State of the Union

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Obama will leave us ten trillion more in debt.

How will he explain this tonight?

He lost the house and the senate during his second term.

America does not approve.

Bardock42
I don't think he will frame it in the way you would like. And about half of America approves of his presidency.

Time-Immemorial
He's lost 11 governor seats and both the house and senate.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't think he will frame it in the way you would like. And about half of America approves of his presidency.

47%...yeah, that's about half.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

Tattoos N Scars
The speech definitely will not be as good as the Alabama-Clemson game last night!

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

He lost the house and the senate during his second term.

America does not approve.

Probably around the lines of. "I'm Rich , and I did it by FUDGING all of you up the bung hole. Thanks a Lot for being STUPID"

Or some such.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by dadudemon
47%...yeah, that's about half.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

Pretty standard stuff.

|King Joker|
That was a pretty great SotU.

Q99
Pretty solid, normal stuff. Calls for tolerance, general posivity, etc..

I bet a lot of conservatives are disappointed he didn't take the opportunity to declare himself Emperor for Life like they're sure he would wink

TL;DR: Those who complain about the debt don't know how the economy works.

Full:

Well, gigantic economic collapse raised debt for pretty much everyone, and everyone who did austerity ended up in debt and didn't have their unemployment cut in half like we did.

In debt-as-percentage-of-GDP terms, this, btw, is notably below the record high for the US. How it was handled then was.... ignore it, let the economy outgrow it, and continuing to spend on the country's infrastructure, which they did to great success.

Debt this size is not that big a concern to a country our size, certainly not an immediate concern.

It's also a sign how things have improved- people used to attack employment or GDP. Both of those have gotten a lot better, so now they need to fall on debt- one of the tools used to fix the two prior, higher priority ones.

Do I take it from your complaints that you'd rather have higher unemployment and lower GDP than high debt?

Though no matter what, the debt would've gone up, as attempts to cut debt during a crisis show, as lowering spending lowers GDP and revenue and ends up costing more in revenue than the amount saved by spending cuts.... history has shown that, and not just history, but the actions of many countries in the last few years.

Henry_Pym
Pelosi staring at her watch, Biden napping/facepalm or the Joint Chiefs not acknowledging the potus

Which was your favorite part?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Q99
Pretty solid, normal stuff. Calls for tolerance, general posivity, etc..

I bet a lot of conservatives are disappointed he didn't take the opportunity to declare himself Emperor for Life like they're sure he would wink

He still has a year.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by |King Joker|
That was a pretty great SotU.

It was a good speech, he didn't ramble on manliness rhetoric.

Well see how the rest of the year goes.

Flyattractor
But he did ramble on with Marxist rhetoric.

Tzeentch
I doubt your intelligent enough to recognize Marxist rhetoric when you see it.

Q99
Originally posted by Flyattractor
He still has a year.

It's disappointing that despite the fact he never ends up evil like they say, we'll never get a proper, "Nooo, he wasn't planning on becoming immortal god king after all!"

Nephthys
He just never managed to get the peoples guns away quickly enough. He musta known that if he tried anything all the patriots woulda risen up for freedom!

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I doubt your intelligent enough to recognize Marxist rhetoric when you see it. you can see speech, you must be real intelligent.

Robtard
figure. of. speech.

Anyhow, was a decent speech overall, didn't catch all of it though.

Time-Immemorial
He went back to his "ISIS is no threat"

Crap.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys
He just never managed to get the peoples guns away quickly enough. He musta known that if he tried anything all the patriots woulda risen up for freedom!

I thought that was what happened under Bill Clinton? wink

I find the Emperor Obama narrative funny.

1- Obama does a lot early in his term.

2- Obstructionism takes over, he gets called useless and do-nothing.

3- The opponents try using authority they don't remotely have to stop what Obama already did.

4- The stuff done in the beginning bears fruit, while Obama does small stuff using long-used-by-every-president-authority that's much smaller than his early actions.

5- Opponents call him an Emperor exceeding his authority.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Q99
It's disappointing that despite the fact he never ends up evil like they say, we'll never get a proper, "Nooo, he wasn't planning on becoming immortal god king after all!"

It will be interesting to see how he deals with not being the One in the Spotlight after he has to go off and be a Still Better then Q99 Citizen.

Q99
Originally posted by Flyattractor
It will be interesting to see how he deals with not being the One in the Spotlight after he has to go off and be a Still Better then Q99 Citizen.

Good question, I could see him being a Jimmy Carter-type and doing a lot post-presidency.... I mean, he's going to be the youngest ex-president we've had in awhile. A lot of career to be had there.

Aaand.... yea, it's not hard for a President/ex-President to be a better citizen than, well, all of us. Charity gigs, supporting causes, a lot of good to do.

Time-Immemorial
Why do we even need a commander in chief

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Q99
Good question, I could see him being a Jimmy Carter-type and doing a lot post-presidency.... I mean, he's going to be the youngest ex-president we've had in awhile. A lot of career to be had there.

Aaand.... yea, it's not hard for a President/ex-President to be a better citizen than, well, all of us. Charity gigs, supporting causes, a lot of good to do.

Nice to see you don't really belive in that crap about the U.S being a country of equals. But then this is a Democrat we are talking about.

Time-Immemorial
Q99laughing out loud

Omega Vision
Why do we even need a commander in chief
At this point I'm more wondering why we need a congress.

(I know why we need a congress, I'm just saying they really suck.)

Time-Immemorial
Well the republicans in congress have passed all of obamas crap so I agree.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Omega Vision
At this point I'm more wondering why we need a congress.

(I know why we need a congress, I'm just saying they really suck.)

The D can finally be for Dictator. Just what Omega wants.

Time-Immemorial
Omega wants that dick

Flyattractor
Omega wants that dick

*goes to look for a 40 foot pole*

rudester
The state of union really is like Jerry springers after thoughts where he dishes out that even midgets hookers and transvestite need love.

jaden101
I only saw a bit of it when he was saying something about how calling Muslims nasty names doesn't make America safer and all I could think was "yeah but I'm sure using unmanned drones to blow up entire Muslim families at weddings does make America safer"

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by jaden101
I only saw a bit of it when he was saying something about how calling Muslims nasty names doesn't make America safer and all I could think was "yeah but I'm sure using unmanned drones to blow up entire Muslim families at weddings does make America safer"

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

dadudemon
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Pretty standard stuff.

Sometimes, I cite facts in discussions. Sometimes, they support who I quote. Sometimes, they oppose.

I just wanted it out there that Bardock was correct with his "about half" statement...stopping a potential argument.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
I thought that was what happened under Bill Clinton? wink

I find the Emperor Obama narrative funny.

1- Obama does a lot early in his term.

2- Obstructionism takes over, he gets called useless and do-nothing.

3- The opponents try using authority they don't remotely have to stop what Obama already did.

4- The stuff done in the beginning bears fruit, while Obama does small stuff using long-used-by-every-president-authority that's much smaller than his early actions.

5- Opponents call him an Emperor exceeding his authority.

#2: I'd reword that to "GOP throws infantile fit and virtually neuters any of Obama's efforts."

#5: It's the military actions and spying that definitely supports the exaggerated "Emperor Obama." Also, Obamacare being forced on Americans is another source of the "Emperor Obama" label. If we are being fair, Obama hasn't really done anything worse than Bush when it comes to Executive Powers. In fact, I'd make the argument that Bush is a better example of a PotUS taking the Executive Powers to the utter limit.

Omega Vision
Omega wants that dick
Projecting.

Time-Immemorial
Truth seeker

Omega Vision
Stop flirting with me already.

Flyattractor
Yeah. This type of flirting is not meant for General Chat. That is what the religious forum is for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.