World War Hulk vs DOS Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Grimes
Who wins?

No bfr.

Damborgson
Hulk eventually beats him to pieces.

Rao Kal El
DOS DD

BruceSkywalker
pretty good match, but WWH ftw

Insane Titan
Hulk wins in the end

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Hulk eventually beats him to pieces.

Lol...this

h1a8
DOS DD is too fast. He murders Hulk in a matter of minutes.

Even if Hulk manages to hit DD then it would be after more than 10 solid hits on Hulk. Plus DD has cutting weapons. WWH durability wasn't particularly good, especially with Thing bloodying his face. It was his healing factor that was strong.

Rao Kal El
Did WWH defeated a team like the JLA with one hand tied behind his back?

Did He tanked a panel stated combined full out blast of the likes of Superman, Guy Gardner, Bloodwyn, Fire and Booster?

Did he killed the marvel equivalent of hundreds of Lanterns and injured thousands of them?

Does he has under his belt the equivalent of surviving a kamikaze attack of an Oan Guardian?

I honestly don't think so

psycho gundam
laughing out loud

"Id"
Hulk

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by psycho gundam
laughing out loud

No, he doesn't that is what is funny. smile

As a matter of fact he was almost defeated by Iron man

Also remember at this point Dos DD is already immune to blasts that wastes 1/5 of a planet smile

DTM
Ill side with DOS Doomsday to win, though WWHulk would make him work for it (HP Doomsday would slaughter this Hulk though).

carver9
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
No, he doesn't that is what is funny. smile

As a matter of fact he was almost defeated by Iron man

Also remember at this point Dos DD is already immune to blasts that wastes 1/5 of a planet smile

laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by DTM
Ill side with DOS Doomsday to win, though WWHulk would make him work for it (HP Doomsday would slaughter this Hulk though).

laughing out loud

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud

So has hulk killed the equivalent of hundreds of GL's? laughing out loud

carver9
So has hulk killed the equivalent of hundreds of GL's? laughing out loud

Has Doomsday ever came close to overpowering an abstract?

SquallX

I'll bite, what abstracts would that be?

abhilegend
What does that has to do with anything? Superman has done that.

It didn't matter against Doomsday. What abstract WWH overpowered anyway?

Doctor Strange was beating the shit out of him with a tiny portion of Zom.

Zeus beat the ****ing shit out of him.

Chaos king amped Abomination beat the shit out of him.

Are all these abstracts?

DarkSaint85
He's going to use the showing from Longshot saves the Marvel U, mark my words.

abhilegend
I know. That's not WWH though. That's savage hulk and he can get angry enough to reach that level at a point.

WWH never showed that level of power though.

DarkSaint85
'Hulk is Hulk'

I'm just going to run through the usual carverments.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Decter
Doomsday wins

celeyhyga17
Hulk Smash

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
What does that has to do with anything? Superman has done that.

It didn't matter against Doomsday. What abstract WWH overpowered anyway?

Doctor Strange was beating the shit out of him with a tiny portion of Zom.

Zeus beat the ****ing shit out of him.

Chaos king amped Abomination beat the shit out of him.

Are all these abstracts?

WWH is more powerful than that Hulk (who's the same person) that performed that ft.

Doctor Strange was powered up by an Abstract and Hulk still tanked everything he threw at him and knocked him out with a single hit.

Abomination was amped by an Abstract. He was able to easily rip Abomination skin completely off and Abomination hide was completely indestructible.

Lol...everyone you've named was amped off of Abstract power to face the Hulk. I don't get your point. Hulk during that entire run didn't fight anyone throughout who was operating at normal power level. Everyone had to go above and beyond to face this Hulk. A weak sauce Doomsday will not defeat him.

"Id"
Hulk kills him to death.

Rao Kal El
Lol the ususal carvermatics

So, where is Hulk killing hundreds of lanterns?

"Abstracts" lol, oh here is one. Doomsday has defeted death countless of times, there is your "abstract"

Dd faced alone the JLA and defeated them with one hand, Hulk when faced the avengers got help.

When Hulk tanked sentry's attack it was only a few blocks of manhattan, DD at that point was able to tank a blast capable of waste 1/5 of Calaton

Think of it as a blast the size of manhattan or a chunk of the moon vs the size of Asia smile

DD wins

abhilegend
WWH is more powerful than that Hulk (who's the same person) that performed that ft.

Tha feat was performed AFTER WWH.

How was WWH more powerful than a feat which had not happened yet?

Strange was powered by a tiny fraction of Zom's power. Angel oneshotted it within Cho's body.

Strange gave up the fight. Don't try to be coy.

What the hell are you babbling about?

Now Abomb's skin is adamantium. eh?

Maybe in your dreams. No excuses for Zeus, eh?

How about Sentry? Is he an abstract too?

golem370
This Hulk and Sentry eats DOS DD alive

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsSentry15.jpg

Adam Grimes
Why would you say that?

golem370
Because of the sheer destruction they are kicking up is more destructive then the killing blows that killed Supes and DD

Time-Immemorial
DD shit stomps

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by golem370
Because of the sheer destruction they are kicking up is more destructive then the killing blows that killed Supes and DD

DD lived through a blast that blew a hole through time and space smile

golem370
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
DD gets shit stomps I fixed it

Philosophía
Because of the sheer destruction they are kicking up is more destructive then the killing blows that killed Supes and DD 1). Collateral damage isn't a sign of the power of the combatants.

2). Even if that was the case, Superman and Doomsday's final punches shook the entire Earth:
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/ShakingPlanetCore.jpg

...which is far above what happened in the Sentry/Hulk fight.

Now let's see you backtrack.

golem370
DOS did? On panel feats of WWH vs Sentry is more powerful of a fight then the DOS DD vs DOS Superman which is pretty much fact

DarkSaint85
DOS did? On panel feats of WWH vs Sentry is more powerful of a fight then the DOS DD vs DOS Superman which is pretty much fact

Yup, he did. A Guardian of Oa blew himself up, and it 'only' KOed him. The xplosion ripped a hole in space and time, and sent Doomy through it.

He then crash landed on Catalon, then was blown up again, THEN landed on Earth.

As Doomsday grows STRONGER from each 'death'....well, you get the picture.

golem370
I am still saying he would be destroyed against either Sentry and Hulk in that fight.

Philosophía
DOS did? On panel feats of WWH vs Sentry is more powerful of a fight then the DOS DD vs DOS Superman which is pretty much fact How can that be a fact, when I just provided on panel evidence that they shook the planet by punching eachother? Don't play the collateral damage game when you're going to get stomped, boy.

golem370
STFU. Hulk has shook with a stomp a so-called weaker Hulk so that proofs nothing.

DarkSaint85
I am still saying he would be destroyed against either Sentry and Hulk in that fight.

Guardian explosion:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/96192/1687981-867737_doomsday12_super.jpg

Catalon explosion, incidentally, destroyed 1/5th of the planet's surface. Which is FAR above the damage seen in Sentry/WWH. That wasn't even the whole of Manhattan.

Philosophía
STFU. Hulk has shook with a stomp a so-called weaker Hulk so that proofs nothing. Hulk has shook what with a stomp, Sentry's hair? What are you even talking about here?

Adam Grimes
Because of the sheer destruction they are kicking up is more destructive then the killing blows that killed Supes and DD I knew you were going to say this. Lol'd. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Here's the Radiant. That is, IF we wanted to go by the destruction they're kicking up smile

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43640/1177401-hacsa_hunter_prey_02_30.jpg

Rao Kal El
Hulk wins because Romita's art with the fire around hulk and Sentry looks more dramatic than an Oan Guardian kamikaze attack or Doomsday killing hundreds of GL's or Doomsday capable of tanking an explosion that laid waste to 1/5 of Calaton.

So it does not matter that any of the things DD did is factually more impresive what matters is the fire tornado engulfing a few blocks of Manhattan, THAT WAS AWESOME!

Adam Grimes
But the Sentry fight had bigger lights!

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Here's the Radiant. That is, IF we wanted to go by the destruction they're kicking up smile

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43640/1177401-hacsa_hunter_prey_02_30.jpg

You know something that is often overlooked in that scan?

Two things actually.

Radiant was the ultimate energy life form and Radiant's energy was powerful enough to pierce DD's forearm.

Oh but the fire tornado is more impressive, so Hulk wins

DarkSaint85
You know something that is often overlooked in that scan?

Two things actually.

Radiant was the ultimate energy life form and Radiant's energy was powerful enough to pierce DD's forearm.

Oh but the fire tornado is more impressive, so Hulk wins

They'd also been fighting for a week. Non-stop (presumably).

But Romita is a better artist thumb up

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
But the Sentry fight had bigger lights!

Exactly, so Hulk wins.

Bigger lights on Manhattan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> laying waste to 1/5 of Calaton

We are solving Carvermatics thumb up

Rao Kal El
They'd also been fighting for a week. Non-stop (presumably).

But Romita is a better artist thumb up

Oh yeah that too thumb up

So Hulk wins?

celeyhyga17
Guardian explosion:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/96192/1687981-867737_doomsday12_super.jpg

Catalon explosion, incidentally, destroyed 1/5th of the planet's surface. Which is FAR above the damage seen in Sentry/WWH. That wasn't even the whole of Manhattan.

He was somewhat amped though wasn't he? Hard to call that a straight up feat.

SquallX
STFU. Hulk has shook with a stomp a so-called weaker Hulk so that proofs nothing.

A stomp with shook Manhattan Vs a combined punch that shook the Earth.

Huh, i wonder which is more impressive?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He was somewhat amped though wasn't he? Hard to call that a straight up feat.

Which feat?

Guardian explosion, he lost the ring.

Calaton, I don't recall him being amped...

SquallX
2 things i would love to see.

1. I want a good explanation why the Ring worked for DD.
2. I want the Radiant to be brought back somehow and be giving a mini detailing his birth/death and rebirth.

celeyhyga17
Which feat?

Guardian explosion, he lost the ring.

Calaton, I don't recall him being amped...
It was explicitly stated that DD was tapping into the the rings power. It was also stated that DD's will was so incredibly strong(or something like that). That only served him further since we know that the stronger the will, the stronger you can generate power from a green lantern ring. Those rings can do some ridic stuff provided you have sufficient will a la Krona buster Jordan.

It's why I never really gave that feat much credibility in regards to a straight up tanking feat.

DarkSaint85
But the ring was gone in the same instant the explosion happened....

leonidas
ds wins.

celeyhyga17
But the ring was gone in the same instant the explosion happened....
The blast came first then he lost the ring if we go by the comic sequentially.

carver9
Lol...a weakened Hulk tanked a blast that split a planet in half.

celeyhyga17
@Darksaint

After killing a lantern and taking his ring, DD was actually able to make it respond to his will. It's a bit silly but he started using its power from the moment he took it.
http://oi63.tinypic.com/2bp0jm.jpg

"It has UNTUITIVELY TAPPED into the power of the ring".
http://oi66.tinypic.com/25a3mv8.jpg

Starts duking it out with a Guardian.
http://oi63.tinypic.com/kbdc43.jpg

"So terrible was the force of the MONSTER'S WILL, that the guardian actually began to falter!" The Guardian then unfurled his last bit of energies...
http://oi65.tinypic.com/2zr2czn.jpg

...resulting in the loss of DD's stolen ring along with a massive explosion.
http://oi64.tinypic.com/330zbps.jpg

Pretty clear to me that DD was the beneficiary of a gl ring in his fight with a Guardian all the way to the very end. Really hard to claim that a straight up tanking feat.

Rao Kal El
At that SINGLE blinding instant the monster LOST the power ring.

Whan is that single blinding instant, you may ask?

That single blinding instant was when the guardian released thw totality of his energies.

Is pretty clear he lost the ring at that very single moment, since he lost the ring at that very single moment, there was NO ring protecting him, it was all Doomsday. IMO

Lets put it this way, you are in a nuke shelter at ground zero protected. at the single moment of the explosion of a nuke the nuke shelter disappears, do you think you will survive? Or will you be atomized?

abhilegend
baka

The Guardian flat out says that Doomsday is adapting to his power. Not that it is surviving die to the ring.

When he blasts Doomsday, he destroyed the GL ring. Doomsday alone was able to survive the attack.

SquallX
Lol...a weakened Hulk tanked a blast that split a planet in half.

That's cute, but knowing you Carver, there have to be some context.

carver9
@Darksaint

After killing a lantern and taking his ring, DD was actually able to make it respond to his will. It's a bit silly but he started using its power from the moment he took it.

"It has UNTUITIVELY TAPPED into the power of the ring".

Starts duking it out with a Guardian.

"So terrible was the force of the MONSTER'S WILL, that the guardian actually began to falter!" The Guardian then unfurled his last bit of energies...

...resulting in the loss of DD's stolen ring along with a massive explosion.

Pretty clear to me that DD was the beneficiary of a gl ring in his fight with a Guardian all the way to the very end. Really hard to claim that a straight up tanking feat.

thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by SquallX

No context at all bro. He didn't even feel it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by SquallX
Yes, the blast had destabilized the planet's core and the plates were falling apart.

It wasn't a planet splitting blast.

DarkSaint85
@celey:

Yeah, the others have said it already, lol. Another analogy:

We're boxing, and you're wearing a headguard. It disappears (I've been watching Rocky 2, btw) and the exact same moment I punch you.

Moreover, whilst Doomsday was adapting to the power, guess what else was on the battlefield that (presumably) has already adapted to massive amounts of Oan energy?

That's right, the ring.

The Guardian's power was so great, items specifically designed to harness this same power, were overloaded and destroyed.

And Doomy survived that.

Moot point, as this entire convo was around the WWH/Sentry fight, where golem asserts there was more destructive power being thrown around there. I mean, it wasn't as if Hulk had adapted to Sentry's energy (as carver likes to show him grabbing Sentry's energy) or that Sentry specifically emits energy that doesn't hurt Hulk....

Edit: as for the planet splitting feat, the bomb that the Red King let off had 'only' split the crust. I.e the outer skin:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkLifting20v2102.jpg

celeyhyga17
@celey:

Yeah, the others have said it already, lol. Another analogy:

We're boxing, and you're wearing a headguard. It disappears (I've been watching Rocky 2, btw) and the exact same moment I punch you.
Just because others have their own version(albeit very similar) of your original claim does not make it right.

Your boxing analogy is pretty much a reach. I think you are missing the point. There's a reason the sequence of events show the guardian blasting first then the ring getting destroyed/overloaded along with the mountain blowing up. I mean technically speaking, the mountain "ceased to exist" in the same instant right? Going by your argument, the Guardian for some reason made the ring disappear and blew up the mountain for kicks.

What you are doing is taking the writers words and making it suit your argument even though it does not follow logical sense. What do you think destroyed the ring and the mountain? Seeing as the frikkin Guardian expelled the totality of its energies to kill DD should have set off alarms.

In an instant, a lot of things can happen especially in a medium where speed allows you to do a myriad things. In this case, the blast was so powerful(trans level) that it can destroy things even large objects like a mountain in an instant.

With your argument, you are setting a very illogical precedent anytime someone attacks somebody. Especially against characters who use shielding. Anytime shielded characters get attacked, if they are hurt that means their attacker made their shields disappear at the same time they fired. Heck lets not stop there. Anytime someone gets attacked and then hurt, it means their defenses disappeared in the same instance.

Moreover, whilst Doomsday was adapting to the power, guess what else was on the battlefield that (presumably) has already adapted to massive amounts of Oan energy?

That's right, the ring.

The Guardian's power was so great, items specifically designed to harness this same power, were overloaded and destroyed.

And Doomy survived that.
Err.. You pointing out DD's ability to adapt and possibly absorbing the guardian's power(as per the guardian) only serves to weaken the claim of a straight up tanking feat. The two most impressive things in this feat were:
a) DD using a GL ring as if he's owned for years.. stick out tongue
b) DD possibly adapting to the Guardian's power and absorbing it.

Moot point, as this entire convo was around the WWH/Sentry fight, where golem asserts there was more destructive power being thrown around there. I mean, it wasn't as if Hulk had adapted to Sentry's energy (as carver likes to show him grabbing Sentry's energy) or that Sentry specifically emits energy that doesn't hurt Hulk....

Edit: as for the planet splitting feat, the bomb that the Red King let off had 'only' split the crust. I.e the outer skin:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkLifting20v2102.jpg
Not really since this showing is being touted as a straight up tanking feat for DD without mentioning that he may have been amped and was the beneficiary of a GL ring's defenses.

P.S. Oh and myth busted.
stick out tongue

Adam Grimes
Lol @ myth busting. Odg's ridiculousness lives on.

DarkSaint85
Just because others have their own version(albeit very similar) of your original claim does not make it right.

Never said it did, merely that I would only be repeating what others have said.

This is the only real point worth responding to, as we both agree that it's not a straight up tanking feat (hence my point about the adaptation to energy).

In Golem's original point, Hulk had adapted to Sentry's energy (to the point he could grab it like a physical object). Energy that previously, does not harm him (and in fact, calms him). So this feat (the guardian feat) is as much a tanking feat as Sentry/WWH's fight.

One-Punch
Re-reading those scans, I agree with Celey.

Doomsday was amped with the GL ring backed by his "monstrous willpower." The Guardian's explosion at the end is obviously what destroyed the GL ring (and mountain). It wasn't a straight forward tanking feat. I'm more shocked at how well Doomsday was able to use the GL ring.

celeyhyga17

Never said it did, merely that I would only be repeating what others have said.
So you are saying your analogy is wrong?

This is the only real point worth responding to, as we both agree that it's not a straight up tanking feat (hence my point about the adaptation to energy).

In Golem's original point, Hulk had adapted to Sentry's energy (to the point he could grab it like a physical object). Energy that previously, does not harm him (and in fact, calms him). So this feat (the guardian feat) is as much a tanking feat as Sentry/WWH's fight.

So I know that we're on the same page, you agree that yourself, Abhi, Rao, and who ever else has perpetuated this feat w/o even a hint of DD absorbing power and using a GL ring are wrong?

Golem said this? When?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Lol @ myth busting. Odg's ridiculousness lives on.
Say what?

Rao Kal El
Lol at the nonsense.

Anyway, no matter the downplay. Doomsday wins

One-Punch
It's not downplaying to point out Doomsday had a GL ring in that instance.

abhilegend
Originally posted by One-Punch
It's not downplaying to point out Doomsday had a GL ring in that instance.
Not at the moment of Guardian's suicide. The ring was destroyed and Doomsday tanked it.

He tanked something which destroyed a GL ring and vaporized SBP. Just think about it.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by abhilegend
Not at the moment of Guardian's suicide. The ring was destroyed and Doomsday tanked it.

He tanked something which destroyed a GL ring and vaporized SBP. Just think about it.

Exactly thumb up

celeyhyga17
Re-reading those scans, I agree with Celey.

Doomsday was amped with the GL ring backed by his "monstrous willpower." The Guardian's explosion at the end is obviously what destroyed the GL ring (and mountain). It wasn't a straight forward tanking feat. I'm more shocked at how well Doomsday was able to use the GL ring.
http://images.ciatr.jp/2015/08/14105036/giphy-7.gif

Lol at the nonsense.

Anyway, no matter the downplay. Doomsday wins
So the ring was overloaded/destroyed and the mountain was blown up before the blast from the Guardian reached them?

Think about what you're saying here.

Philosophía
So the ring was overloaded/destroyed and the mountain was blown up before the blast from the Guardian reached them?

Think about what you're saying here. It is you who should take a closer look and think about what he's saying here. We clearly see how Doomsday looks with the aura around him when the ring is fully functional:

http://i67.tinypic.com/ix49pj.png

Then we clearly see the aura leaving him and the ring clearly melting before the actual explosion takes place:

http://i68.tinypic.com/p0yfk.png

The aura disspearing should the the most obvious sign that the protection was off.
It's clear as day.
How in the hell is this even debatable? Doomsday tanked it under his own durability.

Rao Kal El

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Philosophia

It is you who should take a closer look and think about what he's saying here. We clearly see how Doomsday looks with the aura around him when the ring is fully functional:
Oh really now? Ring is fully functional the moment it was specifically shown DD operating it.

Then we clearly see the aura leaving him and the ring clearly melting before the actual explosion takes place:
We see and we know the ring is destroyed(possibly exhausted going by earlier scenes) only when the Guardian released the totality of its power.
You picking and choosing the moment the "aura" leaves him is comical. For one, a GL aura is not always depicted. It is almost always considered that one gets a measure of defense from a gl ring when one operates it. Now that it suits your flimsy argument, it is the only time such aura was present then removed? How about all the other times he's using the ring without a hint of aura around him. Why not stick to the basics like the fact that he had a GL ring on that he was able to almost expertly utilize with an incredible amount of will? And of which he most likely received the benefits of a GL ring's defensive capabilities.

And this is not even getting into the power he absorbed.

The aura disspearing should the the most obvious sign that the protection was off.
It's clear as day.
How in the hell is this even debatable? Doomsday tanked it under his own durability.

Read above.

To claim that Doomsday tanked the blast solely on his own standard durability is not only fallacious, but also comical. In doing so you are completely ignoring very important factors like DD absorbing a portion of the Guardian's power and him utilizing a GL ring with tremendous will as per the comic.

Philosophía
Oh really now? Ring is fully functional the moment it was specifically shown DD operating it. The ring was:
a). melting
b). no longer protecting Doomsday, as the aura had completely dissapeared

How is that fully functional?
Prove it.

We see and we know the ring is destroyed(possibly exhausted going by earlier scenes) only when the Guardian released the totality of its power. No - the ring is getting destoyed before the explosion takes place. You can clearly see that here:

That's before the Guardian's detonation hits Doomsday - so at the point it does, Doomsday has nothing but his own durability.

Bottom line is: you have no leg to stand on.
Facts:
The ring is specifically shown to be melted before the Guardian blast even touches Doomsday.
Doomsday is specifically shown as not being protected by the ring, eventough in the previous panel he was.

Continuing with the denial of facts is straight up trolling.

celeyhyga17
It is pretty clear

"At that SINGLE blinding instant the monster lost the ring and the mountain ceased to exist"

It does not says AFTER that blinding instant the monster lost the ring.

It says "AT THAT SINGLE BLINDING INSTANT"

single

adjective
only one in number; one only; unique; sole

instant

noun
an infinitesimal or very short space of time; a moment:

The narration is pretty clear.

Again use the analogy of the nuke and explain to me how are you surviving?

thumb up
Dude.. I guess you are not understanding. In that "instant", the guardian blasted, then destroyed/exhausted the GL ring, and blew up a mountain. Not really hard to understand considering Guardians are very powerful in their own right and can phukk shiet up nigh instantly.

Rao Kal El
Dude.. I guess you are not understanding. In that "instant", the guardian blasted, then destroyed/exhausted the GL ring, and blew up a mountain. Not really hard to understand considering Guardians are very powerful in their own right and can phukk shiet up nigh instantly.

The one not understanding on purpose is you.

That blindind instant is when the guardian releases his energies the ring disappears.

Imagine an A bomb exploding there is a blinding instant and then the explosion or the devastation that comes from the fusion.

Stop dodging the question and answer how are you surviving the analogy I gave you? I tell you why you are not answering, because it hurts your case.

How are you surviving a nuke when at that blinding instant the shelter disappear? Will you be atomized? Or the shelter somehow protected you and you survive? laughing out loud

Doomsday survived that explosion by himself

celeyhyga17
@Philo

Prove what? All I said was the ring was fully functional the moment he used it's power. You are barking up the wrong tree if there is an argument there. I don't know whether you are attempting to smokescreen or it's a misunderstanding. I for one am sick of smokescreens usually perpetrated by a certain Clarkfanatic, so I am certainly not wasting my time with that. Now back on topic.

Let me make really simple. What destroyed the ring? What destroyed the mountain.

Denial of facts? Trolling? Come on now seriously? I hope you're not throwing that at me because it's turning out that there really is no leg to stand on in your stance.

One Big Mob
Wait, why is "only" getting KO'ed the newest hot ticket item now?

You'd think getting knocked out by a Guardian would be the thing you'd steer away from...

I mean, didn't Namor just get only KO'ed by a race of Beyonders Doom blast? Shit happens. A loss is a loss regardless of what damage occurs. Not everything needs to kill.

celeyhyga17
The one not understanding on purpose is you.

That blindind instant is when the guardian releases his energies the ring disappears.

Imagine an A bomb exploding there is a blinding instant and then the explosion or the devastation that comes from the fusion.

Stop dodging the question and answer how are you surviving the analogy I gave you? I tell you why you are not answering, because it hurts your case.

How are you surviving a nuke when at that blinding instant the shelter disappear? Will you be atomized? Or the shelter somehow protected you and you survive? laughing out loud

Doomsday survived that explosion by himself
No. You are still not understanding.

What destroyed the ring?

Essentially what you are telling me is that when a comic book character who can create shields gets blasted and has his or her shields penetrated by said blast and then still hurt by it, it means that he or she fully tanked the blast? The shields had nothing to do with mitigating the blast at all?

And I'm not even going to tell you how ridiculous your analogy is. Think on that yourself.
facepalm

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by One Big Mob

You'd think getting knocked out by a Guardian would be the thing you'd steer away from...

I mean, didn't Namor just get only KO'ed by a race of Beyonders Doom blast? Shit happens. A loss is a loss regardless of what damage occurs. Not everything needs to kill.
laughing

Actually I would use a feat like that.

Provided the character I was presenting was not phukkin amped(most likely) or utilizing a tool that is known to protect its user from crazy shiet.

I mean seriously..

Decter
Well to be fair all constructions and shields disappear when the ring runs out of battery and/or destroyed

So if the ring disappeared then all the abilities of the ring disappear as well since it was no longer attached to Doomsday

One-Punch
The guardian explosion is what caused the ring to melt in the first place. Hence, the ring being destroyed and the mountain exploding happened virtually the same time.

The comic states "In that single blinding instant the monster lost the power ring...AND the mountain ceased to exist."

It doesn't say "...and THEN the mountain ceased to exist"

The ring at the very least mitigated a portion of the blast before it was destroyed.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Decter
Well to be fair all constructions and shields disappear when the ring runs out of battery and/or destroyed

So if the ring disappeared then all the abilities of the ring disappear as well since it was no longer attached to Doomsday
What destroyed the ring?

Decter
What destroyed the ring?

I said is disappeared in doomsdays case.

If the ring had been dead or destroyed then that would mean he would no longer have the abilities. From what I'm understanding the ring disappeared which if that's the case then Doomsday still wouldn't have power over the ring.

Rao Kal El
No. You are still not understanding.

What destroyed the ring?

Essentially what you are telling me is that when a comic book character who can create shields gets blasted and has his or her shields penetrated by said blast and then still hurt by it, it means that he or she fully tanked the blast? The shields had nothing to do with mitigating the blast at all?

And I'm not even going to tell you how ridiculous your analogy is. Think on that yourself.
facepalm

Concessions accepted thumb up

When the devastating effects of an explosion travel at the speed of light let me know.

In the mean time you get atomized thumb up smile

One-Punch
Not sure why people are acting as if the ring just randomly disappeared for no apparent reason, lol.

It "cease to exist" because it was destroyed by the Guardian explosion.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Decter
I said is disappeared in doomsdays case.

If the ring had been dead or destroyed then that would mean he would no longer have the abilities. From what I'm understanding the ring disappeared which if that's the case then Doomsday still wouldn't have power over the ring.
What made the ring disappear?

celeyhyga17
Concessions accepted thumb up

When the devastating effects of an explosion travel at the speed of light let me know.

See this post fellas?

That's trolling.

One-Punch
Originally posted by One Big Mob

I remember someone posting Imperiex disintegrating Doomsday with an entropy blast, and used it as a durability feat for Doomsday because Doomsday's skeleton was still intact...

laughing out loud

I thought it was hilarious.

Rao Kal El
See this post fellas?

That's trolling.

Badabing
So, we all agree Hulk wins. thumb up

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Hulk%20smile_zpssm0p9xes.jpg

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Badabing
So, we all agree beats me down. thumb up

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Hulk%20smile_zpssm0p9xes.jpg

thumb up

Badabing
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
thumb up Post edit fail. ^^^ durpalm

Time-Immemorial
I failed at nothing Marwash killer...

Juntai
Doomsday lost the ring and is still at ground zero of that attack...
The point of power it takes a destroy a ring, is much lower than it takes to put Doomsday down. That's why you see it melt and THEN the mountain explodes and reality tears. Regardless of how much anyone wants to push the "in an instant" agenda, the result is still the same.

Here's an example of Hal shooting a beam that engulfs this guy and 'utterly vaporized' his ring, and didn't even incapacitate him.

http://imgur.com/Ni06eT1
http://imgur.com/a2wngU6

As for Doomsday possibly adapting and beginning to absorb some of the energy? Well, that's part of his character's resistance/durability/tank build.

There's also more to the problem with the theory of Doomsday ring being a major influence that alone though. . .. is in that rings have never really stood a chance against a Guardian. I don't ever recall a ring even hurting one or a Guardian ever struggling to beat or contain a lantern prior to their death and ressurection. They pretty much lifted a finger and there was no contesting their power.

Restrains Stewart.
http://i.imgur.com/EP3K8oY.jpg

Restrains Sinestro
http://imgur.com/a/t3Ala

Hal useless against a Guardian
http://imgur.com/zKfduHx

Hal, Guy, John, all useless.
http://imgur.com/1FOjHCX

And there's many examples like that.

Even though it's beside the point, after they were brought back to life... its still pretty questionable that it would help. These are largely considered weaker depictions of the Guardians, just as the rings themselves got nerfed along the way. Hal and Kyle's old rings are leagues over the ones Johns replaced them with.

Kyle and Jade's constructs pretty much shatter as soon as they get near this Guardian. Shields are useless. And this guardian is an infant.
http://imgur.com/a/Bhoa5

Kilowog's constructs shatter on impact. Shields are useless.
http://comicnewbies.com/2015/10/06/kilowog-vs-ganthet-rebirth/

Not to mention Hal attacking Krona prior to the Krona Buster, and it was the same result as above. Attacks shattered into nothingness and shields were useless.

Then all of a sudden, he damn near becomes the embodiment of the universe's will.

But yes, just because I know someone would like to cover the low showings for Ganthet or someone in Johns run, like all the Lanterns jumping him and him trying to talk to them and getting beat up a bit, etc, despite what I mentioned above about it being useless, there's a reason for it written into their story -- the more they are away from their place of power, the more time spent away from OA, the father they are removed from their power.

22 of them who left OA for years are no match for a single one.
http://imgur.com/J9NKj5r

Ganthet even having left OA and stepped down and turned himself into a GL, was likely upper trans tier or higher. When he got serious he would lay waste to many GLs in single blasts.

http://i.imgur.com/8n0wE07.jpg

But on OA, they're top end skyfathers beings.

Philosophía
@Philo

Prove what? All I said was the ring was fully functional the moment he used it's power. The moment the Guardian blast sent Doomsday flying, neither the ring nor the aura were functional. The comic specifically puts an emphasis on this part.

The guardian explosion is what caused the ring to melt in the first place. Hence, the ring being destroyed and the mountain exploding happened virtually the same time.

The ring at the very least mitigated a portion of the blast before it was destroyed. The sequence explicitly shows the ring melting and Doomsday no longer having any kind of aura before he's sent flying. The time difference between the ring melting and Doomsday being sent flying is incosequential - all that matters is the order of the events presented, which is that the ring was blatantly destroyed before Doomsday was sent flying:

golem370
Guardian scene that before or after the DOS books?

Surtur
Guardian scene that before or after the DOS books?

Chronologically it would of happened before Doomsday ever encountered Superman.

Juntai
About 250,000 years before DOS.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Juntai
Doomsday lost the ring and is still at ground zero of that attack...
The point of power it takes a destroy a ring, is much lower than it takes to put Doomsday down. That's why you see it melt and THEN the mountain explodes and reality tears. Regardless of how much anyone wants to push the "in an instant" agenda, the result is still the same.

Here's an example of Hal shooting a beam that engulfs this guy and 'utterly vaporized' his ring, and didn't even incapacitate him.

http://imgur.com/Ni06eT1
http://imgur.com/a2wngU6

No one is disputing the fact that the ring was destroyed before Doosday was koed. No one even made a claim that a gl ring is more durable than Doomsday. This part of your post is essentially a complete waste of time.

As for Doomsday possibly adapting and beginning to absorb some of the energy? Well, that's part of his character's resistance/durability/tank build.
Was going to bring that up, but did not do so since no one really did. But since you did, when in DoS DD's showings have him explicitly tapping into a power source other than his own? In this particular instance he not only was in possession of a gl ring he was "intuitively" tapping into, but it was also posited by a Guardian no less that he was feeding on said Guardian's power.

There's also more to the problem with the theory of Doomsday ring being a major influence that alone though. . .. is in that rings have never really stood a chance against a Guardian. I don't ever recall a ring even hurting one or a Guardian ever struggling to beat or contain a lantern prior to their death and ressurection. They pretty much lifted a finger and there was no contesting their power.

Restrains Stewart.
http://i.imgur.com/EP3K8oY.jpg

Restrains Sinestro
http://imgur.com/a/t3Ala

Hal useless against a Guardian
http://imgur.com/zKfduHx

Hal, Guy, John, all useless.
http://imgur.com/1FOjHCX

And there's many examples like that.

Even though it's beside the point, after they were brought back to life... its still pretty questionable that it would help. These are largely considered weaker depictions of the Guardians, just as the rings themselves got nerfed along the way. Hal and Kyle's old rings are leagues over the ones Johns replaced them with.
Again you are going off into a tangent that really doesn't further your case. What does a Guardian being overall more powerful than GL's have to do with anything I've pointed out?

Kyle and Jade's constructs pretty much shatter as soon as they get near this Guardian. Shields are useless. And this guardian is an infant.
http://imgur.com/a/Bhoa5

That's all well and good, but you are completely glossing over the fact that the Guardian was struggling with Lantern Doomy from the get go. Heck Doomy not only tanked a powerful barrage of salvos with the sole purpose of stopping him, but he also blasted the dang imp with ring energy and seemed to hurt him. So no. Doomy with his gl ring must have been channeling tremendous amount of energy vs this Guardian. Remember he was INTUITIVELY was tapping into the ring's power backed by a will that was so terrible that the Guardian began to falter(as per the comic).

Kilowog's constructs shatter on impact. Shields are useless.
http://comicnewbies.com/2015/10/06/kilowog-vs-ganthet-rebirth/

More ineffectual scans... sad

Not to mention Hal attacking Krona prior to the Krona Buster, and it was the same result as above. Attacks shattered into nothingness and shields were useless.

Then all of a sudden, he damn near becomes the embodiment of the universe's will.
You do know this only serves to weaken your stance right? Hello... "INTUITIVELY TAPPING" and "So TERRIBLE was the monster's WILL".....

But yes, just because I know someone would like to cover the low showings for Ganthet or someone in Johns run, like all the Lanterns jumping him and him trying to talk to them and getting beat up a bit, etc, despite what I mentioned above about it being useless, there's a reason for it written into their story -- the more they are away from their place of power, the more time spent away from OA, the father they are removed from their power.

22 of them who left OA for years are no match for a single one.
http://imgur.com/J9NKj5r

Ganthet even having left OA and stepped down and turned himself into a GL, was likely upper trans tier or higher. When he got serious he would lay waste to many GLs in single blasts.

http://i.imgur.com/8n0wE07.jpg

But on OA, they're top end skyfathers beings.
Again... Not really helping here.

It really is simple. In regards to the ring, what destroyed it, melted it, made it disappear, or however you want to call it? If you can answer that easily, there really is no argument to be had.

celeyhyga17
@philo
No. The book did not put a specific emphasis on this part. In fact, it did not emphasize on an aura at all. You are mistaking Lantern Doomy's bright green color on the previous page as depictions of an aura. That colorization was due to two specific reasons. One being both combatants were in an energy duel and the other emphasizing Lantern Doomy's feeding off of the Guardian's power.

You are seeing something that just isn't there. Instead of complicating things, just realize that Doomy most probably was amped from the Guardian's power and that he was the beneficiary of a gl ring right up until it was destroyed. Seriously this is just plain reaching. Smh...

Philosophía
@philo
No. The book did not put a specific emphasis on this part. The ring is melted before the blast hits Doomsday himself.

Are you blind, or do I have to report you and let a mod settle this?

celeyhyga17
@philo
Wow! This guy.. Wow... Just wow.

Here's a hint. The ring was destroyed/exhausted/overloaded/whatever by the total release of the Guardian's energy. Now what does that mean? He was the beneficiary of its power up until it was destroyed. What is not computing here?

Report me? Wtf? Smh... Get a mod ruling. Be my guest..

So that we're clear. Lantern Doomy was the beneficiary of not only the Guardian's power, but GL ring's power/defenses that served to somehow mitigate the attack performed by the Guardian. Which leads us to the point that Doomy did not tank the attack solely on his power.

Philosophía
@philo
Wow! This guy.. Wow... Just wow.

Here's a hint. The ring was destroyed/exhausted/overloaded/whatever by the total release of the Guardian's energy. Now what does that mean? He was the beneficiary of it's power up until it was destroyed. What is not computing here?

Report me? Wtf? Smh... Get a mod ruling. Be my guess. The ring was destroyed before the blast hit Doomsday himself - thus the ring offered no supplementary protection other than Doomsday's own durability. As a consequence, Doomsday survived a guardian exploding on his own power.

To deny this is to troll. Are you going to troll some more, or shall we call it a day?

celeyhyga17
Read my edit.

celeyhyga17
Btw I like how you have not really addressed certain points like the ones even you brought up.

thumb up

golem370
DOS Doomsday loses and nobody can proof otherwise, I win

Philosophía
Read my edit. I did. You're reported.

Now we wait.

celeyhyga17
@philo
Get non biased judges while you're at it. < not a joke.

They can see just read what was already presented here. At least then we get to see more than just one person's perspective.

Philosophía
@philo
Get non biased judges while you're at it. < not a joke. Are you seriously now calling the moderators of the forum biased?

laughing out loud

Here, take this:
http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Preview/2014/05/23__15_25_01/Shovel_view_01.jpge9200db2-781f-4214-a8da-7567372999b6Larger.jpg

Have fun.

celeyhyga17
@philo
Apparently you failed to read the other portion of that post.

Philosophía
Don't worry, the moderators are non-biased judges smile

Your b*tching isn't going to change that.

celeyhyga17
Not sure why you are trying to pander to the mods. Are you not understanding why I even brought up other judges? Maybe to get a larger perspective? Maybe?

As if I didn't spell it out in a post already.

Juntai
No one is disputing the fact that the ring was destroyed before Doosday was koed. No one even made a claim that a gl ring is more durable than Doomsday. This part of your post is essentially a complete waste of time.

Was going to bring that up, but did not do so since no one really did. But since you did, when in DoS DD's showings have him explicitly tapping into a power source other than his own? In this particular instance he not only was in possession of a gl ring he was "intuitively" tapping into, but it was also posited by a Guardian no less that he was feeding on said Guardian's power.

Again you are going off into a tangent that really doesn't further your case. What does a Guardian being overall more powerful than GL's have to do with anything I've pointed out?

That's all well and good, but you are completely glossing over the fact that the Guardian was struggling with Lantern Doomy from the get go. Heck Doomy not only tanked a powerful barrage of salvos with the sole purpose of stopping him, but he also blasted the dang imp with ring energy and seemed to hurt him. So no. Doomy with his gl ring must have been channeling tremendous amount of energy vs this Guardian. Remember he was INTUITIVELY was tapping into the ring's power backed by a will that was so terrible that the Guardian began to falter(as per the comic).

More ineffectual scans... sad

You do know this only serves to weaken your stance right? Hello... "INTUITIVELY TAPPING" and "So TERRIBLE was the monster's WILL".....

Again... Not really helping here.

It really is simple. In regards to the ring, what destroyed it, melted it, made it disappear, or however you want to call it? If you can answer that easily, there really is no argument to be had.
1) I broke down the discussion from many angles.

Any parts of it you felt didn't apply to your part of the discussion likely means they weren't for you specifically.

Which is why you weren't quoted.

So quit being self-important and claiming any of it's useless or meaningless towards your own personal posts.

2) The Guardian only theorized that Doomsday may be absorbing his power. But we've never seen him do that. So his theory is unfounded. His origin in comics and his Secret Origin bios contains explanations of his power. Energy absorption is something the original Doomsday never displayed. So if you want to run this theory, find more evidence. I'll wait.

3) You wanted to bring up that last one, it was the narrative you were trying to build up to while everyone was pointing out how bad you've been trolling about about Doomsday tanking that blast. ... Slowly evolving your debate to the claim that Doomsday didn't do that on his own. It was because of the ring. That he didn't have. No wait. That it was only because of the Guardians power he stole.

b) DD possibly adapting to the Guardian's power and absorbing it.

And this is not even getting into the power he absorbed.

very important factors like DD absorbing a portion of the Guardian's power.
who ever else has perpetuated this feat w/o even a hint of DD absorbing power

etc

3) Doomsday used the ring to strike back against the Guardian, but there is no evidence of Doomsday using a forcefield from the ring in that encounter. Zero. The power being let off by the Guardian causes the green glow. It wasn't there as Doomsday approached and initiated. Doomsday was adapting to the attacks, meaning they were hitting him, farther showing that he hadn't used a forcefield. He has never displayed the ability to adapt to an attack that bounced off of a forcefield. If you want to run that narrative, find more evidence. I'll wait.

Then;

4) He lost the ring before the final explosion of power anyways. He was in ground zero. With no ring. With no absorbed power.

celeyhyga17
1) I broke down the discussion from many angles.

Any parts of it you felt didn't apply to your part of the discussion likely means they weren't for you specifically.

Which is why you weren't quoted.

So quit being self-important and claiming any of it's useless or meaningless towards your own personal posts.

2) The Guardian only theorized that Doomsday may be absorbing his power. But we've never seen him do that. So his theory is unfounded. His origin in comics and his Secret Origin bios contains explanations of his power. Energy absorption is something the original Doomsday never displayed. So if you want to run this theory, find more evidence. I'll wait.

3) You wanted to bring up that last one, it was the narrative you were trying to build up to while everyone was pointing out how bad you've been trolling about about Doomsday tanking that blast. ... Slowly evolving your debate to the claim that Doomsday didn't do that on his own. It was because of the ring. That he didn't have. No wait. That it was only because of the Guardians power he stole.

1. Who else is really making an argument other than me? Only OnePunch mentioned something which pretty much only served to reiterate my point. It's as if you are now just making an attempt to insert "self important" just to downplay what was essentially a thinly veiled post towards the poser of the original argument. Me.

2. Backed by artist depiction of Lantern Doomy turning bright green after the Guardian posited that claim. Even after the book specifically stated that DD may be adapting then followed by the claim of absorbing? You're really just going against the overall tone of the story if taking this stance. It couldn't be any clearer what the writer was trying to portray. And this time he had a gl ring!

3. Who's everyone?

Evolve what? I had already mentioned absorbing to the first person who brought up this feat... Long before you even chimed in. Don't come at me with that... Smh. sad

You thought that was trolling? So even after the fact that I'm using on panel evidence to back my stance, you think this is trolling? That is mighty sensitive of you. I hope to god you don't actually think I'm trolling just because I disagree with you.

etc

3) Doomsday used the ring to strike back against the Guardian, but there is no evidence of Doomsday using a forcefield from the ring. Zero. The power being let off by the Guardian causes the green glow. It wasn't there as Doomsday approached and initiated. Doomsday was adapting to the attacks, meaning they were hitting him. He has never displayed the ability to adapt to an attack that bounced off of a forcefield. If you want to run that narrative, find more evidence. I'll wait.

Then;

4) He lost the ring before the final explosion of power anyways. He was in ground zero. With no ring. With no absorbed power.
3. A gl can be hurt by any attack if said attack is powerful enough. Be it physical or esoteric it doesn't matter. If you disagree you are waving away a large majority of gl portrayals.

4. He was in ground zero. The blast was described as a release of the totality of his energies. Implying BIG BLAST with DD at ground zero. You are basically saying it hit ONLY the ring first then everything else.

sad

abhilegend
laughing out loud @ celey.

Yeah, feat denial for any character he doesn't feels so.

Juntai
1. Who else is really making an argument other than me? Only OnePunch mentioned something which pretty much only served to reiterate my point. It's as if you are now just making an attempt to insert "self important" just to downplay what was essentially a thinly veiled post towards the poser of the original argument. Me.

2. Backed by artist depiction of Lantern Doomy turning bright green after the Guardian posited that claim. Even after the book specifically stated that DD may be adapting then followed by the claim of absorbing? You're really just going against the overall tone of the story if taking this stance. It couldn't be any clearer what the writer was trying to portray. And this time he had a gl ring!

3. Who's everyone?

Evolve what? I had already mentioned absorbing to the first person who brought up this feat... Long before you even chimed in. Don't come at me with that... Smh. sad

You thought that was trolling? So even after the fact that I'm using on panel evidence to back my stance, you think this is trolling? That is mighty sensitive of you. I hope to god you don't actually think I'm trolling just because I disagree with you.

etc

3. A gl can be hurt by any attack if said attack is powerful enough. Be it physical or esoteric it doesn't matter. If you disagree you are waving away a large majority of gl portrayals.

4. He was in ground zero. The blast was described as a release of the totality of his energies. Implying BIG BLAST with DD at ground zero. You are basically saying it hit ONLY the ring first then everything else.

sad

False. The scene, including Doomsday, turned green the moment the Guardian appeared. His own light causing it.

The rest of that nonsense was already covered.

No absorb. No shield depicted.

It's up to you to prove these. But seeing as it's not in Doomsday's powerset to absorb and amp, you'll be hard-pressed. He has never been portrayed like that. And he was never shown putting up a shield in this encounter. And the narration only ever mentioned him using the ring offensively in this encounter to strike back. Defensively, only Doomsday's natural defenses were mentioned.

And yes, trolling is ignoring evidence repeatedly.
Just as you're doing with Doomsday's green glow, and Doomsday's melted ring.

celeyhyga17
False. The scene, including Doomsday, turned green the moment the Guardian appeared. His own light causing it.

The rest of that nonsense was already covered.

No absorb. No shield depicted.

It's up to you to prove these. But seeing as it's not in Doomsday's powerset to absorb and amp, you'll be hard-pressed. He has never been portrayed like that. And he was never shown putting up a shield in this encounter. And the narration only ever mentioned him using the ring offensively in this encounter to strike back. Defensively, only Doomsday's natural defenses were mentioned.

And yes, trolling is ignoring evidence repeatedly.
Just as you're doing with Doomsday's green glow, and Doomsday's melted ring.
Here's the whole scene again.

Yes the Guardian's green reflected off of him. And not really the most viable representation of your point considering it was a tiny rendition of both characters in question. Also the following panel where there is actual detail due to a close up, we see no hint of bright green other than on the Guardian.

This scan is even better. First panel has both combatants bright green what with all the blasting going around. And then the very next panel the writer/artist chose to keep the bright green on Doomy to coincide with the very important detail of adapting then feeding off of the very power in question.

Again how one can argue that the Doomy's use of the gl ring and what transpired between the two combatants played no part in some way mitigating the final suicide attack of the Guardian, is simply turning away from the truths depicted in these pages.

-Pr-
Really not interested in mod ruling things like these. What's the actual argument here?

Juntai
Yep, I see the scene. Doomsday is green as soon as the Guardian appears. The light cast from the Guardians power engulfs him. He is knocked back, away from the Guardian, and the light is off of him, but as comes back to the fight, the green is cast over him again.

If you want to believe Doomsday was absorbing and amping from Guardian energy, you need to prove it. Because it's not in his powers.

Doomsday was never shown using the ring defensively in that encounter. It was also never mentioned. What WAS mentioned, was Doomsday's innate ability to adapt. If you feel otherwise, you need to prove it. But it's not in the writing or depiction.

The only mentioned use of said ring is to attack the Guardian.

Doomsday's ring vanished. And then he was hit. This is why the ring melted, and then he was blown away, koed, and fell through the tear in space.

Wearing a GL ring doesn't protect you by itself.
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3655145

Juntai
Originally posted by -Pr-
Really not interested in mod ruling things like these. What's the actual argument here? I need a mod ruling too.
Tacos, or Pizza?

-K-M-
I'll take this one PR.

Both. tacizza

Juntai
http://ifunny.co/tags/tacizza

?

Good call.

-Pr-
I need a mod ruling too.
Tacos, or Pizza?

I don't like either. Bada or NJ might, though.

h1a8
We should go by writer's intentions. Sometimes they don't mean to put things in the story that makes more sense. Did the writer meant for DD to be defensively amped by the ring when he got blasted?

Damborgson
The way I'd see it going down is WWH getting a Zom style beating, chunks of skin and bone flying, until he increases his strength enough to hit DD harder than Superman was, it'd take a while but he should achieve it without getting KO'd.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by -Pr-
Really not interested in mod ruling things like these. What's the actual argument here? I got this one: Hulk doesn't have Green power battery/guardian energies

naurtoisbeast
Lol...this Originally posted by abhilegend
I know. That's not WWH though. That's savage hulk and he can get angry enough to reach that level at a point.

WWH never showed that level of power though. i think hulk will win here

carver9
laughing out loud

I dont understand why I was quoted.

One Big Mob
laughing out loud

I dont understand why I was quoted. I don't think BeyonderGod realizes his "main" account wasn't permanently banned. He's been unbanned for a while

celeyhyga17
Yep, I see the scene. Doomsday is green as soon as the Guardian appears. The light cast from the Guardians power engulfs him. He is knocked back, away from the Guardian, and the light is off of him, but as comes back to the fight, the green is cast over him again.
Yes. The bright green is shown in their blast fight like I pointed out earlier. Then he is depicted as bright green in the very same panel the Guardian posited that DD may be adapting and feeding off of his power.

If you want to believe Doomsday was absorbing and amping from Guardian energy, you need to prove it. Because it's not in his powers.

Doomsday was never shown using the ring defensively in that encounter. It was also never mentioned. What WAS mentioned, was Doomsday's innate ability to adapt. If you feel otherwise, you need to prove it. But it's not in the writing or depiction.

The only mentioned use of said ring is to attack the Guardian.

Dude. The damn comic made it a compelling point in the scene which ultimately caused the Guardian to sacrifice himself. In fact, the Guardian even went so far as to refuse the other Guardians from adding their power to his because of that specific thing for fear of DD possibly feeding on theirs as well. Are we not reading the same book here?
And it's like you are forgetting he had a gl ring on. A ring in which DD was "INTUITIVELY" tapping into. A ring that was backed by tremendous will(again as per the comic). A ring that was specifically programmed to defend it's user from mortal injury(as per the comic) and has been used to describe gl rings on more than one occasion. And yet you now say DD received no defensive benefits even though he can fly and blast like he's been using it for years... sad

So let's see... Ability to adapt, has a gl ring, and the comic made it a strong point in the story of him feeding on the Guardian's energy. Knowing those three important pieces of information, you are going to tell me and any sane person out there that there was no way he could have absorbed energy from the Guardian? Should you really be in a position to cry trolling?

Doomsday's ring vanished. And then he was hit. This is why the ring melted, and then he was blown away, koed, and fell through the tear in space.
Wtf? This does not make sense.

Wearing a GL ring doesn't protect you by itself.
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3655145
I've already addressed this issue with Philo. Auras/shields are not always depicted in a comic even when a lantern is being attacked. It doesn't mean they are receiving no defensive benefits from it. Taking this stance would only look bad for you. Heck in the same book DD was plowing through multiple gl's on panel and not one was depicted with an green aura.

Just to hammer that point home...

Rayner must have superhuman durability vs Grayven.
http://s78.photobucket.com/user/Rewmac/media/Scans/GreenLantern97p01.jpg.html
http://s78.photobucket.com/user/Rewmac/media/Scans/GreenLantern97p05.jpg.html

Or here vs Mongul.
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-52-21.jpg.html

Or here vs Effigy.
http://s78.photobucket.com/user/Rewmac/media/Scans/Green%20Lantern/Green_Lantern_1999-114-06.jpg.html

Same here with Guy and Hal.
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/haljordanguygardner5.jpg?w=590&h=889

And Hal vs Mongul.
http://embed.gyazo.com/c1d5fa8860254ceb5ccc4e1db33d31ee.png

Hundreds more where those came from, but by now you get the picture.

Rao Kal El
Blinding instant THEN devastating effect.

Doomsday tanked it.

Saying otherwise is just plain trolling, that is why they can't answer a simple question, because they can't say with a straight face that they don't get atomized

wdXU4R8JBe4

h1a8
Yes. The bright green is shown in their blast fight like I pointed out earlier. Then he is depicted as bright green in the very same panel the Guardian posited that DD may be adapting and feeding off of his power.

Dude. The damn comic made it a compelling point in the scene which ultimately caused the Guardian to sacrifice himself. In fact, the Guardian even went so far as to refuse the other Guardians from adding their power to his because of that specific thing for fear of DD possibly feeding on theirs as well. Are we not reading the same book here?
And it's like you are forgetting he had a gl ring on. A ring in which DD was "INTUITIVELY" tapping into. A ring that was backed by tremendous will(again as per the comic). A ring that was specifically programmed to defend it's user from mortal injury(as per the comic) and has been used to describe gl rings on more than one occasion. And yet you now say DD received no defensive benefits even though he can fly and blast like he's been using it for years... sad

So let's see... Ability to adapt, has a gl ring, and the comic made it a strong point in the story of him feeding on the Guardian's energy. Knowing those three important pieces of information, you are going to tell me and any sane person out there that there was no way he could have absorbed energy from the Guardian? Should you really be in a position to cry trolling?

I've already addressed this issue with Philo. Auras/shields are not always depicted in a comic even when a lantern is being attacked. It doesn't mean they are receiving no defensive benefits from it. Taking this stance would only look bad for you. Heck in the same book DD was plowing through multiple gl's on panel and not one was depicted with an green aura.

Or here vs Mongul.
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-52-21.jpg.html

Or here vs Effigy.
http://s78.photobucket.com/user/Rewmac/media/Scans/Green%20Lantern/Green_Lantern_1999-114-06.jpg.html

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/haljordanguygardner5.jpg?w=590&h=889

And Hal vs Mongul.

Hundreds more where those came from, but by now you get the picture. you committed a strawman. The original argument was that GL are not always protected when you don't see an aura. You changed the argument to everytime a GL isn't shown an aura then it means they are not protected. Although this argument is maybe true it wasn't the original argument. The fact that Batman busted his nose either proves that GL are not always protected when you don't see an aura or that Batman had class 100 strength there.

There are many instances of humans surviving class 100 attacks in comics. So your examples could just show PIS.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
you committed a strawman. The original argument was that GL are not always protected when you don't see an aura. You changed the argument to everytime a GL isn't shown an aura then it means they are not protected. Although this argument is maybe true it wasn't the original argument. The fact that Batman busted his nose either proves that GL are not always protected when you don't see an aura or that Batman had class 100 strength there.

There are many instances of humans surviving class 100 attacks in comics. So your examples could just show PIS.
durpalm

One-Punch

Or here vs Mongul.

Or here vs Effigy.

And Hal vs Mongul.

Hundreds more where those came from, but by now you get the picture.
thumb up

h1a8
thumb up

I refutted that here

Originally posted by h1a8
you committed a strawman. The original argument was that GL are not always protected when you don't see an aura. You changed the argument to everytime a GL isn't shown an aura then it means they are not protected. Although this argument is maybe true it wasn't the original argument. The fact that Batman busted his nose either proves that GL are not always protected when you don't see an aura or that Batman had class 100 strength there.

abhilegend
Classic GL rings only had force fields for mortal attacks.

They did not have auto shields like Kyle and Hal had after Johns changed the power set in Rebirth.
Just because Doomsday had a ring doesn't means it had given him an auto shield.

Read some GL comics and come back.

Galan007
Here is a panel-by-panel breakdown with my 2 cents...

Here we see the Guardian confront and blast Doomsday. We can see that the Guardian is clearly encompassed by a green aura, while DD is not:
http://i.imgur.com/jndoLav.png
DD is being illuminated by the green light the Guardian is generating.

Here Doomsday appears to be encompassed by GL energies. However, said energies seem to be residual bleed-over from the Guardian's blast:
http://i.imgur.com/5zX5WKm.png
The energy looks much too 'wild' to be a defensive aura/auto-shield or whatever.

Again we see the Guardian clearly encompassed by a visible aura, while DD is not:
http://i.imgur.com/0gnEVym.png
The only visible aura DD is generating is confined solely to his right hand(around the ring.) If the intent was for the ring to be shielding him, we would have seen the same type of aura around his entire body, imo.

This panel give us contrast:
http://i.imgur.com/L2rkOxn.png
Once more we see the Guardian clearly emitting a green aura, while DD is not.

And finally, DD is once again illuminated green, secondary to the Guardian charging/releasing his final kamikaze attack:
http://i.imgur.com/mZjW4qj.png

Again, just my opinion. thumb up

Philosophía
thumb up

The dead giveaway is that the ring is clearly melting before the blast sends Doomsday flying. Even if the time interval between (1) the ring melting and (2) the blast touching doomsday and sending him flying is minuscule, it doesn't matter - the ring was already compromised by the point it hits him.

celeyhyga17
Guardian total release of energy kamikaze omniblast - "let me specifically target an object that is only about an inch or so in size and avoid the hulking behemoth it is sitting on top of"

Essentially what is being said here if the omniblast was sentient. Utterly dumb as rocks.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Apparently a melted GL ring can protect you now.

celeyhyga17
Still doesn't get. Probably never will.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>