Ivan Vanko(Whiplash) vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Can Whiplash beat (Winter Soldier) Captain America?

Scoobless
Whiplash from the racetrack scene: No
Whiplash from the end of the movie: Yes

StiltmanFTW
Even from the racetrack scene... he's shown some good durability and speed. Maybe not enough to beat Cap, but he'd give him a run for his money.

BruceSkywalker
Cap after a decent fight

Time-Immemorial
Captain cuts the cord

psycho gundam
Spinal cord

golem370
He did cut a Phantom in half dodge repulsor blasts from Iron Man and was hit by a 4000 to 5000 pound car twice against a barrier if he get a good shot with the whips imo Cap is k.o'ed

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by golem370
He did cut a Phantom in half dodge repulsor blasts from Iron Man and was hit by a 4000 to 5000 pound car twice against a barrier if he get a good shot with the whips imo Cap is k.o'ed

Not really. His shield can block and cut those whips, and cap gets the KO from a superhuman shield toss to the face. Cap is easily stronger now then Ironman's suitcase armor, as he is taking on Ironman in his best armor in the upcoming movie.

golem370
I think it could go either way the first Iron Man suit held a 2 ton suv off the ground i at 10% power I doubt Cap is stronger faster hand to hand speed sure.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Not really. His shield can block and cut those whips, and cap gets the KO from a superhuman shield toss to the face. Cap is easily stronger now then Ironman's suitcase armor, as he is taking on Ironman in his best armor in the upcoming movie.

Until Steve can kick a car so hard it skids several yards he isn't even as strong as the suitcase armour, never mind stronger. That being said, he could more than likely beat Tony in just his suitcase armour, one-on-one.

I personally wouldn't draw on Civil War for evidence. We have no idea how that whole conflict is going to play out. As things stand, based on feats, if Cap fought Tony one-on-one, and Tony was in his latest armour, he would kill Cap and kill him easily.

Time-Immemorial
In the upcoming movie he taking Tony on directly and stopping a helicopter from taking off with one arm. Not to mention his motorcycle throw. And taking on Ultron by himself.

TheVaultDweller
In the upcoming movie he taking Tony on directly and stopping a helicopter from taking off with one arm. Not to mention his motorcycle throw. And taking on Ultron by himself.

We have no context for that fight. We literally see only a few seconds. For all we know, that fight still ends with Tony beating his ass into the floor. Or hell, maybe Antman is mucking with Tony's suit. Or there is some other plot reason for whatever happens (which we don't even know yet). And yes, he did the motorcycle toss in the same film he did the car hold (something Tony did with a large SUV in his IM 1 suit, with an inferior arc reactor and minimal power). But kicking that car in IM 2 is still a greater strength feat. The helicopter thing isn't anything Tony shouldn't be able to replicate, based on feats. Ultron was Cap's best combat showing to date, but that version of Ultron was weak compared to Iron Man. When Iron Man fought Ultron he completely trashed him and barely needed a new coat of paint on his armour afterwards.

And in anyways, as I mentioned, Cap would more than likely beat Tony in just his suitcase armour. But based on feats, he isn't physically stronger. He is faster, more agile and a lot more skilled though, and his shield could do damage.

I mean you aren't seriously suggesting that Steve could beat Tony if they fought 1-on-1, and Tony was in his very latest armour and fighting without PIS?

Time-Immemorial
They are still pretty OP for Cap though, even if that was Ultron weaker form.

TheVaultDweller
It was a really good showing. He was giving as good as he was getting, and wasn't even particularly tired or banged up afterwards. But he would have struggled to actually put Ultron down, unless he got creative. Golem kinda nerfed him by putting TWS specifically in the OP though.

If this is Whiplash as he was on the racetrack (as when he fought the suitcase armour), I would give Cap a solid win majority. Seriously, his head and large areas of his torso are totally exposed. Cap could take those whips long enough to smash him in the face. Against the final suit that was handling both Rhodey and Tony at the same time? Not so much.

golem370
He could take whips that split a Phantom in two plus two race cars. This guy I am guessing was enforced by the harness he was wearing he got crushed by a speed 2 tons car and then he was hit by it again.

Time-Immemorial
Cap took hits from Chitari gunfire that disintegrated people.

Vanko loses his head from a superhuman shield toss.

golem370
Maybe but I think it could go either way.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by golem370
Maybe but I think it could go either way.

this goes the way of Cap beating the shit out of Vanko

Scoobless
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this goes the way of Cap beating the shit out of Vanko

Full armour Vanko?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Scoobless
Full armour Vanko?

yes

Time-Immemorial
He can't beat full armor vanko.

golem370
true

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Aud92hx7HPpA7l8BgPD2zkibvZx4?p=Vanko+Iron+Man+2&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-901&fp=1

BruceSkywalker
He can't beat full armor vanko.

how so???

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
how so???

It took the combined effort from both Tony and Rhodes to beat Ivan as Crimson Dynamo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.