Will Snoke be able to summon Force lightning?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Since Snoke is the new Palpatine, will he able to cast Force lightning even though he isn't a Sith

Vorpal Ruin
Yes, he most likely will be able to use force lightening.

queeq
Why do so many people want to see the same stuff all over. I hope he has some new trick.

quanchi112
Originally posted by queeq
Why do so many people want to see the same stuff all over. I hope he has some new trick. thumb up

juggernaut74
Isn't Force Lightning some high end Sith power? Palpatine was one of the only darksiders I've seen use it.

Zenwolf
Jugg,Dooku was also able to use it.

juggernaut74
Yep, forgot Dooku uses it quite often.

queeq
Even Yoda knew how to handle it.

Bashar Teg
Why do so many people want to see the same stuff all over. I hope he has some new trick.

new tricks would be great, but you cant have dark jedi without force lightning. that's like waffles with no maple syrup.

Darth Thor

Wasn't that the point of TFA? Same old, same old..

StiltmanFTW
I'd like to see Force Drain for the first time in a movie instead of FL.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/1e/Force_Drain.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090820152913

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Wasn't that the point of TFA? Same old, same old..

why dont you start a blog and tell the world about how you feel TFA was unoriginal. the people need to know.

juggernaut74
Even Yoda knew how to handle it. Yep, so did Kenobi and Mace iirc.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yep, so did Kenobi and Mace iirc.

Kenobi and Mace blocked it with their sabers...

Yoda used Force Absorption with his bare hands - or whatever you'd like to call it - and was able not only to absorb FL, but to redirect it back at the opponent, too.

juggernaut74
Now that I think about it didn't Dooku redirect it also?

It did appear that Yoda absorb the Force lightning though and almost looked like he actually projected his own.

StiltmanFTW
Yes, he did. After Yoda redirected it back at him, Dooku deflected it so it hit the wall or something.

Dooku was really uber.

Galan007
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Since Snoke is the new Palpatine, will he able to cast Force lightning even though he isn't a Sith Sith is just a title that represents one faction of dark side users. It does not represent the entirety of the dark side, however.

This is important because Snoke is a dark side user--he simply doesn't identify strictly as Sith, is all. That said, as long as he's strong enough with the force/dark side, FL should certainly be within his ability to manifest. It is, after all, a dark side ability.

juggernaut74
Yep, Inquisitors are not Sith but are powerful in the ways of the darkside.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
why dont you start a blog and tell the world about how you feel TFA was unoriginal. the people need to know.

Your inability to handle criticisms of this movie after spending years insulting the prequels and Lucas himself is just laughable at this point.

Don't expect me to reply every time you harass me btw. Because it's getting kind of creepy tbh. LOL Funny, but Creepy.

Galan007
Yep, Inquisitors are not Sith but are powerful in the ways of the darkside. Same with the Nightsisters. Mother Talzin, for example, was right up there with Palpatine in terms of power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
why dont you start a blog and tell the world about how you feel TFA was unoriginal. the people need to know. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
I think so, its too iconic a Force power to not include. However I agree with Queeq that is would be nice to see something new.

A Force drain talent would be nice, and maybe midicholrian manipulation healing talents if he's Plagueis. wink

queeq
Whatever... I think Force Lightning has been overused in the saga already.

Beniboybling
The same could be said of telekinesis, or lightsabers...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Beniboybling

Exactly, it's a standard power. The only difference is it's one only used by Darksiders.

quanchi112
I think so, its too iconic a Force power to not include. However I agree with Queeq that is would be nice to see something new.

A Force drain talent would be nice, and maybe midicholrian manipulation healing talents if he's Plagueis. wink thumb up

queeq
You like the Plageuis theory?

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Since Snoke is the new Palpatine, will he able to cast Force lightning even though he isn't a Sith

He's not palpatine.....

Maybe he can make himself invisible by putting on the ring......

C-3POTheClever
Isn't Force Lightning some high end Sith power? Palpatine was one of the only darksiders I've seen use it.

No! Darth Tyranus used it too.

C-3POTheClever

It really wouldn't feel like Star Wars without lightsabers.

C-3POTheClever
Would anyone else like to see him use red force lightening as a change from purple/blue?

queeq
Uhh.... no.

Well, yes lightsabers is SW, but overusing them is a bit sad. It loses its effect, ya know, the Law of Diminishing Returns...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Would anyone else like to see him use red force lightening as a change from purple/blue?

Red Force Lightning is Force Drain.

Beniboybling
Uhh.... no.

Well, yes lightsabers is SW, but overusing them is a bit sad. It loses its effect, ya know, the Law of Diminishing Returns... Force Lightning has be used by a total of three people in Canon, and appears in 3 out of 7 movies. It's hardly overused. erm

queeq
Well, that is true. Yet... it has been used three times. Just like they destroyed a Death Star three times... I don't need to see that again, either.

juggernaut74
Force Lightning has be used by a total of three people in Canon, and appears in 3 out of 7 movies. It's hardly overused. erm Sidious, Dooku, who is the 3rd? That force dude from the Clone Wars?

JediRobin23
Well, that is true. Yet... it has been used three times. Just like they destroyed a Death Star three times... I don't need to see that again, either.

Yes, let's hope the Starkiller base is not partially rebuilt with a ground energy shield in episode 9. Han ain't around to destroy it....

queeq
laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Sidious, Dooku, who is the 3rd? That force dude from the Clone Wars? Mother Talzin.

ares834

queeq
Amen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.