeated by multiple people in Universe and Out of Universe, and clearly clarified. Not to mention feats supporting that notion.

My interpretation perfectly reconciling all evidence of the matter would make it rather good. I can't help it if the evidence supports what I argue wink

Yes, but Sithmaster's interpretation relies on assumed context that is never stated or specified anywhere. My interpretation is based on what is explicitly stated and hence is inherently stronger.
I really don't given that my interpretation is based on what is stated and Sithmaster's is based on what he assumes.

The uncontradicted statement of authority on my side only confirms what's already obvious.

Regardless of the approach you choose to take here, Maul still comes out as inferior.
Shame. sad

Well this is the problem. You're both trying to Force Filoni's comments and the SW.COM Quote to meld together as if they MUST be consistent with one another.

Filoni isn't head of canon, and he doesn't check or edit the SW.COM quotes as far as I'm aware.

Different authors can have different bias, so the important thing is to go by clearly clarified and repeated statements (like the Vader > Maul), and by feats.

Darth Thor
c.t.d. from previous page..

However, even granting you that false equivalency, my argument is hardly dependent on that quote. I have Ahsoka, at worst, stalemating Maul on an implied nexus as a direct comparison. I have Ahsoka confronting and contending with Vader on a nexus while Maul chickened out in fear of him(even witwer, who you consider to hold weight agrees) for holistic intent.

Hmm it's almost as if Maul isn't willing to fight people he can't defeat..

Heroes on the other hand are always willing to sacrifice themselves. Let's not pretend Ahsoka fought Vader because she ever had a shot at actually defeating him. Even Filoni's confirmed she couldn't.

As for Witwer.. We know he's quick to tell us who Maul can't take. Yet he's always talked about Ahsoka as a peer to Maul, not an inferior or superior.

So it's clearly not cut canon to everyone at Lucasfilm that Maul can't defeat Ahsoka.

You may have a point about errors if there was any basis to assume what was said by Feloni was erroneous. However there are no contradictions present in either Ahsoka or Maul's fight, what the sw,com quote explicitly says, or even your specific interpretation of the sw..com quote. All three can easily be reconciled without assuming the existence of some context in Felon's words aside from what he has stated.
Additionally Feloni's statement is supported both by on screen evidence and Maul and Ahsoka's holistic potryal.

However you play it, Maul still loses. Shame. sad

Careful you're starting to sound like a Maul Hater stick out tongue

Nah, the false equivalency you're trying to create here is the only reaching I'm seeing wink

Oh there's certainly some Reaching going on with that SW.COM quote stick out tongue

Rockydonovang
Well there's no dictionary definition to it (I can only find "blow BY blow"

Coz "blow by blow" and "blow for blow" are definitely different erm

Darth Thor
Coz "blow by blow" and "blow for blow" are definitely different erm

Lol it's amazing the difference 1 word can make to a sentence.

Did you even look up "blow BY blow?" Really not relevant to the context we're discussing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.