Author of Dark Empire: Palpatine isn't the most powerful Sith in history

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11114/111140132/4991892-2804118425-49916.jpg

Credit goes to @freedon_nadd_1 of ComicVine.

I can't personally confirm the authenticity of the statement.

FreshestSlice
Force and Legacy says otherwise.

DarthAnt66
No it doesn't. It says he may / might be, IIRC.

Zenwolf
He thinks it, doesn't mean his word actually confirms anything when actual Legends Sources(since we're using DE here) state that he is.

I'm not sure why we're trying to pass author's words as any sort of evidence when the question or statement has "I think" or "In my opinion."

DarthAnt66
lmfao ^

Zenwolf
Ant I don't know why you're laughing, when it's true.

Beniboybling
Lol he's right:

It quickly became clear to Luke that this decrepit and seemingly defenseless old man was masterfully adept in the ways of the Dark Side of the Force. Indeed, as Vader had warned, the Emperor had become the Dark Side's most powerful expression.

--Source: Dark Empire Endnotes

Assuming this guy keeps up with Legends and actually has Facebook, his opinion means diddly squat.

Would be interesting to know who he thinks is though, if anyone. mmm

DarthAnt66
As if that quote remotely suggests galactic history. mmm

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ant I don't know why you're laughing, when it's true.
I'm laughing because your comment was laughable. Why else would I be laughing?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm laughing because your comment was laughable. Why else would I be laughing?

I don't see how it's laughable, when it's true.

Beniboybling
As if that quote remotely suggests galactic history. mmm Considering the Dark Side is not limited to any one time period, of course it does. ermOriginally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm laughing because your comment was laughable. Why else would I be laughing? Because you're insecure. smile

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Considering the Dark Side is not limited to any one time period, of course it does. erm
Uh, no. The quote's saying Palpatine's the most powerful dark sider of the age.

This interpretation aligns with Veitch's agreement Palpatine isn't the most powerful in all of history.

It's laughable to think the quote means "all of history", like LMFAO. KEKEKEKEKEK.

Because you're insecure. smile
I'd wager the person who's made biblical novels on why Palpatine is the best ever is the one insecure here.

And the one who puts Palpatine an equal to Valkorion as the one trying to figure out which has the slight edge.

I'd also say the one who's ignoring an author's clarification of a quote is more insecure than acknowledging it.

That's just me though. mmm

DarthAnt66
I love how all the Palpatine people flock to this thread like slaves to Gideon's cause.

DMB was right. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Ant if you were secure in your case you'd be capable of explaining it logically, so far all you've managed is an appeal to stone.

I'll come back when you're ready to make a proper argument. smile

DarthAnt66
Concession accepted.

FreshestSlice
No it doesn't. It says he may / might be, IIRC.
Which is still saying otherwise, bish.

DarthAnt66
If he was the definite they would make it clear. wink

FreshestSlice
If Vitiate were the definite he wouldn't be a corpse.

DarthAnt66
Palpatine's a corpse as well - due to Han Solo's blaster. wink

FreshestSlice
Han Solo is obviously the most powerful Sith of all time then.

Beniboybling
Concession accepted. I concede you never made an argument. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Argument? No argument is needed. It's a quote, and the quote speaks for itself. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Indeed, but for unspecified reasons you're incapable of accepting what it says. wink

DarthAnt66
Assuming this guy keeps up with Legends and actually has Facebook, his opinion means diddly squat.
Indeed, but for unspecified reasons you're incapable of accepting what it says. wink

The irony is so intense that it became palpable in the physical world and wiped out an Ethopian village.

NewGuy01
Not sure what the big deal is, honestly. It was fairly obvious to me, at least, that Palpatine wasn't intended to be history's most powerful Sith at the time Dark Empire was written. That was established later on, as the expanded universe developed. The fact that Tom thinks this way isn't surprising at all.

That being said, I'm fairly certain that this is fake.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That being said, I'm fairly certain that this is fake.
reasons tbh. It certainly could be though... mmm
After the Jack scandal with Vitiate, everything is a conspiracy! argh

NewGuy01
Because it's Freedon Nadd. That guy is less credible than Revanchiste. If Tom's so easy to contact then I suggest you check with him yourself, if you really care that much.

DarthAnt66
https://www.facebook.com/tom.veitch.writer

*shrugs* I'll message him then.

Who knows, maybe I can get a Revan > DE Palpatine quote.

(:<

NewGuy01
Even if you could, it would do you little good. Considering your questions on the validity of both author statements and outdated material, the word of an author who hasn't worked on Star Wars in twenty years is about as useful as a broken condom. At best you could make it into a sillyband.

DarthAnt66
Oh, it certainly won't matter drastically on here or CV.

But on YT?

I'll be a godking.

And nah, I think it may have some relevance in debates.

DE Palpatine hasn't been touched since those comics, TBH.

NewGuy01
Why must you insist on bringing further cancer and autism to the YT scrubs?

DarthAnt66
An army of minions is pleasing to me.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
And the one who puts Palpatine an equal to Valkorion as the one trying to figure out which has the slight edge.

What exactly has sparked the whole Valk > Sheev movement?

NewGuy01
An army of minions is pleasing to me.

100x0=0.

Galan007
Did Vader: The Ultimate Guide go the way of Legends? Because that book did say that Palps was the most powerful Sith in the galaxy's history.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Most don't consider Valkorion to be a Sith.

NewGuy01
Which is completely irrelevant given that this thread only pertains to Sith. Gtfo with your not-so-subtle ulterior motives, pleb.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How is that completely irrelevant as it pertains to Galan's remark?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Which is completely irrelevant given that this thread only pertains to Sith. Gtfo with your not-so-subtle ulterior motives, pleb.
reported for insulting

The Merchant
I actually sent a PM to that FB account. He said this:

Tom Veitch

Why are people so obsessed with "the most powerful" -- that's something that applies to superheroes, and the Jedi and Sith weren't superheroes... Also, their powers were constantly changing and evolving, based on their changing knowledge of the Light...or of the Darkness. Cheers.

Emperordmb
Really sounds like he doesn't give a shit.

Ant if you want to form a basis for comparing Sheev and Valk without the "mostest powerfulest Sith in the history of forever" accolades for Sheev getting in the way, just stick with the Valkorion isn't a Sith thing.

Freedon Nadd
Thanks for making a thread.

MythLord
wow... has it been two years?

The Ellimist
tbh Ant we should add Veitch to your Revan vs. Vader banner.

LordOfTheLight
Are we taking this stuff seriously, even if it wasnt fake( which it quite likely is)?

Kenobi hype overload if so.

cs_zoltan
Depends on your bias.

2ndComingOfJack
cant believe im being compared to ''freedon_nadd_1''

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Are we taking this stuff seriously, even if it wasnt fake( which it quite likely is)?

Kenobi hype overload if so.

Huh? It is not fake!? I have Tom Veitch in my Facebook friend list. erm

Not all those who work in the entertainment industry are a bunch of arrogant people. Tom Veitch is one of those who are still humble and actually respond to you once in a while when they got some spare-time.

https://scontent.fotp3-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t35.0-12/26937662_1508230322617486_926231225_o.jpg?oh=72de71acdc2580c2fa5710a0a8a41c61&oe=5A5E9BFA

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by 2ndComingOfJack
cant believe im being compared to ''freedon_nadd_1''

"You should be honored, adept of the Force."
-Freedon Nadd
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/1/10/E200a38ea863fd7a32c4b8f1f03e902ff4a2388b_hq-1-.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170227021204

Dark-Kenshin
Confirms nothing I didn't already know. laughing out loud

Trocity
Veitch obviously didn't give a shit.

George Martin said Jaime>Aragorn, Imma go with that too.

Geistalt
Oh, it certainly won't matter drastically on here or CV.

But on YT?

I'll be a godking. I'll sub. What's your channel?

DarthAnt66
Well, I made that post two full years ago.

Freedon Nadd
"And it still stands."
-Freedon Nadd

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Trocity
Veitch obviously didn't give a shit.

George Martin said Jaime>Aragorn, Imma go with that too.

I and Tom have a special relation. He is giving a $hit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.