Superboy (New 52) vs Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decter
Who wins

deathslash
Herc wins for several reasons imo. Superboy is less experienced, has far less hand to hand skill, and has struggled with super strong bricks before. Herc as he is right now is basically his old high Herald level self with an added assortment of deadly and destructive ranged weapons.

carver9
For some strange reason, no matter who Hercules is pitted against, I can never see him losing.

leonidas
where has herc been featured in the last few months?

DarkSaint85
He hasn't done anything impressive in his new series. Ask carver to post scans as he's so confident.

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas

The only legit fight he had recently was against Namor and he was winning that until Surfer (from an alternative universe stopped it). Now he is just venturing and fighting no named villains. Nothing impressive. I was talking about Hercules before the destruction of Marvel Universe.

80sBaby
Kon is more powerful but Herc has more experience and is a much better fighter. I don't think Herc's weapons really matter, though as SB has full TK and could just disassemble them.

I think Kon wins 6-7/10. His flight and ability to attack from a distance gives him a big advantage. Also, I've never seen Herc tank a pounding from someone like Supergirl the way Kon did. Nor do I think Hercules could beat down Martian Manhunter the way Kon did.

80sBaby
Originally posted by carver9
For some strange reason, no matter who Hercules is pitted against, I can never see him losing.

I wouldn't have thought you'd favor Herc over Hulk in a fight. Learn something new everyday.

lawest9
For some strange reason, no matter who Hercules is pitted against, I can never see him losing. When it comes to marvel vs dc you can NEVER see marvel losing period.

DarkSaint85

Thor beat him hand to hand stick out tongue

zopzop
Superboy.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by leonidas

Try his title book.

abhilegend
Originally posted by deathslash
Herc wins for several reasons imo. Superboy is less experienced, has far less hand to hand skill, and has struggled with super strong bricks before. Herc as he is right now is basically his old high Herald level self with an added assortment of deadly and destructive ranged weapons.
Hercules was never a high herald. What are you talking about?

Superboy wins.

carver9
Hercules is physically a high Herald.

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hercules was never a high herald. What are you talking about?

Superboy wins. you thinking that superboy wins is fine, but saying that he isn't a legit high Herald is just an idiot notion.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by zopzop
Superboy.

Herc has incalculable strength. SB, not even close. Herc is a premier hand to hand fighter. This is spite.

abhilegend
you thinking that superboy wins is fine, but saying that he isn't a legit high Herald is just an idiot notion.
Even BRB isn't a high herald.

What are you talking about?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Herc has incalculable strength. SB, not even close. Herc is a premier hand to hand fighter. This is spite.
So does Superboy. Hercules can't even touch him due to his TTK.

deathslash
So does Superboy. Hercules can't even touch him due to his TTK. you forgetting that he has ranged weapons or are you trying to ignore it?

leonidas
what's nu 52 kon done?

Blue Area Vet
So does Superboy. Hercules can't even touch him due to his TTK.

So he is going to play keep away like a little *****?

Blue Area Vet
Even BRB isn't a high herald.

What are you talking about?

High herald is a termed opinion and you are acting as if it's fact. Superman isn't a high herald, there are plenty heralds above him.

Juntai
High herald is a termed opinion and you are acting as if it's fact. Superman isn't a high herald, there are plenty heralds above him. Superman is way above heralds.

80sBaby
you forgetting that he has ranged weapons or are you trying to ignore it?

I already covered this. Kon could simply disassemble Hercules' weapons.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Juntai
Superman is way above heralds.

He's below a few like Surfer, Supreme, Sentry, Mr. Majestic, Spawn, Runner, Anointed One, Blue Marvel, Hyperstorm, etc.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by 80sBaby
I already covered this. Kon could simply disassemble Hercules' weapons.

Has he ever used his TP in that way or is this theory?

80sBaby
Has he ever used his TP in that way or is this theory?

He easily ripped the cybernetics out of Grunge, as well as destroying the weapons of some prison guards. So yes, he's done it before.

Juntai
He's below a few like Surfer, Supreme, Sentry, Mr. Majestic, Spawn, Runner, Anointed One, Blue Marvel, Hyperstorm, etc. Nope.

Mindset
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Thor beat him hand to hand stick out tongue When?

Blue Area Vet
He easily ripped the cybernetics out of Grunge, as well as destroying the weapons of some prison guards. So yes, he's done it before.

Great, too bad he can't hurt Herc who is demonstrably stronger, more durable, more skills and astronomically more experienced.

80sBaby
Great, too bad he can't hurt Herc who is demonstrably stronger, more durable, more skills and astronomically more experienced.

He's hurt Supergirl and demolished MM, both of who are comparable to Hercules in terms of durability and strength. So...

CosmicComet
Superboy speed blitz him.

There is no argument otherwise.

I love Herc though.

deathslash
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Superboy speed blitz him.

There is no argument otherwise.

I love Herc though. who has he speed blitzed that's in herc's weight class? We all know that superman speed blitzing characters usually doesn't put them down, so I'm just wondering if superboy was ever successful with his.

SquallX

You make this way too easy Carver.

abhilegend
you forgetting that he has ranged weapons or are you trying to ignore it?
Like what? His sword which can't touch him?

abhilegend
He's below a few like Surfer, Supreme, Sentry, Mr. Majestic, Spawn, Runner, Anointed One, Blue Marvel, Hyperstorm, etc. Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
He's below a few like Surfer, Supreme, Sentry, Mr. Majestic, Spawn, Runner, Anointed One, Blue Marvel, Hyperstorm, etc.
Bwahaha.

abhilegend
who has he speed blitzed that's in herc's weight class? We all know that superman speed blitzing characters usually doesn't put them down, so I'm just wondering if superboy was ever successful with his.

Why would he need to speedblitz here? He oneshotted J'onn and incapacitated Supergirl with one TK blast.

Herc is toast here.

abhilegend
And for anybody interested, here is a weakened and dying Superboy ripping off an entire city and throwing it into space.

http://i.imgur.com/ZaEapCb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KawXkEa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nRPIvs7.jpg

Krypton was specifically stated to be so huge and gravity do powerful that no space travel was possible with rockets.

This is self explanatory.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22796622_Teen_Titans_2014-_-_Annual_001-030.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22796623_Teen_Titans_2014-_-_Annual_001-031.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22796624_Teen_Titans_2014-_-_Annual_001-032.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22796625_Teen_Titans_2014-_-_Annual_001-033.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22796626_Teen_Titans_2014-_-_Annual_001-034.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22796627_Teen_Titans_2014-_-_Annual_001-035.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22796628_Teen_Titans_2014-_-_Annual_001-036.jpg

80sBaby
Why would he need to speedblitz here? He oneshotted J'onn and incapacitated Supergirl with one TK blast.

Herc is toast here.

He didn't oneshot J'onn. Why must you lie?

Philosophía
He didn't oneshot J'onn. Why must you lie? Why does it matter if J'onn was out after the first punch, or the 3rd? He was in the fencing position, defenseless after the first.

It's the same J'onn who treated Apollo like this:
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2654309-2.png

DarkSaint85
That same Apollo was 'Superman-class', which I know carver likes the sound of.

Also, Thor vs Hercules:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHercules45.jpg

abhilegend
He didn't oneshot J'onn. Why must you lie?
J'onn was incapacitated with one punch.

He didn't even react to any other attack. What are you talking about?

80sBaby
Because words actually have meaning.

80sBaby
J'onn was incapacitated with one punch.

He didn't even react to any other attack. What are you talking about?

What you posted isn't a "oneshot." Period. Use your words correctly.

abhilegend
What you posted isn't a "oneshot." Period. Use your words correctly.
Yes, it is. J'onn was incapacitated in just one punch. Superboy followed up with a flurry of punches which were overkill.

J'onn didn't even react to any other punch. He was too busy being knocked out.
erm

80sBaby
Incorrect. The blitz was too fast for him to react to but he wasn't KOd in just one hit. You always use this term incorrectly to hype some feat.

Philosophía
He was in the fencing position. I'm sure you know what that is. If he could mount a defense, he would have. You might aswell call it a one-shot.

It's debating semantics, either way. Hercules is not faster than J'onn. If you say he couldn't react to Superboy, neither could Hercules.

abhilegend
Incorrect. The blitz was too fast for him to react to but he wasn't KOd in just one hit. You always use this term incorrectly to hype some feat.
Dude, at this point I don't even know what are you talking about.

What blitz?

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/22796626_Teen_Titans_2014-_-_Annual_001-034.jpg

J'onn is limp after one punch to the point he is not even offering any resistance. Kon follows with two more punches in the same position.

What a blitz!

CosmicComet
who has he speed blitzed that's in herc's weight class? We all know that superman speed blitzing characters usually doesn't put them down, so I'm just wondering if superboy was ever successful with his.

This is is an odd question.

Superboy has easily hurt people to say he can hurt Hercules.

He is also immensely fast enough to the point where Herc could never hit him if Superboy doesn't want to be hit, and that's enough to say he could wear Herc down over time.

In a fight, speed kills. You see what Ali did to people while only have a maybe 20% advantage in reflexes/speed? Superboy is...at least thousands of times faster than Herc, the guy that bullet-timer Spidey can dance around.

80sBaby
Dude, at this point I don't even know what are you talking about.

What blitz?

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/22796626_Teen_Titans_2014-_-_Annual_001-034.jpg

J'onn is limp after one punch to the point he is not even offering any resistance. Kon follows with two more punches in the same position.

What a blitz!

Um, multiple (as in more than 1) punches at high speed IS a blitz. Not sure how that's ar all confusing.

A "oneshot" is a single punch. Period. Not multiple ones.

80sBaby
Philo, I already said Superboy wins.

I'm debating abhi's incorrect usage of the term "oneshot," which he has a bad habit of.

Philosophía

I'm debating abhi's incorrect usage of the term "oneshot," which he has a bad habit of. Meh. Even if he wasn't out out after the first hit, it's as close as possible to that. I mean look at his body position and his incapacity to defend himself. You should be able to call this a one-shot and not bat an eye.

80sBaby
I, obviously, disagree.

abhilegend
Um, multiple (as in more than 1) punches at high speed IS a blitz. Not sure how that's ar all confusing.

A "oneshot" is a single punch. Period. Not multiple ones.
A blitz is a flurry of punches where the opposite character is unable to defend himself even though they are conscious.

Here Kon knocked J'onn out and followed up with some more attacks which were entirely meaningless as J'onn was already koed.

Surely you can see the difference. Originally posted by 80sBaby

I'm debating abhi's incorrect usage of the term "oneshot," which he has a bad habit of.
Dude, get off your high horse.

It's not my problem you can't see a ko when it's staring into your face.

DarkSaint85
Put it this way.

Martian Manhunter is a shapeshifter. Agree?

His shape is determined by his consciousness. Agree?

In that scan, after one punch, his face is deformed like melted candle wax. Agree?

Therefore, he has lost consciousness.

80sBaby
A blitz is a flurry of punches where the opposite character is unable to defend himself even though they are conscious.

Here Kon knocked J'onn out and followed up with some more attacks which were entirely meaningless as J'onn was already koed.

Surely you can see the difference.
Dude, get off your high horse.

It's not my problem you can't see a ko when it's staring into your face.

Except there's nothing proving J'onn was KO'd after the first punch.

Not my fault you constantly lie and misrepresent scans.

80sBaby
Put it this way.

Martian Manhunter is a shapeshifter. Agree?

His shape is determined by his consciousness. Agree?

In that scan, after one punch, his face is deformed like melted candle wax. Agree?

Therefore, he has lost consciousness.

J'onn doesn't turn into a pile of goo while knocked unconscious.

At best, he lost focus which would actually better explain his deformity.

DarkSaint85
J'onn doesn't turn into a pile of goo while knocked unconscious.

At best, he lost focus which would actually better explain his deformity.

He does when he loses control of himself.

Edit (after your addendum): and why would he lose focus when he's just been punched? Thinking about the shopping?

abhilegend
Yes, there is. Learn how to read.

Like I said, get off your high horse.

80sBaby
Yes, there is. Learn how to read.

Like I said, get off your high horse.

No there isn't.

Did you just learn that phrase?

80sBaby
He does when he loses control of himself.

Edit (after your addendum): and why would he lose focus when he's just been punched? Thinking about the shopping?

Because he was punched hard as hell. I'm not disputing that.

abhilegend
No there isn't.

Did you just learn that phrase?
So "No you"?

That's your whole response?

Yeah, learn to read.

abhilegend
Because he was punched hard as hell. I'm not disputing that.
And got incapacitated to the point he was unable to form any defense and limp on the floor.

Yeah, looks like he got oneshotted.

Philosophía
Why the hell is this even argued? What relevance does it if Superboy's punch got J'onn 99% knocked out, or 100%. Does that change the outcome of the thread?

80sBaby
So "No you"?

That's your whole response?

Yeah, learn to read.

Irony.

abhilegend
Well, 80sBaby has to oppose me. Somehow.

stephens2177
I would just add that superboy was talking while he was walking in the room where he beat the snot out of jonn,so NO it wasn't as blindsided as some here would lead others to believe.

Oh and it's been proven now that MM can NOT stand up to kryptonians,or pseudo kryptonians physically.

Philosophía
Originally posted by stephens2177
I would just add that superboy was talking while he was walking in the room where he beat the snot out of jonn,so NO it wasn't as blindsided as some here would lead others to believe.

Oh and it's been proven now that MM can NOT stand up to kryptonians,or pseudo kryptonians physically. Yeah, Zod also made the clear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.