Anakin skywalker vs general grievous sabers only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demenos
if skywalker only used force speed or any ability that would only help his dueling skills and no other force ability, could he have beat the general in a duel?

Zenwolf
Don't see why not.

Syndicate
Grievous imo.

EmperorSidious2
Yea but he couldn't be reckless but yea he could.

Trocity
Anakin wins.

FreshestSlice
Lulz. Obviously Anakin.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Syndicate
Grievous imo.
Explain this blasphemous statement in English, pls.

NTJack0
Anakin smashes him into the ground.

Kurk
This is why they never paired the two in TCW or movie tbh.

cs_zoltan
Grievous.

Mace couldn't outduel him, and Dooku only could because he held back his training to keep him from becoming a rival.

DarthAnt66
lmfao ^

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
lmfao ^

You are getting pathetic Ant, you should consider retiring.

Vorpal Ruin
Anakin would win.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by cs_zoltan

lmfao ^

FreshestSlice
I agree. Vader solos.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lmfao ^

Deronn_solo
LAL, Grievous got tooled by Ventress, and lost in a pretty convincing manner to Obi-Wan. Tell me why the living plot device who shat on Dooku, is losing here.

FreshestSlice
Because OCW is obviously still canon in Legends. All of it.

Deronn_solo
Too bad that greatness didn't pass over to his later incarnation----mainly the one that runs like a ***** when the going gets tough, and gets owned by some Jar-Jar's.

cs_zoltan
>Anakin has better force feats than Windu
>Windu couldn't beat the real Grievous in sabers only, while Grievous was hindered
>KMC thinks Mace would beat Anakin in all out (based on the poll)
>KMC thinks Anakin would beat Grievous in sabers only

Logic runs rampant here.

?v=zyltK6pmJGg

PS: Good job with the TCW lowballing DC thumb up

DarthAnt66
lmfao ^

Syndicate
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Explain this blasphemous statement in English, pls.

Grievous is physically superior and just as skilled.

Syndicate
Grievous.

Mace couldn't outduel him, and Dooku only could because he held back his training to keep him from becoming a rival.

+1

DarthAnt66
Syn, you generally know you're wrong when you agree with Zoltan, kek mmm

Syndicate
I like Zoltan and think Grievous is generally underrated.

DarthAnt66
I like Zoltan
http://rs1149.pbsrc.com/albums/o592/afrikanhub/Jordan_laughing.gif~c200

FreshestSlice
I like CZ. He gets me to laugh no matter how hard the day is. I mean it's at him, but I'm still laughing.

DarthAnt66
LMFAO. thumb up laughing

EmperorSidious2
Grievous.

Mace couldn't outduel him, and Dooku only could because he held back his training to keep him from becoming a rival. laughing out loud

Dooku did because he was just better and yes I've seen the quote saying that but it doesn change the fact Dooku is just better.

Syndicate
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
laughing out loud

Dooku did because he was just better and yes I've seen the quote saying that but it doesn change the fact Dooku is just better.

Imo Dooku > Grievous = Mace.

As it's shown meaning Dooku > Mace which was an opinion I already held.

Then there's the fact that Dooku knew Grievous's fighting style intimately.

FreshestSlice
That's got to be the dumbest thing said yet when taking into account what you said before that.

Syndicate
Apparently it's dumber to think Dooku is more skilled and equal in speed to Anakin ( according to Wolf at least ).

FreshestSlice
Thinking Dooku is comparable to Anakin when he got trashed is also pretty dumb, yeah.

Syndicate
Well I guess I'm all sorts of controversial then.

ares834
Grievous.

http://i.imgur.com/YCK8EDZ.gif

Syndicate
Originally posted by ares834
http://i.imgur.com/YCK8EDZ.gif

Would you like the quotes?

ares834
No thanks.

nevWCrGnlMM

I already know the outcome of this duel. smile

Deronn_solo
Grievous is physically superior and just as skilled.

No, he isn't, on both faucet's.

FreshestSlice
"I don't like that hand, so I'm going to just casually cut it off for the billionth time." Obi-Wan

Syndicate
No thanks.

nevWCrGnlMM

I already know the outcome of this duel. smile

So I see you're going to ignore all evidence showing that Grievous improved vastly in skill by LoE and RotS in favor of TCW Grievous's showings? Also seemingly ignoring context.

Syndicate
No, he isn't, on both faucet's.

Yes he is. What now?

ares834
So I see you're going to ignore all evidence showing that Grievous improved vastly in skill by LoE and RotS in favor of TCW Grievous's showings? Also seemingly ignoring context.

Context? He was struggling against a Gungan,

And improving "vastly in skill" really helped him against Kenobi...

Deronn_solo
Just point to the fact Anakin was stated to be superior to Obi-Wan in skill per the one who comes up with the stunts and choreographs the duels in RotS---you know, that same Obi-Wan who creamed GG? Or, I can point to the fact GG has repeatedly lost to Dooku in spars, and Anakin pretty much anally penetrated Dooku, sans the vaseline in Revenge of the Sith?
Lets not forget the getting his(GG) shit pushed in by Ventress and losing to a bunch of Jar-Jar's? Grievous isn't beating Anakin, and it's borderline disgusting to suggest such a thing.

FreshestSlice
Flicka de wrist. 'Cause he's so skilled.

Syndicate
Context? He was struggling against a Gungan,

And improving "vastly in skill" really helped him against Kenobi...

Struggling? I don't see him struggling in the slightest.

Who had a form advantage and imo is just as skilled as Mace.

Syndicate
Just point to the fact Anakin was stated to be superior to Obi-Wan in skill per the one who comes up with the stunts and choreographs the duels in RotS---you know, that same Obi-Wan who creamed GG? Or, I can point to the fact GG has repeatedly lost to Dooku in spars, and Anakin pretty much anally penetrated Dooku, sans the vaseline in Revenge of the Sith?
Lets not forget the getting his(GG) shit pushed in by Ventress and losing to a bunch if Jar-Jar's? Grievous isn't beating Anakin, and it's borderline disgusting to suggest such a thing.

The same Obi Wan who's form is perfectly suited to fighting GG and who imo is more skilled then Anakin.

He gave Dooku a challenge but yes he is less skilled then him though it's noteworthy that Dooku actually DIDN'T teach him all he could as a precaution meaning he probably could equal or surpass Dooku in skill.

Anakin who was rage amped by Dooku's failed Dun Moch and Sidious encouraging the Dark Side within him. Not to mention having a form advantage over him and being physically superior.

A DS nexus amped Ventress and a pre prime Grievous.

Deronn_solo
Syndi is borderline AIDS to debate against-----I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth it, given his Top-LAL worthy comments.

DarthAnt66
How did Kenobi have a form advantage against Grievous?

DarthAnt66
Syndi is borderline AIDS to debate against-----I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth it, given his Top-LAL worthy comments.
@Syn: Hating Zoltan provides protection against insults like these, tbh.

Syndicate

It's stated in the RotS novelization that Kenobi and his form are optimized to fight Grievous.

Syndicate

Hey DC. Want to return the favor I did for you the other day?

DarthAnt66
It's stated in the RotS novelization that Kenobi and his form are optimized to fight Grievous.
Quote?

Grievous is skilled in all forms, and can change depending on the circumstance and opponent.

Syndicate
@Syn: Hating Zoltan provides protection against insults like these, tbh.

Why do I give a shit about the insults of somebody who can't be bothered to write up a single CAV response? Someone who's content to rest on their laurels for the rest of their career? xD

FreshestSlice
Because it gave him the knowledge to know you cut the other guy in a duel.

Syndicate
Quote?

Grievous is skilled in all forms, and can change depending on the circumstance and opponent.

I don't have the book and thus I don't have the quote but I hope you can trust me when I say that Mace spoke to Obi Wan beforehand and essentially said this to him. If anybody could back this up or post the quote I'd be grateful.

FreshestSlice
That isn't what Mace said. He just claimed Kenobi was better than him because he only used one form. He also said Kenobi was literally the only one who could defeat Grievous. So, a bunch of bullshit.

Syndicate
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
That isn't what Mace said. He just claimed Kenobi was better than him because he only used one form. He also said Kenobi was literally the only one who could defeat Grievous. So, a bunch of bullshit.

Exactly! Thank you Freshest. smile

He's literally the only one that could defeat Grievous meaning he's perfectly suited to fighting Grievous because of his form and fighting style.

Syndicate
Exactly! Thank you Freshest. smile

He's literally the only one that could defeat Grievous meaning he's perfectly suited to fighting Grievous because of his form and fighting style.

Actually this is even better. Since Obi Wan was literally the only one that could defeat Grievous at that point according to Mace... :3

FreshestSlice
Obi-Wan goes on to say literally every Jedi knows his form. You ****ed up, son.

Syndicate
Obi-Wan goes on to say literally every Jedi knows his form. You ****ed up, son.

Excuse me? Care to elaborate.

Deronn_solo
Someone who's content to rest on their laurels for the rest of their career? xD
The fact I earned the right to be content with my position, speaks volumes for my reputation, no?

Syndicate
The fact I earned the right to be contempt with my position, speaks volumes for my reputation, no?

content*

Deronn_solo
Oh, right. The point still stands, though. Me am a legend on the Vine, broski.

Syndicate
Did it even take that much to become a legend on the Vine back then?

I mean JediXMan was seen as one of the best debaters at the time. Lol.

Syndicate
I am*

FreshestSlice
Excuse me? Care to elaborate.
That was a pretty straightforward statement.

Syndicate
That was a pretty straightforward statement.

I'm not sure if you're trying to say every Jedi knows Soresu. Because if you are that makes me believe that there's a quote somewhere that says so which is in some way related to blast deflection and thus has no relevance to the current debate but then I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and offer you the chance to elaborate/withdraw your statement so as not to embarrass yourself.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Kurk
This is why they never paired the two in TCW or movie tbh.

No they never paired the two because in ROTS Grievous says 'I was expecting you to be older'.

As for this fight.

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.16 published an Infinities version of "ARC Troopers" in which the Battle of Kamino is depicted differently. In that version, Skywalker confronts General Grievous on an outer landing platform, while Obi-Wan Kenobi intercepts Ventress at the DNA archive room. During his duel with Ventress, Kenobi slices off her right arm and Force-pushes her other lightsaber out of reach, allowing her to be taken prisoner by a squad of Advanced Recon Commandos. Meanwhile, Skywalker fiercely duels Grievous and eventually manages to sever all four of his mechanical arms, and the cyborg is taken into custody alongside Ventress. Following the battle, Grievous refuses to submit to Jedi interrogation and is imprisoned by the Jedi High Council in the deepest level of the galactic capital of Coruscant, left in his dismembered state. The Jedi Council also attempts to bring Ventress back into the light, seeing if they can purge her anger so that she might be able to offer intelligence on Count Dooku's Sith Master, Darth Sidious."

Sounds about white.

Syndicate
Because we all know white = right. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Deronn_solo
I was not even a legend during JXM and Silver's time. They literally ruled 2 years before I did. So nah, you're wrong.

Syndicate
I was not even a legend during JXM and Silver's time. They literally ruled 2 years before I did. So nah, you're wrong.

I've seen you post in some of those older threads. So I guess you were just an unknown there for a few years.

FreshestSlice
I'm not sure if you're trying to say every Jedi knows Soresu. Because if you are that makes me believe that there's a quote somewhere that says so which is in some way related to blast deflection and thus has no relevance to the current debate but then I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and offer you the chance to elaborate/withdraw your statement so as not to embarrass yourself.
You have become chilled monkey. Congratulations.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You have become chilled monkey. Congratulations.

Deronn_solo
I've seen you post in some of those older threads. So I guess you were just an unknown there for a few years.
Yeah, out of my 5 years on the Vine, I was pretty shit for 2 of them.

Syndicate
Well according to the "gr8's" I'm still shit so don't feel too bad.

Deronn_solo
Dat's because your logic is more toxic than Ricin.

Syndicate
Can't help it.

Deronn_solo
Sure you can. Just stop being as dense as a singularity, and drop the retard act, and you're good. ^.^

Syndicate
It's no act. This is how my thought process works.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You leave out a variety of variables in your thought process, then.

carthage
Grievous pulls a Bane

cs_zoltan

You call this a debate? All you do is spew out of context bullshit and spam TCW lowballing. Pretty pathetic.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lord Stark
No they never paired the two because in ROTS Grievous says 'I was expecting you to be older'.

As for this fight.

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.16 published an Infinities version of "ARC Troopers" in which the Battle of Kamino is depicted differently. In that version, Skywalker confronts General Grievous on an outer landing platform, while Obi-Wan Kenobi intercepts Ventress at the DNA archive room. During his duel with Ventress, Kenobi slices off her right arm and Force-pushes her other lightsaber out of reach, allowing her to be taken prisoner by a squad of Advanced Recon Commandos. Meanwhile, Skywalker fiercely duels Grievous and eventually manages to sever all four of his mechanical arms, and the cyborg is taken into custody alongside Ventress. Following the battle, Grievous refuses to submit to Jedi interrogation and is imprisoned by the Jedi High Council in the deepest level of the galactic capital of Coruscant, left in his dismembered state. The Jedi Council also attempts to bring Ventress back into the light, seeing if they can purge her anger so that she might be able to offer intelligence on Count Dooku's Sith Master, Darth Sidious."

Sounds about white.

Great Scott!

That would so screw up the timeline!

Beniboybling
The passage concerning Kenobi's form being ideal to fight Grievous, for those interested:

Before Obi-Wan had left Coruscant, Mace Windu had told him of facing Grievous in single combat atop a mag-lev train during the general's daring raid to capture Palpatine. Mace had told him how the computers slaved to Grievous's brain had apparently analyzed even Mace's unconventionally lethal Vaapad and had been able to respond in kind after a single exchange.

"He must have been trained by Count Dooku," Mace had said, "so you can expect Makashi as well; given the number of Jedi he has fought and slain, you must expect that he can attack in any style, or all of them. In fact, Obi-Wan, I believe that of all living Jedi, you have the best chance to defeat him."

This pronouncement had startled Obi-Wan, and he had protested. After all, the only form in which he was truly even proficient was Soresu, which was the most common lightsaber form in the Jedi Order. Founded upon the basic deflection principles all Padawans were taught-to enable them to protect themselves from blaster bolts-Soresu was very simple, and so restrained and defense-oriented that it was very nearly downright passive.

"But surely, Master Windu," Obi-Wan had said, "you, with the power of Vaapad-or Yoda's mastery of Ataro-"

Mace Windu had almost smiled. "I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light. Master Yoda's Ataro is also an answer to weakness: the limitations of reach and mobility imposed by his stature and his age. But for you? What weakness does Soresu answer?"

Blinking, Obi-Wan had been forced to admit he'd never actually thought of it that way.

"That is so like you, Master Kenobi," the Korun Master had said, shaking his head. "I am called a great swordsman because I invented a lethal style; but who is greater, the creator of a killing form-or the master of the classic form?"

"I'm very flattered that you would consider me a master, but really-"

"Not a master. The master," Mace had said. "Be who you are, and Grievous will never defeat you."

So now, facing the tornado of annihilating energy that is Grievous's attack, Obi-Wan simply is who he is.

The electrodrivers powering Grievous's mechanical arms let each of the four attack thrice in a single second; integrated by combat algorithms in the bio-droid's electronic network of peripheral processors, each of the twelve strikes per second came from a different angle with different speed and intensity, an unpredictably broken rhythm of slashes, chops, and stabs of which every single one could take Obi-Wan's life. Not one touched him.

After all, he had often walked unscathed through hornet-swarms of blasterfire, defended only by the Force's direction of his blade; countering twelve blows per second was only difficult, not impossible. His blade wove an intricate web of angles and curves, never truly fast but always just fast enough, each motion of his lightsaber subtly interfering with three or four or eight of the general's strikes, the rest sizzling past him, his precise, minimal shifts of weight and stance slipping them by centimeters.

Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-sixteen per second, eighteen-until finally, at twenty strikes per second, he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense. So Obi-Wan used his defense to attack. A subtle shift in the angle of a single parry brought Obi-Wan's blade in contact not with the blade of the oncoming lightsaber, but with the handgrip. -slice-

The blade winked out of existence a hairbreadth before it would have burned through Obi-Wan's forehead. Half the severed lightsaber skittered away, along with the duranium thumb and first finger of the hand that had held it.

From what I gather, Kenobi's form was perfectly suited to fighting Grievous because it had no weaknesses the General could exploit. Whereas Kenobi's sheer defensive capabilities was able to deflect Grievous' flurry of attacks as he would blaster bolts, while shifting the angle of his parries to cut off Grievous' limbs.

Anakin being a better duelist to Kenobi, not giving him access to any of the above techniques. In fact Windu basically states that Kenobi would have a better chance of beating him than Anakin.

Darth Thor
Well Djem So's focus is also on deflecting attacks. Plus Windu stated Kenobi had a better chance of defeating Grievous than him or Yoda, which is clearly false.

Anakin would out duel Grievous and/or crush him with Tk.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well Djem So's focus is also on deflecting attacks.Not really, Djem So's focus in on offense. ermIn Canon perhaps, but the main point is that Soresu is a very effective counter against Grievous, especially for Windu to make such a claim.I don't necessarily disagree, only pointing out that Anakin > Kenobi > Grievous is faulty ABC logic, and that Anakin would likely have a harder time of it. For the record though this is sabers only.

EmperorSidious2
Well Djem So's focus is also on deflecting attacks. Plus Windu stated Kenobi had a better chance of defeating Grievous than him or Yoda, which is clearly false.

Anakin would out duel Grievous and/or crush him with Tk.

I think he meant in terms of that Soresu would be better suited for someone with grevious' capabilities instead of a really aggressive style like Ataru or Vaapad. But I'm with you on that Djem So/Shien would have been the next best choice. Then Shi Cho IMO.

Deronn_solo
You call this a debate? All you do is spew out of context bullshit and spam TCW lowballing. Pretty pathetic.

Are you all out of Tampons, bro? 'Cause the way you're bleeding all over me right now, is pretty phucking comical.

Anakin > the one who got creamed by Ventress.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I think he meant in terms of that Soresu would be better suited for someone with grevious' capabilities instead of a really aggressive style like Ataru or Vaapad. But I'm with you on that Djem So/Shien would have been the next best choice. Then Shi Cho IMO. I would think Makashi would be the next best choice, for its deflective capabilities, precision and as the chief dueling form.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Not really, Djem So's focus in on offense. erm
Nope, it's about strong counters and using an opponents attacks against them, Soresu made to attack. Even if you want to claim it isn't, Canon has made it so. Time to move on.

Beniboybling
True, but my point is that it doesn't appear nearly as developed in defense/deflection as Soresu, or even Makashi. Which isn't entirely surprising as for Djem So deflection is just a means of facilitating an offense.

FreshestSlice
Which wasn't DP'a point at all. Not that you even need Soresu to take on Grievous. Windy was talking out of his ass. Again.

Syndicate
Thank you Beni. Unfortunately I didn't have access to the quote.

Syndicate
You leave out a variety of variables in your thought process, then.

Can you tell me what I'm leaving out?

FreshestSlice
A brain.

Syndicate
A brain.

I'm actually trying to understand where I'm making a mistake and trying to become more knowledgeable and I'd appreciate your help rather then your insults.

FreshestSlice
If you were actually trying to become more knowledgeable, you wouldn't be asking SKILLZ, who hasn't offered actual knowledge in a long time.

Syndicate
Or maybe it's the simple fact that you can't counter any of the points that have been made and you keep yourself from having to reply by acting disdainful.

That's at least how it appears to me. But hey according to you and the rest of the people refusing to directly respond to me I'm wrong quite a bit. Maybe it's the same here.

Syndicate
If you were actually trying to become more knowledgeable, you wouldn't be asking SKILLZ, who hasn't offered actual knowledge in a long time.

More then you tbh.

FreshestSlice
The fact that you replied twice, in anger, only makes me stronger.

Beniboybling
Syndicate be realising how KMC operates. smileOriginally posted by FreshestSlice
Which wasn't DP'a point at all. Not that you even need Soresu to take on Grievous. Windy was talking out of his ass. Again. *shrug* Fair enough, I think Anakin can take this tbh.

DarthAnt66
Better than CV and SWTOR? Yeah.

And damn, Freshest completely ANNIHILATED Beni.

Beniboybling
Lol, cba to deal with your saltiness.

DarthAnt66
The saltiness comeback was clever the 0th time you said it in early 2015.

Now like eight months later, it's becoming a trademark of your debating failures.

FreshestSlice
I can work with this one. Mold him in my image before destroying him utterly. NewGuy is not worthy enough a master.

DarthAnt66
>implying i havent already destroyed beni utterly and remade him into the homeless guy you would find rumbling through the trash in downtown chicago

Deronn_solo
Or maybe it's the simple fact that you can't counter any of the points that have been made

No good points have been made besides Mace's retarded comments, and the fact that GG has potential to be a legit threat, to someone Anakin has creamed on mutiple occasions (Dooku).

TheNuisanceBird

Oooooo. Shouldn't have said that.

FreshestSlice
>implying i havent already destroyed beni utterly and remade him into the homeless guy you would find rumbling through the trash in downtown chicago
I will do to Beni as Sidious did to Vader, only with significantly less penetration.

cs_zoltan
No good points have been made besides Mace's retarded comments, and the fact that GG has potential to be a legit threat, to someone Anakin has creamed on mutiple occasions (Dooku).

Mace's retarded comments > your retarded comments tbh.

Deronn_solo
Except, my statement is backed by facts, while Mace's is only backed by you and Syndi in this thread, which I must say--- isn't exactly the ideal representatives of anything Star Wars relatated.

FreshestSlice
Straight for the jugular. I like it.

Beniboybling
The saltiness comeback was clever the 0th time you said it in early 2015.

Now like eight months later, it's becoming a trademark of your debating failures. It wasn't a comeback, I'm just bored of you. smile

Galan007

Anakin would out duel Grievous and/or crush him with Tk. thumb up

It's also worth noting that Grievous' 20 strikes/second(!!!) outright overwhelmed Kenobi's defenses... It was only when he switched into an offense-oriented attack that he started gaining the advantage. Soresu's defense was not enough.

Mace am idiot. thumb up

cs_zoltan
Except, my statement is backed by facts, while Mace's is only backed by you and Syndi in this thread, which I must say--- isn't exactly the ideal representatives of anything Star Wars relatated.

If by facts you mean horrible ABC logic and TCW lowballing then sure.

Deronn_solo
Truth: GG was creamed by Ventress. Truth: GG lost convincingly to Obi-Wan. Truth: GG, at best can only press Dooku, but never win. Truth: GG lost to Jar-Jar's. Truth: Mace Windu's statements is bullshit, as it underlines that Obi-Wan's stands a better chance at beating GG than even Yoda. Truth: Dave has gone on record saying GG is meant to lose to any Jedi Council member. Truth: GG has lost to phucking Eeth Koth if it wasn't for his Magnaguards. Truth: GG has lost to Kit Fisto.

Fact: Anakin has defeated/stalemated Dooku numerous times in the past, even completely trashing him during RotS. Fact: Anakin has repeatedly taken it to Ventress, before becoming far more powerful, and hitting his prime in RotS. Fact: Nick Gillard as gone on record saying Anakin is > Obi-Wan; going as far as ranking him a full tier above him. Fact: Anakin has none of the embarrassing losess GG sports.

The silver lining to all this you say? How in the figgity phuck is Anakin losing to GG taking all of the above into consideration

Galan007
Truth: GG was creamed by Ventress. Truth: GG lost convincingly to Obi-Wan. Truth: GG, at best can only press Dooku, but never win. Truth: GG lost to Jar-Jar's. Truth: Mace Windu's statements is bullshit, as it underlines that Obi-Wan's stands a better chance at beating GG than even Yoda. Truth: Dave has gone on record saying GG is meant to lose to any Jedi Council member. Truth: GG has lost to phucking Eeth Koth if it wasn't for his Magnaguards. Truth: GG has lost to Kit Fisto. thumb up

The notion that Grievous cannot straight-up defeat upper-echelon Jedi with skill alone was hinted at when he was very first introduced, during the CW animated series...

Dooku: "If you are to succeed in combat against the best of the Jedi, you must have fear, surprise, and intimidation on your side. For if any one element is lacking, it would be best for you to retreat. You must break them before you engage them. Only then will you ensure victory, and have your trophies."

Syndicate
Truth is that GG stalemated Mace.

Truth is that Ventress beat pre prime GG on a DS Nexus in a medium that sought to completely undermind GG as any sort of threat.

Truth is that Obi Wan was perfectly suited to fighting against Grievous.

Truth is that Dooku didn't want to teach Grievous anymore then he already had for fear of him becoming a rival or superior.

Truth is you can't debate for shit.

Emperordmb
Yeah Ventress vs Grievous doesn't count for shit because Ventress was totally amped X10, amirite guyz?

Deronn_solo
I like when people make the nexus excuse. Unless it was stated within the story it increased ones power by a significant amount, I'm going to assume it was a micro increase at best.

Syndicate
And you're free to hold that view.

Deronn_solo
Temporary. I'm pretty sure had the match continued, GG would have lost. Besides, one feat doesn't undermined getting beat by Ventress, Koth, and Fisto. Nice try though, sweety. ^-^

A nexus won't increase ones skill, neither would it particularly make up for the way he was creamed had he been a clear cut superior without the amp. All I see are excuses----which are only good for the one that's using them.

You mean the CANON source, that not only takes place after the often over-exaggerated sources from where GG pulls a lot of his shit from, but also overrides it canonically? Cry about the source all you like; I don't care--- it's canon, and it happen. Also, prove GG increased in skill over that relatively short period of time.

I don't care, LAL. GG isn't the only to go against someone that held an form advantage over him. You don't just lose to a supposed inferior opponent because of it.

Here is where you inner retard shows; who cares a flying ****? What does GG's potential has to do with the here and the now? Who cares how skilled he could have been had he taught him everything? The fact of the matter is, GG as is, isn't anything more than a solid challange for Dooku, that can legit push him sometimes per LoE.

I'm going to ignore that little jab at the end, because your fustration is adorable. ^.^

Emperordmb
I'm sorry but GG was not "creamed" or easily overcome by Ventress on Dathomir, it clearly took a lot from Ventress to beat him.

Deronn_solo
Well, he lost in under 50 seconds or so, so I won't say it's the closes of matches. Regardless, I'm not in the business to argue semantics, so fair enough.

Syndicate
Temporary. I'm pretty sure had the match continued, GG would have lost. Besides, one feat doesn't undermined getting beat by Ventress, Koth, and Fisto. Nice try though, sweety. ^-^

A nexus won't increase ones skill, neither would it particularly make up for the way he was creamed had he been a clear cut superior without the amp. All I see are excuses----which are only good for the one that's using them.

You mean the CANON source, that not only takes place after the often over-exaggerated sources from where GG pulls a lot of his shit from, but also overrides it canonically? Cry about the source all you like; I don't care--- it's canon, and it happen. Also, prove GG increased in skill over that relatively short period of time.

I don't care, LAL. GG isn't the only to go against someone that held an form advantage over him. You don't just lose to a supposed inferior opponent because of it.

Here is where you inner retard shows; who cares a flying ****? What does GG's potential has to do with the here and the now? Who cares how skilled he could have been had he taught him everything? The fact of the matter is, GG as is, isn't anything more than a solid challange for Dooku, that can legit push him sometimes per LoE.

I'm going to ignore that little jab at the end, because your fustration is adorable. ^.^

Ventress amped by a DS nexus and Fisto having a form that's well suited to fighting an opponent like Grievous with multiple arms. Explain the Koth one to me.

It will increase their connection to the force and thus their augmentation. Ventress at the time was apparently Grievous's equal in skill and the nexus allowed her to keep up with the general physically thus allowing her to beat him.

Which is fine and something I've fit in to how I view CW era characters. Grievous improved as he was able to stalemate Mace by LoE but lost or stalemated to the characters you mentioned in TCW ( despite or maybe because of the circumstances ). Thus a skill increase. The only thing that matters is that Grievous was able to equal Mace by his prime.

Obi Wan is equally skilled to Grievous so the form advantage pushes it over the edge. Obi Wan = Grievous = Mace ( in skill ) imo.

It shows that Grievous while below Dooku specifically may not be below other characters on that level who don't have the advantage of being the instructor ( knowing their student's fighting style and being able to withhold the information they want ) over him.

You're ignorance is infuriating.

FreshestSlice
KMC: Sides in Space coming this January

Deronn_solo
Top-LAL.

DarthAnt66
KMC: Sides in Space coming this January
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4aBAP9Y2cM&t=5m12s

Deronn_solo
...after watching the Vikings choke up, I'm virtually speechless. I'll get to ur post tomorrow sometimes, DD.

DarthAnt66
which means never ^

Syndicate
which means never ^

+1

Deronn_solo
This isn't a CAV, so nah.

Syndicate
This isn't a CAV, so nah.

xD True enough.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
...after watching the Vikings choke up, I'm virtually speechless.

LMFAO THE VIKINGS DUDE

Deronn_solo
.......I mean, how do u physically hook a 29 yard game winner..........

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
poor, poor AP...

FreshestSlice
LMFAO THE VIKINGS DUDE

Deronn_solo
They arguably chocked harder than the Bengals....

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Aaron is the GOAT, though.

Deronn_solo
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.