Pakistan & Kiddie diddling

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Henry_Pym
Pakistan has voted against banning child marriages on the ground it is "anti-Islamic" and "blasphemous"

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/01/15/anti-pedophilia-bill-rejected-in-pakistan-as-anti-islamic-294947?hvid=1Lr0zK

Wtf

jaden101
So it was a proposal to change the age of marriage from 16 to 18

In context in most US states it's 16 and in massachusets it's 12 for females and 14 for males.

Henry_Pym
Please go hit on a 12 yo in Mass, I dare you lol

Also Age of Consent in Ma is 16 BUT its a romeo juliet law.

In the article there is an appeal to lower the age of consent to 9...

Surtur
The problem with age of consent laws is some girls these days look way way older then they actually are and they actively lie about their age.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Surtur
The problem with age of consent laws is some girls these days look way way older then they actually are and they actively lie about their age.
I'm not sure how that's a problem with age of consent laws...sounds like a problem with the girls or with the guys who are picking them up.

Age of consent laws are built not on how people look but on presumptions about their emotional and psychological maturity.

Completely arbitrary lines though. I mean, when you turn 18 do you magically become qualified to take care of yourself in ways you weren't the day before?

I wish there was an alternative to rigid AoC laws, one that took into account the nuances of each particular case.

-Pr-
imo at the very least the ages should be the same for both genders.

Henry_Pym
Biologically women mature faster than men, but that is purely biological not socially.

Surtur
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm not sure how that's a problem with age of consent laws...sounds like a problem with the girls or with the guys who are picking them up.

Age of consent laws are built not on how people look but on presumptions about their emotional and psychological maturity.

Completely arbitrary lines though. I mean, when you turn 18 do you magically become qualified to take care of yourself in ways you weren't the day before?

I wish there was an alternative to rigid AoC laws, one that took into account the nuances of each particular case.

But it is a problem because sometimes in statutory rape cases the fact the girl lied about her age doesn't always matter. So sometimes they expect teens to basically either have the uncanny ability to automatically know a persons true age or to always be sure to ask a girl for ID.

Now add in the fact most people arrested for statutory rape are men and when women are arrested for it they don't always get the same sentences.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Surtur
But it is a problem because sometimes in statutory rape cases the fact the girl lied about her age doesn't always matter. So sometimes they expect teens to basically either have the uncanny ability to automatically know a persons true age or to always be sure to ask a girl for ID.
Yeah those cases are really muddy.

Flyattractor
Wow. When did they let Women get so high above Cattle? Pakistan just aint what it used to be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.