Asajj Ventress Runs A Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Ventress is in her prime; both Legends and canon feats are allowed.

Warm-up: Darth Skotia

1. Kanan Jarrus & Ezra Bridger
2. Seventh Sister & Fifth Brother
3. Pre Vizsla
4. Barriss Offee & Ahsoka Tano (TCW)

5. A'Sharad Hett
6. Sora Bulq
7. Darth Talon
8. Kit Fisto

9. Luminara Unduli & Aayla Secura
10. Satele Shan
11. Savage Opress
12. Shaak Ti (TFU)

13. Luke Skywalker (RotJ)
14. General Grievous (RotS)
15. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Bonus round because I have no ****ing clue where to put this nigga: FotJ Boba Fett

Battle takes place on Dathomir.

Emperordmb
Stops somewhere 10-13 IMO, and I'm not 100% sure but I think she could lose potentially lose the bonus.

Galan007
For some reason I think #4 could give Asajj absolute hell... mmm

cs_zoltan
#9 already beat her once.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
#9 already beat her once. That was fairly early in the war, I believe.

Kurk
I feel it could stop at warm up

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by |King Joker|
That was fairly early in the war, I believe.

Yes, but is there a reason that team didn't improve during the biggest war the galaxy has ever seen? Even though virtually everyone did.

Especially Aayla who was rather young when they fought. Only 26.

Not to mention they had a few more months to improve.

|King Joker|
Yes, but is there a reason that team didn't improve during the biggest war the galaxy has ever seen? Even though virtually everyone did.

Especially Aayla who was rather young when they fought. Only 26.

Not to mention they had a few more months to improve. I'm sure they improved, but I highly doubt it was to the degree Ventress improved. Prime Ventress is more skilled, powerful, and experienced (specifically fighting other lightsaber wielders - compared to Aayla who only had one(?) duel after her fight with Asajj - and Unduli having zero documented saber duels after her bout with Asajj) than the Ventress that fought the duo. Now, you can probably say the same for prime Unduli & Secura, but... Ventress' increased growth is far better documented and explicit than the two Jedi. It'd be a guessing game trying to pinpoint how much better the duo is in their prime compared to when they engaged Ventress. So I feel like using Unduli & Secura beating a pre-prime Ventress as proof they could do it again as a pretty shaky foundation at best.

cs_zoltan
I'm sure they improved, but I highly doubt it was to the degree Ventress improved.

Well what degree did she improve? Even early CW Ventress was a match for Plo Koon, beat Fisto and was said that Mace needed all his skill to drive her off.

Also in her duel with Aayla and Luminara she was consistantly on the back foot and tried to ran away.
So it wasn't practically close. Even if prime Ventress would fare better it's hardly proof she could turn that early CW loss into a majority.

DarthAnt66
When did Ventress fight Aayla / Luminara?

Aurbere
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
When did Ventress fight Aayla / Luminara?

Pretty sure that was in one of the TCW games.

DarthAnt66
LMFAO.

Galan007
Originally posted by Aurbere
Pretty sure that was in one of the TCW games. Was during 'Mission to Azloc III', wasn't it?

Aurbere
Originally posted by Galan007
Was during 'Mission to Azloc III', wasn't it?

Yup. thumb up

|King Joker|
Well what degree did she improve? ?v=qUJ5zAK4EYE
?v=tpLiiD1Gsjk

As you can see in her second fight, Ventress' performance against Anakin & Kenobi was much better than her first fight with them on Christophsis. She was able to remove Kenobi from the fight for over ten seconds with a kick, and was able to TK Skywalker. I think that performance speaks for itself that she improved quite a bit, especially when she was fighting an even better Kenobi/Skywalker duo.

Also in her duel with Aayla and Luminara she was consistantly on the back foot and tried to ran away.
So it wasn't practically close. Even if prime Ventress would fare better it's hardly proof she could turn that early CW loss into a majority. Much of that fight was just gameplay so we can't be certain how Ventress was faring against them, and the fight was cut short because of a cave-in. Ventress early in the war was stalemating Luminara in telekinesis, so her power increase (that was specified by both Sidious and Dooku) would be massively beneficial in a rematch against Unduli and Secura, and is an advantage not really held by her previously. Aayla in particular has fell victim to opponents that boast large Force advantages. And as seen with Kenobi, she could remove one from the fight for a decent amount of time with a kick and focus on one combatant - and Ventress more towards her prime had an offensive that was able to defeat Grievous, so Luminara or Secura would have a very, very difficult time fending off Asajj without the aid of their ally, even for a short period of time.

Point is, given her effectiveness against a better duo in Kenobi/Skywalker more towards her prime, I think she definitely can pull of a majority against Unduli & Secura, who to be frank are nowhere near Kenobi & Skywalker's leagues. Overall, she is just more powerful and more martially skilled than them, IMO.

NewGuy01
Barriss already rekt her shit in, so she's obviously done at 4.

|King Joker|
Sas droppin mad wisdom

carthage

NewGuy01
Sas droppin mad wisdom

It's what I do.

Tondemonai
Kek warmup

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Kek warmup Skotia vs. Dooku, iyo?

FreshestSlice
It's like Neph and LeGenD had children and they in turn inbred.

ares834
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Kek warmup

no expression

Ventress bends Skotia over a table and takes him with a strap on.

cs_zoltan
As you can see in her second fight, Ventress' performance against Anakin & Kenobi was much better than her first fight with them on Christophsis. She was able to remove Kenobi from the fight for over ten seconds with a kick, and was able to TK Skywalker. I think that performance speaks for itself that she improved quite a bit, especially when she was fighting an even better Kenobi/Skywalker duo.

You mean when she was rage amped by Dooku's betrayal and still lost handily?

Much of that fight was just gameplay so we can't be certain how Ventress was faring against them, and the fight was cut short because of a cave-in.

It's a scripted event that Ventress jumps away from the team to another platform, because she is outmatched. And in the end she loses, because she runs into the cave. The point is she couldn't handle them head on for long so she had to disengage consistantly.

Ventress early in the war was stalemating Luminara in telekinesis, so her power increase (that was specified by both Sidious and Dooku) would be massively beneficial in a rematch against Unduli and Secura, and is an advantage not really held by her previously. Aayla in particular has fell victim to opponents that boast large Force advantages. And as seen with Kenobi, she could remove one from the fight for a decent amount of time with a kick and focus on one combatant - and Ventress more towards her prime had an offensive that was able to defeat Grievous, so Luminara or Secura would have a very, very difficult time fending off Asajj without the aid of their ally, even for a short period of time.

Luminara and Ventress stalemated in TK, as you said, but then you ignore again that Luminara improved too. Even if Ventress improved more (which is likely), she still won't be shitting on Luminara's TK. Plus Luminara is a Soresu master, no way Ventress will beat her fast.
Ventress beat TCW Grievous on a DS Nexus. Let's not be selective here. EU Grievous clearly shits on her.

He had a meeting scheduled with the formidable General Grievous, who was even more powerful than Ventress, but a great deal less interesting as a dinner-table conversationalist.
―Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

And that's beside the trashing he gave to Ventress & Durge. Not to mention Grievous' weakness to Makashi thanks to Dooku.

Point is, given her effectiveness against a better duo in Kenobi/Skywalker more towards her prime, I think she definitely can pull of a majority against Unduli & Secura, who to be frank are nowhere near Kenobi & Skywalker's leagues. Overall, she is just more powerful and more martially skilled than them, IMO.

She was amped, she lost handily. Yes Kenobi & Anakin are better duo on paper (ignoring their obvious jobbings), but Ventress didn't even had a chance against them, like ever. She has a chance against Luminara & Aayla, could even win, but not for a majority.

Tondemonai
Skotia vs. Dooku, iyo?

Dooku 6/10

Skotia had all his cybernetics completely shut down (he's more than 50% machine) and was still able to brutally attack apprentice Nox and Khem Val. He had to solely rely on using the Force to move his entire body, which shows a considerable control of the Force; however I don't see his saber skills beating Dooku. He's more of a brute than a Force-based fighter. Taking that into account he'd probably go down but in a good fight.

FreshestSlice
You think the guy weaker than the guy Nox made a ***** is actually Dooku level? You really are LeGenD's heir, not that Valkorion vs. Galactus was lacking for proof.

Tondemonai
I regret that post. Do you really think that Thanston < Dooku? In saber prowess there's no argument from me but Thanatin dwarfs Dooku in Force mastery. Skotia isn't equal to Dooku, but he's probably around that tier.

FreshestSlice
Lulz

NewGuy01
Skotia isn't on Thanaton's tier, and Dooku could wipe the floor with them both.

DarthAnt66
Dooku's not wiping the floor with Thanaton, kek

He'll win though.

Beniboybling
4. Barriss Offee & Ahsoka Tano (TCW)DS Barriss?

|King Joker|
You mean when she was rage amped by Dooku's betrayal and still lost handily? Comparing her fight above Sullust to her fight on Christophsis against Anakin & Kenobi, she only briefly met them head on but was pretty much consistently driven back. Fast forward to Sullust and she's KO'ing Kenobi for over 10 seconds and TK'ing Skywalker. That "amp" really didn't seem to manifest itself until she choked them, and even though her loss was obvious, she was up against a far superior duo than Unduli/Aayla (and Luminara / Aayla are very much lesser in pretty much every way) and she was still able to get some good hits in that if replicated against Luminara & Aayla (which I'm sure she could at the very least replicate, and probably garner greater results) could turn the tide in Ventress' favor.

Luminara and Ventress stalemated in TK, as you said, but then you ignore again that Luminara improved too. I really doubt Luminara's learning curve is near Ventress' at all. And as I said before, we have no clue how much Luminara improved.

Even if Ventress improved more (which is likely), she still won't be shitting on Luminara's TK. Plus Luminara is a Soresu master, no way Ventress will beat her fast. She doesn't necessarily have to shit on her TK, but a Force advantage would help disrupt her defense should Asajj go for it (she definitely would, very early in their first fight Asajj was attempting to overpower Luminara with the Force) and Ventress could take advantage of that and either kill her or KO her.

Ventress beat TCW Grievous on a DS Nexus. Let's not be selective here. Well, I mean... this gauntlet does take place on Dathomir, Zoltan.

EU Grievous clearly shits on her.

He had a meeting scheduled with the formidable General Grievous, who was even more powerful than Ventress, but a great deal less interesting as a dinner-table conversationalist.
―Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

And that's beside the trashing he gave to Ventress & Durge. Well, obviously TCW Grievous & EU Grievous are two different animals entirely and when merging them together you get wild inconsistencies.

Not to mention Grievous' weakness to Makashi thanks to Dooku. wat?

She was amped, she lost handily. Yes Kenobi & Anakin are better duo on paper (ignoring their obvious jobbings), but Ventress didn't even had a chance against them, like ever. She has a chance against Luminara & Aayla, could even win, but not for a majority. Obviously she didn't have a chance against Kenobi & Skywalker - either alone are capable of beating her. But when comparing Ventress to Aayla and Luminara - she has advantages she didn't have previously, and showings suggesting that she could defeat them in her prime.

Either Aayla or Luminara could be removed from the fight for a decent amount of time with a kick, and either are vulnerable to TK strikes, more so than Kenobi/Anakin was - which would allow Asajj to stave off any attempts at a continuous offense by the Jedi. Luminara being a Soresu master could possibly delay Ventress, but like in S1, Ventress could TK her, but this time Luminara wouldn't be able to stalemate the push and her defense would be disrupted, allowing for Ventress to capitalize. There's other ways a prime Ventress could secure a victory I think, but whatever. IMO prime Ventress could take a 6-7/10 against them, but we can agree to disagree with that.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
DS Barriss? Pre-terrorist Barriss.

Beniboybling
Alright she'll clear that then. I'd say she stops at Sora or Shan however.

EDIT: Didn't notice it was on Dathomir, that would give Ventress a significant edge. mmm

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Dooku's not wiping the floor with Thanaton, kek

He'll win though.
Dooku would shit in Thanaton. erm

Sinious
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Dooku would shit in Thanaton. erm Do you think Dooku wins 10/10 in force only?

cs_zoltan
Comparing her fight above Sullust to her fight on Christophsis against Anakin & Kenobi, she only briefly met them head on but was pretty much consistently driven back. Fast forward to Sullust and she's KO'ing Kenobi for over 10 seconds and TK'ing Skywalker. That "amp" really didn't seem to manifest itself until she choked them, and even though her loss was obvious, she was up against a far superior duo than Unduli/Aayla (and Luminara / Aayla are very much lesser in pretty much every way) and she was still able to get some good hits in that if replicated against Luminara & Aayla (which I'm sure she could at the very least replicate, and probably garner greater results) could turn the tide in Ventress' favor.

Nah, she was obviously amped. Kenobi can tank kicks like this without getting floored:

https://youtu.be/DlJiphrbLyg?t=1m15s

This is the same kick that can OHK a jedi:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111137054/4251965-darth+maul+bruu+jun+fan.jpg

Either Ventress was amped or it's an inconsitant showing from Kenobi (like that never happens in TCW roll eyes (sarcastic) ), take your pick. Either way that's not a legit feat for Ventress.

I don't understand why you insist on this. She doesn't have to improve for the same magnitude when she has Aayla.

As if Aayla would just let her do that, right? A simple force advantage is hardly a deal breaker in a 2on1 duel.

Well shit, she might even clear then (only Talon, Savage, or Grievous could beat her, since they either benefit from the Nexus or unaffected by it). Reading the full OP is overrated. Anyhow, still gona address the rest of your post with neutral ground in mind.

Grievous had been a delight to train, as well. No need to coax him to release his anger and rage, as Dooku had been forced to do during the training of his so-called Dark Jedi disciples. The Geonosians had arranged for Grievous to be nothing but anger and rage. And as to the general's combat skills, few, if any, Jedi would be capable of defeating him. There had been moments during the extensive combat sessions when even Dooku had been hard-pressed to outduel the cyborg.

But then, Dooku had kept some secrets to himself.

Just in case.
―Labyrinth of Evil

I don't see why Dooku couldn't afford that, since only 1 jedi at the time is confirmed using Makashi and only 3 other confirmed mastering it.

Not without a rage amp.

Actually Kenobi is really susceptible to TK. As for the kick? Well Ventress BFRing Kenobi is covered above, but even then Aayla has endurance feats like shrugging of shuttle crashes and close proximity explosions. She could also recover from Maul's cybernetically enhanced kick to the face.

And TK cuts both ways. If you are caught offgaurd then you'll get pushed, there is no way around that. The team is just as likely to push Ventres as the other way around. Nah actually more likely since there are two of them. Only the effects that vary. Ventress by virtue of being more powerful can push them further/floor them longer, but that doesn't mean the team can't push her either.

Aayla though didn't even get floored by Anakin's TK:
https://youtu.be/FGMabAyZPpI?t=3m30s

Ventress is good, but she not gona beat two of the most skilled jedi of their time on neutral ground.

cs_zoltan
Anyhow on a DS nexus I could see Talon winning.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Sinious
Do you think Dooku wins 10/10 in force only?
Thanaton could take a round or two, but Dooku is completely out of his league.

Sinious
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Thanaton could take a round or two, but Dooku is completely out of his league. Yeah, I'd say Thanaton takes at least 2 rounds. Dooku's superiority in the force isn't really that big even though its not that slight either. With sabers involved though,he wins 10/10 for sure.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Galan007
For some reason I think #4 could give Asajj absolute hell... mmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.