Legion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/16/fxs-legion-anticipated-for-2016-tv-season?abthid=569a9d1d010808cd49000026

An X-Men TV show? In

Flyattractor
I would rather see a L.E.G.I.O.N 16 show myself.

Darth Thor
So it's officially happening:

Originally posted by Darth Thor

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/1/11826704/marvel-x-men-tv-show-legion-fx-fargo

retuseqq
zzzzz

Surtur
Could be cool.

BruceSkywalker
trailer...

http://deadline.com/2016/07/legion-trailer-marvel-x-men-fx-series-comic-con-1201791690/

Surtur
To be honest the trailer looked kinda..meh.

carthage
Looks cool

ares834
Looks fun and trippy. Plus the guy behind this is the writer on Fargo so I expect big things.

Arachnid1
^^^^I was thinking the same

I'm optimistic. I would have prefered a New Mutants or Hellions show, but this may be cool. I'm not familiar with the character though.

Surtur
The show looks interesting I will admit, I guess I might think different if I didn't go into it knowing about this character. He didn't seem..Legion-ey to me. But then it's on tv so I don't really have to spend money to see it when it comes out so I'll give it a shot.

Robtard
Trailer didn't wow me, but the premise and writer have me interested enought to check it out.

Dreampanther
Looks pretty awesome to me. Will put it on my Looking-Forward-To-Watch list.

marwash22
i hope their holding a lot back in the trailers, 'cause as of now, I'm not in on this.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Arachnid1
^^^^I was thinking the same

I'm optimistic. I would have prefered a New Mutants or Hellions show, but this may be cool. I'm not familiar with the character though. I just found out the show is about David. I never knew him as Legion since I only know of his psychotic Ultimate counter part that got killed by Colossus after wiping out a few major cities. I always liked the Ultimate X-men story, but it will be cool to see a show based on the original version of him.

This airs tonight BTW!

toc9LGWgqJg

Ridley_Prime
http://www.npr.org/2017/02/08/513904622/the-stylish-fx-series-legion-suffers-from-a-split-personality

After watching the pilot, think that sums it up well enough at the moment. This definitely has the potential to get better though; cautiously optimistic.

Dreampanther
Have to wait until tonight before I get to see it. Looking forward to it!

carthage
Loved the psychedelic elements of the show, especially the scene where it goes into his mind and all of those TV screens appear/when the room goes Red and he sees The Devil with the yellow eyes

Seems like a very unique show so far

carthage
Episode 2 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=56&v=0EH8fC_3k8M

tkitna
I've tried 3 times now and i'm still not through the pilot yet. Its a boring mess so far.

BruceSkywalker
have this on dvr, will watch on the weekend

ares834
Damn. That was one hell of a first episode!

Dreampanther
Yes. Still have no clue what is real and what isn't - but I can't wait for the next episode.

Arachnid1
That was a great start. I liked Davids character. I cant wait to see where this goes

TheVaultDweller
That first episode was a bit of a mindf***. You have to really pay attention to know what fits in where. Overall though, I am pretty curious to see where they take this. I thought Dan Stevens did a solid job as David. I also want to know who that other telekinetic is who was tossing boulders, large chunks of concrete etc. around like they were candy wrappers. He was pretty badass.

carthage
Yeah, he tossed that armored guy clear over the horizon with a gesture lol.

Haller himself is no slouch, he burned multiple armed guys to crisps/incinerated their armor with pyrokinesis, could cause telekinetic storms, and shook an entire building. He's obviously nowhere even close to controlling his power, but from the little I read of him in AOA he's clearly among the top tier of mutants.

TheVaultDweller
Was the pyrokinesis him though? Kind of hard to know who did that, given the setup for it. But Syd , while using his body and powers, also manipulated matter when she removed the doors from the rooms and phased Lenny into the ceiling.

Comic Legion is one of the most hax characters in Marvel. He has potentially thousands of different split personalities (if not more), and each one of them has their own unique powerset.

Dreampanther
I'm still wondering about that escape at the end. How do we know the rescue squad really existed? How do we know it wasn't him who was tossing all those guys around while imagining a rescue squad?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I'm still wondering about that escape at the end. How do we know the rescue squad really existed? How do we know it wasn't him who was tossing all those guys around while imagining a rescue squad?

Well, he seems to be interacting with all the people in question during the trailer for the 2nd episode. But will have to wait and see how it all pans out. At this point, I am not 100% sure of anything, really.

Also, I cringed pretty hard when David tk'd that pen into the guy's cheek.

TheVaultDweller
Interesting article on how this show connects to the wider Fox X-Verse. When the show was pitched, they said there wasn't a connection, but they seem to be changing their tune now:

http://www.thewrap.com/legion-connect-x-men-movies-fx/

Dreampanther
What did everybody think about the second episode? Have to confess, I am still not 100% sure what is real and what (or who) is imaginary.

carthage
http://www.cbr.com/legion-mutant-school-summerland/

New clip goes into the history/purpose of Summerland

wakkawakkawakka

staxamillion
I really like it. it seems kinda funky tho... is it retro? like I kinda feel like they have blended retro styles and contemporary could this be because its all in his head?

carthage
Kind of curious if they can shut down his multiple personalities by going and addressing every one of them and just exorcising them. Though as Doctor Bird noted that his mental defenses seem to be getting stronger, each of them also seem to have their own personalities barring the child one who is probably David's psyche. Some of the scenes in this episode were amazing and the show continues to absolutely be easily the best written/developed Comic related show.

Robtard
Watched the first two eps last night, pilot was dull at times, but overall, I'm liking it enough to watch the 3rd ep. Do see potential.

tkitna
It'll be a miracle if this show gets a 2nd season.

roughrider
Most trippy superhero related show ever. It's like Stanley Kubrick meets Alejandro Jodorworsky.

BruceSkywalker
Not really liking this, but will give it another show or two

carthage
The villain is more or less the Shadow King

I've read articles from the Nerdist, and Cary Loudermilk's character more or less knocked off quite a few of his character traits.

TheVaultDweller
Now I am wondering how much has been David and how much has been the parasite in his head, in terms of abilities shown. From what I understood, the thing had been psychically influencing/controlling him and using his powers, while feeding off him. But it's hard to separate them at this point.

carthage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrXqYpmCAqc

Episode 6 promo

wakkawakkawakka
Kind of figured all of it was David though The parasite is now capable of using David's powers through feeding off of him. Wonder if Jazz Man dealt with the same thing which is why he's hiding out in his ice cube hut in the astral plane.

Nice to see TK guy again too.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Kind of figured all of it was David though The parasite is now capable of using David's powers through feeding off of him. Wonder if Jazz Man dealt with the same thing which is why he's hiding out in his ice cube hut in the astral plane.

Nice to see TK guy again too.

Yeah, that is kind of what I figured, but they still made it all super vague (and, with this show and how it has gone, I believe it is completely intentional). the parasite still has to be a monumentally powerful telepath to puppet David like that though.

Interesting that we now also know Legion is adopted, which leaves the door open for Xavier to be his father. One of the guys behind the show said that they have always considered that part of the lore to still be part of the character they are making for the show. And Patrick Stewart, despite previously saying he was done with the X-Men, said he would consider returning for this show.

carthage
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/11/x-men-tv-series-gifted-title/

New Xmen series to be titled Gifted and is in the movie continuity

Ridley_Prime
Then what does that make this show? More its own separate thing?

carthage
http://www.cbr.com/x-men-tv-series-classic-mutant/

Thunderbird joins Polaris in the lineup for the show

TheVaultDweller
It's been confirmed that this is getting a 2nd season.

ares834
Another phenomenal episode.

carthage
****ing sucks its already the season finale

Ridley_Prime
Really? I'm kinda underwhelmed then. Shadow King's mainly the reason I'm still watching by this point, but hope I can feel more invested in the future.

Dreampanther
Yeah, gotta admit, I started losing interest a couple of episodes ago.

TheVaultDweller
I've been enjoying it so far, but I can understand why some people might not be so keen on it. It's not at all a traditional superhero show, but more of a scifi psychological horror. Also, guess the wheelchair with the big X on the side, from Amy's flashback, confirms that Xavier is indeed David's father in this version.

And another thing. They kept talking about how that moment in time was frozen in the real world, while everything was going on in the astral plain. So, did David's power actually freeze time in the real world, locally, or was it just a case of everything in the astral plain happening at a much more rapid pace than real world events were?

S W LeGenD
Yeah I've been loving it so far, it's hard to imagine how they could have done a better job so far at adapting Legion's character to the screen.

@TheVaultDweller:

The visuals suggested that time wasn't completely frozen but just slowed down at an incredible rate (it seemed to be showing the bullets to be moving very slowly for instance), and I imagine that that was due to things happening at a faster rate on the astral plane in a way not caused by David's powers.

TheVaultDweller
I'm not so sure. Both Oliver and Cary referred to the timeline as being "frozen" and needing to "unfreeze" it to help fix things. So, that implies that there is some chronokinesis going on there. The Shadow King being able to use David's powers to remove sound from the real world already supports the notion that he is a full-on reality warper.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Then what does that make this show? More its own separate thing?

From the sounds of that article, yeah Legion is a separate continuity.

carthage
-Edit:

Looks like David didn't have enough power to expel Farouk on his own, even with the aid of the building's grid. Also loved seeing the Shadow King infect other mutants.

Does anyone know what the Division 3 guys meant by sending in Equinox?? Seems like a weapon of some sort

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by carthage
-Edit:

Looks like David didn't have enough power to expel Farouk on his own, even with the aid of the building's grid. Also loved seeing the Shadow King infect other mutants.

Does anyone know what the Division 3 guys meant by sending in Equinox?? Seems like a weapon of some sort

It wasn't about power. Farouk had been a part of David for so long that he was ingrained into David's very being. The whole conversation between Syd and him made that much pretty clear. The fact that David was actually able to knock Farouk out of Kerry's body, even if it also knocked him on his ass, is more telling IMO.

And I take it you didn't watch the mid-credit scene. Because I am assuming that's what the Equinox was.

roughrider
Finished it last night. Was actually more bonkers than the recent Dirk Gently series, and that's saying something.

This show might have been what Ang Lee was trying to do with his Hulk movie - which was make it a psychological horror story - but the show pulled it off much better. I couldn't predict was was going to happen moment by moment; every scene was like a surprise. thumb up

Maybe not everyone could get into this Marvel story that played like a Stanley Kubrick/Pink Floyd mashup, but I loved it.

marwash22
son of a...

just as this was getting good the season finale happens.

S W LeGenD
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
And I take it you didn't watch the mid-credit scene. Because I am assuming that's what the Equinox was.

Really loved how they used that to cap off the season. Felt distinctly like the kind of thing you might see happen at the end of a Marvel comic book arc.

Still surprised this was as good as it was. This joins The Dark Knight, Winter Soldier and Civil War on my list of truly excellent live-action Marvel/DC universe adaptations.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by S W LeGenD
Really loved how they used that to cap off the season. Felt distinctly like the kind of thing you might see happen at the end of a Marvel comic book arc.

Still surprised this was as good as it was. This joins The Dark Knight, Winter Soldier and Civil War on my list of truly excellent live-action Marvel/DC universe adaptations.

At the same time, that bit is frustrating as f***, because we have to wait until 2018 to see what happens next.

carthage
http://screenrant.com/legion-season-2-script-lenny-oliver/

Lenny and Oliver trapped in paradise, and many interesting ideas about Shadow King

TheVaultDweller
Interesting. The way they phrase it in that interview does make me wonder about some things though. Like is Lenny then really Benny's consciousness, but warped into a girl by David's mind, while it was inside it? And was that consciousness then pulled along with the Shadow King when it was going from host body to host body? Maybe the Shadow King formed a link with it after using it to hide his appearance for so long. We saw in S1 that Legion and Shadow King's minds kind of became connected after prolonged exposure (and a weaker connection with Syd's, after a more brief exposure), so it's possible IMO. But then that would also suggest that David can indeed pull other minds into his own and keep them there, like in the comics. And then there is still David's weird abduction at the end of S1. Lots of questions for season 2 now.

carthage
Looks like we might get the actual form of Amahl Farouk

http://screenrant.com/legion-seaso-2-said-taghmaoui-shadow-king/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.