Star Wars & Darth Vader Annuals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Thor
Not read the Vader one yet, but in the Star Wars one Palpatine has a new feat.

Spoilers:

He deflects multiple blaster bolts with his hand, Vader style.

So no Vader didn't have a special indestructible glove to deflect Solo's shots in ESB laughing out loud

chilled monkey
That's nothing new. Bultar Swan and Nomi Sunrider have deflected blaster bolts with their hands.

Darth Thor
Yeah but this is Canon now.

FreshestSlice
He doesn't know the difference. Like not even joking.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah but this is Canon now.

LOL. I'm pretty sure most people who've seen TFA now consider EU/Legends to be the canon version.

SPOILERS:

EU/Legends- Chewie is dead yes but everyone else is alive. Leia and Han arel married and have a living child who is happily married and a respected Jedi. They also have a grand-daughter. Luke has a son and has rebuilt the Jedi Order better than ever before. The Empire and the Republic are at peace and there is currently no galaxy spanning war.

TFA- Han is dead. Prior to that he and Leia are divorced and have one son who is now a dark sider. Luke is missing, with no confirmed offspring and the Jedi Order was destroyed again before it even got off the ground. R2 is comatose and 3PO has lost an arm. The Empire remains an enemy (new name same goal) and the galaxy is again at war.

Which sounds better to you?

Galan007
Not read the Vader one yet In line with most other issues in his Marvel series, Vader does what Vader does best: owns. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by chilled monkey
LOL. I'm pretty sure most people who've seen TFA now consider EU/Legends to be the canon version.

SPOILERS:

EU/Legends- Chewie is dead yes but everyone else is alive. Leia and Han arel married and have a living child who is happily married and a respected Jedi. They also have a grand-daughter. Luke has a son and has rebuilt the Jedi Order better than ever before. The Empire and the Republic are at peace and there is currently no galaxy spanning war.

TFA- Han is dead. Prior to that he and Leia are divorced and have one son who is now a dark sider. Luke is missing, with no confirmed offspring and the Jedi Order was destroyed again before it even got off the ground. R2 is comatose and 3PO has lost an arm. The Empire remains an enemy (new name same goal) and the galaxy is again at war.

Which sounds better to you?
Uh, no, I'm pretty sure most consider the canonverse to be the canonverse.

And which one is better, you ask? The canon version. erm

FreshestSlice
Yup.

DarthAnt66
I prefer Kylo Ren over Sekot and Abeloth any day. laughing out loud

FreshestSlice
Who the **** said Han and Leia were divorced anyway?

NewGuy01
Uh, no, actually. The vast majority of people consider the canon storyline to be the canon version, and the non-canon storyline to be legends.

You could have just used a tag.

I guess the discontinued, tossed material is supposed to be more legitimate than the official material because it's happy, then. thumb up

Oh, so I guess the storyline isn't legitimate because there's major problems and conflicts in the galaxy at large. You're totally right, that doesn't sound like Star Wars at all.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
In line with most other issues in his Marvel series, Vader does what Vader does best: owns. thumb up

Yep, read it now. Going around putting the Galaxy in it's place post destruction of the Death Star, is just so Vader thumb up

FreshestSlice
Nah. Him struggling with randoms and constantly needing to be rebuilt was better. uhuh

Darth Thor
^ RIP Legends. But won't miss you too much tbh.

quanchi112
^ RIP Legends. But won't miss you too much tbh. Vader is overrated. Points to Kanan and Ezra putting him on his ass, Luke shoulder tagging him in ESB, and Luke wrecking him in ROTJ.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Uh, no, actually. The vast majority of people consider the canon storyline to be the canon version, and the non-canon storyline to be legends.

Doubtful. On most of the forums/sites I've been on one of the biggest gripes against the EU was that it had become "too dark ad depressing" and "too far from the fun space adventure Star Wars is supposed to be." Stuff like that. A lot of people were raving about how they wanted to see "the big three back together for another great adventure" and so on.

So yes, most people will prefer the "Legends" storyline and so consider it to be the canon one.

I guess the discontinued, tossed material is supposed to be more legitimate than the official material because it's happy, then. thumb up

Yes.

Oh, so I guess the storyline isn't legitimate because there's major problems and conflicts in the galaxy at large. You're totally right, that doesn't sound like Star Wars at all.

LOL. You need to learn not to take everything literally. How many people do you know who complained about "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" because they don't actually rule/control the universe and so aren't actually its masters?

Plus, again, on most of the forums/sites I've been on many people complained how they were fed up with one galactic war after another and wanted to see some more original stories.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
UhAnd which one is better, you ask? The canon version. erm

Why?

If that's your opinion then fine, you're entitled to it, but I would like to know your reasons for feeling that way.

Galan007
^ RIP Legends. But won't miss you too much tbh. Some Vader feats in Legends were really damned impressive, like him force-choking Xizor from like half the galaxy away.

But yeah, Disney's doing just fine with him so far. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.